• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll be riding Zelda hype until everyone agrees Fire Emblem tier exists and Zelda isn't apart of it.

I think Zelda does pretty good against several viable picks (I hear good things about :4pikachu:/:rosalina:). Her dash attack and down tilt are some of the better ones in the game. There may be a bit of Mario-syndrome with this character (or more so "Brawl-Main-Bias-Disease"). Think she fills more of a niche (like Little Mac) more so than a bona fide low/bottom tier (that are genuinely useless, like Lucina/Jigglypuff/Palutena w\o customs).

Oh, my 24k-th post is this one~

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>When you want to go for a lightning kick but you miss :^(

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'll be riding Zelda hype until everyone agrees Fire Emblem tier exists and Zelda isn't apart of it.

I think Zelda does pretty good against several viable picks (I hear good things about :4pikachu:/:rosalina:). Her dash attack and down tilt are some of the better ones in the game. There may be a bit of Mario-syndrome with this character (or more so "Brawl-Main-Bias-Disease"). Think she fills more of a niche (like Little Mac) more so than a bona fide low/bottom tier (that are genuinely useless, like Lucina/Jigglypuff/Palutena w\o customs).

Oh, my 24k-th post is this one~
Huh?
So Swordfighter isn't your pick for bottom

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That's what DK's used to call the Kong Cyclone (I think). You know... before Kong Cyclone was an actual move. Tipper jab1 is great, but I'm really bad at recognizing it from regular jab1 (one of my many flaws playing DK as a secondary).

Dtilt (trip) grab>jump>cargo uthrow>Uair is a beautiful thing.

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur - In other news, annoying cousin came over again today for dinner w/family. Of course that ended up with us playing Smash, and then I got the brilliant idea to use 8-player smash to make things more chaotic so that it wasn't clearly obvious that I knew exactly what I was doing. After a bunch of games, it was 12:30 and I wanted to go to sleep. I said last game, 1v1, picked random, and the RNGesus granted me Diddy. Not only that, but the random stage picked granted me Delfino. At that moment, I decided to massacre him.

4 stock game. Kill %'s were 30% (lol transformation), SD (Mac side-B off the edge), 95% (dthrow>uair), and ~60% (dthrow>Dair into the water... Dair>Dair>Dair). I have done my service to the empire. @berserker01
Hahahahaha, good for you man. You will not tell me it wasn't cathartic to hopelessly beat the **** out of an annoying tween boy in Sm4sh, ****storm or not.

Tbh locking someone into the water with Dairs is such a dicky thing to do, but it's oh, so satisfying.

Locke and @Spirst, let's play sometime when I come back. I'm currently visiting my folks for Easter, and will be away until Monday the 6th. Hope you ladies are doing well!

@ Macchiato Macchiato Have you found a main yet, kiddo? @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 HAVE YOU BEEN FEEDING HIM WELL?

Also @Lavani have you missed meeeeeeeeee?~~~

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hahahahaha, good for you man. You will not tell me it wasn't cathartic to hopelessly beat the **** out of an annoying tween boy in Sm4sh, ****storm or not.

Tbh locking someone into the water with Dairs is such a ****y thing to do, but it's oh, so satisfying.

Locke and @Spirst, let's play sometime when I come back. I'm currently visiting my folks for Easter, and will be away until Monday the 6th. Hope you ladies are doing well!

@ Macchiato Macchiato Have you found a main yet, kiddo? @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 HAVE YOU BEEN FEEDING HIM WELL?

Also @Lavani have you missed meeeeeeeeee?~~~
Yes, Zelda is my true main. At the tournament people invited me into a crew because they thought my zelda was amazing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No I've been starving him of the majority of the roster :^)
Isn't this like... child abuse? Time to go to jail, buddy. It'll be fun and you'll be a productive member of society. :p

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
What is a crew anyway?
This has nothing to do with crews (cause honestly I have no idea what people making a "crew" for Sm4sh is like), but I just remembered I wanted to thank you because the other day when I played Spirst and his Greninja it was much easier thanks to fighting you the other day :'D. I hope we can play someday without massive lag, cause you're pretty good, dude!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Everyone does.

edit: now I need to go get a kirby gif brb
How do you think the Kirby/Villager MU plays out? I kind of hate it as Villager because I can't get my slingshots to connect and Kirby has a good grab game which is bad for Villager. /serious

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
This has nothing to do with crews (cause honestly I have no idea what people making a "crew" for Sm4sh is like), but I just remembered I wanted to thank you because the other day when I played Spirst and his Greninja it was much easier thanks to fighting you the other day :'D. I hope we can play someday without massive lag, cause you're pretty good, dude!
Huh, thanks. My connection would probably be a lot better if I had a LAN Adapter, but I can never find one no matter where I look and importing one would take forever because Brazil's mail service is awful.

I dunno how my Greninja measures compared to @Spirst 's but even though I have quite good results with my ninja, I still don't really feel all that confident with him, even if I often have opponents in Anther's Ladder telling me I have an amazing Greninja and the like. I just feel like I'm still doing a lot wrong with the character, which I guess is a good incentive to keep trying to master him.

Maybe I should really try taking part in an online tournament sometime. I'm just afraid my internet is going to break everything. That and most tournaments usually start awfully late in my time.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Huh, thanks. My connection would probably be a lot better if I had a LAN Adapter, but I can never find one no matter where I look and importing one would take forever because Brazil's mail service is awful.

I dunno how my Greninja measures compared to @Spirst 's but even though I have quite good results with my ninja, I still don't really feel all that confident with him, even if I often have opponents in Anther's Ladder telling me I have an amazing Greninja and the like. I just feel like I'm still doing a lot wrong with the character, which I guess is a good incentive to keep trying to master him.

Maybe I should really try taking part in an online tournament sometime. I'm just afraid my internet is going to break everything. That and most tournaments usually start awfully late in my time.

Well, you both play the frog quite different, but thanks to playing you I was more expectant of what he can do. When you and me played I had NO idea what Greninja was about. Like, the whole Shadow Sneak shenanigans, u-tilt landing traps, etc. Spirst is really good, but he's also a bit more mobile than you are, whereas you are a bit more defensive. That's not to say one way is better than the other, just different.

NairWizard

Somewhere
First Swordfighter I ever played belonged to @ Antonykun Antonykun . He did some weird side-b which brought him to the ledge from the blastzone as I was going offstage to Thunder him. I was like, what the heck, what is that move, and immediately and prematurely concluded that Swordfighter was better than dead last on the tier list.

Would have found out more, but apparently he was downloading a water buffalo because the lag overwhelmed us thereafter.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, you both play the frog quite different, but thanks to playing you I was more expectant of what he can do. When you and me played I had NO idea what Greninja was about. Like, the whole Shadow Sneak shenanigans, u-tilt landing traps, etc. Spirst is really good, but he's also a bit more mobile than you are, whereas you are a bit more defensive. That's not to say one way is better than the other, just different.
This reminds me of how Germ and Kronos2560 play Mega Man. Germ is aggressive and weaves back and forth with lemons while Kronos shoots up and down and is more defensive. Same character; different play styles. Hell, look at the Falco video thread and nobody plays the same; Manny abuses Falco's reverse short hop to feint, GimR's aggressive, Pawclaw and Keitaro use Blaster a lot, etc.

Actually when i ever play Duck Hunt i like to pretend @ Ffamran Ffamran is on the dog's back.
But I'm not pink-headed and indigo and white feathered! :p

Do I make witty remarks, complain a lot, and talk about money? And my lisp and talking about how everyone's despicable? :p

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
WHEN FARORE'S WIND DOESN'T SWEETSPOT THE LEDGE AND THE TRASHIEST OF FOR GLORY PLAYERS WINS
:salt:
I don't like teleporting recoveries and assuming Mewtwo will still have one, it will be one of the reasons that I won't be able to main him. I'm a little more used to them after using Palutena/Zelda but I hate learning that I've messed up my input by a smidge and die because of it.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Huh? I play more defensive? Funny, I always thought my Greninja was pretty aggressive, if Spirst's is even more aggressive than mine then oh my.

I still don't have full control over Greninja's mobility, which is why I probably don't look all that mobile with him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sonic's Down Smash isn't intangible or whatever, right? Falco and Fox's are.

Top Bottom