• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Either having a stream running in the background while playing For Glory killed my connection or the dude ragequit. First match was a Falco ditto, then a 2-stock against his Mario still as Falco. The screen went black after the match ended and it said "Connection Error" or something. Yeah, either my connection borked or he ragequit. Considering that he taunted after catching me with his Falco's fully charged Side Smash which I ran into... again... and then me winning the match from a stock deficit and 2-stocking him later, eh. Salty Roll Glory.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So, I've heard this from you before, and I feel this way every so often myself, so I can understand where one would come from with this claim,

but what I've never heard is "who is she theoretically better than that puts her in this position?"

I don't see her being the absolute worst character, but I struggle to think of characters I could definitively say she's better than; a lot of characters are still rather underdeveloped, which leaves me feeling that her kill power and good disadvantage state only make her seem better than them for now.

I've joked in this thread several times that mid tier is the lowest tier in this game, but in all honestly I don't feel like there's a character that feels low tier, they'd only end up there because someone has to - even the memetic "worst character" Mii Swordfighter's had people questioning if he's really that bad after recent tournament results.
Well, at least some of us are starting to think that she isn't the worst character in the game. :p

SPREAD IT.
------------
Pretty bummed about the Zelda Wii U delay, but I would rather have a delayed, quality game than something like AC: Unity. I have backup games, so I think I'll be ok.
------------
My Smash Soundtrack CD arrived yesterday! No more going to YouTube for songs, haha.
/deardiary

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Is Super Smash Flash 2 a good game? Could be fun to devote a bit of time in to as an extra Smash game.
Yes, it's legit good. :) I honestly hope that Smashboards gives it a subforum once Beta or the full version is released.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ty based God
Ok I'm on my phone so have mercy.
I recently faced off against a friend of mine who is learning MK idk if that means anything.
  • Both chars have about the same range, Which really really sucks for Swordfighter.
  • MK gameplan of sit menacingly works because of Swordfighters poor approach
  • Swordfighter can actually combo MK. U-tilt to 1-2 jabs to grab works at low percents
  • I feel lucky to land a U-air on MK because of his sexy disadvantage
  • Swordfighter should not be trying to edgeguard at non lethal percents MK laughs at that.
  • Swordfighter b-air is not something to be challenged instead punish the endlag
  • Mk should very careful of YOLO f-smash as those kill him at fraudulent percents

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I still don't get what does advantage/disadvantage even mean
Advantage: when your opponents options are heavily limited
Disadvantage: when your options are heavily limited.
MK has great disadvantage becase height plus jumps plus DC means he can quickly reset to neutral.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
if anyone on the 3ds wants to play, im free. it might be slightly laggy, im not sure, but im willing to risk it.

#bringingrelevancetothisthreadsince2015

Soul.

Advantage: when your opponents options are heavily limited
Disadvantage: when your options are heavily limited.
MK has great disadvantage becase height plus jumps plus DC means he can quickly reset to neutral.
OH
and the neutral is...both?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
OH
and the neutral is...both?
Neutral is when both players have all their options available to them. You generally want to go from neutral to advantage real quick which MK does well.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
It's always nice to see a "friend" disband a call as soon as you join, and decline you from joining a room that your other friends are in
even worse when you lose to that person, because they suck
I'm a sad panda now :sadsheep:
BUFF•DIDDY
BAN•MACCHIATO :troll:
You know, I just gave Kirby a chance and I'm starting to like him.
Joooiiiiin us

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Just fought a really good Link on For Glory. All I can think is that when Romani called him "Grasshoper", she was RIGHT. It's just jumping, jumping, jumping and jumping against. Really hard to read, as it's "SAFE ATTACKS ONLY".

I'm REALLY glad that's I've been able to beat him (it was 50% win 50% loss)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
D1's commentary is making me mad

Luma's rapid jab doesn't kill. Critter didn't DI out of it, that was the direction it normally sends in

Comparing Palutena's Lightweight to Shulk's SMASH art (wat), calling Jump Glide "Jump Fly", being all surprised that someone knew about Palutena's dthrow>nair>uair like it's some secret combo, and only bothering to comment on how Super Speed can combo into bair on hit and just leaving out all the other options with the move (doesn't he play this character?)

Wondering aloud during commentary why a Greninja wasn't doing dtilt>fair (protip: that doesn't combo and the opponent has years to react to it)

oh and now I guess we're eating a chicken nugget on stream instead of watching the match.

Just...if you're going to talk about the characters in your commentary, could you at least know about them instead of just throwing out misinformation?

Also legit Rosalina mirrors. I love that mirror match so much.

I still don't get what does advantage/disadvantage even mean
I'll give a different spin on it compared to the others:

Neutral is when both players are trying to get in, playing footsies, etc. Quite literally a neutral state where both players are trying to make something happen.
Advantage is when you have the upper hand (juggling, edgeguarding, etc)
Disadvantage is of course the opposite (being juggled, recovering, etc)

Soul.

I'll give a different spin on it compared to the others:

Neutral is when both players are trying to get in, playing footsies, etc. Quite literally a neutral state where both players are trying to make something happen.
Advantage is when you have the upper hand (juggling, edgeguarding, etc)
Disadvantage is of course the opposite (being juggled, recovering, etc)

wait
footsies is like, using safe moves to space?
I dunno

Time for Pikachu!!

View attachment 44577
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

Last edited:
Top Bottom