• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
What's all the hubbub with voices and what not? Well I mean a Skype group may or may not kill the thread...

It's not too guaranteed. Might be cool though. I'm fairly confident in my voice. Not over the Internet though where it gets incredibly distorted.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was actually rather surprised to see how close that match was even with the Order Tackle glitch. Seems like it isn't the easiest thing in the world to set up, and even when it does get set up all it takes is the pikmin dying to undo the effort.

Still hilarious to see in action though.

Soul.

Real quick ppl, has anyone in the CLASH Tournaments stream talked about a "spring update with Mewtwo"?
>When I hear people's voices on Skype, female or male

>When I hear my own voice recordings

Why don't we hear each other's voices and make a Skype group--

... Let's not go there.
**** Skype brah

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I was actually rather surprised to see how close that match was even with the Order Tackle glitch. Seems like it isn't the easiest thing in the world to set up, and even when it does get set up all it takes is the pikmin dying to undo the effort.

Still hilarious to see in action though.
Honestly I don't think they were taking that match seriously because I know for a fact that high level players do not keep tabs on these things (Dabuz and Zero are some of the few top level players that actually actively look for information online). They were really looking to just show that off because they knew they were the better players by a significant margin. I'm sure things would've went more smoothly for the Order Tackle team if they knocked them off stage and Fox stopped SDing.

That said, it is hilarious and I enjoyed that match.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Idk I should ask, but one of the best DDDs are there. Gyo from TL is there.
Serious note: Being in a crew is amazing, but there can be implications tied to that as well. I suggest getting more information before giving an answer and see if their goals line up with yours.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Dammit @ Lavani Lavani , I didn't get the Ness joke for a good 2 minutes and was about to ask you.

Crews are legit. The problem with online crews are that you play vs other online crews and online can be lol.

#louisville

D

Deleted member

>When I hear people's voices on Skype, female or male

>When I hear my own voice recordings

Why don't we hear each other's voices and make a Skype group--

... Let's not go there.
I asked a Skype contact to give me a voice sample (I gave mine to the person) last year. They neglected. I got rekt.
Sort of unrelated, I know.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is there a reason why FG has a love affair with Captain Falcon?

Also F*CK NESS

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Straightforward character with large, hard-hitting attacks + high speed that does well in lag.

That and he's Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Show me your moves before starting the match.
Dittos are fun.
lol Mother
Good natured :4falcon: dittos is the [only] best thing about FG.

Also F*CK NESS
:4littlemac: cheated on FG with For Fun, :4link: never listened, and :4diddy: was just plain bananas.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
College Basketball is so frustrating.
So.
Frustrating.

Not that anyone cares or was watching here. >.> #doesanyonesport

Time to Pikmin 3.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Macchiato Macchiato

Not sure what the first cancel in this gif can be used for...the second one gets cut off but it cancels off the platform. You have to hold down to do it and doing it while running off of a platform makes you go farther and SD so...also situational.

Pretty much just like the teleport cancel off of the top Battlefield platform

Like the side platform on Battlefield. You can do it on any of the layouts that have platforms on the side

YAY MORE LEDGE OPTIONS. Also like the Battlefield side platforms
I didn't even know these were possible...good stuff! I'm never playing your Zelda ever now
You should take over that Farore's Cancel thing I had gotten lazy and stopped doing going on in the Fairy Fountain.
LOL this very accruately describes the Zelda mirror. It's like

"ok I'm just gonna stand or dash dance or jump around while you approach me"
"hahaha nooo you come approach me!"
"nooo nooo you approach me!"
"NO you approach me!"
"NO YOU APPROACH ME NOW"
"OK THAT'S IT I'M GOING TO DOWN TAUNT YOU"
"OOOOH NO YOU DIDN'T...!!"
Can I please put this in my sig? LOL.
I'm WAY worse in For Glory than I am when I play at locals. That lag really kills ya.

Also, people are ****s. Just ignore them. Local tournaments are the exact opposite of For Glory. All of (or most of) the players are friendly, no lag which means less fraudulent BS, and it's an experience because you're playing in front of people.

So yeah, don't make it hard for yourself. It's easy dude :)
The problem I have is losing on FG. I want to go to tournaments, but if I can't even beat someone online, then how the heck am I supposed to be able to compete at a real tourney? :ohwell:

What's with people thinking calm characters with a sorrowful quality have no personality? :4zelda::rosalina::4lucina::4samus: are always claimed to have "no personality" >_>
This happens to me irl....people think just because I'm quiet and don't talk much I don't have a personality. It's kinda irritating since most of those people hardly know anything about me.
It's worse when you're a girl and you know they're paying attention, even if they may pretend they don't <.<

But yeah, it sucks. I don't know how you guys would manage if you had to deliver a speech or something in class lol
Speech class is a nightmare for me. I find the projects we do very stressful and my voice is trash.
No you said he he was betmen.

I find good players on For Glory, they beat me pretty well because I take time to adapt, but then they leave after one match. Happened with a Little Mac and a Bowser last night. I was mad, I wanted to play them more.

Then I ran into a good Kirby player. Screw the Villager/Kirby MU.

Brawl was partially rated T because if Wario's crotch-poking pummel. I think it's still in but I've heard he now pokes their belly.
Glad to see this isn't uncommon. I have the same problem with getting beat a lot in the beginning, but then adapting after the second or third match and winning most of them from there. There was this person who used Falcon and Sheik (worst MUs yep) and they bodied me the first match. The matches started going from even to me 2 stocking them. It makes me realize that I'm not that bad of a player, lol.
I can't believe that someone hasn't posted the Zelda version that Nammy made of the joke thing

:awesome:

I'm turning into @kaazers with these monster posts...

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Show me your moves before starting the match.
Dittos are fun.
lol Mother
Captain Falcon is definitely in my "Top 5 Characters That I Dislike in Smash" list. He'd probably be like #2 or 3.
I just don't like him. And his taunts are stupid.

Straightforward character with large, hard-hitting attacks + high speed that does well in lag.

That and he's Captain Falcon.
I faced a few CFs on FG earlier and the lag was so bad that I couldn't even block/punish falcon kick. It was awful :'(
Also, it feels like he beats Rosalina, so it just makes things even more difficult.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Well this is close to my voice, it'll make u moist i promise.

Its like Pikachu being the face of pokeymanchild but Lucario's the face of fighting in pokeymanchild(pokken).

Mario's the face of Smash but Falcon is the coolest,most badass,most well known character. A 39 year old hotblooded man wearing two gloves and a helmet while shouting 'TOH TOWA TOTOTO TREH TOH' how can we not love him?

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
So.
Frustrating.

Time to Pikmin 3.
Not to brag but...

MSU WIN!

... The more I watch, more I care about College Basketball...

Make it STAHP...

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So.
Frustrating.

Time to Pikmin 3.
I've been watching the Mets in spring training. I'm praying that they don't end up crashing and burning as usual. But you're English iirc, so what do you care.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Captain Falcon is definitely in my "Top 5 Characters That I Dislike in Smash" list. He'd probably be like #2 or 3.
I just don't like him. And his taunts are stupid.
Good, good. Let the hate flow through you.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Good, good. Let the hate flow through you.
I never realized how short Fox was...
And where's this from anyway? I keep seeing it, lol.

Oh and I hate Falcon too. I blame:
1. So. Many. Scrub. Falcons. On. FG. :mad: I'm so sick of fighting them, and they're boring to play against.
2. The MU. Ew.
Sorry...:ohwell:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I faced a few CFs on FG earlier and the lag was so bad that I couldn't even block/punish falcon kick.
Like I said, does well in lag. Falcon Kick, Raptor Boost, dash attack, and dash grab are all just win buttons in an environment where the opponent can't react to them.

Also, it feels like he beats Rosalina, so it just makes things even more difficult.
It's definitely not her best matchup, that's for sure. I don't think Rosa loses it too badly though, both characters can destroy each other hard, just...Falcon also destroys Luma hard which makes it harder for her to destroy him back.

The problem I have is losing on FG. I want to go to tournaments, but if I can't even beat someone online, then how the heck am I supposed to be able to compete at a real tourney? :ohwell:
Hey, I think like this too!

Except that's a terrible way to think because lag affects everything. Losing on wifi really doesn't mean anything and you shouldn't let it get to you, even if that part isn't easy to do.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Not to brag but...

MSU WIN!

... The more I watch, more I care about College Basketball...

Make it STAHP...
Down by 4. 35 seconds left.

LET'S RUN THE CLOCK DOWN TO 10 SECONDS BEFORE SHOOTING. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA.

Also, the possession where MSU took the lead off the banked hookshot, Louisville double teamed a guy outside of the 3-point line leaving one guy guarding 2 right next to the hoop.

I've been watching the Mets in spring training. I'm praying that they don't end up crashing and burning as usual. But you're English iirc, so what do you care.
Nah, I'm from Seattle. And I'm a die hard baseball fan (Mariners look quite good as long as we can stay healthy and Austin Jackson returns to form). Felix, Paxton (Poor man's

Matt Harvey's a stud. Mets look good, but... the NL East looks too good in comparison.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Guess I'm posting in color messages from now on.

But yeah. I can deal with my voice but public speaking? Pffffft. So much stuttering.

It's like I'm trying to type something and autocorrect keeps replacing what I want to say with random stuff. That's my speech pattern.

I mean like what the duck autocorrect?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm ranked 11 in San Antonio's Power Rankings and I still lose in FG sometimes. Lag Johns aside, it's not something that should be taken seriously. Remember when CT had that online tournament and top ranked players would walk off and SD and play random characters? Yeah.

It's definitely not her best matchup, that's for sure. I don't think Rosa loses it too badly though, both characters can destroy each other hard, just...Falcon also destroys Luma hard which makes it harder for her to destroy him back.
I think you're the only Rosalina main that has enough sense to say Falcon has a good MU against Rosalina.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Who do would you say beats Rosalina? I'd probably say :4diddy::4falcon::4metaknight::4sheik::4zss::4fox: :4sonic:and maybe :4rob::4greninja::4pikachu:.

I don't have very wide match-up knowledge, but w/e. However, I do know that R.O.B. is really annoying to fight as Rosalina, but that might just be me. I've never faced/seen a Greninja or Pikachu vs. Rosalina, so I can't comment too much on those two. I'm not too sure if ZSS beats Rosalina, too.

edit:
Well, I also would be saying that. But the problem is of course I suck. So I don't know if Captain falcons beating me is because Rosalina is bad against him, I suck, or a combination of the two.
Imo, Rosalina loses to rushdown characters in general. She's all about being patient and punishing mistakes, but it's hard to do that when your opponent is on top you every second.

Last edited:
Top Bottom