• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Had a series of matches against a Ganondorf under the tag, Skore, who said goodbye using Zelda's taunts and SD'd twice. It was weird.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just finished fighting a Sheik/Pit on FG who was really good, like tournament level

I WAS CAUGHT SO OFF GUARD CUZ I'M USED TO THROWING MACS TO THEIR DEATH AND THAT'S IT

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Saw them.
I still don't get it.
"Footsies = the neutral game"
Essentially it's when both players are at mid range, playing safe, doing things to control space and aiming to bait and punish.

A basic example would be Luigi throwing fireballs at a range where he can punish an opponent's shield with a dash grab, but it doesn't necessarily entail projectile use.

Join the Diddy empire

Also, can we NOT nerf Rosalina. Dabuz already has done so much with Rosalina. He's way too known for being the Rosalina. Lol
I wonder what the next patch is going to look like.

I'm expecting something like
:4diddy: Receives some form of nerfs, but nothing that actually fixes the issues that make him dominant
:rosalina: Rapid jab nerfed into the dirt, possibly random Luma nerfs, maybe more end lag/no hitbox on Luma Warp.
:4greninja: I don't even know but Sakurai'll find something else to take away

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
@ Tilk Tilk , ggs. why were smash balls on? lol

those were fun, and that ike ditto PX we should play again sometime

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
And with that I'm headed for sleep... Maybe.

Played a bunch of Brawl with friends earlier.... Should have seen the looks on their faces when I pounded their faces in with Zelda...

Hilarity ensued.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Saw them.
I still don't get it.
"Footsies = the neutral game"
Street Fighter's footsies are like... the whole neutral outside of projectiles and building meter (I think... been a while since I've watched/played Street Fighter).

You're trying to get into your optimal space so that you can pull off combos and push the neutral situation into your advantage. In Street Fighter, it's a lot of quick low attacks with range (usually low kicks and it looks like footsies) and small spacing adjustments. When one connects, it allows one person to push into advantage. "Pokes" are usually low-risk low-reward moves that you can use in neutral but don't really lead to much except for positioning and minor damage.

So, Zelda actually has really good footsies if the opponent wants to play close range footsies with her. Dtilt leads into a lot of stuff and she can space really well with her fox trot and pivot options. However, most people have much better mobility that can threaten from a range where she isn't threatening, which is why her "neutral game" is lacking.

In other news, wow. Smash 4 commentary is on point (Tourney Locator).

Edit: Rosaluma's rapid jab could get the Little Mac jab treatment. Damage nerf is somewhat warranted. It's already one of the only rapid jabs that's safe on shield.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I wonder what the next patch is going to look like.

I'm expecting something like
:4diddy: Receives some form of nerfs, but nothing that actually fixes the issues that make him dominant
:rosalina: Rapid jab nerfed into the dirt, possibly random Luma nerfs, maybe more end lag/no hitbox on Luma Warp.
:4greninja: I don't even know but Sakurai'll find something else to take away
Shadow Sneak Hitstun Cancelling.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
@ Tilk Tilk , ggs. why were smash balls on? lol

those were fun, and that ike ditto PX we should play again sometime
Ggs to you as well sir. And yeah, had those on earlier when I was playing with a friend. Sorry.

Yeah. Sure I'll play again sometime. ^^'

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's already one of the only rapid jabs that's safe on shield.
?

If you're referring to how it doesn't push back if both Rosalina and Luma are hitting a shield, then yeah that's kind of silly, but I've had many an opponent manage to roll out even in that situation and hit me from behind. There's still plenty of punishable end lag on the last hit.

In other news, wow. Smash 4 commentary is on point (Tourney Locator).
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or if the commentary actually did get better after singles ended (I haven't been watching doubles)

Shadow Sneak Hitstun Cancelling.
But that isn't enough! The frog needs to be nerfed more!

Something like 3 more frames of startup on fsmash imo

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
...and only bothering to comment on how Super Speed can combo into bair on hit and just leaving out all the other options with the move (doesn't he play this character?)
He doesn't play with customs very often. He made a tweet a day or two ago about trying out Palutena and Falco's customs for the first time in a while.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
?

If you're referring to how it doesn't push back if both Rosalina and Luma are hitting a shield, then yeah that's kind of silly, but I've had many an opponent manage to roll out even in that situation and hit me from behind. There's still plenty of punishable end lag on the last hit.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or if the commentary actually did get better after singles ended (I haven't been watching doubles)

But that isn't enough! The frog needs to be nerfed more!

Something like 3 more frames of startup on fsmash imo
1. Yeah. I remember testing it with my Rosalina friend and I couldn't roll out of Luma's rapid jab. Hold it long enough and it eats a ton of your shield & pushes you far enough away so that you can't punish.
2. Doubles commentary was pretty good. I haven't really heard doubles commentary before, but I thought it was pretty good how they talked about stage control and stuff. I wasn't really watching singles outside of listening to D1 talk about Greninja's beautiful combos.
3. Hydro Pump gets Lucario like end-lag if you land helplessly on stage.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
799 pages whoop whoop.

This 800 page celebration may be super anti-climatic considering that it's really late in the night but--

*prepares confetti*

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
1. Yeah. I remember testing it with my Rosalina friend and I couldn't roll out of Luma's rapid jab. Hold it long enough and it eats a ton of your shield & pushes you far enough away so that you can't punish.
2. Doubles commentary was pretty good. I haven't really heard doubles commentary before, but I thought it was pretty good how they talked about stage control and stuff. I wasn't really watching singles outside of listening to D1 talk about Greninja's beautiful combos.
3. Hydro Pump gets Lucario like end-lag if you land helplessly on stage.
1. Might have to do with how the character moves during the roll's first three frames I guess. I'll start saving replays when I see it happen against me for research purposes I guess.
3. Okay yeah I can see this happening.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I literally just 0>deathed this Ganon
Arcthunder>dthrow>uair>arcfire the obvious flame choke>bthrow>nairplane
Only to get spiked and SD the second stock
Only me
That's enough FG for tonight lmao