• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda has killing options! The problem is that with the exception of FW, they're unreliable.

aaaand I guess Ftilt at higher percents
It's funny because I would say that Farore's; being a frame 35+ move (for the 2nd hit), is her most unreliable.

Eulette

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-3444-8461
Zelda and Rosalina remenber me a lot of Kangaskhan and and Mega Mom. Zelda mega evolving into Irrelevina though
Like Kanghaskan/Zelda is quite strong in stats but has sucky typing/approach,then she mega evolvoves and destroys the OU/Non High tier because of lol parental bond/Luma and Sucker Nairs :V

Anyways, I just wanted to say that the Zelda/Rosalina matchup is just horrible, not because Rosalina hard counters her but because of the amount of turtling that plagues the matchup. Zelda can KO or send out stage Luma most of the time, but then you have 2 characters with no approach options, ugh.

What's worse is that most Rosalina players don't know how to protect their Luma, they also kind treat Solo Rosalina like an useless character and go run away mode everytime so yeeah, probably one of the most annoying matchups by far.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
idk, Rosie is pretty frustrating to get in on even with Luma out the way. I wish Zelda had rosie dashgrab range.

I advocate for Zelda at the bottom of the tier list because of her 9 place drop to bottom tier in brawl. I rather her start at the bottom and go up than start in the middle and fall down. I don't want to see that happen again.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I feel like we HAVE to hammer in "she's a bad character" to any new Zelda mains. The first step to maining her is knowing that she's bad, IMO. Heck, even a Zelda beginner guide for Brawl on YouTube states "She's a bad character. Every Zelda main knows this. " Video is by Ninbuzz.

It's also like a tradition at this point.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I agree with Rick. In order to actually know when to use whatever few tools you have at your disposal you have to know that they're unsafe and ineffectve so that you don't throw stuff out and play smarter.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If you never really cared about results in tournaments like me, Zelda is totally fine as a character main.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@Nairo is probably the only one who can attract new Zelda players at this point. Btw, is that Rydia? (The only relevant character in FFIV?)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Looks like Fuj got caught again...

Congrats on making it all the way to 100 posts before ban.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So there are still a few kinks with the sizing function that I'll fix later, but you can now enjoy complex data tables for ALL of Zelda's normals in the Fairy Fountain!

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
lol we're actually calling that move "finger bang" okay I can work with that.

At least Zelda's data thread is top tier!

Last edited:
I stand up to the oppression of the Red Tyrants and continue to fighT.

It's funny cause they originally banned me cause I "posted too many gifs" and now every other comment on this site(or thread at least) has gifs.
The Wii U social thread's (4.0) activity has been cut down due to the rules regarding GIF's. It's basically there to reduce spam and all that

Also, 9999 posts

Alphatron

Smash Champion
tfw you read their DI and angle accordingly.
If I get the chance, half of the battle is seeing whether or not they DI the elevator if I hit them with FW1. If they do, then I aim for them. But my aim is terribad regardless and I still whiff. I must channel Rion's spirit.

Congrats on 10,000 posts, beserker.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So I'm not the only one that thinks that she's mid. IM NOT CRAZY!
I never said anything about tier placement, I'm not good at that stuff

>When the Eventhubs tier list places Zelda 8th from the bottom, higher than Bowser and Wario (lol)
>When the Eventhubs tier list places LINK 8th BEST character.... (more lol)

Also, Nairo's comment on Fuujin (again late on the party--).

I don't trust event hubs tier list

So there are still a few kinks with the sizing function that I'll fix later, but you can now enjoy complex data tables for ALL of Zelda's normals in the Fairy Fountain!

ooh sexy

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
eh as long the actual text in the gif posts fulfill the character requirement I don't see what the problem is

I agree that in non-social threads gif overuse is less welcome.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What is the deal with Fujin on Smashboards anyway? Is he ban on sight?
Short answer: Yes, because he's meant to be permabanned.

Personally I don't agree with the ban hence why I completely ignore whatever instruction to ban him on sight, for 2 reasons:

1. The ban was dumb, he was targeted unfairly by a bunch of dumb moderators who pretty much followed him around the site (TehRefluxWanker was one of them) infracting him for the smallest of deeds.

2. We don't have a ******** moderator base anymore and the Admins probably don't care. Like, all the bad/not very good at their job moderators are gone now (wrtched, taran etc (butchered names so no name search)) and our current one is very solid. I wish we had people like @ IsmaR IsmaR and @ Berserker. Berserker. as staff a long time ago.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yay, I was educated on Fujin lore!

(lol at Teh Reflux [asterisk])

Last edited:
Top Bottom