• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Latte

Smash Ace
Latte, Wolfie and I are making a Zelda Social Tournament and you have to come. Every Gorl is coming.
Omg no, not a tournament. Especially not now, as I've been really off my game lately

Is anyone going to record the matches? I'd love to watch them

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
In 2 weeks sis. Yew got this. There being recorded and streamed
GGs, I have finals exactly at that time, so it will be a pass for me. :^(

Ah well, hope all the gorls have fun in that. c:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
CAN'T. UNSEE.

This is canon, gorls.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Almost 3/4 pages late, but just wanted to say we all tried our best with seeding. The entire side of Loser's was houston killing each other off and SA on the other side. If you wanna know the nitty gritty behind the seeding process, ask Nike. I just remember there being 17 people seeded and in SA terms the last seeded person was Jopan I think, which means from SA rankings, up to 7th was seeded.

It also didn't help two upsets that made the bracket even more SA vs SA and Houston vs Houston happened. Jbandrew losing to whispy and Espy forfeiting against Avoid.
Either way it was an incredibly stacked tournament and pretty much everyone was good enough to be either top 16 or even knocked out 0-2 almost (FCF going 1-2)

SA has so many good people along with Houston always having their ever growing Fire Nation it's ridiculous at this point.
Megafox establishing himself once again he's our new Gnes of TX, Espy finally beating his rival Trela after like 6 years of being 0-20+ Prime still being solid and slowly getting better at the Diddy MU (though might not matter in 10 days, wooooo)
It's amazing how strong we are compared to old SA back in brawl days and I definitely enjoy it while also fearing of losing out on top 10 myself compared to brawl days where I had nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, Dallas only has like 2-4 players that're worth noting.
These things happen. I'm not directly upset with anyone, nor would I say this tournament is trash because of it. I suppose the thing with Sylveon still gets to me since I had to be the one to knock him out and crush his expectations. I just see each other as a team when it comes to monthlies so I always want to support our players. This tournament was pretty stacked and the majority of players were either big names or sleepers, so overall it was a nice experience and I just have to hope seeding works the way we want it to next time.

From what I understand, SA was pretty strong during Brawl but we didn't make any waves compared to the rest of TX. With Smash 4 we were pretty strong right off the bat, either because our favorite characters are more viable or we put in a lot of time and effort to learn the new mechanics and exploit them. Now we have one of the best players in TX (if not in the region), and we're growing a rapid rate and starting to become a really stacked group. It makes me wonder where we'll be once a year passes.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
From what I understand, SA was pretty strong during Brawl but we didn't make any waves compared to the rest of TX.
Then we weren't strong. We were just kinda there then. Top 2 were pretty much the two Regional threats while back then it was Snack Antonio but none of the snakes were really an issue once it was out of city tournaments and of course we became an issue kinda once the 12 year old prodigy was bestowed upon us.

With Smash 4 we were pretty strong right off the bat, either because our favorite characters are more viable or we put in a lot of time and effort to learn the new mechanics and exploit them.
It's both to be honest. Not counting the ones that run to Diddy, if we exclude that our top 5 is basically still this old list but excluding Nike and adding paw (since him and I went back and forth in brawl and still carrying over in Smash 4).

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
LMAO the commentator's on Philoz's matches
"This Zelda guys not bad...but yeah he's playing Zelda."
Well, he's a Zero Suit Samus main. That says a lot. :^)

Later in the commentary, he did say I was a good Zelda player, so I was flattered. c:

Also, the tourney surprisingly had a LOT of character reps. We had mains for :4metaknight::4drmario::4wario::4duckhunt::4megaman::4littlemac::4pacman:. And a :4lemmy:got 5th in the tourney.

My region has a lot of :4yoshi::4falcon::4sheik: and :4shulk:. There was only one true :4diddy:main, and I beat him in pools. :^)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Oh hey @Swampasaur nice to see you around here! Welcome to the Zelda social; the 1 and only bathroom of the house of socials! :secretkpop:

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur show him what this "bathroom" looks like. If you can still locate the image!

As you wish, ma'am.

@Swampasaur This way, sir.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Well, I guess it wasn't hugely unique outside of djinn and the amazing graphics considering the console (and great music imo), but The Lost Age was likely one of my favorite GBA games period.
I never played The Lost Age. And don't get me wrong! I liked Golden Sun, it was just underwhelming in general. The system mechanics were pretty cool, and I liked the character design and graphics a lot too, but apart from that it was basically just another RPG.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's both to be honest. Not counting the ones that run to Diddy, if we exclude that our top 5 is basically still this old list but excluding Nike and adding paw (since him and I went back and forth in brawl and still carrying over in Smash 4).
Nike portrayed as a ****** makes me really hope we're called WINGS from now on.

Speaking of Diddy, when I was describing Jband's playstyle with Diddy I said "He's really good at throwing out hitboxes and forcing me to respect them." Then I realized how stupid that sounded...

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
My sister has been tinkering around with Kirby. She asked me, "Why is Kirby low tier now?"

She proceeds to go try Rosalina. Likes her for 2 weeks then finds her "too slow" for her liking. Switches back to Kirby realizing that once a Kirby main, always a Kirby main. Sort of.

Gonna watch Fast and Furious 7 maybe tomorrow.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
a) When you try to fast fall an aerial, but actually do a d-air then get punished for it
b) When you want to do the aMSa thing where you d-air from high up onstage and then immediately Hydro Pump to sweetspot the ledge, but you're not as good as aMSa so you SD
c) When you want to do flashy ninja stuffs like in the video :4greninja:

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Speaking of Diddy, when I was describing Jband's playstyle with Diddy I said "He's really good at throwing out hitboxes and forcing me to respect them." Then I realized how stupid that sounded...
I didn't wanna say anything when you said that cause >diddy lol
I hate the whole "respect" thing. It's like how people "respect" yoshi's SH ET too much.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
As zelda you spam the b button. It actually works.
The Olimar: guys, this Zelda keeps spamming nayrus love. wat do?

Olimar is really annoying though... Hooray for meta knights, kirbys, and charizards up throw

Speaking of charizard, I wanted his amiibo. ;_;

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Gurl, do I look like I play Zelda seriously?

Every uses Zelda. They just don't know it yet
no you pray until you switch characters lol
Ive been playing with an olimar lately and it's not nearly as bad as brawl I think it's 55-45 at worst

@Ffamran remember when you showed us Gluten the top peach? She's in my smash crew now yay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@XDanDan612 GGs sorry about those laggy moments. That SD on castle seige was so funny lol
Good games amigo! All of your characters were so good! And the lag wasn't bad :p We totes need to play again soon cx.
Edit: OH AND LMAO @ THE CASTLE SIEGE SD. I got my last slap in then i forgot to jump off the platform...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Guys how do I fight Olimar? Seriously that character just overwhelms me.
I've always had trouble with him as well :/, and since I don't know anyone who plays him in order to practice consistently, I'm always at a loss. I know I can't go Villager against Olimar because trying to get in with Villager against really defensive characters and/or players is a pain.

I don't know how Ness fares against him in this game. Maybe Brawler can do some good things...

Top Bottom