• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43

I am so done with this joke. It can go rot with Brawl.
I prefer to think of it as a truth you don't want to admit. Kind of like how us Gerudo warriors just took over Hyrule again this morning because you've got the worst military in history. And since Link's not coming until 2016, this means you've got another nice long stay in the dungeon ahead of you.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Imagine Ganon with an Utilt that comes out on frame 3
Or better yet, an utilt that OHKOs, has more absurd range than ever before, and you can interrupt it with any attack of your own.
That would be so broken, but funny to have. Now try to imagine that.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ kenniky kenniky Water Shuriken can't be absorbed, I was surprised to learn that myself.
Wait, really? That makes no sense, water is sort of energy based, right?

Can FLUDD, Squirtle's Water Gun, or the Fire Hydrant water be absorbed?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Er... Why? Is this fully charged or uncharged?
Neither can, same applies to custom shurikens
Wait, really? That makes no sense, water is sort of energy based, right?

Can FLUDD, Squirtle's Water Gun, or the Fire Hydrant water be absorbed?
I don't think so, but those are windboxes and not an actual attack so it kinda makes sense that they can't be absorbed.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm tired of people thinking that villager wins by camping.
If she's camping 99% of the time you have the advantage

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm tired of people thinking that villager wins by camping.
If she's camping 99% of the time you have the advantage
That's because of Roll Glory. Many (bad) villagers thinks that only the Lloid and the Slingshot exist.

Ps: Blue / yellow striped villager is best villager.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
omf I love Ganon
> get a read
> kill at 50%

not to mention he's got that bod too like oo dang
This and shield breaks with up-tilt are why I love playing Ganon. Loads of power and it's great to put that power to use.
So satisfying.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Still having to deal with campy villagers who treat their trees like a holy shield of protection. -.-

Aside from that I running into WAY too many ROBs on FG. Why?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Still having to deal with campy villagers who treat their trees like a holy shield of protection. -.-

Aside from that I running into WAY too many ROBs on FG. Why?
I almost never run into ROBs. They seem to be rare for me, but not for you. I'm guessing most of them aren't good.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I run rarely into ROB, but he is a personal nemesis. I mean, he is the only character that managed to really enrage me in Roll Glory so far. And I was able to beat that stupid camper during the last 30s by tricking him with a jab, making him doing his laser, allowing me to farore his robotic face.

Most of them just LOVE their projectiles, Nair, DSmash and rolls. And the Dthrow, OBVIOUSLY. I seriously don't know the matchup. I always fail to edgeguard him.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I almost never run into ROBs. They seem to be rare for me, but not for you. I'm guessing most of them aren't good.
Actually it's around 50:50. Some I'll only manage to kill once, while others seem to forget that Smash attacks, grabbing and shielding exist.

ROB's not a bad character… just not one I find very interesting.

Edit: Actually they've been having more of an emphasis on that stupid down air to apply pressure but it's easy just to UTilt them away like I'm swatting away a fly

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Phew I've been whaled on by too many good players today
I'm trying to make it a goal to play at least 5 matches with high level players a week
I should improve

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Actually it's around 50:50. Some I'll only manage to kill once, while others seem to forget that Smash attacks, grabbing and shielding exist.

ROB's not a bad character… just not one I find very interesting.

Edit: Actually they've been having more of an emphasis on that stupid down air to apply pressure but it's easy just to UTilt them away like I'm swatting away a fly
Eh, different strokes for different folks. I like him quite fine, he's fun for me.
And why are those ROBs trying D-air of all moves? They really should be using something else to apply pressure though, I'm not exactly sure what specific case you're referring to. If it's when they're trying to land then no way should they be doing that.
If it's to apply pressure in the neutral then no, they should be using nair.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Eh, different strokes for different folks. I like him quite fine, he's fun for me.
And why are those ROBs trying D-air of all moves? They really should be using something else to apply pressure though, I'm not exactly sure what specific case you're referring to. If it's when they're trying to land then no way should they be doing that.
If it's to apply pressure in the neutral then no, they should be using nair.
Yeah, the good ones seem to know that well, but unexperienced people just spam the darn thing trying to land on me and I just punish them like it's no one's business.

The good ones have been able to hold their own by using a wide array of moves it seems, much more interesting to play, but then there's also the people that seem to think spamming SideB is the best idea ever.

Phew I've been whaled on by too many good players today
I'm trying to make it a goal to play at least 5 matches with high level players a week
I should improve
I'll take you on if you're up for it sometime.

Last edited:

Soul.

So I tried out OU with Giratina-O on Showdown.
Man, this meta is ****ing dumb. There is no reason to not run Gira-O if it comes to OU. Keldeo/Lando-I/Mega Gallade are nonexistent. Bisharp is everywhere. It's just going to become a stale mess.
This reminds me of a certain Pokémon! ....

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Yeah, the good ones seem to know that well, but unexperienced people just spam the darn thing trying to land on me and I just punish them like it's no one's business.

The good ones have been able to hold their own by using a wide array of moves it seems, much more interesting to play, but then there's also the people that seem to think spamming SideB is the best idea ever.
I forget Side B even exists sometimes lol it's good for reflecting projectiles though (like Mega Man's fsmash)
And yeah, the good ROBs can pull off some nice stuff with their arsenal of moves. Those are a joy to watch, at least for me anyway.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So I tried out OU with Giratina-O on Showdown.
Man, this meta is ****ing dumb. There is no reason to not run Gira-O if it comes to OU. Keldeo/Lando-I/Mega Gallade are nonexistent. Bisharp is everywhere. It's just going to become a stale mess.
This reminds me of a certain Pokémon! ....
I didn't play on the ladder myself yet, but I definitely don't see it staying in OU lol. Even being restricted to Griseous Orb and being somewhat handled by fairies (guessing that's the reason it was picked over Aegislash, that and no King's Shield), it's so ridiculously bulky and strong that there's really no reason to not run it on your team - it's practically a second mega with no opportunity cost, in a way. Also its moveset is so diverse, getting things like Aura Sphere to handle Bisharp, Pain Split for healing, WoW for crippling physical attackers...if Aegislash was considered too centralizing for OU I don't see how Gira-O is staying.

Also I just learned that Mewtwo codes deadline is tomorrow so I really need to get on finding someone with Wii U to swap with ;_;

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Guys it's almost April Fool's. Might not be a bad time to... *cough*... do certain things to certain threads. And such.
Oh yeah april fools. Probably going to start preparing for that now. Since I don't remember when this forum will start it's april foolery because time zones.

Going to probably get a name change. :p

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Ugh. Going to have to start getting used to being on here.

What should I expect for April Fools day that I won't see anywhere else?

Top Bottom