• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I already posted my list here: http://smashboards.com/threads/character-competitive-impressions.367669/page-555#post-18912170

To the Zeldas: General perception is Zelda is at the bottom, so that's where she is. Taking into account of lack of representation and lack of familiarity, I feel having her at the bottom with Lucina and G&W feels safe (but she doesn't deserve her own tier because that's frankly stupid). Until I see more high level play that's where I'll keep her.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Jumping on the bandwagon because why not?

Customs Off:

S: :4diddy:
S-::4sheik:
A+::4pikachu::4fox::4sonic::4zss::rosalina::4ness:
A::4luigi::4megaman::4metaknight::4mario::4falcon:
B+: :4yoshi::4peach::4greninja::4shulk::4pit::4darkpit::4olimar::4wario:
B: :4pacman::4rob::4duckhunt: :4lucario::4myfriends::4robinm::4bowserjr:
C+::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4charizard::4bowser::4marth::4dk::4ganondorf::4drmario::4falco:
C: :4palutena::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4zelda::4littlemac::4samus::4dedede::4wiifit::4lucina:

I want to believe: Lucas
I don't care: Mewtwo

There was some attempt to order this for the most part
I can't find my (Second to Rosalina) baby Villager in this tier list. Where is he?:happysheep:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
just for the record villager ledge camping is like Melee ledge camping: do it only as long as you need to get offensive momentum back

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The way you felt about Jiggs is also how I felt about Dedede in this game. Used to think he was good, but time passed and now I seriously think Deeds is one of the worst characters in the game. He has no approach whatsoever with his aerials being laggy except for nair and that doesn't have much external reach. Gordos are painfully unsafe to chuck out in neutral especially since almost anything sends them flying back at D3. As long as the other person plays it safe, Dedede can't do a thing to them and he just gets juggled if he tries to do anything in an attempt to get things moving. He has so many bad MUs due to his flaws with his worst (and most painful) one being Mega Man imo. There's other stuff I didn't mention, but at this point, I'd be drilling the point in. I still like playing him for funsies though.
I was the same with Dedede too, actually lol. He's still my most-played character on my fighter records...though Rosalina's rapidly catching up. Looking back at my October 13 list I had him at #16 back then lmao

Like I said, nerfed by system mechanics; did you know Mega Man and Meta Knight used to be able to kill at 0% with their ff bairs? Now it doesn't do enough downwards knockback to even be considered for gimping. I don't know why Fox's fair is still amazing for gimping (his fastfall speed I guess?) but it's basically the one autolink spike that can still successfully gimp/kill.

Also, the landing hitbox for fair was moved forward on top of the damage buff.

Early prediction: Mewtwo will be either Mid B at worst and Low A at best.
I want to believe, I really do.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I can't find my (Second to Rosalina) baby Villager in this tier list. Where is he?:happysheep:
Oh derp. I had included him but then took him off because I was unsure, fixed it, put him between Pac-Man and Ike, then I placed Duck Hunt on the bottom of B tier because then I remember dat kill struggle.

I also just noticed that even in my own list I place Greninja just out of top 15.

I don't even.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
And as I discussed with @ HeroMystic HeroMystic yesterday, I believe Zelda has a strong match-up against and is above Lucina in terms of tier status. I have yet to be convinced otherwise.

:227:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You are a disgrace to evolution.
Wow, I'm replacing you with @ Berserker. Berserker. in my story.

Although, I only do loldumb stuff against @Spirst (who refuses to play against it or joins in with some equipment character), @Locke 06 (who leaves the lobby and goes to play For Glory), @Parcheesy (who leaves the lobby then sits in his own, alone), @King_Peachee (who probably hates me because of how hard he's gotten loldumb'd), and @Fenrir VII (who ends up leaving and turning the game off).

I AIN'T THAT BAD.

But if I ever play you, I'm ledge camping you now.

:4kirby:

Oh derp. I had included him but then took him off because I was unsure, fixed it, put him between Pac-Man and Ike, then I placed Duck Hunt on the bottom of B tier because then I remember dat kill struggle.

I also just noticed that even in my own list I place Greninja just out of top 15.

I don't even.
Too much characters were proven to be good at this point

Most of the characters at my B tier are:
a) Good characters with little to no representation (ex: Shulk, Greninja, Villager)
b) No-so-good characters with active representation (ex: Kirby)

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
And as I discussed with @ HeroMystic HeroMystic yesterday, I believe Zelda has a strong match-up against and is above Lucina in terms of tier status. I have yet to be convinced otherwise.

I would use the fact that Lucina is the inferior waifu so hence why she's lower in the tiers.

But sis, although I believe you have the inferior Smash waifu, in terms of actual tier placement, I have more faith in your waifu to be higher than my waifu.

We could just be bottom tier waifufegs for life though. :^(

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Tfw Macchiato places my character higher than I did.

Too much characters were proven to be good at this point

Most of the characters at my B tier are:
a) Good characters with little to no representation (ex: Shulk, Greninja)
b) No-so-good characters with active representation (ex: Villager, Kirby)
I can only see Shulk and Greninja going up as time passes honestly. Both are very technical characters and so their meta is going to develop more slowly, Greninja's kit just flows really well and he can pull of some absurd things with his moves; Shulk's gimmick is a naturally difficult one to master but I'm pretty sure he can only get better.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but hey some optimism is healthy.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Keep in mind Diddy has the easiest time killing Sheik with U-throw > U-air at roughly 70% on FD and even lower on Halberd and other stages.

Lavani's has been the best list I've seen on here thus far.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
@Soul. Sorry for the dc, I think my internet crashed. We can still play if you want to, unless you're done. Ggs by the way, that charizard and pikachu match lol

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I was the same with Dedede too, actually lol. He's still my most-played character on my fighter records...though Rosalina's rapidly catching up. Looking back at my October 13 list I had him at #16 back then lmao
Dedede is actually my 4th most played charcater behind Ganon, Falcon, and G&W (I played Falcon and G&W a ton before reserving them for funsies). I was seeing far more progress with my Ganon and ROB than I was with my Dedede. Pikachu, a character I only recently picked up, is improving at a faster rate and Kirby, a secondary at best, is showing more potential than my D3 will possibly ever have. He really got the short end of the stick in this game lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh hey tier lists ok
Miis aren't on here bc I don't know a lot about them
S: :4diddy::4sheik::4sonic:
A+: :4zss::rosalina::4luigi::4fox::4pikachu::4peach::4megaman:
A: :4falcon::4mario::4yoshi::4ness::4rob::4pacman::4greninja::4shulk:
B+: :4pit::4olimar::4metaknight::4robinf::4duckhunt::4darkpit::4link::4villagerf::4lucario:
B: :4bowser::4marth::4wario::4bowserjr::4myfriends::4wiifit::4tlink:
C+: :4ganondorf::4drmario::4falco::4dk::4zelda:
C: :4gaw::4palutena::4samus::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucina::4dedede:
I'm interested in your thoughts on Link and Robin being as high as they are.

Also Bowser and Ganondorf being above DK.

Lol, my tier list would be hilarious.

It can't be the worst one here :smirk: You should post it!

It's actually pretty amusing to see all these lists lolwhat have I done

Can we at least get some explanations for these incredibly radical lists?
:201l::201o::201l:

Lavani's has been the best list I've seen on here thus far.
I'm not sure if these are words of praise or a veiled jab at how terrible these lists are lol :186:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Can we at least get some explanations for these incredibly radical lists?
I could write a huge essay on why personally I find Zelda to be the worst character in the game, but eh, might be too much. And I'll be rejected by Macchiato and venn anyway.

The essay would include at least one thing that one character has that they can do better than Zelda as well though. :^)

Top Bottom