• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
G&W feels nerfed in moves like Dtilt having a lot more ending lag, Bair feels weaker, smashes are weaker. Generally G&W feels like a weaker version of how he was in Brawl for most moves. The only buff I see is Oil Panic and maybe Judgement. But I admit to not using him much so I could be playing him wrong for SSB4.
DTilt isn't nearly as good as it was in Brawl. Its best feature now is a bizarre windbox which is good at messing up certain specials and jumps. Jab has mostly taken its place but I think DTilt has more range and is faster than FTilt, so I do use it sometimes in footsties.

BAir was gutted pretty hard lol. It went from 5 hits to 4 (kind of irrelevant), had its damage lessened to 9% from 15%, and was saddled with a lot of endlag. I generally prefer FAir now (which has quite low landing lag) but BAir is better for stage spiking and it has a little more range.

His smashes all have some uses though they're weaker. FSmash no longer has a lingering hitbox and instead has a sweetspot mechanic on the torch head. It's best used as an anti-air, although I've used it to bop some getup attacks (hi Fox) because it's his longest-ranged ground move. DSmash is (IIRC) his fastest Smash and makes a good landing trap. The sourspot is much weaker (though this was justified). USmash is funny. It's got tiny range and is the second-slowest USmash in the game (frame 24). But it's probably his best smash. Why? Because it gives his head invincibility from frame 4 until the hitbox comes out and his head is big. A few of my favorite moments with it:

• Challening the decent of Super Dedede Jump and winning
  • Shielding the first hit of Link's DAir then dropping shield and USmashing to hit him
  • Shielding Bouncing Fish, dropping shield and running over to USmash, tanking the rebound kick and killing Sheik
It's a great move when used correctly. It has minimal ending lag too and can be used as a combo starter at high percents.

Dash attack is also really great. It doesn't stage spike anymore but lunges him forward. His new DThrow is great for low-percent combos and can lead into Judge sometimes.

Just try to keep moving when playing him. Rage is probably his biggest problem, especially against heavy characters, since his kill moves are slow and they end up getting to really high percents before you can usually kill them.

Hooray for being able to see edit history!
Share your mod powers Spirst-sama

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I DUNNO MAN, WHAT ELSE CAN I OFFER.

I could draw Pac Man.

Maybe.

You'll be missing out, tho.

Soul.

It takes additional time. Time that they are not willing to waste.

Pretty much the same reason why it's 2-stock 5 minutes.
doesn't it like, take about 20 minutes to transfer them all though? or is getting the customs on the 3DS itself the problem

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Wow. Yeah, playing against Fox seems ... stressful AF. Shaky got caught in a jab jab string, got out of it by DI>shield, but then didn't react in time while Megafox just grabbed him. Theoretically, Fox should have been punished, but the amount of pressure and the reaction time it takes to process & punish correctly just makes it so hard.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>Zelda is good
>Zelda is buffed from Brawl
>Zelda is a high tier contender

Happy April Fool's Day, gorls~ :^)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
doesn't it like, take about 20 minutes to transfer them all though? or is getting the customs on the 3DS itself the problem
Oh, I think we're talking about different things. I mean Evo is not allowing people to upload customs during the tournament. So a player can't have a personally made custom on his/her 3DS and upload it.

I believe AA clocked it at 14 minutes to upload all sets on a Wii U. Evo will have 64 sets, so that's roughly 14 hours to upload everything with one 3DS. Goes exponentially faster with another 3DS though. With powersaves, gathering customs on the 3DS honestly isn't an issue.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Wow. Yeah, playing against Fox seems ... stressful AF. Shaky got caught in a jab jab string, got out of it by DI>shield, but then didn't react in time while Megafox just grabbed him. Theoretically, Fox should have been punished, but the amount of pressure and the reaction time it takes to process & punish correctly just makes it so hard.
Fox's strengths are speed and pressure. His fast ground speed, good jumps and fast fall, quick attack specs, and low-lag aerials work together well.

Also hark who's talking, a Mega Main complaining that a character is stressful to fight due to pressure. I couldn't hear you over your lemonade and stronger than 90% of USmashes UTilt.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Fox's strengths are speed and pressure. His fast ground speed, good jumps and fast fall, quick attack specs, and low-lag aerials work together well.

Also hark who's talking, a Mega Main complaining that a character is stressful to fight due to pressure. I couldn't hear you over your lemonade and stronger than 90% of USmashes UTilt.
Yeah, but my pressure isn't "I could usmash you at any second from a foxtrot away. You better not do something stupid."
My pressure is, "I'm going to annoy the **** out of you and make you attack me. When you do attack me, you better not do something stupid."
I need to work on a more polished offensive game of my own, but I like defense.

I want to say Mega Man has a good shot at beating Fox because neutral is important, uair>falling nair, and utilt punishes. MM also edge guards/combo's Fox well with BAirs and disjointed dtilt to beat out side-B on the ledge. But... Fox. Iunno. I really don't have a lot of experience yet and today was the first time I saw Megafox so I'm still getting over that.

Edit: :4littlemac:?:4pikachu:?:rosalina:? that's... yeah. That's kind of all I've got atm.

WTF GUYS. IT'S NOT APRIL YET. #westcoast

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Wait it's 1:30 AM where I'm at

D*ngit I'm and hour and thirty minutes late

wat do

Maybe Mewtwo will be the answer for diddy and all other high tiers... While that'd make him high tier himself, itd be cool

Soul.

Maybe Mewtwo will be the answer for diddy and all other high tiers... While that'd make him high tier himself, itd be cool
tall and floaty. possibly light tho a weight buff makes a lot more sense.
srsly wtf is mewtwo light

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
tall and floaty. possibly light tho a weight buff makes a lot more sense.
srsly wtf is mewtwo light
I'd think they'd make him heavier, and who knows they migit shrink him a little. Or make him bigger... But we'll heff to see, But the day he's released, fg will be flooded with mewtwo

Spirst

Mewtwo being tall, light, and floaty will probably not bode well against Mr Uair.

FRAME 1 TELEPORT THOUGH PLEASE. BREAK THE GAME

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Wait it's 1:30 AM where I'm at

D*ngit I'm and hour and thirty minutes late

wat do

Mewtwo is tall and probably going to stay light and floaty with average speed attacks
>SMH FOOD FOR DIDDY :^(

Maybe Zeldawful will be buffed and she can contest with Diddy :^) cough inb4 Sheik is buffed and can face Diddy cough

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Unsure if it was anyone specific, I just remember the tweet saying it was happening.

On the topic of Fox, who does he lose to? (hard mode: you can't answer with :4diddy:)
That's wonderful news then. Glad to hear it. I think 6 minutes is a good spot.

Now I don't play Fox, but from what I've watched and witnessed...

:4sheik:
:4metaknight:
:4luigi:(Barely)

That's all I can think of with certainty.

He has a lot of even matches though.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby vs Fox is most likely 60:40 in favor of Kirby. I wouldn't put it any higher than that because of how scary Fox can be, though. Kirby can combo Fox to death (50%+ true combos from one U-Tilt or D-Air) and can easily abuse his recovery, along with some crouch shenanigans. The main problem with Fox is that U-Smash + speed. Everything else is evened out between them.

So... it's either 60:40 in favor of Kirby or 50:50. I'm leaning towards 60:40 because lol combos but Fox.

Soul.

my character's mu vs. fox is 60:00 because fox is very bad in disadvantage a.k.a: being juggled

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Actually I take that back, I'm pretty sure MM's UTilt is stronger than all uncharged USmashes. Move makes me so mad lol.

I wonder what a "power" moveset would look like, a move set where every move killed the earliest for its class.

Jab: :4dedede::4robinm:
Dash Attack: :4dedede::4peach:
FTilt: :4charizard::4ganondorf: idk
UTilt: :4megaman:
DTilt: :4falco::4ganondorf:
FSmash: :4bowser::4marth:
USmash: :4ganondorf::4greninja:
DSmash: :4link::4myfriends:
NAir: :4luigi::4ness:???
FAir: :4falcon::4dk::4zelda:
BAir: :4bowser::4charizard::4lucario::4zelda: (there's a lot of strong BAirs lol)
UAir: :4diddy::rosalina:(Luma):4robinm:
DAir: :4ganondorf:
FThrow: :4sonic::4bowser:
BThrow: :4ness: (OKAY)
UThrow: :4rob:
DThrow: :4charizard:

And specials for giggles, but they're a whole 'nother can if worms:
NSpecial: :4ganondorf::4littlemac:
SSpecial: :4gaw::4pikachu:
USpecial: :4littlemac::4ganondorf:
DSpecial: :4gaw::4shulk::4villager:

I have specific specials in midn for these.

Overall that move set looks kind of crappy but with good aerials. Any corrections?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Fox also has bair and nair as safe on shield. Especially on the cross over which he has the mobility and fast fall speed to be the best at it in the game (is actually the best at it in the game). So on top of ftilt... that's like 3 moves, divide by zero more safe moves than a majority of the cast. Fsmash well spaced is also safe.

Late but... Fox is pretty good.
While Fox loses his jab1-2 against Sheik, I don't think it's a noticeable disadvantage.
Can only see MK as an issue due to the hit confirms into shuttle loop being easier than average and off stage stuff. Better customs and perhaps some general techniques of avoiding dash attack and I don't see much of an advantage from him either.

Nair into tech read up/fsmash perfectly doable for Fox too.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I have no idea how that list is made out (ie: how the kill is actually achieved), but if customs are taken into account, Kirby's Meteor Stone kills pretty much everybody from 10~20% depending on the stage when hanging on the ledge.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Actually I take that back, I'm pretty sure MM's UTilt is stronger than all uncharged USmashes. Move makes me so mad lol.

I wonder what a "power" moveset would look like, a move set where every move killed the earliest for its class.

Any corrections?
Pit's Fthrow is better at killing then sonic's

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah, but my pressure isn't "I could usmash you at any second from a foxtrot away. You better not do something stupid."
My pressure is, "I'm going to annoy the **** out of you and make you attack me. When you do attack me, you better not do something stupid."
I need to work on a more polished offensive game of my own, but I like defense.

I want to say Mega Man has a good shot at beating Fox because neutral is important, uair>falling nair, and utilt punishes. MM also edge guards/combo's Fox well with BAirs and disjointed dtilt to beat out side-B on the ledge. But... Fox. Iunno. I really don't have a lot of experience yet and today was the first time I saw Megafox so I'm still getting over that.

Edit: :4littlemac:?:4pikachu:?:rosalina:? that's... yeah. That's kind of all I've got atm.

WTF GUYS. IT'S NOT APRIL YET. #westcoast
Pikachu should be even.

Fox juggles Little Mac for days and he can punish his tilts.

Can't say for sure on Rosalina though. Megafox wrecks every Rosalina he went up against though so there's that.

last i checked Pikachu vs. Fox was even. It'd be in Pika's favor if:
This made Megafox go Snake vs Pikachu in Brawl lol.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think Substitute might need to be included in the Down Special area because the knockback on that move is just silly.

Not sure how it compares to Villager's tree though.

Soul.

Jab: :4dedede::4robinm:
Dash Attack: :4dedede::4peach:
FTilt: :4charizard::4ganondorf: idk
UTilt: :4megaman:
DTilt: :4falco::4ganondorf:
FSmash: :4bowser::4marth:
USmash: :4ganondorf::4greninja:
DSmash: :4link::4myfriends:
NAir: :4luigi::4ness:???
FAir: :4falcon::4dk::4zelda:
BAir: :4bowser::4charizard::4lucario::4zelda: (there's a lot of strong BAirs lol)
UAir: :4diddy::rosalina:(Luma):4robinm:
DAir: :4ganondorf:
BThrow: :4ness: (OKAY)
UThrow: :4rob:
DThrow: :4charizard:

And specials for giggles, but they're a whole 'nother can if worms:
NSpecial: :4ganondorf::4littlemac:
SSpecial: :4gaw::4pikachu:
USpecial: :4littlemac::4ganondorf:
DSpecial: :4gaw::4shulk::4villager:

I have specific specials in midn for these.

Overall that move set looks kind of crappy but with good aerials. Any corrections?
I know something that will clearly fix this character's moveset:

look at it its so powerful
Pikachu should be even.

Fox juggles Little Mac for days and he can punish his tilts.

Can't say for sure on Rosalina though. Megafox wrecks every Rosalina he went up against though so there's that.

This made Megafox go Snake vs Pikachu in Brawl lol.
lol oh wait really? that made him go Snake?

Last edited:
Top Bottom