• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Considering my avatar switch can't be accessed from mobile, I guess I'll be switching it sometime later tomorrow. :zeldamelee:

Last edited:
The range though. I'm assuming that it'll be frame 10 at the very least; frame 1 was a joke since we need another Diddy Uair. :p

Anyway, Shofu's advocating for Wolf hardcore.

Edit: I'm wondering if Seagull Joe will play as Wolf like as a main or secondary if he comes back since Seagull Joe played him in Brawl and PM? I know Chillin does, but I don't know if Seagull Joe does.
Seagull definitely wants Wolf back. He'll be given much more incentive to pick him up especially if Sora/Namco actually listens to the Sonic haters

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm really glad that, instead of getting brand new characters, all our DLC characters are returning fan favorites with fanbases hardcore enough to shell out money for their character

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Is this place really still Shaq boards? *sigh* and I thought I was going to catch up with the social today.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Seagull definitely wants Wolf back. He'll be given much more incentive to pick him up especially if Sora/Namco actually listens to the Sonic haters
Where exactly do you nominate for DLC characters?

All I want is Marina Liteyears, as impossible as that is.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Let's vouch for Snake. I want him back
I got my Mewtwo, I've got all the vets I care about. :mewtwopm:

idk who else I'd want for DLC that has a realistic chance of making it, honestly. Ghirahim or Midna are the first two to come to mind, but they're both already assist trophies...

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Lol why are people freaking out over Lucas? Hes annoying as heck, sort of a clone of ness (along the lines of Ganondorf and C. Falcon which I see people complain about a lot) and I didn't really think he was that popular in brawl... is it just because a veteran is returning? Because I actually kind of expected him lol

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not sure on Shofu, though, and he's not as active as Seagull and Dabuz... Bunzy or whatever is Dabuz, right? Anyway, I was considering asking Seagull why he played Sonic in this game and why he played Wolf out of curiousity and because, well, he's here.

The sad part about Sonic is that he can tear you to shreds with his dash speed alone, but because nobody really knows how to deal with shields, approaching, etc. since the game's still young, so Sonic ends up playing the camping game. 6wX is the only Sonic off the top of my head who's really aggressive and abuses Sonic's speed while everyone else, no offense, don't. Seagull does have a point of it's not his fault people don't approach them. Hell, there are characters who will wreck Sonic's Spin Dash/Charge camping like Falco with his Reflector and Blaster, Fox who can keep up with Sonic for the most part, and Ike because of Ragnell. A camping Sonic won't do well against them, but an aggressive Sonic, a Sonic who approaches well will wreck them by running circles around them.

Looking at Seagull's Wolf, it's not his fault people don't stop him from throwing out lasers and planting Bairs into their faces. Wolf's air speed was awesome and he could weave in and out making you look like an idiot, but he's not untouchable or invincible. There's a difference like Nakat said of playing too defensively and losing opportunities. Seagull never does that because his defensive play lets him find openings to wreck you - maybe Seagull should main Ganondorf. :p

That being said, it's still stupid that Sonic can get away with this and then there's Burning Spin Dash. Done right, Burning Spin Dash could be a great option for Sonic instead of whatever the hell it is. At least it stops on shield, but what if you don't have a shield or it's too weak?

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Lol why are people freaking out over Lucas? Hes annoying as heck, sort of a clone of ness (along the lines of Ganondorf and C. Falcon which I see people complain about a lot) and I didn't really think he was that popular in brawl... is it just because a veteran is returning? Because I actually kind of expected him lol
I'm rather flabbergasted that they chose Lucas over Wolf.

Part of me just wanted to say "flabbergasted."

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm rather flabbergasted that they chose Lucas over Wolf.

Part of me just wanted to say "flabbergasted."
IIRC Lucas was the most request character for DLC in Japan, with Wolf right behind him.

Which is interesting considering Mother 3 was mostly seen as a bad sequel by Japanese fans. Either the Mother fanbase is really strong in Japan, or the fact that Lucas was the one character in the Subspace Emissary to get character development in Brawl made people warm up to him.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
One hour until Westerners turn to April 2nd...

One more hour till #Freedom.

Soul.

Because Mother 3 was a game full of emotion. He got cut from Brawl > Smash 4 and now he's back.
The feels.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I got my Mewtwo, I've got all the vets I care about. :mewtwopm:

idk who else I'd want for DLC that has a realistic chance of making it, honestly. Ghirahim or Midna are the first two to come to mind, but they're both already assist trophies...
I went ahead and put down Daisy. I have a friend who is obsessed with her and kinda mad that Rosalina made the cut but Daisy didn't, so I decided to lend my support.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I decided to think about potential DLC characters I'd like from various series represented in Sm4sh:

Zelda: Midna, Ghirahim, Toon Ganon, Ruto
Metroid: RIDLEY, Weavel, Noxus, Sylux
FE: Ephraim, Hector, Lyn, Micaiah
Punch Out: Mike Tysonlol
Pokemon: Breloom, Hawlucha
Megaman: Bass, Proto Man

Bass/Proto Man and Hawlucha are the most interesting options that'd actually have a chance I think

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Because Mother 3 was a game full of emotion. He got cut from Brawl > Smash 4 and now he's back.
The feels.
FFFFFFFFFRICK! I forgot about Kumatora... Anyway... :p

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
The feels.
I dun get it

Nothing special really... Like... It's a veteran returning... Mewtwo was special because he was cut from brawl, but he's back, two games later from melee, which is weird

Last edited:

Soul.

I dun get it

Nothing special really... Like... It's a veteran returning... Mewtwo was special because he was cut from brawl, but he's back, two games later from melee, which is weird
that's the "Specula scumbags" for ya

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The range though. I'm assuming that it'll be frame 10 at the very least; frame 1 was a joke since we need another Diddy Uair. :p

Anyway, Shofu's advocating for Wolf hardcore.

Edit: I'm wondering if Seagull Joe will play as Wolf like as a main or secondary if he comes back since Seagull Joe played him in Brawl and PM? I know Chillin does, but I don't know if Seagull Joe does.
Chillin played :snake: in brawl. He played :wolf: in PM. I play :diddy: in PM. I played :wolf: in brawl.

If he's the same thing as brawl :wolf: then I will immediately main him. I made that character to as close to high tier in brawl as humanly possible.
I'm not sure on Shofu, though, and he's not as active as Seagull and Dabuz... Bunzy or whatever is Dabuz, right? Anyway, I was considering asking Seagull why he played Sonic in this game and why he played Wolf out of curiousity and because, well, he's here.

The sad part about Sonic is that he can tear you to shreds with his dash speed alone, but because nobody really knows how to deal with shields, approaching, etc. since the game's still young, so Sonic ends up playing the camping game. 6wX is the only Sonic off the top of my head who's really aggressive and abuses Sonic's speed while everyone else, no offense, don't. Seagull does have a point of it's not his fault people don't approach them. Hell, there are characters who will wreck Sonic's Spin Dash/Charge camping like Falco with his Reflector and Blaster, Fox who can keep up with Sonic for the most part, and Ike because of Ragnell. A camping Sonic won't do well against them, but an aggressive Sonic, a Sonic who approaches well will wreck them by running circles around them.

Looking at Seagull's Wolf, it's not his fault people don't stop him from throwing out lasers and planting Bairs into their faces. Wolf's air speed was awesome and he could weave in and out making you look like an idiot, but he's not untouchable or invincible. There's a difference like Nakat said of playing too defensively and losing opportunities. Seagull never does that because his defensive play lets him find openings to wreck you - maybe Seagull should main Ganondorf. :p

That being said, it's still stupid that Sonic can get away with this and then there's Burning Spin Dash. Done right, Burning Spin Dash could be a great option for Sonic instead of whatever the hell it is. At least it stops on shield, but what if you don't have a shield or it's too weak?
I literally picked :4sonic: to main because I messed around with him in brawl. I never mained :sonic: in brawl, but I played him for fun. When I noticed how good he was in smash 4, I decided to main him. I didn't want to hop on the :4diddy: train because I use that character in PM. I didn't want to mix up my overall gameplay. I alt :4sheik: in smash 4, but rarely have to use her.

I like :4sonic:'s moveset. He's mobile in the air and on the ground. He's got a good option select. His bair is safe on block and kills. His dthrow is similar to :wolf:'s.

:018:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I want Isaac from Golden Sun :( He and that game were adorable.

I'd also like Bayonetta now that she's an exclusive.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
If we're talking potential Pokémon reps from each gen...
Gen 2: Scizor/Heracross
Gen 3: Blaziken (sorry Sceptile fans, Biasken is too stronk)
Gen 4: None prolly
Gen 5: Zoroark (maybe Bisharp?)
Gen 6: Hawlucha (thanks for the good idea Lavani)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think I voted like... 3 times in 3 different computers

I think it took me a good 3 months to realize that Bunzy was Dabuz
I think the first time I saw Bunzy was here when someone mentioned him, then he said he wasn't supposed to be seen, but that person didn't know because the powers of being a mod. Then there was the tier list by Dabuz and Bunzy was talking about it a lot, so yeah. Bunzy = Dabuz... Hehehe... Dabuzy and Dabunzy. With that avatar, total tsun-tsun can occur. :laugh:

Shofu, Seagull Joe, Nakat, GimR, and pawclaw are the only people I'm aware of with the same usernames as their (current) tag. Technically Snow too after he dropped the "-ballBob33" and there's also ZeRo who's under a different, but recognizable tag. Oh, and M2K.

Chillin played :snake: in brawl. He played :wolf: in PM. I play :diddy: in PM. I played :wolf: in brawl.

If he's the same thing as brawl :wolf: then I will immediately main him. I made that character to as close to high tier in brawl as humanly possible.

Well, that answered one question on Wolf and PM.

Edit: You edited your post before I saw your second answer.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I fully support Bayonetta and Dixie.
Veterans are moot points because they're probably being currently worked on.

But I'd vote 1000000 times if possible for "NOT RIDLEY"

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Been a while.

Gorls, I need opinions. Finally going to use my Zeldamiibo, what color should I set her to? I main the black palette, and honestly all of the palettes have a fair chance besides black and neutral. Inching a bit more towards blue, green, and pink, though.

I fully support Bayonetta and Dixie.
Veterans are moot points because they're probably being currently worked on.

But I'd vote 1000000 times if possible for "NOT RIDLEY"
I'm voting for Bayonetta on another computer. Good idea.

Also, LMAO at "Not Ridley." Maybe I should vote for it too for the lulz
Dabuz... Seagull Joe, Nakat
Name search bait to the 99th power

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I completely forgot about Isaac, I'd be ecstatic about Isaac.

In terms of asspull characters that have no chance in hell, I'd want Maria from Knights in the Nightmare.

If we're talking potential Pokémon reps from each gen...
This is a good topic too.

Gen 1: Mew
Gen 2: Heracross
Gen 3: Breloom
Gen 4: We already have Lucario so no
Gen 5: Mienshao, Bisharp
Gen 6: Hawlucha

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I never knew Shofu even played brawl nevertheless my main lol. I see the dude at Xanadu all the time. I'll ask if he used to watch vids of me to learn. I'd love to make him my disciple if :wolf: becomes DLC.

Edit: When does this stupid Shaq stuff end? Ugh.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I completely forgot about Isaac, I'd be ecstatic about Isaac.

In terms of asspull characters that have no chance in hell, I'd want Maria from Knights in the Nightmare.

This is a good topic too.

Gen 1: Mew
Gen 2: Heracross
Gen 3: Breloom
Gen 4: We already have Lucario so no
Gen 5: Mienshao, Bisharp
Gen 6: Hawlucha
I'm mainly listing which ones have a shot in my eyes, not which ones I want. As much as I like Breloom, Biasken has 10000000x more likely hood of getting in than Breloom.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm mainly listing which ones have a shot in my eyes, not which ones I want. As much as I like Breloom, Biasken has 10000000x more likely hood of getting in than Breloom.
Oh, then yeah I would swap Breloom with Blaziken.

I'm alright with Sceptile too though. I've been liking Blaziken less and Sceptile more as the years have passed (Treecko was always my favorite gen 3 starter, but I didn't like its evolutions as much)

I think the rest of my list still works though. :227:not that it's much different from yours

EDIT: real talk though breloom is love

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Did Zeldas Fair just SH auto cancel?
I thought I was seeing things...
Something definitely looked...different about it.

Joining the Zelda buff prayer circle.

Voted for Wolf (please dont hate me) on the ballet thing. He was a "for froun" character in Brawl, and I think he deserves to be back because of his more unique moveset compared to the other spacies. Plus he was bad***.

Other characters I thought about were Toon Zelda and Midna.

Oh, and Lucas is coming back! I never really touched him in Brawl, but I might give him a go this time around. Plus his return means there's hope for Wolf too.

Also 200cc Mario Kart YESYESYESYES. I think I'm more excited about that than the actual new content...

@ Ffamran Ffamran Whoo, another Wolf rep! I'm super hyped that he might make a return, but I don't wanna disappoint myself if he doesn't...

So...how do you guys think Zelda should be buffed? Realistically speaking, that is. I can see them changing some numbers on some of her moves...but that's about it for me. Which moves is a whole other question, however. I can see less laggy aerials and maybe, just maybe a more favorable Usmash hitbox. Power doesn't even have to be increased, just having a giant hitbox is enough for me.

As for this Shaq stuff, I thought it was pretty funny at first, but now its gotten a bit stale. Oh well, at least it's nearly over.

Last year's April Fool's joke was horrendous, yet hilarious, lol.
Been a while.

Gorls, I need opinions. Finally going to use my Zeldamiibo, what color should I set her to? I main the black palette, and honestly all of the palettes have a fair chance besides black and neutral. Inching a bit more towards blue, green, and pink, though.
White or pink. Pink boots are a thing.

I literally picked :4sonic: to main because I messed around with him in brawl. I never mained :sonic: in brawl, but I played him for fun. When I noticed how good he was in smash 4, I decided to main him. I didn't want to hop on the :4diddy: train because I use that character in PM. I didn't want to mix up my overall gameplay. I alt :4sheik: in smash 4, but rarely have to use her.

I like :4sonic:'s moveset. He's mobile in the air and on the ground. He's got a good option select. His bair is safe on block and kills. His dthrow is similar to :wolf:'s.

It would be incredible if you mained Wolf again if he got added in! Your Brawl Wolf was amazing.

Top Bottom