• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Nothing is worse than Brawl Ganon. Proof ?

He's my main in Brawl.
I've heard some arguments that Jigglypuff and Bowser might be worse. Not really sure at this point.

Talking about amiibo, I'k still waiting for my :4gaw: amiibo and wonder how they'll make it work (probably by encasing it in clear plastic). But in general it feels like too big of a hassle.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Zelda has the advantage on Olimar since she can reflect all his smashers, Olimar is advantage. Imo against Yoshi it's very even or even advantageous since their egg and their jump leave them open for kicks and up b's. Little mac is about even. Just don't be impatient and read like hell. Greninja is imo a super easy match up. Nairs work very well against this mu and all down grab to anything works.

My list:

Match-Ups Zelda loses: :4zss::4diddy:

Even: :4falcon::4fox::4metaknight::4sheik::4sonic::4yoshi::4luigi::4miibrawl::4peach::4pacman::4shulk::rosalina::4robinf::4wiifit::4mario::4drmario::4tlink::4palutena::4marth::4lucina::4littlemac:
Advantage: :4darkpit::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4kirby::rosalina::4robinf::4megaman::4link::4pit::4olimar::4dk::4falco::4villager::4wario2::4pikachu::4duckhunt::4gaw:

Some of the even do take some patience and skill to beat but I still think it's even :| This is just my list of course so if you have questions I can answer ; o;
With a MU spread like that I find it very difficult to see her as bottom tier. Something isn't adding up.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
^^ She loses to Shulk, Robin isn't that bad. Maybe 40:60 Zelda:Shulk and 50:50 Zelda:Robin, possibly a very slight advantage in Robin's favor
I can't see it in robins favor. I see it clearly as 60-40 in Zeldas. It's the easiest MU.
Zelda has the advantage on Olimar since she can reflect all his smashers, Olimar is advantage. Imo against Yoshi it's very even or even advantageous since their egg and their jump leave them open for kicks and up b's. Little mac is about even. Just don't be impatient and read like hell. Greninja is imo a super easy match up. Nairs work very well against this mu and all down grab to anything works.

My list:

Match-Ups Zelda loses: :4zss::4diddy:

Even: :4falcon::4fox::4metaknight::4sheik::4sonic::4yoshi::4luigi::4miibrawl::4peach::4pacman::4shulk::rosalina::4robinf::4wiifit::4mario::4drmario::4tlink::4palutena::4marth::4lucina::4littlemac:
Advantage: :4darkpit::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4kirby::rosalina::4robinf::4megaman::4link::4pit::4olimar::4dk::4falco::4villager::4wario2::4pikachu::4duckhunt::4gaw:

Some of the even do take some patience and skill to beat but I still think it's even :| This is just my list of course so if you have questions I can answer ; o;
This is litarally my list

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
It feels kinda weird not being a part of the whole "trying to snag amiibo ASAP before they're gone". I never really thought about getting one. Jigglypuff is probably the only one I would get, but she seems to have sold out fast af.
Same here xD
But, I do want the Olimar one when it's released in Wave 6, the new Olimar racing suit for MK8 is sooo cute omg there's a red pikmin hanging on to the back of your helmet for dear life while you race xD
emphasis on "hanging on for dear life" since I already KNOW 200cc is going to be infernal.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
With a MU spread like that I find it very difficult to see her as bottom tier. Something isn't adding up.
Imo, she really doesn't have that many bad mu's. It really depends on how you play and adapt. The only reason those two are there is because they are much faster then us with our landing lag and cover all our options.

Rizen

Smash Legend
More optimism for Zelda in that MU list than I have.
I've heard some arguments that Jigglypuff and Bowser might be worse. Not really sure at this point.

Talking about amiibo, I'k still waiting for my :4gaw: amiibo and wonder how they'll make it work (probably by encasing it in clear plastic). But in general it feels like too big of a hassle.
IMO Jigglypuff might have been worse if not for time-outs. Brawl Bowser is better than Ganon; I 2nded them both. Bowser had a good Klaw in Brawl, fortress OoS, grab releases and much better mobility than Ganon. Bowser was better than the 'Hyrule tier' but not much.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
How should I be trying to challenge/punish spin(dash/charge) as Zelda?
Fsmash beats it
Imo, she really doesn't have that many bad mu's. It really depends on how you play and adapt. The only reason those two are there is because they are much faster then us with our landing lag and cover all our options.
You should help out our MU thread, we're discussing sheik

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Warning Received
For sonic? I usually charge fsmash or time it right. Or just bait with fsmash then dtilt really quick. Jab works too.

Fsmash beats it

You should help out our MU thread, we're discussing sheik
I would! I feel like the things I find easy in the MU would be proven wrong somehow. Even in brawl I was always optimistic about fighting high tiers since I said it was so easy to beat snake LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I can't see it in robins favor. I see it clearly as 60-40 in Zeldas. It's the easiest MU.
This is litarally my list
Idk, Robin does slightly better in the neutral with her long reaching disjointed aerials that all autocancel from a shorthop except for dair. It's easy to get in on Robin so I guess it could be in Zelda's favor, but I think it's even.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Idk, Robin does slightly better in the neutral with her long reaching disjointed aerials that all autocancel from a shorthop except for dair. It's easy to get in on Robin so I guess it could be in Zelda's favor, but I think it's even.
Actually Robin can't force an approach on Zelda, were also floaty enough to pop out of arcfire. She's also yall and floaty leaving her easily kicked and comboed. We can reflect everything. She's easy to gimp and getting near Her closes down many option. She's also light and her moves are laggy enough for us to punish. I think this is Zeldas absolute best MU
I would! I feel like the things I find easy in the MU would be proven wrong somehow. Even in brawl I was always optimistic about fighting high tiers since I said it was so easy to beat snake LOL.
Help us, you have more experience than most of us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same here xD
But, I do want the Olimar one when it's released in Wave 6, the new Olimar racing suit for MK8 is sooo cute omg there's a red pikmin hanging on to the back of your helmet for dear life while you race xD
emphasis on "hanging on for dear life" since I already KNOW 200cc is going to be infernal.
OMF that new 200cc thing looks really fun cx. In the words of Cancer: "Gotta go fast"

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Optimism is great in small doses, but when a character such as Zelda has only two disadvantageous match ups, you've gone too far.

I, for one, cannot see how match ups such as Sheik and Little Mac could ever not be disadvantageous.

I respect you immensely for repping Zelda and making gains with our character, but I cannot agree with your MU chart, @ |ven| |ven| . Btw, you have Rosalina both even and advantageous.

Can't see Zelda winning against Greninja going from my experience against players from this very social honestly.
I guess you didn't see my reply, but can you link the Amiibo site you mentioned? tysm :)

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Optimism is great in small doses, but when a character such as Zelda has only two disadvantageous match ups, you've gone too far.

I, for one, cannot see how match ups such as Sheik and Little Mac could ever not be disadvantageous.

I respect you immensely for repping Zelda and making gains with our character, but I cannot agree with your MU chart, @ |ven| |ven| . Btw, you have Rosalina both even and advantageous.

I guess you didn't see my reply, but can you link the Amiibo site you mentioned? tysm :)
Thank you but, I did say that some even matches require some skill to beat. I never ever said they were easy to begin with. Like I said, it has to do with patience and adaption. Imo, if you have the mindset that it's a bad mu you're not going to do anything to fix it and just give up. Not that I give up against DD's but I know I'm at a disadvantage. We all have different playingstyles so I guess I could say my list is based off of that.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Zelda has the advantage on Olimar since she can reflect all his smashers, Olimar is advantage.;
You're assuming Olimar is only going to be using Smashes all the time, and also assuming that Zelda's reflector is good, which it isn't. It's actually one of the worst reflectors, probly only second to Falco :'D. Olimar destroys Zelda in the air pretty bad, he's tiny, has pretty good air-speed, and he can just bait Nayru's and capitalize on its massive end-lag for a kill. Not to mention he has a very easy time grabbing Zelda because lawl Zelda, and he's got some pretty powerful kill throws. He doesn't need to rely on Smashes to win against her.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
You're assuming Olimar is only going to be using Smashes all the time, and also assuming that Zelda's reflector is good, which it isn't. It's actually one of the worst reflectors, probly only second to Falco :'D. Olimar destroys Zelda in the air pretty bad, he's tiny, has pretty good air-speed, and he can just bait Nayru's and capitalize on its massive end-lag for a kill. Not to mention he has a very easy time grabbing Zelda because lawl Zelda, and he's got some pretty powerful kill throws. He doesn't need to rely on Smashes to win against her.
I'm not assuming that at all but most combos he has do lead to some kind of smash attempt. Most people at this stage of the game don't really know how long nyarus love lasts so I think it's a great reflector for now. I always use it offensively to recover. With olimar, I always kind of bait them to use smashers by jumping in then using it or, If I'm off stage, I do the same thing. The fact that they are light also makes it super easy to kill them too. D grab to uair works like a charm and basically any dgrab combo works very well against them. It's very easy to not get grabbed by them since they all seem to roll away as you approach so it makes it easier to read them.

Soul.

I can't comment on MUs since I've only played wifi :/
And you need to be in a tourney in order to comment on MUs? ****. smh all these people living in a local-only world

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Down tilt will catch Spin Dash pretty easily. Jab can catch it also but it takes longer to start up, thus a little harder to time. Nayru's Love can catch and punish Spin Dash once Sonic commits to dashing at you with it. Play patient and let Sonic come to you. He honestly has just as much of an issue as we do at approaching.

Edit: Phantom Slash will also punish Spin Dash if you can time the spacing for it. It also blocks homing attacks from Sonic. I personally find Nayru's Love the easiest option to punish Spin Dashes with.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
And you need to be in a tourney in order to comment on MUs? ****. smh all these people living in a local-only world
Wifi MUs can be very different than offline MUs though. Wifi can be good for getting new ideas on how characters play and adapting to play styles but offline and wifi are apples and oranges.

Soul.

Wifi MUs can be very different than offline MUs though. Wifi can be good for getting new ideas on how characters play and adapting to play styles but offline and wifi are apples and oranges.
yes, i get that. but saying MUs are tourney-only is ridiculous.
you should all be glad wifi exists. otherwise we would all be cavemen asking for local stupidity
#bias

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Olimar's throws are actually bad at killing, his only kill throw is Blue Pikmin U-throw, which still doesn't even kill as early as R.O.B.'s.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
@ Lorde Lorde Here it is

I thought this was just a Brazilian site but I saw some English reviews in the site so I guess it really is worldwide. The prices are a bit higher though, but Greninja and Jiggs are still at the lowest price.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
yes, i get that. but saying MUs are tourney-only is ridiculous.
you should all be glad wifi exists. otherwise we would all be cavemen asking for local stupidity
#bias
I'm not saying wifi is bad; it can't be used to judge offline MUs is all.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm not assuming that at all but most combos he has do lead to some kind of smash attempt. Most people at this stage of the game don't really know how long nyarus love lasts so I think it's a great reflector for now. I always use it offensively to recover. With olimar, I always kind of bait them to use smashers by jumping in then using it or, If I'm off stage, I do the same thing. The fact that they are light also makes it super easy to kill them too. D grab to uair works like a charm and basically any dgrab combo works very well against them. It's very easy to not get grabbed by them since they all seem to roll away as you approach so it makes it easier to read them.
Making MU opinions based purely on general bad habits of players that use a certain character isn't how you make actual MU scores, though :'D.

But you know, I digress. I'll let you keep those thoughts~

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Olimar's throws are actually bad at killing, his only kill throw is Blue Pikmin U-throw, which still doesn't even kill as early as R.O.B.'s.
w-wha really? Thank you so much for mentioning this, bc whenever I'm at kill percents and Olimar has a Blue Pikmin it's like Brawl Ice Climbers all over again. Grabs are scary af

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Making MU opinions based purely on general bad habits of players that use a certain character isn't how you make actual MU scores, though :'D.

But you know, I digress. I'll let you keep those thoughts~
Not to sound rude at all but having those thoughts helps with mu's and is how you beat bad mu's. You're so stuck on it being a bad mu that you don't find a way to solve it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Not to sound rude at all but having those thoughts helps with mu's and is how you beat bad mu's. You're so stuck on it being a bad mu that you don't find a way to solve it.
For me it's actually entirely the other way around. Knowing when a MU is bad for your character is how you play accordingly, knowing your characters disadvantages and what you have to be aware of from the other character.

Don't think the same psychology works for everyone else, please. Optimism can only go so long.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You're assuming Olimar is only going to be using Smashes all the time, and also assuming that Zelda's reflector is good, which it isn't. It's actually one of the worst reflectors, probly only second to Falco :'D.
and also assuming that Zelda's reflector is good, which it isn't. It's actually one of the worst reflectors, probly only second to Falco :'D.
one of the worst reflectors, probly only second to Falco :'D.
Hey. Hey. I resent that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom