• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's not necessary imo. In most case it's just someone who just begin to play custom on and love his set even if it's bad. Usually in a couple of days they change their mind. Sometimes their set are really good and a discussion is needed. And weeklies sometimes autorise 3ds.
If, if, if, if none of this thing happen, there is an issue, but until then no worries woolies.
In a lot of cases, probably.

Then we have characters like Mario and Rosalina that could very easily make more than 10 viable sets - hell, Rosalina's current sets don't even have representation for Power Luma Shot or Launch Star Attack and we have someone who will actually be going to EVO upset about this because he uses both. I can think of multiple sets sets people would want to use for those two characters - and others - that didn't end up in the project.

EDIT:
And weeklies sometimes autorise 3ds.
I'm only talking about nationals, which are too big to afford the timesink involved in letting people import their own sets. Smaller tournaments should allow 3DS importing and shouldn't have any issues with customs.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 @ Lozjam Lozjam @Spirst one of yew wanna play?
HOW CAN I EVEN THINK OF PLAYING SMASH AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!
E3 Hype is dead!
Nintendo lost it's holiday title!
Xenoblade X will probably be pushed back to November despite it coming out next month!
Star Fox Wii U probably won't come out this year either, and if it does it would be insanely rushed and not a good game!
We still don't have Mewtwo!
Wii U will never be able to surface!
Nintendo is changing into the mobile market!
We don't have any tale of a metroid game!
Mario Party 10 sucks balls!
Nintendo can't properly stock anything!
There is now very little to look forward to in 2015!
Zelda Wii U probably won't be on Wii U!
MM3D was extremely watered-down!

THE ONLY ****ING BRIGHT LIGHT IS SPLATOON! THATS ALL WE HAVE TO INDUCE HYPE RIGHT NOW! THATS IT! THATS IT! THATS IT!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Farorae

Smash Ace
HOW CAN I EVEN THINK OF PLAYING SMASH AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!
E3 Hype is dead!
Nintendo lost it's holiday title!
Xenoblade X will probably be pushed back to November despite it coming out next month!
Star Fox Wii U probably won't come out this year either, and if it does it would be insanely rushed and not a good game!
We still don't have Mewtwo!
Wii U will never be able to surface!
Nintendo is changing into the mobile market!
We don't have any tale of a metroid game!
Mario Party 10 sucks balls!
Nintendo can't properly stock anything!
There is now very little to look forward to in 2015!
Zelda Wii U probably won't be on Wii U!
MM3D was extremely watered-down!

THE ONLY ****ING BRIGHT LIGHT IS SPLATOON! THATS ALL WE HAVE TO INDUCE HYPE RIGHT NOW! THATS IT! THATS IT! THATS IT!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
Relax. It's a delay...yeah it sucks but it's still gonna come onto wii u. It's better that they delay it and make it a good game than have it come out in 2015 and suck.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
first world problems

nintendo should just go back to making NES/SNES games, that's what they did best imo

but I'll never get that level of quality from anything but indie games these days

Latte

Smash Ace
Agehsashasgdaijk college planning is ugly
nintendo should just go back to making NES/SNES games, that's what they did best imo

but I'll never get that level of quality from anything but indie games these days
Nominating Lavani for Zelda Social Grandpa
Yikes.

I am NOT having a good day…
:^)
seriusli tho, hope your day gets better, pal

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

can someone make a dark pit version of that gif? thatd be godlike

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
well thats enuff for mii
Well that was an eye opener… I can easily 2 stock randoms on one on one….

And then get my butt handed to me on a silver platter. Nice job XD

Lol. Thanks for that dude.

Actually my day's been fine…

Kind of off my rocker at the moment when it comes to smash though…. o.o

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
first world problems

When someone linked a video to MK's mach tornado in superstar in the CCI thread I got excited. But then it wasn't SNES and I felt old.

Have you played Shovel Knight/is it worth getting?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
When someone linked a video to MK's mach tornado in superstar in the CCI thread I got excited. But then it wasn't SNES and I felt old.
I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE THANK GOD

Have you played Shovel Knight/is it worth getting?
I have not, actually! It's been on my backlog for awhile, but I haven't been enthused about starting it after having the game spoiled watching speedruns of it (entirely my fault, oh well). The game looks quite good to me though, I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

As long as I'm talking retro-style games with a Mega Man main, have you played Mega Man Unlimited? Amazingly well-done fangame, would recommend to any Mega Man fan. It also has a version specifically to cater to speedrunners with some bugs unpatched and an in-game timer added, if that's your thing.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Tilk Tilk just though I'd let you know, double posting is technically against the rules. (Though generally less frowned upon in here.) I've merged your posts, but please keep that in mind for future postings. ^^

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So, I'll be honest... I'm not a huge Mega Man fan. Definitely not as much as most of the Mega Man boards (which is why I rarely post in the social except about random Smash mega man stuff). I didn't play X until college and only played Mega Man on friends' games. Until he was announced and I went on a Mega Man binge and played 1-3 and then battle networks 1-3 (because I had fond memories of that game).

I love platformers/grew up on Super Mario All-Stars/Kirby Super Star, and enjoyed Mega Man's games. His play style/moveset/platformer like physics are what drew me to the character. When the demo came out, I had no preconceived notions of who I was going to main, but then I realized that none of the computers had an answer to AAA utilt.
They still don't

I play platformers like a speedrunner, constantly running forward and making ridiculous leaps of faith assuming I'll land on stuff because of the sheer fact that platformers are meant to be speedran, but I don't really find optimizing times in a platformer that exciting. Meanwhile, I find speedrunning Pikmin games to be absurdly addictive and fun. There's been talk about MMU in the MM social, but I might actually take a look at it with your recommendation. I too have a backlog of games :/

In no order: Shovel Knight, Xenoblade 3DS, Bravely Default, Pikmin 2, FE: Sacred Stones (emulator), FE: Awakening, Paper Mario TYD, replay FF7, Battleblock Theater, finish Borderlands 2... f*ck me.

Edit: DKCR, DKC TF are very high on my list as well... Along with replaying Skyward Sword, finishing Nintendo Land, Replaying the Metroid Prime series... it keeps going...

Edit harder: F*ck. All the Elsa avatars reminded me I need to play Mario Galaxy 2.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2

What characters does MK struggle against? Wondering because I wanna see how all three Kirby reps collide with their MU charts.
im going to say right off the bat sanic. i cant stand to play against sanic as mk (or really any other character) even if its cpu. its just bleh.

dun kurr if it wasnt directed at me lol

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
As long as I'm talking retro-style games with a Mega Man main, have you played Mega Man Unlimited? Amazingly well-done fangame, would recommend to any Mega Man fan. It also has a version specifically to cater to speedrunners with some bugs unpatched and an in-game timer added, if that's your thing.
The one thing that bothers me in Unlimited is that the stages feel longer that they should. Plus Rainbow Man's stage is pain.

Though remembering of force beams made me remember just how silly Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel's first Iris stage was with them.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
@ Tilk Tilk just though I'd let you know, double posting is technically against the rules. (Though generally less frowned upon in here.) I've merged your posts, but please keep that in mind for future postings. ^^
My Bad. >.< two thoughts in different time spans. I'll keep that in mind though from now on.
Thanks!

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 looks like tomorrow evening for matches won't work since I'm going to be at work longer than I originally planned. I will have some time midday available.

Somehow I've been getting more used to Zelda. UThrow is my preferred combo starter actually, not DThrow.
As a combo-starter, Dthrow functions across a larger percent range than Uthrow does.

But yeah, Uthrow is massively satisfying, dealing a nice 11% for some reason.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, this music, yo! Where are they from?! Lavani Lavani !!! :p
Third match is an arrange of Mystic Oriental Dream ~ Ancient Temple, but again I dunno who it's by.

don't know any of the others.

So, I'll be honest... I'm not a huge Mega Man fan. Definitely not as much as most of the Mega Man boards (which is why I rarely post in the social except about random Smash mega man stuff). I didn't play X until college and only played Mega Man on friends' games. Until he was announced and I went on a Mega Man binge and played 1-3 and then battle networks 1-3 (because I had fond memories of that game).

I love platformers/grew up on Super Mario All-Stars/Kirby Super Star, and enjoyed Mega Man's games. His play style/moveset/platformer like physics are what drew me to the character. When the demo came out, I had no preconceived notions of who I was going to main, but then I realized that none of the computers had an answer to AAA utilt.
They still don't

I play platformers like a speedrunner, constantly running forward and making ridiculous leaps of faith assuming I'll land on stuff because of the sheer fact that platformers are meant to be speedran, but I don't really find optimizing times in a platformer that exciting. Meanwhile, I find speedrunning Pikmin games to be absurdly addictive and fun. There's been talk about MMU in the MM social, but I might actually take a look at it with your recommendation. I too have a backlog of games :/

In no order: Shovel Knight, Xenoblade 3DS, Bravely Default, Pikmin 2, FE: Sacred Stones (emulator), FE: Awakening, Paper Mario TYD, replay FF7, Battleblock Theater, finish Borderlands 2... f*ck me.

Edit: DKCR, DKC TF are very high on my list as well... Along with replaying Skyward Sword, finishing Nintendo Land, Replaying the Metroid Prime series... it keeps going...

Edit harder: F*ck. All the Elsa avatars reminded me I need to play Mario Galaxy 2.
I...honestly haven't played many Mega Man games myself, either. Friends I had growing up told me the games sucked (WHY DID I LISTEN TO THEM) so the first one I ever actually played myself was ZX, and I haven't gotten around to playing the older games (though I've amusingly jumped on multiple Mega Man-esque games like Megamari, Takkoman, Rosenkreuzstilette, Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Mega Man Unlimited). One of these days I'm just gonna try and marathon all the NES games I think.

I have a very similar mentality with playing platformers, haha. It's frustrating and difficult trying to get the best time possible, but I'd much rather play through them as quickly as I can. It's no fun taking it slow, it feels amazing to just blaze through stages. I don't think I'm really cut out to speedrun any game though, I'm too clumsy with controls and way too good at screwing up on stupid little things. Even a genre like turn-based RPGs is going to trip me up with constant menuing.

I don't actually have my backlog written down anywherebecause I'm an idiot but some of the stuff I can remember off the top of my head: FE: Thracia 776, FE: Path of Radiance, FE: Radiant Dawn, finish Knights in the Nightmare on Hard/Nightmare difficulties+go for good endings, basically all NES Mega Man games, Shovel Knight, Paper Mario TTYD, Valkyrie Profile 2, 7th Dragon 2020, Etrian Odyssey 4, finish Etrian Odyssey Untold, Wings of Vi, finish Legend of Dark Witch on hard, Mighty Gunvolt...the list goes on. So many games, so little time. ;_;

The one thing that bothers me in Unlimited is that the stages feel longer that they should. Plus Rainbow Man's stage is pain.

Though remembering of force beams made me remember just how silly Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel's first Iris stage was with them.
I actually liked how long the stages were, but it's a common complaint from me that games feel too short, so I guess it's to be expected. Rainbow Man's stage was awesome~

I think Freudia's stage in RKS did quick man lasers better than RKSF Iris 1; the latter was really silly but a lot of the lasers were more decorative than actually threatening. That was probably my favorite Iris stage regardless though, it helps that it had amazing music.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
HELLO ZELDAH BOREDS HOW MUCH HAV U'VE YET 2 LURN!?!?!?!111///
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2

What characters does MK struggle against? Wondering because I wanna see how all three Kirby reps collide with their MU charts.
60:40
:4sonic::4diddy:
55:45
:4ganondorf::4zss::4yoshi::4peach:
50:50

:4luigi::4fox::4pit::4lucario::4sheik:
45:55
:4kirby::4dedede::4darkpit::4falcon::4charizard::4mario::4rob::4myfriends::4dk::4duckhunt::4megaman::4marth::4robinm::4tlink::4olimar::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4jigglypuff::4samus::4pikachu:
40:60
:4bowser::4villager::4wario2::4drmario::rosalina::4zelda::4duckhunt::4link::4falco::4miibrawl::4ness::4lucina:
30:70
:4littlemac:

????:4greninja::4miigun::4miisword::4pacman::mewtwopm::4gaw::4palutena:
Edit: FITE ME MK. (actually. You free?)
Its late over here and my nephew is sleeping.Sorry. :(

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I don't think I'm really cut out to speedrun any game though, I'm too clumsy with controls and way too good at screwing up on stupid little things. Even a genre like turn-based RPGs is going to trip me up with constant menuing.

I don't actually have my backlog written down anywherebecause I'm an idiot but some of the stuff I can remember off the top of my head: FE: Thracia 776, FE: Path of Radiance, FE: Radiant Dawn, finish Knights in the Nightmare on Hard/Nightmare difficulties+go for good endings, basically all NES Mega Man games, Shovel Knight, Paper Mario TTYD, Valkyrie Profile 2, 7th Dragon 2020, Etrian Odyssey 4, finish Etrian Odyssey Untold, Wings of Vi, finish Legend of Dark Witch on hard, Mighty Gunvolt...the list goes on. So many games, so little time. ;_;
I don't have a list written down either. You reminded me I need to play KI Uprising because I've been listening to that soundtrack for months. I also want to replay FF6 looking at my avatar.

You're clumsy with controls... and you're pulling off stuff like the Ganondorf homerun contest and target practice stuff.

Okay.

Edit: FITE ME MK. (actually. You free?)

Edit hard: SPLATOON. That game is at the top of my list. I'm so excited for it.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You're clumsy with controls... and you're pulling off stuff like the Ganondorf homerun contest and target practice stuff.

Okay.
Not shown: Me botching 98% of attempts with silly things like buffering a spotdodge trying to throw the bat after a dair, smash throwing the bat instead of a normal throw and vice-versa, missing a fastfall after a dair, failing to grab the bat, randomly shorthopping the second dair (and only the second dair), among other silly things.

Target Blast is ezpz lol, for most characters it's as simple as "do a couple hits to get the bomb to ~35% and hit it with an fsmash"

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Not shown: Me botching 98% of attempts with silly things like buffering a spotdodge trying to throw the bat after a dair, smash throwing the bat instead of a normal throw and vice-versa, missing a fastfall after a dair, failing to grab the bat, randomly shorthopping the second dair (and only the second dair), among other silly things.

Target Blast is ezpz lol, for most characters it's as simple as "do a couple hits to get the bomb to ~35% and hit it with an fsmash"
Also not shown, the fact that I've spent at least 6 hours on optimizing Day 2 of my Pikmin 3 speedrun.

And I still haven't finished Day 2. :/

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also not shown, the fact that I've spent at least 6 hours on optimizing Day 2 of my Pikmin 3 speedrun.

And I still haven't finished Day 2. :/
Optimizing things is hard though.

I remember spending a couple weeks routing 7th Dragon for speedrunning, feeling satisfied with my work and thinking the game would be beatable in about 6 hours, then found out a month or so later that some japanese guy already had a time like 3:20:xx

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Optimizing things is hard though.

I remember spending a couple weeks routing 7th Dragon for speedrunning, feeling satisfied with my work and thinking the game would be beatable in about 6 hours, then found out a month or so later that some japanese guy already had a time like 3:20:xx
I try not to compare to others when I speed run. I usually end up looking at the game and thinking "Yeah, I want to get under this time" and I try to do it. My goal was under 10 days, and I did 9. :D
There's a 6 or 7 day Pikmin 3 run that's possible due to an exploit, but I dun wanna.

Top Bottom