• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
He DID get a few legitimate nerfs (smash attack knockback, NAir no longer autocancels, rage) but IMo he feels more complete in this game. He got various damage nerfs, but so did most of the cast (NAir and UAir still deal Brawl damage though :laugh:). I guess he feels more complete to me because he actually has a fairly well-rounded ground game, lol. Not to mention Oil Panic being usable now. If you explain more of how he feels nerfed I might be able to help.

Bouncing fishing?
G&W feels nerfed in moves like Dtilt having a lot more ending lag, Bair feels weaker, smashes are weaker. Generally G&W feels like a weaker version of how he was in Brawl for most moves. The only buff I see is Oil Panic and maybe Judgement. But I admit to not using him much so I could be playing him wrong for SSB4.

My bouncing Fish are stupid predictable. I need to learn set ups better.
Locke 06 > Sonic 06

Why is Sonic 06 in the first place instead of just 6? I, at least, have a good reason.
It was called 'Sonic the Hedgehog' and made in 2006 so people started calling it Sonic 06.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Sooo I havent followed Pokemon stuff at all since the first 150 Pokemon.

They seriously created a Maletwo and Femtwo?

They must be running out of creativity really badly.
Kinda. Mewtwo is genderless but the one from the first movie uses a male voice while the Mewtwo that Mega evolves uses a female voice. They are confirmed to be 2 different Mewtwo but not a lot is known about the female one.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It was called 'Sonic the Hedgehog' and made in 2006 so people started calling it Sonic 06.
I preferred calling it Sonic Next-Gen but it never caught on in the Sonic community when I was super active there.

As for Sonic Boom. I just needed to see two gameplay videos, and that was it. I didn't need to play it to realize Jak and Rachet&Clank are much more polished games.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Well I have a room open and I'll add anyone that wants me to to play some matches.

Edit: Was also thinking about trying out some customs as well.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well I have a room open and I'll add anyone that wants me to to play some matches.

Edit: Was also thinking about trying out some customs as well.
well ill pass on that

i have like no customs and dont find them very appealing personally

I preferred calling it Sonic Next-Gen but it never caught on in the Sonic community when I was super active there.

As for Sonic Boom. I just needed to see two gameplay videos, and that was it. I didn't need to play it to realize Jak and Rachet&Clank are much more polished games.
Yeah. They were miles apart in terms of polish. Hopefully, the Sonic franchise can get itself out of this ****ty position. They've done it once already with Sonic 06/Next-gen/retcon'd. All they need is a decent Sonic game (which probably won't come out on the Wii U. Props to Nintendo for being dumb)
I hate you too
It's okay. We love you too

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm entirely ok with my secondary being Villager. I think I'm doing fine enough with the both of them.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I honestly don't know who I secondary
One week I feel really confident with Robin
The next week it's Sheik
Or Pit
Or Shulk

Rizen

Smash Legend

Someone speedrunning it called it 'Sonic Other M' lol. Sonic 06 does have "the box" though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPpzqosuW9I
:p

I couldn't stand the re-imagined characters in Sonic Boom, especially Knuckles.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
that sounds good actually. ive never done it sooo you might have to explain.

isnt it like, 1 person fights 2, then 1 fights three or something? idk
1v1s
Winner stays in
Player 1 plays P2
P3 sits out
P3 plays the winner of that match (P1vP2)
Winner stays in
Whoever loses has to sit out (SD and spectate)
@ Tilk Tilk my FC is 4699-5598-8215
I'll do a couple

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Playing around with random characters' customs

I didn't know before now that Meteor Trampoline had spiking hitboxes on the bounce as well, the in-game description implied only the last use spiked. This is what, a frame 3? 4? spike that simultaneously gets Pac up and out of there. I'm sure I'm missing more about this move but it seems pretty silly just for that alone.

Samus' Power Bombs (I don't care what the game calls them, they're Power Bombs ok) are huge. I'm kind of wondering why she has like, no sets with them in the custom moveset project, because these seem like they'd control space really well. Unrelated to her customs, utilt's spike hit has a ton of hitstun. Shame it's techable and only spikes grounded targets, but she has years to combo off of it.

Sheik seems like she can edgeguard pretty well with runoff Abyss. The fact that she keeps an active hitbox mid-teleport makes it easier to hit with, and it spikes pretty hard. No jump before vanishing makes it feel a lot easier to aim with, too (though obviously hurts it as a recovery).

Burning Spin Dash is apparently entirely invincible. I guess that clears up the priority things I didn't understand about it before; he's invincible, but it can still clank out and leave him vulnerable.

Okay I'm done with looking for a secondary now. I'm just gonna go solo frog and play other characters just for funsies because I don't think I'll ever be as good with any other character as I am with Greninja.
It's too hard to be good enough with a second character to justify using them over your main imo

There's too many fun characters to only play one in this game though. :4metaknight:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
At this point, :4rob: and :4ganondorf: are my go to characters and will remain to be.
:4dedede: is a funsie character for me now
:4kirby: is taking Dedede's place as my secondary
:4gaw: is bordering between secondary and funsie character (probably going to be funsie)
I'm perfectly fine with who I'm playing with at the moment. I should just leave it at whom I already have, no need to overwhelm myself with too many characters.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Well I added Wolf. Shro, Could you host?

Edit: Well never mind.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't know what secondary should I use. Then again Pikachu is good enough. I think I'm "good" with Falcon lol
I feel rotations are better done on 3DS.
Sonic needs something like this to get out of the shadow realm:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Well the one that got suggested to me was, well...

Sonic.

Is there even a character that's not Diddy or Sheik (I don't even know if Sheik does that does well against both of them?
I use Sonic as a secondary. Very reliable. I'd recommend trying him at the least.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Mario is good against Sonic and Fox. He's probably even against both of them
... Well Mario is probably my second best character. Convenient.

I use Sonic as a secondary. Very reliable. I'd recommend trying him at the least.
I tried him before and while I do prefer fast character there is such a thing as too fast.

Wii fit because SS clashes with Spin Dash and she can ledge camp
Also tried before but she didn't really resonate with my general playstyle

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
1v1s
Winner stays in
Player 1 plays P2
P3 sits out
P3 plays the winner of that match (P1vP2)
Winner stays in
Whoever loses has to sit out (SD and spectate)
@ Tilk Tilk my FC is 4699-5598-8215
I'll do a couple
I think I've added you. I have a room open with tilk if you're still playing

Soul.

wii fit is even with every other character just because of jumbo hoop alone omg

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I love you bro, but seriously?
Yes she doesn't need to approach, she can crawl under his lasers forcing him to approach. Due to foxs fast fall speed, at mid percents wii fit can get 3nairs - Uair which is like 50% and true combos. Wii fit also shines in edgeguarding which is where fox is gimpable. Yes fox does have shine to reflect back projectiles but a smart player will find away arround that like b reversing or doing it close. Fox is also lighter making them kill around the same percent.

Also this
wii fit is even with every other character just because of jumbo hoop alone omg

Last edited:

Soul.

who the **** uses lasers other than to rack up damage
Wii Fit crouches, Fox approaches. Wii Fit shields and Fox gets a free grab

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
who the **** uses lasers other than to rack up damage
Wii Fit crouches, Fox approaches. Wii Fit shields and Fox gets a free grab
Who says she needs to shield? She could easily dodge or jump or something.

Top Bottom