• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah the Villager is pretty good. Much much better than I at first imagined when I played the demo.

To be honest the fact that this game is so much more balanced than Brawl and Melee helps a lot to fight that "omg no top tier" feeling, haha. The only ones I think have a considerable gap between them and the rest are Diddy and Rosalina, but then again I've never faced a good Sheik or ZSS. I'm sure those two have a lot going for them too.

Well Ganonbert and Zelda also have a considerable gap between them and the rest but that's very besides the point.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Sheik has had more success than Rosalina (and anyone else so far besides maybe Diddy iirc?)

The non-frog ninja is really scary.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Yeah, I also feel that this is the most balanced smash based on where the meta is atm, the perceived bottom tiers aren't completely hopeless against the perceived top tiers unlike previous smash games. And if you add in custom moves a lot of the perceived low tier characters are a lot better (Ganondorf, Ike, Samus and Charizard really benefit with customs) of course Zelda's customs are awful so she still stinks :troll:

And yeah, Sheik has had more success than Rosalina, Sheik just excels at everything. I also think ZSS, Pikachu, Sonic and Ness are really good!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The title of this thread should be "Page 89 is the best page"

Yeah this game lacks some of the more obvious balance screw ups (somewhere a Melee Kirby main demands justice)
But I do think some balance choices are sigh inducing in this game.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I don't mind playing top tiers if I actually have fun playing as them. Like Exdeath in Dissidia and Dry Bones in Mario kart DS.

But I'm currently playing as Samus in For Glory right now so I guess I'm a masochist. I'm trying not to develop roll habits.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Oh yeah, definitely. What I mean with more "balanced" is that the abyssmal differences are less jarring, but there's still a lot of things that are very questionable, like all of Zelda and the WFT, for example.

Also, Ness IS very good this time around, but his problems recovering are still there, only they're not a complete and total downfall. Which is something that IMO should be the law in general. Like, characters can have very exploitable strengths but also somewhat exploitable weaknesses. Much unlike Diddy, Sheik, etc...

micstar615

Smash Ace
The title of this thread should be "Page 89 is the best page"

Yeah this game lacks some of the more obvious balance screw ups (somewhere a Melee Kirby main demands justice)
But I do think some balance choices are sigh inducing in this game.
Yes page 89 was the best :3

I feel all we need now is to nerf Diddy and Sheik and buff the low tier characters, then it'd be amazing but I'm pretty happy with what it is now for the most part, the balancing is a massive step forward that's for sure

Oh yeah, definitely. What I mean with more "balanced" is that the abyssmal differences are less jarring, but there's still a lot of things that are very questionable, like all of Zelda and the WFT, for example.

Also, Ness IS very good this time around, but his problems recovering are still there, only they're not a complete and total downfall. Which is something that IMO should be the law in general. Like, characters can have very exploitable strengths but also somewhat exploitable weaknesses. Much unlike Diddy, Sheik, etc...
Agreed! The differences aren't as wide but are still there and in some cases they're too disadvantageous (Zelda and WFT seriously aren't threatening in comparison to most of the cast). Yeah, Ness was balanced perfectly in the right direction, he went from a consistently low tier character to a very fun and powerful character that's more than viable (except his back throw is kinda OP imo) I feel they did a great job with yoshi as well and I wish they had the same approach with characters like Zelda instead of just giving us FW.

Also, I forgot to mention that Lucario is really good too 0.o

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
(except his back throw is kinda OP imo)
I actually found his backthrow to be pretty weak? I dunno, I thought it was stronger in Brawl, hahaha. I wouldn't buff it, though. I think Ness is perfectly fine as is. Even the death MUs against Marcina are mostly just really challenging instead of basically impossible as Marth was in Brawl.

Also, Yoshi's Down B OoS is just ridiculous and stupid.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I actually found his backthrow to be pretty weak? I dunno, I thought it was stronger in Brawl, hahaha. I wouldn't buff it, though. I think Ness is perfectly fine as is. Even the death MUs against Marcina are mostly just really challenging instead of basically impossible as Marth was in Brawl.

Also, Yoshi's Down B OoS is just ridiculous and stupid.
Yeah I think he's fine as is but the salt comes pouring in when he kills me with a back throw -.-

I wonder if Mewtwo will still have is powerful throws :3 I'm pretty stoked that he's returning, he is still my favourite pokemon!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't mind playing top tiers if I actually have fun playing as them. Like Exdeath in Dissidia and Dry Bones in Mario kart DS.

But I'm currently playing as Samus in For Glory right now so I guess I'm a masochist. I'm trying not to develop roll habits.
Holy crap Exdeath was soooo much fun.

Hm my shoe size is like... Ness' :(

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
With the gradual nerfing to grabs/throws since like ever, it would be amazing if Mewtwo still retained his death throws.

The title! Aero you are the best mod btw

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry for starting a husbando war, guys. :^(((

... But Chrom is best non-playable husbando. :^)

micstar615

Smash Ace
Sorry for starting a husbando war, guys. :^(((

... But Chrom is best non-playable husbando. :^)
All I ever see on most boards are "waifu this" and "waifu that" so this is refreshing :p (also I think it was me who started it xD)

I find it really funny that Chrom has better written supports for male Robin in FE Awakening than female Robin despite the fact that he only has the option to marry female Robin

Latte

Smash Ace
That awkward moment when you try to shield grab someone but you're too slow so they roll away.

I know I'm late to the party, but Little Mac and Ike are the only Sm4sh husbandos for me.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I can add Ike to ZB's sexiest of sexy Smash men.
Little Mac, WFT, and Ike!

(oh no, has this post fully revived the Peach social thread spirit?)

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I've always wanted to pull a Fuujin and tell other Diddy mains how brainless of a character he is.

Meh. Resorting to snarky comments in the competitive forum is the next best thing.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I try not to say Diddy mains are just using him for easy wins because I think there are some legit Diddy fans (all 5 of them) that use him because they like him.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Is it kinda hard to find your way around and communicate or do you already have some knowledge in Japanese?
I major in Japanese (linguistics) so not much of a problem there :3

I may have to start lurking the Peach social

On a scale of 1-10, how much does everyone hate Diddy and why is it a ten?
THANK YOU FOR ASKING THIS.

I have been wanting to vent my anger over this. The reason why I hate Diddy is because of ****ing UAIR. What the **** where they thinking when they gave

• An Uair that comes out on frame 3 (!!)
  • Kills at like 120 on grounded opponents, 100 on aerial
  • Combos at low percents
  • Has HUGE range, in front of him and on top of him
  • Has no lag
  • Autocancels VERY fast
  • Can be combo'd and set up into from a throw easily
to a character that is already extremely mobile and has plenty of options both in the air and on the ground. Did they just want him to be broken??

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I try not to say Diddy mains are just using him for easy wins because I think there are some legit Diddy fans (all 5 of them) that use him because they like him.
Liking a chimp in a hat automatically makes you incredibly lame though.

What the **** where they thinking
The same thing they were thinking when they made Zelda and WFT:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
If this turns into the Peach boards I'm taking a hiatus. I respect other people's life choices but I don't swing that way.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah gorls, if Fuujin were here ATM, he'd probably be dragging y'all. This is MESS.

There's a reason we are the best char social: we ain't the peach boards!

Latte

Smash Ace
If this turns into the Peach boards I'm taking a hiatus. I respect other people's life choices but I don't swing that way.
A legitimate question as I only joined SmashBoards recently, what's wrong with the Peach boards?
Come on, we talked about husbandos; it isn't as though we're hitting on you.

I'd also talk about how it isn't a "choice," but I know that goes nowhere productive.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I don't think his comparison between the peach boards and homosexuality was literal.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
A legitimate question as I only joined SmashBoards recently, what's wrong with the Peach boards?
Come on, we talked about husbandos; it isn't as though we're hitting on you.
The peach boards in Brawl were the most... Well...gay area, and it was rather awkward and unwelcoming for non-gay Peach mains to be around. (Read: Me, before I switched to Zelda.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom