• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
We b doin rotations. and if you don't know what rotations are, It's basically two of us doing our match with the last person watching. So the fight order goes like this (The letter in the parenthesis represents who's out): AB(C) > CA(B) > BC(A) > AB(C).
Yeah but who starts? :'D

Rizen

Smash Legend
I stopped the MMX series after X6. X6 actually had potential but seemed rushed with bad level design and glaring mistakes (like not being able to complete nightmare levels with the shadow armor because lack of a mid air jump so you had to game over).

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'll let you play with your friend, Dan. That last match got too laggy with three people in there. Good games, though!

D

Deleted member

I'll let you play with your friend, Dan. That last match got too laggy with three people in there. Good games, though!
AWWWW FERRRNNNNNNNNNNNN NO *hugs*. But good games tho! Dat Mii Brawler tho. I LITERALLY COULD NOT TELL WHAT HE WOULD DO. I never fight Miis so this is all so new to me xDD

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I stopped the MMX series after X6. X6 actually had potential but seemed rushed with bad level design and glaring mistakes (like not being able to complete nightmare levels with the shadow armor because lack of a mid air jump so you had to game over).
X8 is legit good though.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I do like X6 despite it's glaring issues as it does have plenty of good things about it I enjoy.
It's just that the good ideas are buried under the multitudes of bad ideas and that's what keeps it from being good.
I still enjoy it more than X5 though.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
AWWWW FERRRNNNNNNNNNNNN NO *hugs*. But good games tho! Dat Mii Brawler tho. I LITERALLY COULD NOT TELL WHAT HE WOULD DO. I never fight Miis so this is all so new to me xDD
It's alright, we'll play later xD I just get really overwhelmed by lag spikes so I prefer not to play like that. Your Peach is really good! It's a shame cause I really wanted to play Villager more against her, but yeah, not with that lag :'D

And those Rest reads, man. I mean I fell for it the first couple times, but they were still awesome. Also LOL at my failed rest punishes :'D

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I've noticed lately that a lot of my drawings look really flat, and that the way I've been shading ruins the colors altogether. What can I do about this?

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Nah, I totally get that. I was trying to be a little funny, but I guess I came off as kind of a ****. I won't time people out unless we're playing serious friendlies (which I consider different from normal friendlies). I play for fun too, and mostly to relax from work (zoning can be really therapeutic at times for me).

On the serious note: Most practice/play is friendlies. How do you develop a time out strategy if the only time you time out people is in tournaments? I time Spirst out because I love him, but I'm having trouble finding people who want to be timed out are okay with being timed out in serious friendlies (do they exist?).
You can try to time me out when we play this weekend. (RIP my Zelda :D)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've noticed lately that a lot of my drawings look really flat, and that the way I've been shading ruins the colors altogether. What can I do about this?
Practice, sketch from reference or life to get the feel for how things appear, plan out your drawings rather than draw each part entirely and move on to the next, use simple shapes and expand on them for more complex forms, keep at it.

PS smoking's bad, Boggy's not cool for doing it.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This social thread will soon have more pages than my ~ 2 year Facebook page having likes. *sniff sniff*

This place has grown so much.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I like how when Seagull Joe posts something about customs, people just assume that it's a troll/bait statement. Good way to respect an opinion

We should all be happy that no one uses Shulk. I mean, power vision is a counter and counters can be dealt with by grabbing BUT... when you land power vision, your probably dead at like ~60% if you jabbed power vision. ~50% if you f-smash'd power vision. ~40% with smash art activated. ~5% with hyper smash activated.

I mean, I'm not being biased or I'm not trying to suck off my own main's sausage but really, power vision is stupid.
Their brains are poisoned. Me playing on VGBC's stream with commentary that I'm boring to watch overall, left them with the group thought of "This guy's opinions are outright trolling". As if I haven't been a long time debater/poster/respected member of the SWF community.

:018:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So I just got 5k matches in 1v1 roll glory. Do I play online too much? It's really my only way of playing.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Their brains are poisoned. Me playing on VGBC's stream with commentary that I'm boring to watch overall, left them with the group thought of "This guy's opinions are outright trolling". As if I haven't been a long time debater/poster/respected member of the SWF community.

:018:
I honestly don't see your posts as trolling. You bring up extremely valid complaints and you back them up with valid information. I don't see why anyone would see your posts as trolling.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I do like X6 despite it's glaring issues as it does have plenty of good things about it I enjoy.
It's just that the good ideas are buried under the multitudes of bad ideas and that's what keeps it from being good.
I still enjoy it more than X5 though.
X8 is my favorite, though X6 is my guilty pleasure. I enjoy it way more than X5 because I like getting super powerful. I've yet to beat it on Xtreme Mode though.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I honestly don't see your posts as trolling. You bring up extremely valid complaints and you back them up with valid information. I don't see why anyone would see your posts as trolling.
Its gotten to the point where you can't argue against customs, its been announced for evo and all the people that main crap characters(aka low tiers) are happy about customs making them more viable so they'll support customs all the way.

Its like on the playground, you get into a fight and its only you and a small bunch of friends vs the popular prick with his thirsty girls and guys that want to be like him backing every little thing he utters by shouting "OOOOH".

As right as seagull is right on some points there's just too much backing customs so all opposition is futile, best thing to do is wait for customs to maybe backlash at evo. Maybe.

I could care less about customs, it doesn't hinder my main nor buff him that much. I'm more worried about the cancer patch coming our way like a roaring lion.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Those that are completely for customs but refuse to listen to the other side are being ridiculous. I used to completely support customs and thought anyone who didn't was just ignorant and didn't want to accept change. After all the discussion about it that happened in this thread, I can see valid points for why they shouldn't be legal. Just because the majority is supporting customs doesn't mean you shouldn't fight against them.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I guess i just never saw the pro-customs people as a gang of sorts. I must not have been looking around hard enough because I didn't see this fingers-in-ears mentality, I thought most of the arguments were not designed to shut down opposition., but I can believe it's happening.

As a viewer I find customs very enjoyable. However I recognize that Player Entertainment comes before Viewer entertainment, and customs should be legalized/illegalized accordingly.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
X8 is my favorite, though X6 is my guilty pleasure. I enjoy it way more than X5 because I like getting super powerful. I've yet to beat it on Xtreme Mode though.
X6 on Xtreme mode is something to say the least. I've done it, but it wasn't easy.
All the armors you can get in X6 are quite nice and are better than what you get in X5.
That, and the part system is way better than it was in X5. Also, I've only played X1-X6 and haven't gotten to X7 and X8 (not looking forward to the former).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
To be fair, I don't care for customs as Mario and Rosalina (or even Shulk), but I do care for them as Samus as it patches up how terrible her specials are. That said, Samus is fun regardless of customs and they definitely do not make her some high/top tier character, yet I'd play her either way, so meh.

What people don't realize is customs make the top/high tiers even better. Mario becomes top tier, Customs Sheik is a monster, Rosalina is rofl-wow, Luigi's zoning becomes amazing, Sonic's spin dashes, the most complained about specials from viewers, become better, and Fox gets better kill set-ups.

The only high/top tiers that get no/mild benefits are Diddy(but he gets another kill option), ZSS(tumbleweed), and Yoshi(he probably drops a few spaces honestly).

Only Paluntena and DK invades the high tier picks, and I suspect for DK this is only temporary.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
One of my Wishes-That-Will-Never-Happen is Palutena getting her default customs switched around in a patch.

The other is turning Lucina into a combo OR rushdown character(Or both at the same time.) but eh.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Those that are completely for customs but refuse to listen to the other side are being ridiculous. I used to completely support customs and thought anyone who didn't was just ignorant and didn't want to accept change. After all the discussion about it that happened in this thread, I can see valid points for why they shouldn't be legal. Just because the majority is supporting customs doesn't mean you shouldn't fight against them.
On one hand customs are nice, but on the other, they completely send things out of wack.
While it's great that characters benefit from the customs, a lot of them benefit too much from them.
I'm still for customs, but a lot of workarounds are going to have to be made if they're going to be the norm in the future.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Really?!? Custom talk again?!?

I'm honestly getting a little sick of it in this thread. We haven't accomplished anything by talking about it.

The only things I see being discussed whenever they are brought up is, "this side is wrong because they are casual/arrogant/ etc."

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The following post has nothing to do with the current topic and is purely for amusement.

*ahem*

:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:T O P T I E R B O Y Z :4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Oop, @ Cenizas Cenizas found it. It was on page 742. Out of curiosity, what could you possibly be photoshopping into this? •,•

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 :secretkpop:
I just realised how little he is wearing...

berserker01 said:
I'm not trying to suck off my own main's sausage

In other news, I listened to "Still Into You" by Paramore for the first time in ages on the radio & it was glorious

/deardiary

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
On one hand customs are nice, but on the other, they completely send things out of wack.
While it's great that characters benefit from the customs, a lot of them benefit too much from them.
I'm still for customs, but a lot of workarounds are going to have to be made if they're going to be the norm in the future.
If it's not better than Diddy, it's not out of wack.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
I started being anti custom, then thought they were funny and didn't bring too much trouble.
Now i think we should seriously discussing them before next apex, but after EVO, to be sure they are not a "worst than the decease" medecine.

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
The following post has nothing to do with the current topic and is purely for amusement.

*ahem*

:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:T O P T I E R B O Y Z :4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:
Do you like make this stuff yourself? Really impressive along with the Falcon dance.

By the way, I heard Finding Dory is going to come out around November. You hype? I'm just asking as it seems you're an avid Disney fan and might have found some information that I'd be too lazy to find myself.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Wouhou my 100th post was in this thread. I can't stop.
Your MK is beautiful, look like it gonna fly

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Someone answer me this: why is this social marked as a guide? I'm willing to bet it's a joke I don't get.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Do you like make this stuff yourself? Really impressive along with the Falcon dance.

By the way, I heard Finding Dory is going to come out around November. You hype? I'm just asking as it seems you're an avid Disney fan and might have found some information that I'd be too lazy to find myself.
Oh goodness, no! :p
I'm just handy with the powers of KnowYourMeme and Google. The limit of my custom abilities extends only to small sprites and meme making.

Well you're right that Finding Dory is coming out but it isn't due for release until next year. Currently, Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur are Pixar's two films planned for 2015 along with Toy Story's 20th Anniversary. Regardless, I'm pretty excited for all three films.

Top Bottom