• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Speech class is a nightmare for me. I find the projects we do very stressful and my voice is trash.
When giving a speech and if I'm nervous, I find it easier to just focus on at least one person (preferably several, so it won't seem too creepy lol). This tends to include my teacher too. Sometimes you're not even just looking at them per say, you're kind of looking past them.

Though if your teacher is being really annoying, he/she will probably tell you to make eye contact with everyone.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Guessing you don't know about those Pac man customs tho

Oh, woe is me!
However shall we kill early?:demon:
What customs kill early? The exploding hydrant probably does but idk.

I'm not a big fan of Pac-man's play style, but I do like the character. I used to have a 3D Pac-Man gamecube game and it was awesome. I should buy it again, because I remember having a of fun with it. I also had a 2D Pac-Man game for gameboy that I used to play a lot. Now I need to look up what these games were called, lol.

edit: It was Pac-Man World 2 and I can't find the name of the other.

edit 2: It might've been Pac-Man Collection, but idk.

edit 3: lol Pac-Man World 2 is like $5 on Amazon.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So I'm browsing through this page and the previous one...
How does Rosa have more bad matchups than pac-man? Lol
The characters that Rosalina loses to, she hardly meets in tournament unless it's Diddy, and the characters she loses to aren't significant losses, though I do believe Pikachu runs circles around Rosalina.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
What customs kill early? The exploding hydrant probably does but idk.

I'm not a big fan of Pac-man's play style, but I do like the character. I used to have a 3D Pac-Man gamecube game and it was awesome. I should buy it again, because I remember having a of fun with it. I also had a 2D Pac-Man game for gameboy that I used to play a lot. Now I need to look up what these games were called, lol.
Nah, the exploding hydrant doesn't kill at all. Much to my dismay...

Freaky cherry and strawberry bring the opponent in for a free smash attack or grab, meteor trampoline is a safe spike with a huge hitbox, and freaky key is a z droppable spike.
Then just factor in the huge amount of kill set ups you get once you combine all of your custom specials, and you have a character that can screw you in a different way each stock.

Was that 3D Pac-Man game called Pac-Man world 2 by any chance?

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
lol, I was so annoyed when I saw that discussion.

Hell, I was annoyed when I read everything in that thread.
The Rosa v Mega Man discussion was surprisingly tame. Like... they seemed like normal people.

Also, Kirby vs Rosa, I think, may be slightly in Kirby's favor in a customs environment. Upper cutter too good.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The Rosa v Mega Man discussion was surprisingly tame. Like... they seemed like normal people.

Also, Kirby vs Rosa, I think, may be slightly in Kirby's favor in a customs environment. Upper cutter too good.
Kirby destroys Rosalina in customs, though. Kirby's problems without customs against Rosalina are dumb (easily edgeguarded, can't kill, getting juggled for days, no OoS crap, can't get the OP Luma Shot, etc) but customs fix them all. Kirby vs Rosalina is like MK vs Rosalina but probably easier (in terms of MU ratio).

Actually, OoS Shuttle Loop > OoS Upper Cutter because much easier kill potential at reg percents

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Nah, the exploding hydrant doesn't kill at all. Much to my dismay...

Freaky cherry and strawberry bring the opponent in for a free smash attack or grab, meteor trampoline is a safe spike with a huge hitbox, and freaky key is a z droppable spike.
Then just factor in the huge amount of kill set ups you get once you combine all of your custom specials, and you have a character that can screw you in a different way each stock.

Was that 3D Pac-Man game called Pac-Man world 2 by any chance?
Yeah, that's what the game was. I ****ing loved that game, despite never being able to beat it fully. It's only like $5 on Amazon, so I'll have to buy it soon and replay it.

Pac-Man sounds really fun to play, but I'm not a big fan of his moveset and he has terrible palette swaps. Seriously, they're the worst, bar none. It makes me almost feel bad for him. All of his crazy kill set-ups are cool, though.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Sure! I'll add you now then.
d*ng

i might not be able to. i had to abandon a game earlier today and still have the ten minute ban

you able to play with friends when you have a ban?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And here I am thinking MK was nerfed so hard and had barely any kill moves smh. Ty for the answers everyone
lol no, MK definitely doesn't have issues with killing. If anything I close out stocks earlier with him than Rosalina and Greninja on average.

His main problems are range and a lack of autocancel shorthop aerials. Damage per hit is kind of bleh too, but it only really impacts him trading with things since nearly everything will convert into a combo string of some sort (though you do need to know what strings, he can certainly seem lackluster if you don't know what followups are available to you off any random hit. A 6% dair probably seems weak for its range; a 6% dair that strings into dash attack>shuttle loop for 24% is suddenly a lot better).

That's probably why so many people think the character is bad tbh, when you don't know what moves you can string together his damage output is pretty bad outside of nado and shuttle loop.

Fox can kill Rosalina early with usmash and stuff, so I could see him winning, but Rosalina has a way better edgeguarding game, so idk. I agree that Fox is awful to face in general.
ehh

Rosalina is more afraid of recovering against Fox than Fox is against Rosalina, I think. His dsmash hits way below the stage and can easily kill her if she recovers low; if she recovers high, he has more than enough speed to catch up to her and punish accordingly *coughusmashcough*. I also find punishing a lot of his moves that aren't smashes or dash attack kind of difficult, but that could just be wifi lag. On the flip side, his fall speed makes him take like 30% from Rosa's rapid jab lol, and in spite of what I said earlier if he has to upB he's dying to dair.

But, like I said, I'm just bad at fighting the character in general so I'm very open to the idea I'm just missing things about the MU.

Apparently Giratina-O is being suspect tested for use in OU, lol

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Yeah, that's what the game was. I ****ing loved that game, despite never being able to beat it fully. It's only like $5 on Amazon, so I'll have to buy it soon and replay it.

Pac-Man sounds really fun to play, but I'm not a big fan of his moveset and he has terrible palette swaps. Seriously, they're the worst, bar none. It makes me almost feel bad for him. All of his crazy kill set-ups are cool, though.
If you want to play Pac-Man, you have to be more creative than every game HAL's ever made

That's why only 4 good Pac-Man mains exist

---

#gitlagged

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
MEANWHILE AT SMOGON

Smogon is weird. They put things that are completely fine in Uber, but then they do things like this.

Oh hey, imagine how chaotic and unplayable it would be if we played smash with the same tiers we use for Pokémon. That would be interesting to do for a day or two.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

Yeah, that really came out of the blue lol. Tbh though, it is sort of manageable (though still on the edge of being broken). I hope we see more retests for certain Uber Pokemon like this in the future. #FreeGenesect

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
As someone that hasn't followed the ORAS meta it seems really out of left field, but I'm told it's because it's a blanket check to a lot of prevalent threats while still being manageable (supposedly).

Which...kind of makes me wonder why Giratina-O and not #FreeAegislash but I'm not going to pretend to know how either matches up in the current OU metagame.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

Their thought process is:

-I out-range you. Therefore I win. 70:30 lololololol.
-You out-range me? ****, 50:50. lolololol.
-We lose to Diddy because Dabuz said so.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
If you want to play Pac-Man, you have to be more creative than every game HAL's ever made

That's why only 4 good Pac-Man mains exist
The room for creativity is the best part!! ^^

I guess that's why some pac-man mains find him draining lol. I wonder how many of them will stick with him, because it seems like a few of them are looking for something more straightforward.

Well it's a good thing I'm a big weirdo and need uniqueness in my characters. Characters like diddy bore me after the 2nd match :tired:

Spirst

I guess that's why some pac-man mains find him draining lol. I wonder how many of them will stick with him, because it seems like a few of them are looking for something more straightforward.

Well it's a good thing I'm a big weirdo and need uniqueness in my characters. Characters like diddy bore me after the 2nd match :tired:
Playing Pacman has honestly turned me off from a lot of other characters. I try to play them and I just find them extremely dull after one or two games since Pacman has a good amount of depth and is way more fun to me. There's so many different things you can do each game.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039

I love to play every character (except Zelda........), but Pac is by far the funniest to play with because of that aspect. That's why I'm kind of maining him now, and why I'll continue to play him in the future. I think a lot of people who are turned off by him are simply because they don't know the character well enough.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Pac-Man's smile and being happy whenever even when he's drowning makes me laugh.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Speaking of Rosalina, i've been seeing a lot of her on For Glory. Also i've come to the conclusion that my Toon Link is better than my Rosalina.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
She's not a main anymore, but this gif is too perfect not to use.

Zelda:
tumblr_mwqudfCDLQ1s6zpepo1_400.gif

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm curious to what gif someone would use to describe Mario in this game.

ROFL that Rosaluma gif is PERFECT!

Last edited:
Top Bottom