• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Because Zelda can't have nice things, they added 10 bonus endlag frames to Fsmash from Brawl. :urg:

Lmao tho cuz yew were trying to be an optimist for Zelda but failed horribly. :secretkpop: Just like Zelda.
dude what

if the frame data was unchanged that'd be like, as safe as MK's fsmash but with like 3x the range

Currently its total commit time is pretty average, but since the hitbox stays out pretty late it's still fairly low end lag compared to most smashes.

Could you do a Kirby one?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
good characters only
All I want in life is for you to do Wii Fit. She has so many great quotes like, "Let's stretch our legs!" and "Let's firm up those glutes!" There's one about firm abs, too.

Also she could just be a white blob with hair and a blue shirt.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
dude what

if the frame data was unchanged that'd be like, as safe as MK's fsmash but with like 3x the range

Currently its total commit time is pretty average, but since the hitbox stays out pretty late it's still fairly low end lag compared to most smashes.

Completely legit.

In Melee/Brawl it has a duration of only 38/39 frames. Yes, that's with hit 5 happening on frame 24. That's the reason even though you'd never land all 5 hits in melee you could still use the move. (On shields.) Same with Brawl to an extent, where the hit-boxes were way more massive.

In SSB4, it most certainly was given more endlag. My estimate was 10 or so frames. Compare it to Ftilt and Dsmash. In Brawl they both had FAF of frame 40 (Like Fsmash.) now, in SSB4, those two end at roughly the exact same time, while Fsmash takes quite a bit longer. (Now, this could be a case of Ftilt and Dsmash being faster, but I don't believe that for a second.)

Obviously your range comparison to MK was slightly exaggerated, but yes, you're right. It would be safe on spaced shield. (Like so many dang smash attacks not owned by Zelda.) buT, Zela can't even have nice things, so rip Brawl Fsmash. :urg:

Last edited:

Spirst

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur Going to stop here and start making dinner. Those were really fast-paced and fun games from my side. I'm not a big fan of campy styles of play so I tend to just go in and go in hard. Hopefully you had some fun too and we can play again in the future. There was less lag than I thought there would be.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur Going to stop here and start making dinner. Those were really fast-paced and fun games from my side. I'm not a big fan of campy styles of play so I tend to just go in and go in hard. Hopefully you had some fun too and we can play again in the future. There was less lag than I thought there would be.
Yeah those were really cool matches. That was literally the first time I play a real Pac-Man and just as I was starting to know what he did you started going custom and I was like OH HELL NO SIS. That's why I quit the first custom fight and went out to get the Timber Counter hahahaha. But yeah man those were cool, half of the time I was being surprised because I never play with customs so I didn't know **** about Mario, Pac or Kirby. Greninja didn't seem too changed so that match was pretty regular in terms of "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Seriously man wtf is up with Mario's cape killing? 8U

Also, in that last match lag screwed me over real bad. We got a spike right as I was about to punish SOMETHING and instead of the bowling ball jab came out :(, and then in the end we got a spike right before I could dodge Kirby's weird Up B.

I really wish we could play live, man. Matches would be like 100% cooler if we didn't have any delay or lag.

Let's play again sometime!!

Also @Locke 06 f*ck you for just trolling with lemon-set u-tilts, hahahaha. YOU SHOULD NOT DISRESPECT.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Completely legit.

In Melee/Brawl it has a duration of only 38/39 frames. Yes, that's with hit 5 happening on frame 24. That's the reason even though you'd never land all 5 hits in melee you could still use the move. (On shields.) Same with Brawl to an extent, where the hit-boxes were way more massive.

In SSB4, it most certainly was given more endlag. My estimate was 10 or so frames. Compare it to Ftilt and Dsmash. In Brawl they both had FAF of frame 40 (Like Fsmash.) now, in SSB4, those two end at roughly the exact same time, while Fsmash takes quite a bit longer. (Now, this could be a case of Ftilt and Dsmash being faster, but I don't believe that for a second.)

Obviously your range comparison to MK was slightly exaggerated, but yes, you're right. It would be safe on spaced shield. (Like so many dang smash attacks not owned by Zelda.) buT, Zela can't even have nice things, so rip Brawl Fsmash. :urg:
10 frames extra sounds about right, Greninja's fsmash ends frame 50 (pretty average for a smash attack) and Zelda's fsmash looks like it ends maybe a frame or two earlier.

ftilt/dsmash look about the same, I swear I recorded dsmash at some point and got a number like 36~38f but I probably imagined it. Though that said, I didn't realize her dsmash had any amount of kill power before yesterday, and it coming out frame 5 on top of that is pretty nice.

On another note, what is the Idiots guide/Flowchart to Shulk? He looks fun to play.
1. nair

Spirst

Yeah those were really cool matches. That was literally the first time I play a real Pac-Man and just as I was starting to know what he did you started going custom and I was like OH HELL NO SIS. That's why I quit the first custom fight and went out to get the Timber Counter hahahaha. But yeah man those were cool, half of the time I was being surprised because I never play with customs so I didn't know **** about Mario, Pac or Kirby. Greninja didn't seem too changed so that match was pretty regular in terms of "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Seriously man wtf is up with Mario's cape killing? 8U

Also, in that last match lag screwed me over real bad. We got a spike right as I was about to punish SOMETHING and instead of the bowling ball jab came out :(, and then in the end we got a spike right before I could dodge Kirby's weird Up B.

I really wish we could play live, man. Matches would be like 100% cooler if we didn't have any delay or lag.

Let's play again sometime!!

Also @Locke 06 f*ck you for just trolling with lemon-set u-tilts, hahahaha. YOU SHOULD NOT DISRESPECT.
I was thinking the same thing. "Oh, he's going to get confused when the fruits look exactly the same but do completely different things."

Greninja's custom is just shifting shuriken really. Full charge brings you to me but I suck at following up with it since I haven't practiced it enough. Maybe someday when I'm not lazy. Pac-Man vs Villager is a lot of fun when both parties are actively moving around throughout the stage and going at it. It can get dumb fast if one starts hardcore camping but thankfully none of us do that since that's for dirty nerds who have no soul. But yeah, I had a good time with those and for me, that was also some of the most fun games I've had in a while. That bowling ball kills extremely early, goddamn. I remember losing one game because I died at like 70% while you were at 140%+. I just sat there after and stared at the screen for a few seconds.

Next time we should have a masterball battle. Just tag me when you're available.

Mario's cape thing was shocking cape. Nothing like getting KOd by a grown man's blankie.

Edit: And yeah, the LOCKE tag was lol. It's a Locke simulator aka "press AAA and utilt"

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I was thinking the same thing. "Oh, he's going to get confused when the fruits look exactly the same but do completely different things."

Greninja's custom is just shifting shuriken really. Full charge brings you to me but I suck at following up with it since I haven't practiced it enough. Maybe someday when I'm not lazy. Pac-Man vs Villager is a lot of fun when both parties are actively moving around throughout the stage and going at it. It can get dumb fast if one starts hardcore camping but thankfully none of us do that since that's for dirty nerds who have no soul. But yeah, I had a good time with those and for me, that was also some of the most fun games I've had in a while. That bowling ball kills extremely early, goddamn. I remember losing one game because I died at like 70% while you were at 140%+. I just sat there after and stared at the screen for a few seconds.

Next time we should have a masterball battle. Just tag me when you're available.

Mario's cape thing was shocking cape. Nothing like getting KOd by a grown man's blankie.

Edit: And yeah, the LOCKE tag was lol. It's a Locke simulator aka "press AAA and utilt"
Oh that Locke was you?! HAHAHA I thought he was actually down with you for a little while and just wanted to troll.

100% accurate depiction, man.

But yeah about the custom fruit, every new fruit made me go "wat," hahaha specially the spazzy apple. Who even thought of that ****?! And indeed, I actually always wanted to meet a good Pac Man player because playing PM with Villager is awesome. I dunno why I never made the connection that you actually play him, lol. I'll definitely poke you around more to play in the future.

I also wanted to go Zelda against your dogduck, that's why I quit that match too :p. I refuse to go Villager against campy characters cause it's impossible to approach them :'D

Spirst

Oh that Locke was you?! HAHAHA I thought he was actually down with you for a little while and just wanted to troll.

100% accurate depiction, man.

But yeah about the custom fruit, every new fruit made me go "wat," hahaha specially the spazzy apple. Who even thought of that ****?! And indeed, I actually always wanted to meet a good Pac Man player because playing PM with Villager is awesome. I dunno why I never made the connection that you actually play him, lol. I'll definitely poke you around more to play in the future.

I also wanted to go Zelda against your dogduck, that's why I quit that match too :p. I refuse to go Villager against campy characters cause it's impossible to approach them :'D
Yeah, that was me. The real Locke is on the other side of the US, lol. I use the tag when I feel like spreading some cancer now and then.

I haven't even gotten to the lazy fruit custom yet (which I didn't use because it's eZ pocket food). Pacman overall has a lot of crap that makes you think "What the ****?" I always thought games with him are funny since he does the weirdest **** with that huge smile on his face.
Villager's dtilt launches the hydrant in one hit by the way. Villager + Pacman are a funny doubles team because of things like this:

I also remember there was one game as Charizard vs Zelda where I SDd like twice and thought, "Okay, that's the end of that."

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah, that was me. The real Locke is on the other side of the US, lol. I use the tag when I feel like spreading some cancer now and then.

I haven't even gotten to the lazy fruit custom yet (which I didn't use because it's eZ pocket food). Pacman overall has a lot of crap that makes you think "What the ****?" I always thought games with him are funny since he does the weirdest **** with that huge smile on his face.
Villager's dtilt launches the hydrant in one hit by the way. Villager + Pacman are a funny doubles team because of things like this:

I also remember there was one game as Charizard vs Zelda where I died and thought, "Okay, that's the end of that."
Oh I didn't know about d-tilt. I'll keep it in mind for the next time.

And yeah, man, having Villager and PacMan is hilarious because HYDRANT CITY. The other day a couple friends came over and it was a 5 people FFA with 2 Pacs and 2 Villagers. There were like 7 hydrants at the same time and no one could even move because of the water. 100% hilarious **** right there.

We should totally play teams against someone and troll with hydrants.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Someone with the Wii U version: what percent does uthrow>Farore's Windfall start registering as a combo at against ROB?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
96% is when it becomes a true combo. This is with 0% or 100% rage on Zelda.
Okay, thanks. That about lines up with what I've seen on 3DS (I got it to register at 90% once; guessing the AI held up during uthrow).

Unfortunately kind of debunks my suspicion that the combo counters are unequal between versions, but oh well.

Top Bottom