• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't know what is the problem with a handheld version existing.
in some ways it holds the wii u version back in others it doesn't, but I mean if you want my opinion the 3ds is a jon for sakurai because he doesn't want to make version exclusive characters. Again if you ask me olimar shouldn't even be on the 3ds version from all the bugs I seem to hear about

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I was playing a really good Fox/Ike on For Glory for like 20 matches and through multiple tags they said to me
"ZELDA" "IS NOT" "BAD"
You don't think she's bad, huh? :^)

Soul.

Ridley has the most terrifying scream in that game.
I know, his scream means "I'm too big"
in some ways it holds the wii u version back in others it doesn't, but I mean if you want my opinion the 3ds is a jon for sakurai because he doesn't want to make version exclusive characters. Again if you ask me olimar shouldn't even be on the 3ds version from all the bugs I seem to hear about
eh, version exclusive characters would only make people rage even more.
"Wow I need to play this character on the 3DS."
"Wow I can only play this guy on the Wii U".

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Though he's pretty ****ing huge in Fusion.

And his theme kicks ass.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Can I just say that Ridley's face in that picture looks hilariously derpy?
He's all like "Whazzup, Samus?" completely oblivious to the fact he is getting the **** shot out of him.

I just realized he's missing his tail in the Melee intro.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wow I missed Zelda MU discussion

I'm going to try and revive that topic because I'm actually interested in hearing about who she does well against. Here are my (HIGHLY REPUTABLE AND INFORMED AND TOTALLY NOT 96% THEORYCRAFT) assumptions thus far:

not bad
:4charizard::4lucina::4bowser::4dedede::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4marth::4pikachu::rosalina::4zelda:

bad
:4darkpit::4pit::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4megaman::4metaknight::4olimar::4sonic::4yoshi::4zss::4falcon::4mario::4luigi:

:4roy:inclined to say disadvantaged because of disjoints, damage, and movespeed, but I don't really know how this plays out
:4drmario:Unsure how he'd differ compared to Mario, but I find it amusing to think about how his upB is fast enough to kill Zelda before she vanishes if he shields the first part of FW. I feel like Mario's speed probably matters more in the MU, but Doc can hover in front of the ledge with nado to catch ledgesnaps and KO stupidly early, giving an actual answer to her teleport recovery.
:4jigglypuff:idk
:4lucario: Guessing either even or advantageous, considering Zelda can kill before Aura becomes a factor and Nayru's beats AS/ranged FP.
:4miibrawl:Probably a losing MU, but Zelda kills early and doesn't lose her kill combos past mid percents like Brawler does, and he also has to commit to his attacks in FW range.
:4miigun:idk
:4miisword:idk
:4ness:Kind of funny MU to think about, I get the feeling it's evenish.
:4palutena:idk, I try not to think about Palutena MUs because I'm always like "well bair/DA beat that" and obviously those aren't safe moves to use 100% of the time
:4pacman:idk
:4peach:Peach seems strictly better but I'm not going to pretend to have the slightest clue how this plays out
:4rob:idk
:4robinf:idk, seems like it'd be evenish?
:4samus:idk
:4sheik:Runs circles around Zelda, but has a hell of a time killing while leaving herself prone to things like rage Elevator. Probably a losing MU but it doesn't seem terrible.
:4shulk:dunno what she does against his range lol
:4tlink:seems like he wouldn't do as well as Link due to lesser range
:4villagerf:idk
:4wario2:idk
:4wiifit:idk

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Like the 3ds would have a shot at an exclusive character

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Okay cool! Since it's on a saturday I'm pretty sure I can join. I just need to figure out the rules.
Rules are in Challonge description, which is linked in the OP of the thread
Everything from stagelists to stocks is there :)
It's gonna really depend on my schedule, but if I'm 100% entirely open, then I'll probably do it.
I ain't good, haha, but I'll give it a go.
We're super flexible
Read the OP :nifty:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
She's already spoiled with a trophy tho lol
oh and don't forget :4lucina::4sheik:
Well... people aren't forced to read trophies, though. And as for Lucina, is the fact that she's Chrom's daughter really that big a deal as a spoiler?

Sheik doesn't count cause Ocarina is already like 1491 years old. And lol OoT's story? More like what story amirite.

The thing with Fiora's spoiler is that it's actually a pretty huge spoiler that would literally ruin the first half of the game if you know about it. It's also pretty tragic and surprising, or at least it was for me.

YOU. YOU'RE A SMARTY

All hail our second lord and savior
Am I a smarty cause I think Fiora is lame or cause I think the spoiler would be pretty harsh?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Villain used Twisting Fox and it killed Sean's Diddy. And does anyone know if Fox's Impact Blaster has less end lag than Falco's default Blaster? Customs tournament, yay!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
yeeah probably wont do a prize because I would have to do for both 3DS and WiiU
I dont have a job guys lmao

it probably doesn't matter unless you've got spooper lag wifi
Well, I wouldn't want to make everyone lag. :p

And while I do love Fiora, I agree that Melia is way better (and more interesting to play as).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I'm going to try and revive that topic because I'm actually interested in hearing about who she does well against. Here are my (HIGHLY REPUTABLE AND INFORMED AND TOTALLY NOT 96% THEORYCRAFT) assumptions thus far:

not bad
:4charizard::4lucina::4bowser::4dedede::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4marth::4pikachu::rosalina::4zelda:

bad
:4darkpit::4pit::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4megaman::4metaknight::4olimar::4sonic::4yoshi::4zss::4falcon::4mario::4luigi:

:4roy:inclined to say disadvantaged because of disjoints, damage, and movespeed, but I don't really know how this plays out
:4drmario:Unsure how he'd differ compared to Mario, but I find it amusing to think about how his upB is fast enough to kill Zelda before she vanishes if he shields the first part of FW. I feel like Mario's speed probably matters more in the MU, but Doc can hover in front of the ledge with nado to catch ledgesnaps and KO stupidly early, giving an actual answer to her teleport recovery.
:4lucario: Guessing either even or advantageous, considering Zelda can kill before Aura becomes a factor and Nayru's beats AS/ranged FP.
:4miibrawl:Probably a losing MU, but Zelda kills early and doesn't lose her kill combos past mid percents like Brawler does, and he also has to commit to his attacks in FW range.
:4palutena:idk, I try not to think about Palutena MUs because I'm always like "well bair/DA beat that" and obviously those aren't safe moves to use 100% of the time
:4peach:Peach seems strictly better but I'm not going to pretend to have the slightest clue how this plays out
:4sheik:Runs circles around Zelda, but has a hell of a time killing while leaving herself prone to things like rage Elevator. Probably a losing MU but it doesn't seem terrible.
I think kirby is even and we definitely beat olimar

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

not bad

bad

Zelda has always had trouble with Peach. She has more range and can apply a lot of pressure, two of Zelda's main weaknesses. I don't think the MU is as bad in this game compared to Melee or Brawl tho. I play Dan a lot so I have a lot of experience with Zelda vs. Peach, I'd say it's 45:55 or 40:60.

As for Shulk:
Take this with a grain of salt, but keep in mind I main both of these characters and I play your Zelda all the time.

Zelda can only easily gimp Shulk with her Phantom, and in a customs environment Strike and Squall work too. But, you can recovery safely with careful timing, rendering her only option to dair which you can use on any character so I wouldn't say she's amazing at gimping him. Nearly all of Shulk's moves outrange her and getting in is one of Zelda's worst problems so that already puts her at a disadvantage. Shulk doesn't have enough lag for you to punish if you're not just throwing out random smash attacks. MALLC makes him even harder to punish. He can rack up damage a lot better than Zelda with the mobility of Jump + Speed and the pure damage output of Buster. He's even better and safer at getting kills than Zelda since he kills at 90-100% without Smash and 70-80% with a good read and Smash activated. He can kill with Smash ftilt, utilt , Air Slash OOS or dthrow and bthrow which are all quick and powerful, with the throws being slightly less so. No way this is in Zelda's favor. Yes, she can combo him a lot but that didn't save the Snake MU in Brawl. Shulk's range and ability to keep her out makes it a nightmare for Zelda against a good Shulk who properly utilizes MALLC.
:4shulk:::4zelda: 60:40 or 65:35
Well... people aren't forced to read trophies, though. And as for Lucina, is the fact that she's Chrom's daughter really that big a deal as a spoiler?

Sheik doesn't count cause Ocarina is already like 1491 years old. And lol OoT's story? More like what story amirite.

The thing with Fiora's spoiler is that it's actually a pretty huge spoiler that would literally ruin the first half of the game if you know about it. It's also pretty tragic and surprising, or at least it was for me.

Am I a smarty cause I think Fiora is lame or cause I think the spoiler would be pretty harsh?
Yeah, I guess it is a much bigger spoiler.
Fiora was my favorite character at the beginning of the game, and when I found out she was still alive? And as a face Mechon? Wow, I was stunned. That one cutscene is the reason I want her so much. It's like, the only time I've felt genuine shock from a game and it only made me love her even more. When she died in the beginning, that was also the only time I felt genuine sadness from a game. All of that easily made her my favorite video game character ever
But yeah, I definitely get the spoiler thing is a problem now that you explained it. I'm still gonna support her forever tho~

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

GGs yo, you're pretty damn good! :D
I was so surprised when I saw you ! I thought you had come from my friend list but i was sheer happenstance that we got pitted in the same room ! It was awesome, especially our Zelda ditto ! You're pretty good yourself ! :D

Top Bottom