• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I was so surprised when I saw you ! I thought you had come from my friend list but i was sheer happenstance that we got pitted in the same room ! It was awesome, especially our Zelda ditto ! You're pretty good yourself ! :D
Cheers sis! When I saw your tag was just like, "toady sounds pretty familiar..." Then you went Zelda & Peach then I checked your location & then I was like, "yep, this guy is definitely a Zelda-sis" LOLOLOL.
I would definitely love to play ya again some time!

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Rules are in Challonge description, which is linked in the OP of the thread
Everything from stagelists to stocks is there :)
I meant rules as in: "How does stage list striking/counterpickig go."

Also on the 0% chance I win, I have no paypal account.

Still can't wait though!

I'm not a fan of Fiora to be honest. She's a pretty generic romantic interest. Melia bias aside, she just seemed like the character with the weakest personality.
I wasn't really that startled
when she got bopped by Metal face
She's not all that interesting. Her role is interesting, but her personality is lacking.

Last edited:
Someday, I'm going to pay for premium and switch to Berserker.

and be part of those users who have a period as the last character of their username

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I meant rules as in: "How does stage list striking/counterpickig go."

Also on the 0% chance I win, I have no paypal account.

Still can't wait though!
As for stage list striking
Well game 1 depends on you and your opponent, you guys agree on a starter stage (for example Smashville)
Winner gets 3 stage strikes and strikes up to 3 stages he doesn't want to play on (lets say Lylat, Duck Hunt and Delfino)
The loser then chooses from the available stages
Rinse repeat :3
you got it?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I just asked 2 olimar mains "why does olimar use side b and smashes the whole match?"

They said "because those are his best and ONLY defensive options, he's fairly limited and everything else is punishable"

Soul.

You know it's really stupid when someone says a character isn't worth using because of Sheik's existence alone.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4olimar: sideB is a projectile that racks up damage quickly
fsmash is a projectile that both gets opponents off him and kills
his other moves are not ranged projectiles (technically dsmash/usmash are projectiles but they don't go far)
naturally as a zoning character you're going to use your zoning tools primarily

Also, his pivot grab is great for stuffing approaches too, doubly so with blue pikmin having kill throws and white pikmin having a ridiculous 4% pummel.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
ohhhhh... I just read customs are allowed... I have like, no experience with customs. Dang.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Signed up for this. Hopefully I make it past the first round.

*prays to make it past*

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm going to have to practice a ton if I want to stand a chance in the tournament. Jab cancels, Lunar Landing, SoRo...Why must Rosalina require effort? /sigh

I should start seriously practicing Jigglypuff, too because getting killed by a balloon is humiliating. I have no idea what to practice with her, though, and what I should be doing with her in general. :/

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
:4olimar: sideB is a projectile that racks up damage quickly
fsmash is a projectile that both gets opponents off him and kills
his other moves are not ranged projectiles (technically dsmash/usmash are projectiles but they don't go far)
naturally as a zoning character you're going to use your zoning tools primarily

Also, his pivot grab is great for stuffing approaches too, doubly so with blue pikmin having kill throws and white pikmin having a ridiculous 4% pummel.
Red Pikmin also makes for a decent combo throw that may(?) combo into fair at kill percentage.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Fiora sucks (Can be read as: Melia is way better)
You will never know what was written here because berserker and lavani are both little girls >:C

I'm not a fan of Fiora to be honest. She's a pretty generic romantic interest. Melia bias aside, she just seemed like the character with the weakest personality.
Yeah same, she's just "cute girl" all over again. Melia and Sharla were both way cooler, although from what I've heard they never did much with Sharla either :'D.

Tbh when I first saw official art of Sharla I thought she'd have some shipping with Dunban and I got really excited about her. I thought they would have this really "British" and respectful mature-people romance. But then lawl Reyn. F*ck Reyn.

Zelda has always had trouble with Peach. She has more range and can apply a lot of pressure, two of Zelda's main weaknesses. I don't think the MU is as bad in this game compared to Melee or Brawl tho. I play Dan a lot so I have a lot of experience with Zelda vs. Peach, I'd say it's 45:55 or 40:60.

As for Shulk:

Yeah, I guess it is a much bigger spoiler.
Fiora was my favorite character at the beginning of the game, and when I found out she was still alive? And as a face Mechon? Wow, I was stunned. That one cutscene is the reason I want her so much. It's like, the only time I've felt genuine shock from a game and it only made me love her even more. When she died in the beginning, that was also the only time I felt genuine sadness from a game. All of that easily made her my favorite video game character ever
But yeah, I definitely get the spoiler thing is a problem now that you explained it. I'm still gonna support her forever tho~
And that's cool! I also liked that part in the game, specially cause she's in that cool mech tank during that scene and ****. I dunno if I've ever felt genuine sadness for a game that isn't Majora's Mask. Xenoblade was cool, but I wasn't too attached to the characters by then to feel much other than "oh man, that sucks."

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Oh, customs are allowed in the Social tournament?

WHELP, GUESS I'M GONNA LEDGE CAMP WITH TIMBER COUNTER AND EXPLODING BALLONS.

:4villager:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

BANNED

Again, won't be able to make it due to final exams. Ah well. :^(

Also, this is my personal MU chart for Zelda, with customs on. Some characters were randomly slapped on there because I don't know the MU ver well. :4pacman:

Honestly, I feel like I'm being too generous. :////

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. People pulling off tricks I'm not familiar with because of customs... Guess I'll learn at the social tournament then if I play. thing is, I most likely won't use customs because I have no idea how to use them, but I do have slight experience with palutenas, which I guess would be the most important lol

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. People pulling off tricks I'm not familiar with because of customs... Guess I'll learn at the social tournament then if I play. thing is, I most likely won't use customs because I have no idea how to use them, but I do have slight experience with palutenas, which I guess would be the most important lol
Oh don't worry I was joking. People who ledge camp with Timber Counter and Exploding Ballons are lame nerds with no soul. Plus, I don't think I'll even enter the tournament, ahaha.

But yeah, I totally get you, I also know jack about customs.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
BANNED

Also, this is my personal MU chart for Zelda, with customs on. Some characters were randomly slapped on there because I don't know the MU ver well. :4pacman:

How did you make this? You are brawl gorl. She beats 1/3 of these MUs

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Oh don't worry I was joking. People who ledge camp with Timber Counter and Exploding Ballons are lame nerds with no soul. Plus, I don't think I'll even enter the tournament, ahaha.

But yeah, I totally get you, I also know jack about customs.
No I know you were joking, but it was a pretty good example of my point. but I guess we'll just see how it goes, I guess I'm gonna practice with palutenas customs so I don't sd with super speed lol

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
BANNED

Ness isn't aaas difficult for Zelda with customs because she gets a ridiculous windbox to gimp him. I mean, it's still not super stellar for her, but it's not actually as bad as one would think.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Wasn't it theorized that Din's Fire of all moves would be able to beat this? :secretkpop:
I guess I don't have to play Xenoblade now.
Nooo it's such an amazing game, you'd be missing out on an amazing experience if you don't play it. If you're not familiar with the characters or game then you'll probably soon forget the spoilers anyway

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ness isn't aaas difficult for Zelda with customs because she gets a ridiculous windbox to gimp him. I mean, it's still not super stellar for her, but it's not actually as bad as one would think.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I wonder how much of a stage you could lock down with timber counter and din's blaze... someone find me a villager fast! :awesome:

Top Bottom