• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So I showed that squirrel gif to a friend and we had the following exchange

Friend: And now you know why feeding squirrels isn't neccesarily a good idea (and they can cause a lot of property damage if they decide to live in your attic too)
Me: Don't feed squirrels or else they'll dropkick you?
Friend: Yes, that is the moral of the story.

I have very silly friends.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I tried out Duck Hunt a few mins ago and I like him. I am ashamed of myself already...

Pretty much me atm. I have no clue how to play this dog yet lol

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
So I showed that squirrel gif to a friend and we had the following exchange

Friend: And now you know why feeding squirrels isn't neccesarily a good idea (and they can cause a lot of property damage if they decide to live in your attic too)
Me: Don't feed squirrels or else they'll dropkick you?
Friend: Yes, that is the moral of the story.

I have very silly friends.
Squirrels are terrifying, man. He's onto something.
and they're super cute, but that's beside the point

Spirst

Am I the only one who sees usernames on here then checks to make sure I'm actually in the Zelda social? It seems like a random new user joins everyday.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Mega Man:

Am I the only one who sees usernames on here then checks to make sure I'm actually in the Zelda social? It seems like a random new user joins everyday.
Been here a couple of days, Kind of like it here anyway.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Mega Man:

You definitely aren't. It made sense when we had a couple new faces after each raid, but there's just a ton of people I don't recognize pouring in these days

Soul.

Okay, new topic for this page. Find a gif that represents playing your character.

Kirby:
A topic like that seems like a better fit for the Smash 4 Social.
edit: oh yeah lmao, image rule

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Got 13th/134 in an online tourney today. Congrats to @ Macchiato Macchiato for getting 5th!

Summary of my matches:
-Beat a Falcon
-Beat a Shulk
-Lost to a Diddy smh
-Beat a Shulk/Falcon
-Beat a Duck Hunt Dog
-Beat a Sonic
-Lost to a Pit/Ness: in our last match the set was 1-1 and he KO'd me first (rule was 2 stocks) and I managed to land a forward smash on him when he was at KO percent so I'd only be down 20% but Ness fell out. He got me up to 60% before I landed another kill move, but I managed to get him to ~80% before the inevitable back-throw came lol. Zelda's smash attacks smh.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I was actually wondering if there's much of an online competitive scene for 3DS.

Not sure if I should participate. o.o

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wow Dakpo's ZSS fell out of Rosalina's fair

Rosalina really is a Zelda clone

Soul.

I was actually wondering if there's much of an online competitive scene for 3DS.

Not sure if I should participate. o.o
3DS has a scene in general lol. Just more prominent online.
Just you wait, people will continue with the ****ty Wii U vs. 3DS arguments.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
3DS has a scene in general lol. Just more prominent online.
Just you wait, people will continue with the ****ty Wii U vs. 3DS arguments.
Dude.

Not even going to go there. I know for a fact that Wii U is superior, I just happen to only own the 3DS version. Although there still is the added bonus of the 3DS's portability being a huge plus.

I'll have to sneak around other threads for the community of online competitive I guess. Looks like a lot of fun.

Soul.

Dude.

Not even going to go there. I know for a fact that Wii U is superior, I just happen to only own the 3DS version. Although there still is the added bonus of the 3DS's portability being a huge plus.

I'll have to sneak around other threads for the community of online competitive I guess. Looks like a lot of fun.
Wii U just happens to be "superior" because we still live in 2001 (apparently) with the GCN controller and HD being an expensive thing at the time. I still love the 3DS johns from YouTube/Twitch though #shotsfired

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Wii U just happens to be "superior" because we still live in 2001 (apparently) with the GCN controller and HD being an expensive thing at the time. I still love the 3DS johns from YouTube/Twitch though #shotsfired
Not saying 3DS is bad in the slightest. I love it, but still can't deny that Wii U has so much more going for it….. besides Smash Tour… and the fact that It's not exactly practical to lug a Wii U and a TV everywhere for a "portable experience".

But people that trash the 3DS version should have shame… so much shame… for they know not what they are doing…

Plus I still need to get my hands on a "New" 3DS. Still stuck with the first model…. which isn't exactly comfortable for playing smash, but still very functional.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
The WiiU is practical because you're able to compete on a big screen with your choice of controllers
Plus you can change tags, that alone makes Smash U infinitely better :^)
I love the 3DS version but I'd much rather play a competitive set on the WiiU
Isn't Luigi good at getting in though? What does Rosa do to beat Luigi?
Luma

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
>When you want to pick up Jigglypuff as a possible co-main but you can't choose a favorite palette because they're all adorable

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
There's also the fact that local is incredibly limited and also rather expensive since everyone needs their own copy of the game…. which for a 4 player match is a grand total of $160. o.o

Soul.

Not saying 3DS is bad in the slightest. I love it, but still can't deny that Wii U has so much more going for it….. besides Smash Tour… and the fact that It's not exactly practical to lug a Wii U and a TV everywhere for a "portable experience".

But people that trash the 3DS version should have shame… so much shame… for they know not what they are doing...
The people that are hating on the 3DS version seriously think everyone has the time to sit on their chair, turn on their Wii U and play the game. lol no.
Personally I'm glad they made a handheld Smash. Thing's been long overdue.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cool, I found this. I might use it, but FlynnCL hasn't been here for a while and the Jab, Utilt, and Fair gifs seem a bit too fast to show off correctly. I love Falco's Up Smash animation, but the issue is that well, yeah, the first hit having issues with knocking people out of the entire move.

FALCO'S MOVES! (with GIFs! ♦VERSION 2.1.04♦ )

Dash Attack (9 - 6%):
♦ It's a long dash attack! A pretty good one too, just... don't hit your opponents shield with it.
♦ Initial hitbox sends at a ~70° angle. Decent set-up into his aerials, but it's not guaranteed. 9%.
♦ Starts to KO around 190%, but you shouldn't let your opponents live that long. You're not Pikachu.
♦ Late hit has lower knockback at a ~30° angle. 6%.

Jab Combo (3 + 2%) > (~1%) > (3%):
♦ Instantaneous with good range and decent damage. Use it lots.
♦ It's possible to miss if an opponent is too close to you, as Falco leans forward during this attack.
♦ Using a solo initial hit can be useful depending on your opponents reaction. Shield? Grab. Jump? Aerial.
♦ Starts to KO around... why is your opponent still alive? ~320%.

Down Tilt (12 - 9%):
♦ Very fast with little ending lag. Slight disjoint at the end of his tail, so it has good range.
♦ Deals more damage and knockback the closer your opponent is.
♦ Surprisingly powerful when close to Falco. Expect KO's starting around 120%.
♦ Another decent set-up into aerials!

Up Tilt (9%):
♦ An up-tilt! It covers a decent arch above you, and can even hit opponents in-front of you! A nice anti-air.
♦ You can sorta juggle opponents with it at low percent. Decent combo potential into his aerials.
♦ KO's at like 160% or something!

Forward Tilt (9%):
♦ Falco leans in and quickly kicks stuff. A lot of range thanks to his long legs. Can be angled.
♦ It's very fast with strict horizontal knockback. I like using it to create space whilst looking cool.
♦ Don't expecting it to kill unless your opponent is above 200%.

Forward Smash (15 - 10%):
♦ It's a lot stronger closer to Falco. Very powerful.
♦ While it has a noticeable amount of start-up and ending lag, it's not too bad.
♦ KO's at like 110%. I mostly use this to punish.

Down Smash (15 - 12%):
♦ Slightly more range behind Falco.
♦ It's really fast, with good power at a nasty trajectory. Effective against roll spam!
♦ Both his legs have equal power, unlike most down-smashes in Smash 4.
♦ Hitting an opponent with Falco's body will send them up slightly. It's a weird sour-spot.
♦ KO's at like 130%, although it can KO much earlier if your opponent has a poor recovery.

Up Smash (16%):
♦ Falco does a stylish, pink covered back flip. It hits twice and appears to have no sour-spot either.
♦ It'll KO around 120%.

Neutral Aerial (12%):
♦ It's like an aerial version of your jab flurry.
♦ Ending it early (by landing) can be useful depending on your opponents reaction. Maybe a grab...
♦ It has about as much KO power as forward-tilt.

Forward Aerial (8%) (2%):
♦ This move is very interesting thanks to Smash 4's reaction to fast-falling multi-hit aerials; using this method off-stage will drag opponents down with you. Destroys any character with bad recovery.
♦ Lasts a relatively long time to cover air-dodges, and will start KO'ing around 140-160%.
♦ Falco lands really awkwardly, so it has a lot of landing lag. There is a landing hitbox which is lovely.

Down Aerial (13 - 8%):
♦ Uh... it makes a "pshwii!" sound when you hit the meteor smash.
♦ You look cool when you kill someone with it.
♦ Noticeable landing lag and start-up lag. Yeah yeah.

Back Aerial (13 - 7%):
♦ Instantaneous. Virtually no landing lag. Comparable to his forward-smash in power. Okay Falco.
♦ The powerful hitbox is extremely shy, and only lasts for like 1 frame. Afterwards is a weak 7% hit.
♦ KO's around 110%.

Up Aerial (11%):
♦ Okay, what's the deal with that body hitbox that has no knockback? It still does 11% too. Odd.
♦ Otherwise, it's got some decent power to it. It has very little landing lag which is nice.
♦ Comparable to up-tilt in KO power. It can KO far earlier if you can hit someone near the ceiling.

Neutral Special (3%):
♦ Short hop laser automatically transitions into a standing laser state.
♦ It has transcendent priority, combined with being a projectile and forcing stun... it really annoys people.

Forward Special (7%):
♦ Grounded Phantasm will stop you at the edge. Aerial Phantasm no longer leaves you helpless!
♦ You can't cancel the Phantasm early. You're stuck with its full length.
♦ It's a relatively weak meteor smash against aerial opponents.
♦ For offense, it's better to use it as soon as you lift the ground. You'll suffer less lag.
♦ This move combos into aerials very nicely.

Down Special (5%):
♦ Falco kicks out his Reflector, covering a huge area in-front with a disjointed hitbox.
♦ Falco's way of telling someone to calm down. It's great against aggressive approaches.
♦ Using it in the air allows you to control your momentum and retreat it.
♦ It can cause tripping at low percent.
♦ Oh yeah, it reflects stuff!

Up Special:
♦ Covers a great distance! Combined with Phantasm and wall-jumps your recovery is very respectable.
♦ You'll go helpless after the move has ended. Your air-speed goes terrible while falling too.
♦ It appears to auto sweet-spot the ledge whenever, so that's nice.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Isn't Luigi good at getting in though? What does Rosa do to beat Luigi?
Luigi is actually terrible at getting in without fireballs. He has some of the worst baiting mechanisms in the game, due to his abyssmal airspeed and acceleration/deceleration, and even further his ground game means very little. Fireballs is actually the only thing that gives his neutral game some worth, because they come out so fast and he can act out of it so quickly that the damage and hitstun behind it is worth it. However, Luma exists so they're blocked. He would actually appreciate Mario's fireballs even if they have a longer recovery.

What makes Luigi so good is his quick grab and throw game because he can just pile on damage in immense bursts, and when he gets going, he gets going. However, Rosalina is light and floaty, meaning she can DI out of his strings, and Luma exists so she can reliably combo break him or even break the grab in general. Even further, Luigi's B-throw does not launch Luma at all. It just makes her flinch. So while Luma is in play, grabbing Rosalina takes an obscene amount of effort. And when you can't grab, Luigi's weaknesses as a character becomes really, really apparent.

Luigi's combo breakers, N-air and Cyclone, also does absolutely nothing vs Rosalina's U-air, so he gets juggled for free.

Luigi is essentially a Ganondorf in this MU and I'd even go as far as to say Ganondorf has a better MU against Rosie than he does.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
The people that are hating on the 3DS version seriously think everyone has the time to sit on their chair, turn on their Wii U and play the game. lol no.
Personally I'm glad they made a handheld Smash. Thing's been long overdue.
Very much so.

I mean I can definitely say it's THAT good, but I think there ARE somethings that people need to consider are better on their respective systems.

Accessability vs. The full experience

Which isn't to say we aren't getting the full experience on 3DS, but I think you get what I'm trying to get at here.

Top Bottom