• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
girls jab>Diddy no need to fear lol.
I don't want to discuss the Rosalina match up in any boards. I don't even look forward to it despite it being my favorite match up. My reason will become clear. You just need to know who I'm referring to and @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer probably knows who I'm talking about. Just don't mention his name
oh my lol.everyone have your popcorn ready for when we get around to it

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I honestly like the rage mechanic for being an anti comeback technique and benefitting heavyweights to some degree.

If there's anything I kind of dislike, it's the buffed rolls. As Zelda, I can't really do much to catch characters like Lucario, Duck Hunt Dog, or Mac if they roll away from me. And I really hate how if you're spacing your attacks well, your opponent can usually just roll and it will put you within their grab range while keeping them out tilt / jab range. Admittedly, I probably just need to dsmash / turn around jab more. Or just FW when that happens because that's our answer to everything.

And nothing is worse than running into someone who rolls a lot on For Glory when input lag kicks in at full force.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Sis I'm p sure he's rocking ZSS now.
You don't go from winning tournies with MK to using a garbage character like Zelda.
It's cute that you thought he'd continue repping her against anyone who wasn't bad though.

Once a tier *****, always a tier *****.

Ya'll really should start listening to me when I do the CLOCKINGS and predictions of the future.

Omg viola I love soul calibur V. I use hilde tho. Hilde for smash 5.

Omg yes @Nairo yes. Stay with Zelda. Ya know who you should main? Kirby. Kirbae

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
The thing is if I dont use her 100% of the stream matches people would assume so. But I never said she was bad so I dropped her like wtf lol (she isnt low tier IMO << so dont kill me for saying that since I know a lot of people think she is the worst character in here but thats their opinion so I respect it). People said that the same tourney I used her vs keitaro and someone else too just because I didnt use her vs nakat (which again if I know my other characters will do better then il use them > whoever). Also this region has a good amount of diddys that I play every week and I know that MU isnt pretty for zelda so why would I do that when my dpit can do better. (Also what I am trying to do at least is to not drop any of my best characters so I have multiple options to choose from vs some characters/players so who knows when zelda can the answer vs someone and not my dpit.)
OMG I TOLD YALL THAT HE WOULDNT DROP HER. DIDNT I TELL YALL.

And he doesn't think she's bottom or low too. Zelda for mid tier.

Yes @Nairo keep pushing zelda

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Oh well it's a mix of mid and low. Idk these depressed boards me a little. I love you guys but yall do depress me

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
If we didn't get our new FW, we would have somehow went down from being second worst in Brawl.

And that would have been a truly amazing feat that no other character can claim.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The important thing as a character thread, when someone
says they want to main X character, you help that person
succeed with X character. You can be forthcoming with the character's
weaknesses, but do not respond by saying they are wasting their
time or with jokes at that character's expense.

This hasn't happened yet, but I just hope that when, and if,
a new prospective main for Zelda shows, we'll be able to
cut the Zeldawful ***p, at least for a little while.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I am totally happy to help but we can't just lie to them. If they ask "what are my killing options" or "what are my approach options?" and someone says "you don't have any", then that isn't exactly incorrect.

Time to sleep. Good night sisters~

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda has killing options! The problem is that with the exception of FW, they're unreliable.

aaaand I guess Ftilt at higher percents

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If we start from the bottom, we can only go up from there!
HmmmmmT

BJN39 : I propose on the next tier list, we put Zelda three places lower than whatever she was gonna be. That way, she can possibly really go up on a tier list for once! :D

Aerodrome : *produces template of idea*

51: Ganon
52:
53:
54:
55: Zelda

Last edited:

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
So I'm not the only one that thinks that she's mid. I'M NOT CRAZY!
I think she is low mid. Really, skill is what determines her placement, Zelda is my favorite character because she can turn the entire match around in 2 hits, but unlike Ganondorf it is not as hard to move and hit lol.
also glad you are back
and a link to a video of Zelda winning a tourney h-t-t-p-s-:-/-/-w-w-w-.youtube.com/watch?v=EeFjgxTNBp4
Edit: Also can you see my sig picture in full? I'm only seeing half of it....
Oh and Event-hubs list Zelda as 8th worst! "Moving up in the world 1 step at a time" ~Zelda

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
DAMMIT GUYS WHY DOES ALL THE DRAMA HAPPEN WHEN I'M SLEEPING? ; w ;

It was getting hotter than Din's Fire at a point here. If I were to help recruit another sister here, it probably go like--

"Why you want to use Zelda?"
"Because she's so pretty and cool!"
"You know that's not enough to main her. Takes more dedication than th-"
"BECAUSE I LOVE HER SO MUCH."
"... Like, as a waifu?"
"... Yes."
"... Well then, your waifu is sh*t. In more ways than one."
Aaaand it would go all wrong.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>When the Eventhubs tier list places Zelda 8th from the bottom, higher than Bowser and Wario (lol)
>When the Eventhubs tier list places LINK 8th BEST character.... (more lol)

Also, Nairo's comment on Fuujin (again late on the party--).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
*Looks over eventhubs ssb4 Zelda thingys*

Eventhubs is terrible at deciding MUs. People throw around 8/2, 9/1, and even 10/0 like they're nothing. It's like people don't even understand the gravity of at least those numbers.

Like, on eventhubs, there's an obvious majority of votes on the little Mac vs Zelda MU saying 7/3 or 6/4 (Which sounds correct IMO) but the final tally is WAY off because some freaks of nature voted the MU as far as 6/4 ZELDA'S favor, or there's even a random 8/2 9/1 Zelda's favor. W. T. F. Have they even played the MU aside some one random whooping on roll glory?

Last edited:

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I was watching some of my old Brawl videos and was amazed at Zelda's relative mobility: "TWO lightning kicks before hitting the ground??" "I used to use D-Smash a lot more." "Aerials on a grounded opponent?" "Ah, I remember when U-Smash was a pretty good move." And spot dodging and air dodging actually helped. This has only reinforced just how much Farore's Wind is basically her whole moveset now, and it's so damn laggy. :(

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I was watching some of my old Brawl videos and was amazed at Zelda's relative mobility: "TWO lightning kicks before hitting the ground??" "I used to use D-Smash a lot more." "Aerials on a grounded opponent?" "Ah, I remember when U-Smash was a pretty good move." And spot dodging and air dodging actually helped. This has only reinforced just how much Farore's Wind is basically her whole moveset now, and it's so damn laggy. :(
Let's wait for the next mod: PROJECT B.

Everyone is the same except Zelda, because Brawl sucked.

Top Bottom