• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The best part is that you get all of this AND one of the best OoS options (if not the best) in the game, it's so delightful! God bless you Up+B 1.
I'm probably a little biased, but Game & Watch's Up-B 3, Trampoline Launch, is a good contender as well. It does a little less damage but has more horizontal range, kills comparably, and doesn't put Game & Watch into freefall. Most important, it's actually a good recovery move :lick:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh my god I need to stop rolling because I keep getting myself caught in Down Smashes like an idiot.

Also lol Greninja can get out of an aerial Shuttle Loop with Shadow Sneak.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm probably a little biased, but Game & Watch's Up-B 3, Trampoline Launch, is a good contender as well. It does a little less damage but has more horizontal range, kills comparably, and doesn't put Game & Watch into freefall. Most important, it's actually a good recovery move :lick:
Huh, I didn't know upB 3 was the stronger upB for KOing. I noticed it's the slowest one too, though still frame 12...does it have less invincibility or something? What's the tradeoff?

Also lol Greninja can get out of an aerial Shuttle Loop with Shadow Sneak.
lol wow I never thought to try this before but it really does work

HITSTUN CANCELS

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Only the aerial shuttle loop can get hitstun cancelled, grounded shuttle loop/shuttle loop OOS cannot be cancelled. Problem is that not only is it hard to time but its also not safe to do constantly since Frog will be left wide open if MK baits the shadow sneak

And the punish will be a grounded shuttle loop that has more power and hitstun, its a nice exploit to have until the MK user learns to wait.

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I was directed here, by Wolfie, to ask for matches.

Anybody up for 2 stock, 6 minute matches with me? Customs on. I have a tournament today, which has implemented customs, so I want to get more practice with it. .-.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Only the aerial shuttle loop can get hitstun cancelled, grounded shuttle loop/shuttle loop OOS cannot be cancelled. Problem is that not only is it hard to time but its also not safe to do constantly since Frog will be left wide open if MK baits the shadow sneak

And the punish will be a grounded shuttle loop that has more power and hitstun, its a nice exploit to have until the MK user learns to wait.
I specifically said it was an aerial SL that could be hitstune cancelled anyway.

Hitstun Cancelling with Shadow Sneak is hard enough to do with moves that hit multiple times like ZSS's Up-B, timing it right for SL is going to be nearly impossible without getting lucky or having god tier reflexes. I only mentioned it because I thought it was silly.

Also Shadow Sneak doesn't have that much end lag, if Greninja uses it high in the air he can act before MK can get to the ground and use another SL.

Soul.

This is officially the CCI social. @ Soul. Soul. - we've upgraded again. I think we're 4.0 now?

Since HM brought up time outs... I'm stuck trying to decide whether I like 3-stock 8 minutes or 2-stock 6 minutes. The extra 2 minutes for a timeout makes a big difference in terms of playability and watchability, especially in sets of 3. On the other hand, I like 3 stocks better than 2 because of adaptation and more chances for % specific stuff.
This isn't the CCI thread until they change the title my friend.
also idk about the Pika vs. Shulk matchup so yeah

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I specifically said it was an aerial SL that could be hitstune cancelled anyway.

Hitstun Cancelling with Shadow Sneak is hard enough to do with moves that hit multiple times like ZSS's Up-B, timing it right for SL is going to be nearly impossible without getting lucky or having god tier reflexes. I only mentioned it because I thought it was silly.

Also Shadow Sneak doesn't have that much end lag, if Greninja uses it high in the air he can act before MK can get to the ground and use another SL.
Oh, hey, FullMoon! Nifty seeing you over here.

warionumbah2

Smash Master

Well i just wanted to say it again, it doesn't have much end lag but it doee have enough end lag for characters to punish. DA doesn't send you that high until really high percents, actually non of MKs moves without the aid of uair or aerial shuttle loop sends you that high.

Its a silly little trick indeed.
I have changed my avatar.
That's the greatest piece of art i've ever seen.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Because SS preserves the upward momentum from the hit when used to hitstun cancel he doesn't fall much below his initial position before he can act again, like one character height.

Also I didn't verify yet but with the hitlag from the first hit there should be something like 32 frames from the start of Shuttle Loop to the second hit connecting, and SL's usually going to be combo'd into; at kill percent I'm pretty sure grounded loop can't be used to punish after baiting an SS off something like dash attack or fthrow.

Midair jump>bair might work as a punish though; Dimensional Cape could definitely punish it and would look stylish af

I have changed my avatar.
You should draw leffen's hair on the sword.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Bair only looks cool with black lightning, either way it can get punished hard but I do think you 2 overestimate dashattacks KB especially around 80%.

Mid air down b sounds slick though.

Edit: my page and ma vid finished uploading, pretty weird but idc.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Gorls I need your help. I'm trying to find a photo posted here to photoshop and place In the Zeldaganda thread but I don't remember who put it up. It was some guy in red underwear or whatever. I think the background was kind of cloudy as well. Thanks in advance.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Huh, I didn't know upB 3 was the stronger upB for KOing. I noticed it's the slowest one too, though still frame 12...does it have less invincibility or something? What's ttradeoff?
I think you're right in that it's the slowest. He doesn't' get a parachute to drift left or right when he's done (though it goes the highest vertically) and it only has a hitbox at the beginning, not along the whole jump.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Gorls I need your help. I'm trying to find a photo posted here to photoshop and place In the Zeldaganda thread but I don't remember who put it up. It was some guy in red underwear or whatever. I think the background was kind of cloudy as well. Thanks in advance.
I know what you're talking about. I think it's on page 734 but I'm not sure. I can go take a look around there.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
if you were really three steps ahead you would've had the MK done before he even asked

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Want to see one of the best pieces of abysmal acting in dubbed anime? This is from MM8 in the PS1 era when everything was voiced because the technology finally allowed it but was still utter pond scum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h4Vt8MR8NY
Oh god, I remember how bad this was. MMX4 also has terrible voice acting and some of the same actors for MM8 also did voice acting for X4. Both Mega Man 8 and X4 do have one thing in common: The voice acting is funny for all of the wrong reasons.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOR

and then there's the game we don't speak of

Mega Man games are just good at not being good at voice acting
Axl sounds like a whiny little brat and Flame Hyenard just murders your ears. And those two don't even have the worst voices.
That 'honor' goes to X (he sounds like an old man to me) and Tornado Tonion (you will want to mute your TV when you hear his voice).
The last sentence is so true it's not even funny.
Edit: And yes, to those who haven't played X7 (you're lucky) there is a boss named Tornado Tonion. It's as dumb as it sounds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh okay!

Are we doing rotations or FFA? Cause I dunno what rotations are like haha
We b doin rotations. and if you don't know what rotations are, It's basically two of us doing our match with the last person watching. So the fight order goes like this (The letter in the parenthesis represents who's out): AB(C) > CA(B) > BC(A) > AB(C).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom