• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

is this a joke or some **** because GCN controller is overrated af
This is actually the truth. I've been accustomed to 3DS controls because I lack a Wii U so yeah.

I also did WAY better with 3DS controls at friendlies than I did with the GC controls. I just can't get the pivot f-tilt/grab right with the GC controller for some reason. Plus, I don't even have a Wii U or an adapter so I might as well use 3DS controls since I'm better with it.

I wanna transition into the GC controller. Problem is, I don't have a Wii U so...... :|

Soul.

I still find it stupid to not let ppl use the 3DS as a controller in every other mode that isn't called "Smash".
*sigh* Sakurai pls

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I really don't mind the 3DS controls, but I'd probably be able to do jumpless cyclone with a different controller (3DS buttons suck for mashing imo) which would mean I'd pick up Luigi

actually if I were playing on Wii U I could set the D-pad to specials with other controllers and just spin that for easy mashing, now that I think about it

If I start going to the monthly halfway across the state I'll definitely consider using 3DS controls though

I still find it stupid to not let ppl use the 3DS as a controller in every other mode that isn't called "Smash".
*sigh* Sakurai pls
real

why even offer a controller option if it's only going to be usable some of the time?!

Is there a reason why you haven't been using the 3DS before? People at my weeklies do it all the time.
I only have one 3DS. I used to despise the 3DS controls because of the circle pad and the lack of a c-stick. I was bent on transitioning into the GC controller but unfortunately, I lack time with it. So... yeah

That, and my brother likes using the 3DS as a controller for tournaments so I'm basically forced to use the GC controller

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I only have one 3DS. I used to despise the 3DS controls because of the circle pad and the lack of a c-stick. I was bent on transitioning into the GC controller but unfortunately, I lack time with it. So... yeah

That, and my brother likes using the 3DS as a controller for tournaments so I'm basically forced to use the GC controller
break your brother's arms

problem solved

Soul.

This is actually the truth. I've been accustomed to 3DS controls because I lack a Wii U so yeah.

I also did WAY better with 3DS controls at friendlies than I did with the GC controls. I just can't get the pivot f-tilt/grab right with the GC controller for some reason. Plus, I don't even have a Wii U or an adapter so I might as well use 3DS controls since I'm better with it.

I wanna transition into the GC controller. Problem is, I don't have a Wii U so...... :|
Or you could just use this.

inb4 ******* input lag complaints
I really don't mind the 3DS controls, but I'd probably be able to do jumpless cyclone with a different controller (3DS buttons suck for mashing imo) which would mean I'd pick up Luigi

actually if I were playing on Wii U I could set the D-pad to specials with other controllers and just spin that for easy mashing, now that I think about it

If I start going to the monthly halfway across the state I'll definitely consider using 3DS controls though

real

why even offer a controller option if it's only going to be usable some of the time?!
bad game design

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Two reasons why I use Gamecube Controller even though I prefer Pro Controller.

1. Don't have to worry about syncing ("CONTROLLER!!!!").
2. Our Lord and Savior banned Pro Controllers due to reason 1.

Soul.

I feel that the GCN controller, to me, feels clunky to use in both Brawl and Smash 4. There was no other choice in Brawl but Smash 4 has the precious Pro Controller. And the 3DS but because of bad game design nobody uses it.

Last edited:
To be fair, I'm the only one among my siblings that's competent with the GC controls. It was like that in Brawl. None of us wanted to go away from Wiimote+Nunchuk controls. I decided to #adapt and it was easy because I had like 24 hours with Brawl every day. It makes sense that I'd be the one who'd use the GC controller for Smash Wii U.... The thing is.... I'm accustomed to the 3DS now so it's a bit of an issue. I'll just go with whatever but I want the 3DS controls.

And yes, all of my siblings used to play Smash. COMPETITIVELY.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I feel that the GCN controller, to me, feels clunky to use in both Brawl and Smash 4. There was no other choice in Brawl but Smash 4 has the precious Pro Controller. And the 3DS but because of bad game design nobody uses it.
In Brawl I used the Wii Pro Controller, but like syncing and unsyncing was a hassle for me. So stuck with Gamecube.

Sync and Unsync is way easier with Wii U Pro, and it feels very natural to hold, but my only problem with it is C-sticking feels awkward as all hell. I'm also used to having bigger buttons.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I don't really like the Pro Controller all that much for Smash. Absolutely love it for other games, just not for Smash.
It's very weird and I'm not always that picky when it comes to controllers. Guess it's a game-specific type of situation...

Wanna adopt me?
If only~

Unfortunately... Two of them aren't as active because boyfriend/academic johns (yeah, 2 girls, 2 boys). They focused more on those things

I'm not as active too because dating johns and hang-out johns.

My brother goes to the most tournaments but even then, he has the party johns. We're not as active as before

I don't go to weeklies anymore. I just go to whatever major tournament now when I feel like it, mostly which happens once in 1 or 2 months
Lack of money

Last edited:

Soul.

In Brawl I used the Wii Pro Controller, but like syncing and unsyncing was a hassle for me. So stuck with Gamecube.

Sync and Unsync is way easier with Wii U Pro, and it feels very natural to hold, but my only problem with it is C-sticking feels awkward as all hell. I'm also used to having bigger buttons.
I also tried out the Classic Controller. It was decent. The need of connecting a Wiimote is dumb tho lol
Then again everything needs to be wired so no one uses the Wii U Pro Controller because of "latency" issues*
*which I haven't seen yet

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
No no, we are obviously a place to take beautiful, moonlit baths.

Meanwhile, at the Robins' living room...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The new Title means Zelda recieved 6 points, got sent to Ubers and placed in the SS Tier; where SS stands for 'Super Sass'?

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
tfw you get a very unnecessary but very satisfying sweetspot LK in SD.

Rizen

Smash Legend
For me, GCController>>>>>>>>>everything else. I could not play at all with the pro controller.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
When there's three of us in a For Fun room; one player is friendly, the other goes to Zelda ditto me, and the friendly player decides to jump in to 2v1 with me.

No.

../dearforfundiary?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I use the Classic Controller because I don't have a GCN adapter and because my best functioning GCC is pretty worn down. I'm really hoping they rerelease the adapter and the Smash controllers. I don't mind the Classic Controller; my biggest peeve with it is that I have to use a tag in order to have the grab button in front of the shield button (like the GCC is laid out). I prefer using default controls as much as possible. I also have minor issues mixing up inputs for up, Side, and down-b, probably because the control stick is lower down than I'm used to. It's most noticeable when I play Dedede and I use Super Dedede Jump/Jet Hammer when it's really a bad idea to do so. I also occasionally use up-b with Villager when I try to use Lloid.

That said, I think the Wiichuck controller is really good, I just can't use it for Smash. I can also use the Gamepad to play just fine.

@ Locke 06 Locke 06 we can probably play Saturday evening for some MM/G&W action. I believe you live in Seattle, so I get off work at 7:00 p.m. your time. Give me about 45 minutes to get home and cleaned up and we can play.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I used Wii chuck for brawl and it worked beautifully. I never c-sticked until smash 4 because I never upsmashed OoS or fancy stuff like that. I'm generally pretty good with motion controls, so shake smash for IC grab shenanigans worked fine for semi-casual play. And I could DACUS with Snake using normal inputs, so yeah. There's no way I could go back for smash 4 though.

Saturday night I might be out until late. I'll keep yew updated.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I used Wii Remote and Nunchuk in Brawl and it was surprisingly good. Switched to Pro Controller for this game though after getting used to the layout on the 3DS version. For anyone that uses that or the GamePad, I highly suggest making L button the jump button for OoS antics. And you know how much Zelda enjoys those.

Top Bottom