• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I found something that Zelda is apparently high tier in.
Problem with Zelda's recovery is that you're still vulnerable when you reach the ledge. If you use something like Palutena's Nair or anything else with lingering hitboxes at the ledge just before Zelda reappears, Zelda will get hit. Could end up stage spiking.

Applies to Sheik as well.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I really love Utilt in this game, but tap jump on just doesn't really allow me to use it as much. *sigh*

Got hit with a stand-in-place FW on Battlefield once while recovering with FW below the stage to grab the ledge once. Got stage spiked, and no video to show you guys. :c

But could this be (surprise) another gimmicky way to edgeguard others?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I actually can't do this though ATM as one of my 3DS's shoulder buttons is broke. ; w ;
That sucks bad ;_;

It must be said I'm also quite fond of using Y for grabs. It's quite a nice wee spot for it :p

Problem with Zelda's recovery is that you're still vulnerable when you reach the ledge. If you use something like Palutena's Nair or anything else with lingering hitboxes at the ledge just before Zelda reappears, Zelda will get hit. Could end up stage spiking.

Applies to Sheik as well.
Palutena too if she uses her default UpB/Warp

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I use Y for grabs too. Tap jump off always.
I should get on learning perfect pivots...

Everyone is vulnerable when sweetspotting the ledge in Smash 4.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Anyone ever successfully landed a dtilt>forwrd tilt>lightning kick>FW>cliff hang? I couldve lightning kicked off edge for KO but missed...:( Damn flying characters.

But yeah not sure if it works for not fat charactersXD Anyone?

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
My fingers are hurting from trying to practice PPs, I'm really bad at techs that require really good precision and timing (which is why I can't get into melee -.-) but I def want to keep practising this, I hope it doesn't get patched out because it could add a lot of depth to the game, just wish it wasn't such a pain to learn -.-

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I use Y for grabs too. Tap jump off always.
I should get on learning perfect pivots...

Everyone is vulnerable when sweetspotting the ledge in Smash 4.
my dash dance is so bad that it makes it hard for me to learn perfect pivots, my left thumb is dumb and slow

I found something that Zelda is apparently high tier in.
I wouldn't trust this list, shulk has less jump height in speed stance (also effecting his U Special distance) and to my knowledge no more extra air speed then normal, please correct me if I'm wrong

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I wouldn't trust this list, shulk has less jump height in speed stance (also effecting his U Special distance) and to my knowledge no more extra air speed then normal, please correct me if I'm wrong
His air speed's actually buffed to be faster than everyone but short/thin Mii Brawler in speed stance. Nerfed jump height is definitely a thing though.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The neediness to defend la waifu is strong in this one. :^)

micstar615

Smash Ace
Lucina is one of my favourite characters but Marth is better, he has more rewards and punishes thanks to his tipper mechanic. At least Lucina can do Utilt while doing a PP unlike Marth :3

These boys and their waifus Ike is best husbando tho

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Lucina is one of my favourite characters but Marth is better, he has more rewards and punishes thanks to his tipper mechanic. At least Lucina can do Utilt while doing a PP unlike Marth :3

Sis do you even Shulk? He too kawaii yo

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord

She has more problems than KOing much later that puts her below Marth. I can see her being more than one tier below Marth.

Am I a traitor if I say Little Mac and male Wii Fit Trainer are best husbandos?

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Sis do you even Shulk? He too kawaii yo
She has more problems than KOing much later that puts her below Marth. I can see her being more than one tier below Marth.

Am I a traitor if I say Little Mac and male Wii Fit Trainer are best husbandos?
There are too many husbandos to choose from in this game...Ike, Link, Robin, Little Mac, and Male WFT, is it bad that I play as half of them cuz they're cute?

And yeah @ ZombieBran ZombieBran it's a pain trying to land a kill with her, I loved her character is FE Awakening though so I always pick her over Marth :p

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I would have to say that the husbando with the biggest feet is either Kirby or DDD.

Tough luck, people.

micstar615

Smash Ace
The bear himself Ganondorf would like to have a word with you all, he has massive feet. Have you seen his in game portrait? Sass for days.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
It's too late, this thread now belongs to the gay agenda.

Edit: Just how gay are the Peach and Lucina socials? :'D

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I may have to start lurking the Peach social

On a scale of 1-10, how much does everyone hate Diddy and why is it a ten?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I dunno about those but the Brawl Peach social was the gay hub of Smashboards .

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Don't even get me started on my hatred for certain characters in this game.

Like, my hatred for Diddy Kong transcends even Smash. I find him to be the must uncharismatic character in the whole ****ing world. I mean what the ****, how lame do you have to be to like a chimp in a 90's cap? The fact that we'll see millions of Diddys now because he's the obvious top tier in the game makes my gut turn.

The only thing I hate more than Diddy Kong is Sonic but I think Sonic and hatred are sort of synonyms by now.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It doesn't help that he's been top tier for two games in a row with two amazingly annoying (and low risk high reward) playstyles and his screeches are the most annoying thing ever

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I used to frequent the Peach social but it got boring, I've never even been to the lucina social, what was/is it like there? I just assumed it would be a bunch of "ma waifu" posts which is why I didn't go there much xD

Diddy is really atrocious, he's def no meta knight tho thankfully. I do hope he gets nerfed in a future patch though, do you guys think he'll be a centralizing character if they leave him as is? I was worried Rosalina was going to be the top tier character because everyone was saying she was the best pre patch, she's one of my favourites and her play style clicked with me instantly (she's got some similarities to Zelda) but luckily after the patch she get nerfed and isn't as good as before so I don't feel like a complete ass for using her (don't like using top tiers)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah I always feel a bit dirty when using top tiers too. I guess it's a bit of a fixation with the underdog. Although I'm really really starting to like Villager, and I had thought of maining him ever since he was announced. I also always played Ness as a secondary, sooo.... pride swallow I guess.

Also:

Holy **** holy **** holy **** the new DLC tracklist for Theatrhythm Curtain Call looks so ****ing good omfg omfg.

Does anybody here play that game? :'D

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Diddy's Side B is totally unfabulous it makes me sad ;_;

Also just checking the Brawl Peach Social... it's... er... interesting?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
remember when that pic of the day was posted where Sakurai pointed out Diddy's super stretchy arms?

Right then was when I knew I would hate him in Smash 4.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Yeah I always feel a bit dirty when using top tiers too. I guess it's a bit of a fixation with the underdog. Although I'm really really starting to like Villager, and I had thought of maining him ever since he was announced. I also always played Ness as a secondary, sooo.... pride swallow I guess.

Also:

Holy **** holy **** holy **** the new DLC tracklist for Theatrhythm Curtain Call looks so ****ing good omfg omfg.

Does anybody here play that game? :'D
I feel like Villager has a ton of potential, I heard he also has a favourable MU against Diddy :p

Top Bottom