• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Luigi is actually terrible at getting in without fireballs. He has some of the worst baiting mechanisms in the game, due to his abyssmal airspeed and acceleration/deceleration, and even further his ground game means very little. Fireballs is actually the only thing that gives his neutral game some worth, because they come out so fast and he can act out of it so quickly that the damage and hitstun behind it is worth it. However, Luma exists so they're blocked. He would actually appreciate Mario's fireballs even if they have a longer recovery.

What makes Luigi so good is his quick grab and throw game because he can just pile on damage in immense bursts, and when he gets going, he gets going. However, Rosalina is light and floaty, meaning she can DI out of his strings, and Luma exists so she can reliably combo break him or even break the grab in general. Even further, Luigi's B-throw does not launch Luma at all. It just makes her flinch. So while Luma is in play, grabbing Rosalina takes an obscene amount of effort. And when you can't grab, Luigi's weaknesses as a character becomes really, really apparent.

Luigi's combo breakers, N-air and Cyclone, also does absolutely nothing vs Rosalina's U-air, so he gets juggled for free.

Luigi is essentially a Ganondorf in this MU and I'd even go as far as to say Ganondorf has a better MU against Rosie than he does.
Yikes. I never though the matchup would be so bad.

Thank you for responding though! <3

NairWizard

Somewhere
If by regular, you mean assign an overseer upon annexation, yes!

Basically, my want is that, much like Crimea, even though you're all technically the Zelda boards, you'll identify as Ganons so we can just invade.

Давайте, товарищи!
Are you invading, or being invaded?

I summon @A2ZOMG @Thinkaman @ Shaya Shaya @ san. san. (why is your name not just 3 letters, san?) @DanGR @Amazing Ampharos and @Nobie

I don't know if you guys already post here, or whether you'll care, but, you know what, screw making sense. Welcome to the hornet's nest.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The correct choice is the bow. Bow for Pros.
Bow is one I've been using, but I went through the other ones and they all look good. Bow also makes Jiggly really pale, which is a good look for her.

Do what I do with Rosalina and just use all of them.
I would, but I have this weird thing where I have to have a "favorite" palette that I use most of the time. I still use other palettes, but I like to have one that I always go back to.

Speaking of Rosalina palettes, I hated the green one and thought it was her worst palette until I got the Wii U version. It's definitely not her best palette, but I really like it. I almost settled on pink lol.

The Jiggly palettes I'm deciding between now (in order of likelihood that I'd use it):

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Bow is one I've been using, but I went through the other ones and they all look good. Bow also makes Jiggly really pale, which is a good look for her.

I would, but I have this weird thing where I have to have a "favorite" palette that I use most of the time. I still use other palettes, but I like to have one that I always go back to.

Speaking of Rosalina palettes, I hated the green one and thought it was her worst palette until I got the Wii U version. It's definitely not her best palette, but I really like it. I almost settled on pink lol.

The Jiggly palettes I'm deciding between now (in order of likelihood that I'd use it):
Serena Jiggly.

Just sayin'.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't play wifi except for friendlies because my dumb internet DCs when I get a phone call (which happens a lot :/)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There weren't enough characters or it was taken over by a bot or something. "San" is best.

What is this about?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeeeeees. I love Hibicus, Nurse, and Serena all equally. But yeah:

Like, Lavani, I just alternate a lot.
Phoebe's hibiscus would be the best palette, but it turns her an ugly dark pink/reddish color and that ruins it for me. The others are all good, though. Nurse Joy is the one I'll probably end up using but idk.

With Rosalina palettes, I use green like 80% of the time, but I also like to use pink, gold, and purple. I don't like the others too much.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
>Is on FG
>Finishes a tense match with a decent Yoshi player
>Internet drops the ball and gives me a communication error
Welp, looks my internet isn't having any of that tonight! Ugh... :glare:
It's always with the decent/good players that this happens...
Either I get DC'd, they get DC'd, or a lag fest occurs.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
There weren't enough characters or it was taken over by a bot or something. "San" is best.

What is this about?
We're going to convert you to Zelda and make you her #1 rep.

Or something.

Watching Aftershock makes me feel bad for Dabuz. He truly looks stumped against Zero's Diddy.
He seems pretty stumped at the matchup in general. He was struggling even with Olimar at Shockwave the other day...and if I remember right actually did better with Rosalina?

I hope he figures things out, I'd rather see him beat the monkey menace ;_;

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Smogon is suspect testing Giratina-O?
What the **** were they thinkin---
Wait wat why?
Where's the logic in that? Why would Smogon do that of all things?

Edit: Also, yay! First post on the page!
I would do a Xenoblade reference, but eh, too bored to do so.

Last edited:

Soul.

Wait wat why?
Where's the logic in that? Why would Smogon do that of all things?
After removing from the metagame numerous offensive powerhouses, we realized that the time had come to invert the course. Presently, the OU metagame is stale and the abundance of defensively oriented teams led us to believe that a mixed attacker with great defensive and offensive typing will probably give back some vivacity to the tier. Right at the beginning of the X/Y era, many people suggested that Giratina-Origin shouldn't have been included in the initial banlist. Its base statistics are on par with those of several other Pokémon who characterize the current OU metagame and the fact that it's forced to run Griseous Orb makes Giratina-O a relatively predictable threat. Likewise, according to top players of the caliber of @McMeghan, Giratina-O's 150/100/100 defenses will help balanced teams deal with threats such as Charizard-Y, Landorus-I and Serperior.
You know, I noticed recently you've been cutting your sentences off. At least, thats what it looks like. Can I ask why?
just trying to be hilarious. idk tbh

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
He seems pretty stumped at the matchup in general. He was struggling even with Olimar at Shockwave the other day...and if I remember right actually did better with Rosalina?

I hope he figures things out, I'd rather see him beat the monkey menace ;_;
Against Denti I believe he went Olimar but got figured out and had to switch to Rosalina after that. Against Zero he went all Rosalina IIRC.

Well he figured out Denti just now, and he by far has the most experience against Zero's Diddy, so he has the best shot.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I avoid this place because I personally believe Zelda is at least top 50 in this game and cannot stand the self-defeatist nature of their mains.
:p
That's still pretty high
Lucas, Ice Climbers, K Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee and Impa are waaay better than :4zelda: :^)

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
we've been disappointed with Zelda three games in a row, it wouldn't surprise me if she sucks in the next patch/game as well
Besides, the only game she's considered viable in is Project M.
An unofficial game is fully capable of having the best Zelda in Smash than any of the official Smash games.
Now that's just sad...
EDIT: Yes, there's also Brawl Minus, but everyone's hilariously broken in that mod, so I don't really think that counts.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I avoid this place because I personally believe Zelda is at least top 50 in this game and cannot stand the self-defeatist nature of their mains.
Then who is 51?
...It's Swordfighter isn't it?

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I don't believe I've seen your opinion on Zelda, mind elaborating? There's been talk of some of her positive qualities and how she's the best worst character in the series (worst consolation prize ever), but afaik neither the CCI or the Zelda Social can really come up with anyone she's better than.

Oh, and about the second part, @ Macchiato Macchiato :smirk:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It's nice to ban Zelda. Sometimes, we have to remove the trash and flood tourneys with Curious George and Space Elsa. :4wario2:

Top Bottom