• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think you're the only Rosalina main that has enough sense to say Falcon has a good MU against Rosalina.
Well, I also would be saying that. But the problem is of course I suck. So I don't know if Captain falcons beating me is because Rosalina is bad against him, I suck, or a combination of the two.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Hey, I think like this too!

Except that's a terrible way to think because lag affects everything. Losing on wifi really doesn't mean anything and you shouldn't let it get to you, even if that part isn't easy to do.
That brings up another problem. I'm afraid of becoming a "Wi-Fi Warrior" and not being able to function in a local match. I've never played a high level local before, not even Brawl. I guess you could say I'm stuck right in the middle...which appears to be the worst possible spot.

EDIT: I guess to summarize you could say that I have no idea what my skill level is.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I never realized how short Fox was...
And where's this from anyway? I keep seeing it, lol.

Oh and I hate Falcon too. I blame:
1. So. Many. Scrub. Falcons. On. FG. :mad: I'm so sick of fighting them, and they're boring to play against.
2. The MU. Ew.
Sorry...:ohwell:
  1. Scrub Falcons don't exist. I refuse to acknowledge their existence.
  2. I still have the replay I saved where I kneed a Zelda...whoops.
No harm at all! :falconmelee:

Soul.

Who do would you say beats Rosalina? I'd probably say :4diddy::4falcon::4metaknight::4sheik::4zss::4fox: :4sonic:and maybe :4rob::4greninja::4pikachu:.

I don't have very wide match-up knowledge, but w/e. However, I do know that R.O.B. is really annoying to fight as Rosalina, but that might just be me. I've never faced/seen a Greninja or Pikachu vs. Rosalina, so I can't comment too much on those two. I'm not too sure if ZSS beats Rosalina, too.

edit:
Imo, Rosalina loses to rushdown characters in general. She's all about being patient and punishing mistakes, but it's hard to do that when your opponent is on top you every second.
Yes, she loses to rushdown characters. I have a replay where I just.. #rekt a Rosalina in FG.
With Falcon. And the knee.
blame it all on me Kappa

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Down by 4. 35 seconds left.

LET'S RUN THE CLOCK DOWN TO 10 SECONDS BEFORE SHOOTING. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA.

Also, the possession where MSU took the lead off the banked hookshot, Louisville double teamed a guy outside of the 3-point line leaving one guy guarding 2 right next to the hoop.

Nah, I'm from Seattle. And I'm a die hard baseball fan (Mariners look quite good as long as we can stay healthy and Austin Jackson returns to form). Felix, Paxton (Poor man's

Matt Harvey's a stud. Mets look good, but... the NL East looks too good in comparison.
The Mets destroyed the Nats 10-1 yesterday though, so that's something at least. Doesn't seem like Yankees have much to show for so far either, so that makes me happy.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Well, I also would be saying that. But the problem is of course I suck. So I don't know if Captain falcons beating me is because Rosalina is bad against him, I suck, or a combination of the two.
At lower levels, the MU variable barely matters unless it's that big of a landslide. For instance, in Brawl, Mario can legitimately auto-lose to D3 due to his infinite, and the MU fully depends on not being grabbed. At a tourney I was at, this player chose D3 to abuse the infinite on me and I 3-stocked him.

So at our levels (I include myself in this), I wouldn't worry about ratios and such. It's much more dependent on player skill.

That brings up another problem. I'm afraid of becoming a "Wi-Fi Warrior" and not being able to function in a local match. I've never played a high level local before, not even Brawl. I guess you could say I'm stuck right in the middle...which appears to be the worst possible spot.

EDIT: I guess to summarize you could say that I have no idea what my skill level is.
Ally started as a Wi-Fi Warrior in Brawl, and I've trained for two months on Smash 4 Wi-Fi until SA started their Smash 4 Wii U scene in January. There's nothing wrong with training on Wi-Fi against good players.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
With Luma I think the matchup is 110-0 in Kirbys favor :^)
well i like nfl

does that count as a sport or no
Yee
I can't even NFL nowadays
I'm a saints fan
And it's just a fire sale down in the big easy :/

Must.not.rant.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Originally, when I got Smash 4, my planned main was going to be Falcon. It just wasn't meant to be sadly.
He's still loads of fun to play, though.
Also, it's been awhile since I even ran into a Falcon on FG. One of the most common characters I run into on FG, however, is Marth and because of this, the Ganondorf vs. Marth MU is one of the MUs I've played the most.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yes, she loses to rushdown characters. I have a replay where I just.. #rekt a Rosalina in FG.
With Falcon. And the knee.
blame it all on me Kappa
But the Rosalina v. Falcon match-up is 80:20 in Rosalina's favor!

You must've played a bad Rosalina, unlike the tournament level Rosalina of our favorite R&L main. :^)

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
With Luma I think the matchup is 110-0 in Kirbys favor :^)

Yee
I can't even NFL nowadays
I'm a saints fan
And it's just a fire sale down in the big easy :/

Must.not.rant.
well im a vikings fan, and somewhat an eagles fan.

the bad team struggle is real though... i feel ya

Soul.

You must've played a bad Rosalina, unlike the tournament level Rosalina of our favorite R&L main. :^)
lmao
wait what do you mean by TL..
oh wait... ****

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Who do would you say beats Rosalina?
I'm probably not the person to ask about MU stuff lol, but...

:4diddy::4sheik::4sonic::4falcon::4pikachu: feel pretty rough to me. Short characters are annoying because jab/usmash whiff them a lot but idk if any other than :4pikachu:and maybe :4olimar:are really losing MUs. I can't tell if she loses to :4fox:or not because I'm just bad at that MU with every character.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The Mets destroyed the Nats 10-1 yesterday though, so that's something at least. Doesn't seem like Yankees have much to show for so far either, so that makes me happy.
Oh, Spring Training optimism. I love it. It really is my favorite time of the season outside of September/October, as every team has a storyline that you can follow & get interested in.

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ - LOL JIMMY GRAHAM. Unger's legit, and I think your team will like him a lot... but I cannot believe that trade was made.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Originally, when I got Smash 4, my planned main was going to be Falcon. It just wasn't meant to be sadly.
He's still loads of fun to play, though.
Also, it's been awhile since I even ran into a Falcon on FG. One of the most common characters I run into on FG, however, is Marth and because of this, the Ganondorf vs. Marth MU is one of the MUs I've played the most.
I actually don't see many Marths on FG. I'm sorta glad, since I've had my fair share of Marths since nearly everyone in my social group mains him. On the other hand, I'm a bit disappointed since Marth is one of the "fairer" characters that I don't hate fighting. Plus the players are generally average or above average.

Except in Brawl. Brawl Marth can go die.

EDIT: I should clarify-my social group was Marth saturated in Brawl. Now it's down to a manageable scale...I think...

EDIT 2: Page dedicated to Brawl Marth hate?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oh, Spring Training optimism. I love it. It really is my favorite time of the season outside of September/October, as every team has a storyline that you can follow & get interested in.

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ - LOL JIMMY GRAHAM. Unger's legit, and I think your team will like him a lot... but I cannot believe that trade was made.
YOU DONT TRADE YOUR BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON TO A CONFERENCE RIVAL FOR A DIRT ROUND PICK AND AN ALL-PRO CENTER THAT IS NOT A NECESSITY
:(
Sure we need an offensive line, but our defense should've been a #1 priority
Don't get me started on those other trades lmao

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Some people on FG lag so bad like wtf. Did these people get their internet from Mcdonalds or what
I actually don't see many Marths on FG. I'm sorta glad, since I've had my fair share of Marths since nearly everyone in my social group mains him. On the other hand, I'm a bit disappointed since Marth is one of the "fairer" characters that I don't hate fighting. Plus the players are generally average or above average.

Except in Brawl. Brawl Marth can go die.

EDIT: I should clarify-my social group was Marth saturated in Brawl. Now it's down to a manageable scale...I think...

EDIT 2: Page dedicated to Brawl Marth hate?
Brawl Marth: One of Zelda's worst nightmares

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm probably not the person to ask about MU stuff lol, but...

:4diddy::4sheik::4sonic::4falcon::4pikachu: feel pretty rough to me. Short characters are annoying because jab/usmash whiff them a lot but idk if any other than :4pikachu:and maybe :4olimar:are really losing MUs. I can't tell if she loses to :4fox:or not because I'm just bad at that MU with every character.
Diddy is probably Rosalina's worst match-up by far. I think even Dabuz said it was like 35-65 Diddy's favor.

I guess I could see MK being even since Rosalina has better range than him, but idk how much that really matters. They can both kill the other pretty early.

Fox can kill Rosalina early with usmash and stuff, so I could see him winning, but Rosalina has a way better edgeguarding game, so idk. I agree that Fox is awful to face in general.

Speaking of Pikachu, I really want to like playing as him but can't. I have no idea why, but he doesn't feel very satisfying to play. He has fun palettes, though.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Diddy is probably Rosalina's worst match-up by far. I think even Dabuz said it was like 35-65 Diddy's favor.

I guess I could see MK being even since Rosalina has better range than him, but idk how much that really matters. They can both kill the other pretty early.

Fox can kill Rosalina early with usmash and stuff, so I could see him winning, but Rosalina has a way better edgeguarding game, so idk. I agree that Fox is awful to face in general.
@Macchiato (And others) claim Zelda beats Rosalina. :^)

Last edited:

Soul.

Speaking of Pikachu, I really want to like playing as him but can't. I have no idea why, but he doesn't feel very satisfying to play. He has fun palettes, though.
I can say the same thing for Rosalina lol. She's a good character, but I can't play her.
Brawl Pikachu is <3. Chain grabs made everything ez.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So I'm browsing through this page and the previous one...
How does Rosa have more bad matchups than pac-man? Lol
But Rosalina can actually kill, so she's higher on the tier list. :^)

@Macchiato (And others) claim Zelda beats Rosalina. :^)
Beats? Imo it's even, but w/e. I wouldn't expect anything else from Macchiato.

edit:
I can say the same thing for Rosalina lol. She's a good character, but I can't play her.
Brawl Pikachu is <3. Chain grabs made everything ez.
I love 64 Pikachu, though. He was so stupid; it was great. He also yells "PIKA" in a really deep voice whenever you use thunder. It's easily the most entertaining thing in the entire game.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Rosa can only kill early with luma, MK can kill her at 90-100 on average unless you're on kongo jungle and battlefield. Despite having range advantage without luma she cannot wall MK out, her frame data is actually pretty meh tbh not like it matters that much.

Her sh nair can get punished with shuttle loop oos too, I kid u not without luma she can't really do much to MK. Luma is needed heavily in this MU but MK has tools to kill Luma, having better ground speed is extremely helpful in some situations. I remember dash attacking a rosa in shield with my lucario(exact same frames on dash attack by the way) and went for luma who got hit, she ended up catching up to me with her dash attack if I went MK she won't be able to do jack.

He styles on her off stage too, but Rosa mains won't have to worry about this MU anyway due to how rare a MK main is. Rosa reaches Lucina level In terms of intimidation without luma.

I can picture 80:20 in Rosalinas favor being posted on that thread in a few weeks or months smh.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Woah
So if you send out your Phantom when Ness is recovering, if his PK Thunder 1 hits it it just disappears and he dies

@Macchiato Phantom Strike would be amazing for edgeguarding Ness. He either gets semispiked by it or his PKT 1 hits the Phantom and he dies
Rosa can only kill early with luma, MK can kill her at 90-100 on average unless you're on kongo jungle and battlefield.
Just wondering, does MK have any kill moves besides fsmash and Shuttle Loop?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Woah
So if you send out your Phantom when Ness is recovering, if his PK Thunder 1 hits it it just disappears and he dies

@Macchiato Phantom Strike would be amazing for edgeguarding Ness. He either gets semispiked by it or his PKT 1 hits the Phantom and he dies

Just wondering, does MK have any kill moves besides fsmash and Shuttle Loop?
Usmash?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

lol, I was so annoyed when I saw that discussion.

Hell, I was annoyed when I read everything in that thread.

Top Bottom