• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Someone talk me out of maining Rosalina please
Your character is major in just about every Zelda game and the series was named after her. She was also in Smash first. And she has wisdom.

Rosalina is a relatively newer side character at best in the Mario series who uses her children as slaves and as a crutch to be successful.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This is just a thought I had, but I feel that the following characters get the biggest artificial boost from the For Glory ruleset:

:4falcon::4littlemac::4luigi::4sonic::4zss:

Falcon just has really good movement speed and it's hard to counterplay his dash grab in lag. He'd certainly like some platforms to help his disadvantaged state though. It feels like FD would be one of his best stages, @Space Stranger confirm or deny

Little Mac's boost is mostly that he can't be counterpicked to stages where he gets camped out. Not being able to react to his smashes is also helpful. Much like Falcon, though, the occasional platform would be nice to help him land.

Luigi and Zoot Suit Samus are helped in the same way, their forward projectiles can heavily limit options (especially when powershielding is difficult) and their grab games are great. ZSS is likely too precise to be amazing on Wi-Fi though.

Sonic is in a similar boat to Falcon with his amazing movement specs and throws compounded by his damage-racking ability.

Dishonorable mentions go to :4diddy::4ganondorf::4mario::4yoshi:

But for real, I didn't realize how bad Falcon's disadvantaged state is. I went from being at 70% on my second stock as Kirby (who I don't really use) to almost taking it back, not helped by DThrowing when I meant to BThrow.

Diddy feels kind of natural to me but his DThrow combos don't :V. It's mostly just FAir all day and makes me dream that Game & Watch's FAir was autocancelable from a low jump.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUYS MY DOG 3 STOCKED MY GAMECUBE CONTROLLER WHAT DO I DOOOO

GUYS THIS THEME IS MAKING ME WONDER IF THE ENGLISH OR JAPANESE ONE IS BETTER

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I tried out the demo for Codename: Steam earlier today.

I loved the visual style of the game, it was very clever to make it comic-like. However, the game feels like it really really drags on, and having to go through like 4 scenarios or 5 just to get to the story's beginning was off-putting. I kinda like the gameplay, but at the same time I found it boring at times.

I kinda wanted to be interested enough to buy it, but I don't think I will :/

Rizen

Smash Legend
Nintendo's ad slogan for Codename Steam should be:
Codename Steam: Because Disney isn't the only company who can bastardize classic stories and American history!

PS I'm not saying anything bad or good about the game it's self because I don't know enough about it.

Edit, wha? that word was censored? C'mon it's legit and proper for this context.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tweek should've won that, he wasn't patient enough on game one.

Last edited:
Tweek should've won that, he wasn't patient enough on game one.
He fell apart really fast at game one :|

Trip sapling doesn't seem to be THAT much of an issue but it definitely does a good job at limiting offensive options. I don't the counter timbre/trip sapling is that much of an issue. I guess. I feel like exploding balloons is what brings the hate right now. Or maybe it's the synergy between the 2. Yeah, that sounds right. The planking is real lol

Keeping my mind open to customs atm. I'm still for playing it safe, but like I said, there are those fun custom matches (.... my definition of fun is messed up) I enjoy watching :)

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
For some reason, I'm finding these Villager matches funny to watch. And I don't know why.

I think it's because of how dedicated ADHD is to abusing and planking with Villager's customs. It's both fun and funny

Oh, and Nairo didn't use Zelda against Villager? (I think Zelda has a great chance against Villager)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I am sad to see Villager being played like that :'(

Tbh I don't think it's Timber Counter that is the ridiculous custom. The thing that is stupid as **** is Extreme Balloon Trip. Those things shouldn't go through the stage like the regular balloons...

EDIT: Jesus F*cking Christ, F*CK CUSTOMS.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Go to the character's social thread.
Then look at every page.
Well...I mean...Not ex-...yeah... >.>

For controllers, I just really think a gamecube controller would solve a lot of my issues. The gamepad's largeness, need to be charged, placement of it's right analog stick, just are inconvenient.

Lastly, I sometime the attacks that I use with the right analog stick don't even come out.

As for the 3ds, I hate those controls now. They offer so little freedom.

Also, I just accidentally kicked my cat because I thought she was my blanket. ;_;

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I can't believe I'm saying this but Din's fire may be the answer to Villager? Idk.
I was thinking the same thing!! (before site back up started half an hour ago :'D)

Zelda miiiiight have a good shot at neutering Villager, as well as Rosalina with her regular Luma Shot if she positions Luma exactly by the ledge. There's not much Villager can do against Luma's massive hitboxes once he loses the ledge invul...

I think Zelda can handle planking villager with din's. Can't be pocketed and Villager will need to air dodge it on reaction which will be difficult since she's almost CAN'T air dodge 100% of the time since she's either using the exploding balloons, slingshot or gyroid. She'll be too busy to air dodge so.... yeah. Theories and all. Just saying.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
She could also try to reflect pellets coming her way, or going into the edge with Nayru's. I dunno if she'd reflect the balloons, though. Is that possible?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I am sad to see Villager being played like that :'(

Tbh I don't think it's Timber Counter that is the ridiculous custom. The thing that is stupid as **** is Extreme Balloon Trip. Those things shouldn't go through the stage like the regular balloons...

EDIT: Jesus F*cking Christ, F*CK CUSTOMS.
Eh, it really does seem to be the combination. Due to trip sapling, it makes it a lot harder to find an opening due to you having to jump over it. Granted, I would need to see a match with just Extreme Ballon trip.

Of course, thats not going to happen since all the people using Extreme Balloon trip are running timber counter. >.>

I think I've laughed too much for today

I need water
*Sigh*

The Rosalina social is just...*Sigh*

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh hey, we're talking about this again.

So the combination of EBT+banana tree is pretty effective at planking, but there's no invincibility on ledge regrab in this game and Villager's only tool to cover above herself is a single attempt at sharking the ledge with uair before being forced to upB to get back to the ledge. Projectiles can work against it, but Pocket is a thing so it either needs to catch Villager at a time that she can't use Pocket, or be something like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt that you can spam with impunity and not care about being Pocketed. Ledge trumping is an option as well; you need to be mindful of the balloons, but it isn't impossible.

Timber Counter doesn't stick around forever, and takes time to plant + isn't immediately active; faster characters can punish it with a dash grab from mid range, forcing Villager to either take damage or not plant it - both winning scenarios for her opponent.

Lastly, Villager's approach is butt. Get the percent lead and you don't have to play her game.

Not gonna deny it isn't a degenerate-looking playstyle though.

I'm going to bed.

Top Bottom