• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Lucas can do all of those except the amazing recovery part.

But even then if I footstool you I'm probably going to get enough height to PKT2 to safety anyway. Ness's recovery was buffed in this game and Lucas's was already better in Brawl.
Unless you have top tier Wario/Yoshi air speed, Kirby can jump away before you can footstool him. I can just jump up and hit you during PKT2 lol

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Diddy gonna get bopped in the next balance patch lol.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Unless you have top tier Wario/Yoshi air speed, Kirby can jump away before you can footstool him. I can just jump up and hit you during PKT2 lol
Point.

Anyway, with this Direct I'm pretty resigned to the fact that Sm4sh will eat all my free time from now on.

Of course balance patches mean potential Greninja nerfs though I particularly don't think Nintendo will mess with him much other than maybe remove the Shadow Sneak ATs. Greninja as he is right now is pretty balanced but then again I can't predict what they'll do.

If they nerf Greninja more then I guess it's just going to make me switch over to Lucas.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Guys I don't know what to do. When I found out that Lucas was removed from brawl I was crushed. You can tell I was lost for the first months of smash. I rambled through every character. Finally in the end I realized Zelda is my character and I've gotten far her. Right when I find a main. Lucas comes back. I want to main him but I don't want to stop maining Zelda. What do I do?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guys I don't know what to do. When I found out that Lucas was removed from brawl I was crushed. You can tell I was lost for the first months of smash. I rambled through every character. Finally in the end I realized Zelda is my character and I've gotten far her. Right when I find a main. Lucas comes back. I want to main him but I don't want to stop maining Zelda. What do I do?
Play two characters?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I noticed that Lucas's tether recovery is a lot better from Brawl now, so one of the main problems Ness has (exploitable recovery) doesn't apply as much to him now, which is great.

Most of all I want to play more with Lucas's super-satisfying Up-Smash and enjoy his really fast F-Smash again. I loved those moves in Brawl.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Play both at the same time!

I'm not even being sarcastic. Sm4sh seems to be about having multiple good characters rather than a singular main.

But if you want to solo!Zelda thats okay too! Honestly we don't know how Lucas is going to work yet so i'd say just wait untill he is released before you panic.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Play two characters?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Co-main, them? If Wolf comes back, I'm co-maining him out of pure love for his fighting style while Falco remains sort of like a proving ground to show he's not crap and it would be a waste to leave him while knowing this much about him. Ganondorf remains as a fun, boot people off character and Ike's someone familiar from Brawl. I can still play Fox well in all the games, so whatever to that.

I noticed that Lucas's tether recovery is a lot better from Brawl now, so one of the main problems Ness has (exploitable recovery) doesn't apply as much to him now, which is great.

Most of all I want to play more with Lucas's super-satisfying Up-Smash and enjoy his really fast F-Smash again. I loved those moves in Brawl.
It's sort of a given since other tether recoveries were lengthened.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok so, when I say I'll play two or more characters. It's a big lie. I said that wii fit and sheik are my other mains. Yeah I barely use them, I always use Zelda. I just always go solo with a character and I really don't know why.
Well...I don't see why you can't just give Lucas a try alongside Zelda. Think it through more once he's actually released and you can see if you want to play him

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, I wonder if Lucina will be changed... Like, okay, none of the Roy BS, but actually different than Marth like the other Melee clones. It's a stretch, but could you imagine her moving like Marth, but functioning completely different? For one, she could have Ganondorf and Toon Link's Down Smashes properties where the first hit links to the second which funny enough, their "original" had strong hit-once Down Smashes, Captain Falcon and Link, Up Smash I don't know what you could do other that make it someone force the person upwards to Falchion's tip, Side Smash could just be altered to hit harder, but slower or something, maybe make her Shield Breaker hit faster, but deal weaker shield damage, Dair instead of spiking, comes out faster and functions like Meta Knight's, etc. Just wondering about Luci.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Honestly I'd be happy if the difference between Marth and Lucina was having Marth keep his early kill tipper game, but turn Lucina into a rushdown aggressive character.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Honestly I'd be happy if the difference between Marth and Lucina was having Marth keep his early kill tipper game, but turn Lucina into a rushdown aggressive character.
Lucina needs something to differentiate her like how Marth had tippers and Roy had centered hits and fire; she needs more than just, no tippers and "slightly more damage" compared to Marth's un-tipped moves which is nothing compared Marth's tippers. Property changes or changes to how her moves work can drastically change her game plan and make her not be an inferior and pointless version of Marth.

Female Marth would be better if she had stuff that's safe on shield
Make her Falchion reflect Awakening's length rather than be the same length as Marth's Falchion. Awakening Falchion would be close to Link's Master Sword which is more than enough for Lucina to space stuff out without getting royally screwed.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hmm, I wonder if Lucina will be changed... Like, okay, none of the Roy BS, but actually different than Marth like the other Melee clones. It's a stretch, but could you imagine her moving like Marth, but functioning completely different? For one, she could have Ganondorf and Toon Link's Down Smashes properties where the first hit links to the second which funny enough, their "original" had strong hit-once Down Smashes, Captain Falcon and Link, Up Smash I don't know what you could do other that make it someone force the person upwards to Falchion's tip, Side Smash could just be altered to hit harder, but slower or something, maybe make her Shield Breaker hit faster, but deal weaker shield damage, Dair instead of spiking, comes out faster and functions like Meta Knight's, etc. Just wondering about Luci.
I always thought that she should be more of a rushdown character since she doesn't have to space for maximum reward on her attacks.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
For people that desperately want Zelda's lightning kicks to have significantly less landing lag in 1.0.6, that's probably not gonna happen. If I know Sakurai, he won't make a high reward move like that without a drawback or risk of some kind. It applies to C. Falcon too who gained significant landing lag for his knee in Smash 4. It turns the moves into high risk high reward moves which is most likely what he intended but failed to deliver since Melee with them. Now if they buff Zelda's up smash? That'll be all I want and everything else afterwards would just be gravy. I saw how awesome Mewtwo's up smash was in the trailer and wished Zelda had something similar.

I wouldn't be worried about Zelda either. She'll either stay the same or get buffed. The last balance patches were pretty fair, so it'll be interesting to see what happens this time around and see how hard Diddy gets nerfed.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Don't worry guys, Zelda will get a big buff.

Her nair will deal 0.6% more damage!
1.0.6 change list
General changes:
-Fernosaur has been ip banned from nintendo's online and his account deleted
Balance changes:
-Zelda light kicks now feature Fernosaur's scream every time it sweet spots

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I always thought that she should be more of a rushdown character since she doesn't have to space for maximum reward on her attacks.
I was wondering more about what could be changed and how it would affected. For one, if her frame data was significantly faster than Marth and the other sword users or her frame data was closer to the Pits, she would be a unique sword user and similar to Meta Knight. As far as I know, sword users tend to be more about spacing which makes sense, but if Lucina could blaze through people on the ground, then she could compliment Meta Knight who commands the skies with his Galaxia.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Isn't Meta Knight more of a ground-based character though?
But his little bat wings! :p

I always thought he was more of an air fighter in Brawl and SSB4 because of his ability to move through the air well and attack quickly in the air along with having great options in the air.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just played the coolest person ever on FG. They were really good and we talked through the name tags after every match. It was fun <3
@Nammy12 Sorry, I didn't see your friend request until now bc I like never check my friend requests lol. I added you

Top Bottom