• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Spirst

@ Spirst Spirst I just remembered. Did your Mario have equipment on? It looked like the had way more air speed than he should have. Or maybe I'm imagining things.
Nuh uh, none of the characters I used had equipment on. The only equipment I have set is really obvious like a Ganondorf that does 50% from one fsmash and breaks shields.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Wait what who?
Oh they left so I didn't look
they were off to the side practicing it tho so it was cool
Mario's air speed in this game is bonkers.

Not that I would know in Spirst's case but dude is hella fast naturally.

speaking of MALLC I should play around with that in training and see what kinds of silly combos I can make
Buster MALLC bair to fsmash does a ton of damage and you can do first hit of uair/dair into almost anything

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Buster MALLC bair to fsmash does a ton of damage and you can do first hit of uair/dair into almost anything
Just a few seconds too late in telling me those were known already :drsad:

It's okay, I'm sure I can do something silly like nair/fair>speed usmash

just gotta BELIEVE

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Taunt parties are very much a thing. Taunting doesn't make up the whole thing, you know? It's about goofing off, making friends, showing off things you know, that kind of thing. And unfortunately most are dumb enough to team on fighters, but I'll only team if it's 2v1v1 where everyone's fighting. I don't 2v1 or 3v1 anyone, it's not cool.

You make me wan to get on For Fun now, @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 . Maybe I'd find you.

D

Deleted member

sometimes I wonder if people that aren't frequenters pop in and see what we do and think "what the hell"

ok so i'm going to go troll for fun with zelda :^) bringing back the brawl taunt party memories
oh my god YOU TROLL FOR FUN TOO? OMF YOU'RE AWESOME. Crashing taunt parties are pretty fun.

@ Twili Twili knows how much I love crashing taunt parties ;)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gorls pls

We all know this is the best Shulk move.

I'm beginning to understand what @ Locke 06 Locke 06 meant when he said that Mega Man isn't hard to pick up.

ZSS still feels awkward but I got the feel for her n-air already

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
hey @ Berserker. Berserker. what sorts of fun stuff do people do with MALLC that isn't just "make my aerials really safe"

MALLC nair > smash bair seems really good

hey @ Berserker. Berserker. what sorts of fun stuff do people do with MALLC that isn't just "make my aerials really safe"

MALLC nair > smash bair seems really good
You can n-air > b-air already in jump art which KO's at ~86% if I recall correctly

I was able to get MALLC b-air > buster f-tilt/f-smash but yeah. The main utility of MALLC is for the landing lag cancel.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Taunt parties are very much a thing. Taunting doesn't make up the whole thing, you know? It's about goofing off, making friends, showing off things you know, that kind of thing. And unfortunately most are dumb enough to team on fighters, but I'll only team if it's 2v1v1 where everyone's fighting. I don't 2v1 or 3v1 anyone, it's not cool.

You make me wan to get on For Fun now, @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 . Maybe I'd find you.
I don't team up on anyone either, I laugh at the other two that do gang up on one person and that one person pretty much demolishes both of them xD

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm now playing random for a while. Gonna have some fun. WFT! NAIR NAIR NAIR.

Mega man relies mostly on MU knowledge to make his defensive game complete. Basic spacing and punishing fundamentals will get you pretty far once you learn how to lemon.

I used Zelda at doubles at one point. I KO'd my own teammate with Din's fire and Farore's wind.

@ Rizen Rizen Monado arts landing lag cancel

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm now playing random for a while. Gonna have some fun. WFT! NAIR NAIR NAIR.

Mega man relies mostly on MU knowledge to make his defensive game complete. Basic spacing and punishing fundamentals will get you pretty far once you learn how to lemon.
Don't speak to me.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So just got back from my weekly.

I almost beat the 3rd best player in San Antonio (he plays Diddy Kong). He went TL the first match, and I won convincingly, then he switched to Diddy.

F-air spiked his second stock, had a massive lead, got damage up on him.

He slowly closed the gap. He was at 120%, and I was 60%. Long as I didn't run into his F-Smash my chances were good.

-B-throw'd him off stage.
-FLUDDed his Side-B.
-Diddy charging Up-B.
-I go in for the N-air gimp, missed.
-Diddy goes over Mario.
-I DJ and go to B-air stage spike, missed.
-Diddy back on stage.
-Mario Up-Bs and he comes up too short.
-Mario SD's.

>mfw:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
wow shulks know everything about their character already what am I even doing
that's my shulk playtime for the year I guess
____

I can sh lemons with megaman now but I'm still kind of put off by his buttons not really doing what I expect them to when I press them

Like I dtilt with Rosalina or Greninja or Meta Knight and I get this quick low poke, but then I do that habitually trying Mega Man and suddenly I'm sliding toward my opponent and I'm all "no stop that nooooo"

Might play around with him more at some point but I think I've come to accept that Rosalina's the only character I'll be playing at a pseudo-competent level.

Mega man relies mostly being cancer
Good to know
So just got back from my weekly.

I almost beat the 3rd best player in San Antonio (he plays Diddy Kong). He went TL the first match, and I won convincingly, then he switched to Diddy.

F-air spiked his second stock, had a massive lead, got damage up on him.

He slowly closed the gap. He was at 120%, and I was 60%. Long as I didn't run into his F-Smash my chances were good.

-B-throw'd him off stage.
-FLUDDed his Side-B.
-Diddy charging Up-B.
-I go in for the N-air gimp, missed.
-Diddy goes over Mario.
-I DJ and go to B-air stage spike, missed.
-Diddy back on stage.
-Mario Up-Bs and he comes up too short.
-Mario SD's.

>mfw:
D'aaaw man. That must have sucked. I felt the same. Back in the tournament I was talking about, I was actually doing well with my last match. I tried gimping Diddy but he jumped back on stage, I used air slash and Shulk's head got whacked the weird part of battlefield (basically, air slash was haltered) and SD'd.

And that's how I lost :3

**** Diddy Kong

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

@ Nammy12 Nammy12 I like, need this in black dress alt nao after seeing it I'd ly 4evr bby <3

It seems perfect for a sig with some witty comment or as an avi.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I don't team up on anyone either, I laugh at the other two that do gang up on one person and that one person pretty much demolishes both of them xD
Oh you frequent For Fun as well? I'm on there almost every night in the late hours ranging from 10:30pm to 5am EST, and I meet all kinds of people. But yeah if people start 2v1'ing they're usually my friends fighting someone random, and I just sulk on the side because I know they're probably going to get reported and kicked. :sheep:

But yeah, watching teamers get demolished is kinda funny, even if they're my friends, because if you team, you deserve it. Plus it's in the one's favor since the teamers can kill him once, but he can kill both of them for a -1 then +2 situation. What I don't quite get is when it's painfully obvious that I'm siding with the teamers, and yet a fighter tries to fight me as well. I mean. Do you want this to be a 3v1? I wouldn't either way, but regardless it's lol-worthy.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

This image is a metaphor for how it feels to fight Diddy.

Don't think about it too much.

I have this weird impulse and urge again to piss everyone off and say, "Diddy is well balanced," to bait a **** storm

but no

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
please help
i'm using WFT on for fun and i'm just spamming her crawl
THIS LITTLE MAC KEEPS TRYING TO HIT ME BUT HE CAN'T

like please use dtilt or dsmash
oh wait For Fun/Glory Mac's only how how to dash attack and fsmash :')

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
please help
i'm using WFT on for fun and i'm just spamming her crawl
THIS LITTLE MAC KEEPS TRYING TO HIT ME BUT HE CAN'T

like please use dtilt or dsmash
oh wait For Fun/Glory Mac's only how how to dash attack and fsmash :')
At least they learned side special isn't a good option.

Soul.

This image is a metaphor for how it feels to fight Diddy.

Don't think about it too much.
lets do this ppl
lets tell nintendo to make a character focused on throwing deku nuts, much like Snake's grenades
les go

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm so tempted to download the demo for this game:

I mean what the hell can it even BE about?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Good to know

D'aaaw man. That must have sucked. I felt the same. Back in the tournament I was talking about, I was actually doing well with my last match. I tried gimping Diddy but he jumped back on stage, I used air slash and Shulk's head got whacked the weird part of battlefield (basically, air slash was haltered) and SD'd.

And that's how I lost :3

**** Diddy Kong
Lemme give you a hug, waifu.

I actually felt kinda good after that set even though I lost. It's the first time I ever fought him in bracket and he actually had to take me seriously, and to feel like I lost because I royally ****ed up instead of just getting wrecked by him? That's something to be proud of in my book.

I'm starting to think I'm finally getting a hang of this game.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

@ Nammy12 Nammy12 I like, need this in black dress alt nao after seeing it I'd ly 4evr bby <3

It seems perfect for a sig with some witty comment or as an avi.

I.... just... need the 3DS.... controls.... to do... better....

Goddammit. That's it. I'm divorcing from the GC controls
Pro controller is where its at.
Like a 3DS layout but actually comfortable.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Pro controller master race?

I'm still using the gamepad because money/I am conflicted about buying a pro controller for smash, but I'm probably going to buy one soon.

Top Bottom