• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This is depressing. I made an online tourney with my friends, and my friend (who's actually pretty decent) got 3-stocked by my Zelda. He was using Shulk, SD'd the first stock and died during Smash mode to the elevator at 35%.

I told him to take the day off because he seemed a bit emotional and stressed by real life events, but he insisted to play. He ended up getting knocked out by me, and now he has forfeited the tourney and is pretty damned depressed.

Urgh....

This is depressing. I made an online tourney with my friends, and my friend (who's actually pretty decent) got 3-stocked by my Zelda. He was using Shulk, SD'd the first stock and died during Smash mode to the elevator at 35%.

I told him to take the day off because he seemed a bit emotional and stressed by real life events, but he insisted to play. He ended up getting knocked out by me, and now he has forfeited the tourney and is pretty damned depressed.

Urgh....
Well I do feel bad for him, and that must really suck. I do think he should try to prioritize on his IRL problems because if he lets that hound him, it's gonna affect him on whatever he does. Even if he's just playing a video game.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I feel a bit helpless just because we are not the most tightest of friends, so it's kinda hard for me to approach him and try and help him out. It's not exactly something you'd really do with a not-so-close friend. He's usually a pretty goofy and fun kinda guy, but sometimes this happens to him. I hope he'll recover soon.

I feel awful for not stepping in, but at the same time, I guess this is really the best thing I can do. :///

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
but I'm pretty much harmless.
Pretty much why I disagree with the ban completely.

You spammed a bit, you posted reaction gifs when people would say clearly incorrect things (Zelda is top tier etc). I don't know why RefluxW***er hated you so much though.

Funny thing is he hardly uses the site anymore.

Urgh....
That's hardly your fault imo.

Latte

Smash Ace
The important thing as a character thread, when someone
says they want to main X character, you help that person
succeed with X character. You can be forthcoming with the character's
weaknesses, but do not respond by saying they are wasting their
time or with jokes at that character's expense.

This hasn't happened yet, but I just hope that when, and if,
a new prospective main for Zelda shows, we'll be able to
cut the Zeldawful ***p, at least for a little while.
The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. We can openly admit she sucks because we have hope Zeldawful will someday become Zeldaverage.

#believe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. We can openly admit she sucks because we have hope Zeldawful will someday become Zeldaverage.

#believe
You have the best sig.

I like how we're resigned to Zeldaverage at best.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My Smash region is so bad lol. Most are Meleefegs and all they do is talk crap about each other, and insensitive people start whining, and then everyone gets extremely emotional and starting getting into heated arguments and more than we post here. And the people are so damn shady with their pot. And when I mean pot, I mean the $green$ stuff and that other green stuff. So much for "community", haha.

Someone abduct me to somewhere eeeeelse~ *w*

Alphatron

Smash Champion
My Smash region is so bad lol. Most are Meleefegs and all they do is talk crap about each other, and insensitive people start whining, and then everyone gets extremely emotional and starting getting into heated arguments and more than we post here. And the people are so damn shady with their pot. And when I mean pot, I mean the $green$ stuff and that other green stuff. So much for "community", haha.

Come to New York! We have everything!

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Wow. I think we live close to each other.

Meleefags are the absolute worst. You know, the types that pick ****ty characters to intent of proving "just how bad this game is and why Melee is the best."

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
ngl, I like Melee the best. SD remix is my favorite mod ever and it's a shame more don't play it.

I've been almost exclusively playing Smash 4 since release.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got mixed messages from Flux. With a few exceptions, I think most mods are pretty decent. I wonder what Ish is doing since Wolf didn't appear in SSB4.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think the mods here are firm, but fair. Better than GameFAQs lol. That place is a mess. Although I did get an infraction for spoiler tag spam once because some jerk reported my friend and I because they didn't like us. I didn't like it since 1. No one goes to the Brawl Online social thread anyways and 2. We ALWAYS spammed spoiler tags to troll each other, lol.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Don't come here then, we call it misery for a reason

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Come to New York! We have everything!
>New York
>Lives in Western Canada

=cccc

And I don't really know most of the mods here because I really only hang out here, haha.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I main bowser pls be nice

Also don't do that, yew have to stay here where yew will be protected
Fuujin is like a Lemming. We have to build barriers all around the Zelda boards in order for him not to wander around and die by his own cause.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It's funny because I would say that Farore's; being a frame 35+ move (for the 2nd hit), is her most unreliable.
It's frame seven on the first hit though. Now if only hitconfirming it was easier... ;_;

oop I stopped reading after she said something along the lines of zelda not being low tier.

What did she say?
He called you Lil Fujiwuji or something like that.

I would bite him in the ass if I were you.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's frame seven on the first hit though. Now if only hitconfirming it was easier... ;_;

He called you Lil Fujiwuji or something like that.

I would bite him in the *** if I were you.
It can also be DI'd, it's hard enough hitconfirming as it is let alone reading DI.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Hah, maybe "reliable" isn't the best adjective then. Perhaps "less unreliable than everything else."

I just know FW is my goddess and savior with Zelda.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The main thing I mean is you can't use it as a standard punish, if someone whiffs a f-smash, you can't just teleport into them and kill them. Doesn't work.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ok so I'm pretty sure this pre-release screenshot is Zelda using her ftilt
but......it's clearly missing because of the dead zone.

SO....is this confirmation that the dead zone is 100% INTENDED?

:cry:
What did we do to deserve this

Last edited:
I don't think any dead zone was ever intended regardless of who character we're talking about

That Samus jab tip though is pretty dumb

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well I mean they have a screenshot of it happening. It was either intentional or they were too lazy to fix it.

And yeah, no idea why they would do that with her jab. Does her Jab1 have any good setups or anything? I don't think her Jab2 is anything special, so why make it not link?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
After I saw the dreaded Samus tip I resigned myself that there is a very real possibility that Ftilt, Fsmash, and Usmash were intentional design choices.

saddening.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's not so bad. Aside from the occasional stereotypical jokes, that is.
Famiry

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey if you guys are in a mood for storytime, I'll share some stuff that happened today.

I wish I could flee to Australia safe from what's left of my family (mom, dad abandoned us).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Pretty much my mom thinks everything I do is video games and hates them with a passion. She doesn't know I've been playing competitively for years now but things have taken a really bad turn. Whenever I'm at the computer, she's like "eugh you're playing games again?" when I don't play PC games. She'll be in another room and she'll scream at me for playing games when I'm on Skype or something. She didn't know I connected the Wii U to an hdtv and she screamed at the top of her lungs that I"m breaking her TV when it hasn't been used for a year until when SBphiloz4 came over. I asked her what the problem was and she just said "shut up," having no response to my question.

Then, I visit this thread like I always do and now my mom is secretly watching me from behind and some guy has an anime sig here and my mom's like "wow you're 2X years old and you still watch these stupid cartoons?." For the record, I don't watch anime and my mom is anti-Japan for what they did to her relatives in WWII.

I go to work from 3-11pm, and get home at around 11:45. I catch up on stuff I missed and talk to somebody on Skype asking about getting a freaking privacy screen for my monitor when I'm accused of playing games yet again. I seriously can not stand living with this woman and the only reason why I'm here is because after paying for my final semester of school next week, I'll be next to broke. She doesn't trust anything I say about school. When I say the class median is 52% on a test, and I'm really proud of my 75%... my mom tells my sister behind my back she doesn't believe a thing I say and I just want to make my failures look better. I tell my mom child support isn't taxable income (I work in tax), she doesn't believe me. I'm the accounting major and tax worker... you aren't. I print out something proving I'm right and still she says she has never got in trouble for it yet.

My mom whines about me not cooking. Well sorry I don't know what a lot of the stuff in my fridge is. I love cooking but you get mad that I use up your fridge space with my ingredients so I don't buy groceries anymore. I'm sorry me buying a $2 spatula is blasphemy and using up drawer space.

Can't stand conservative Asians at all. Save me.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Aww Aleate, I wish I could do or say something that wasn't useless.
I hope things get better for you sooner rather than later.

I can't stand conservatives much but that's just me.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sounds like a more extreme version of my family.

I could honestly not play video games for a month, and the moment I sit down they'd be like "YOU DO NOTHING BUT PLAY VIDEO GAMES"

And it's like... killlllllll yourselvesssssssss

micstar615

Smash Ace
Awww that sounds rough @ Alacion Alacion , my parents are Indian (my mom and I don't look Indian at all though which is really funny) and they put a lot of pressure on me as well, but my situation is quite different. My mom and I are close but my dad is very ignorant and closed minded unfortunately. There's a lot of pressure for me to do well in school but I have no idea as to what i want to do since I've been sheltered for so long (there was lot of domestic abuse in my home since I was a kid so I never did too well at school) and in Indian culture there's a lot of pressure to get married and have kids which sucks because I'm not exactly heterosexual lol. It's rough but you got to just stay true to yourself and do the best you can.

Top Bottom