• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
STOP.
okay. So, Mario Galaxy music is amazing. But grass messes up dash lengths and that's pretty important for a flat stage that's usually picked by characters who utilize good ground movement. Tuna's music definitely rivals Galaxy's, but I completely respect Galaxy>Uprising in terms of soundtrack.
WHY DID I CLICK ON ALL THOSE SPOILERS?!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@ HeroMystic HeroMystic

What is the usual ruleset for texas tournaments? Or at least the ones you go to?
In SA it's 7 mins, 3 stocks.

Stages
Neutral/Starter :
Battlefield
Final Destination (any version)
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
SkyLoft
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt

More info here

At the Sunday Weekly, it's the same, except customs are on and winner is allowed two stage bans. Our Thursday Weekly will most likely change to two bans as well.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
WHY DID I CLICK ON ALL THOSE SPOILERS?!
lol
keep
going
You think I'm done?
You're almost there.
lol nope. No you're not. You should give up.
Because you don't know how to hit "reply" so you can read it much easier.
yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
STOP.
okay. So, Mario Galaxy music is amazing. But grass messes up dash lengths and that's pretty important for a flat stage that's usually picked by characters who utilize good ground movement. Tuna's music definitely rivals Galaxy's, but I completely respect Galaxy>Uprising in terms of soundtrack.
Pulling a Lavani without using a troll comment? Classy. 10/10

Totally forgot about the grass. Ideally though, FD should mean just FD, flash or no flash imo.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Pulling a Lavani without using a troll comment? Classy. 10/10

Totally forgot about the grass. Ideally though, FD should mean just FD, flash or no flash imo.
My other issue is that the black background makes Mii Brawler's shotput incredibly annoying to see. Incredibly dumb complaint, but a complaint nonetheless.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Windy Hill's one of those stages that's wholly interactive while still being viable. Uniquely placed platform layouts in two areas, a dip in elevation on the right side, and a constantly moving windmill, all under a very low ceiling, I think it's actually lower than Halberd's. I'd love to see Windy Hill used more.

And plus I'd love to have Right There Ride On blaring in a tournament set so sue me.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I suck on Smashville even though Shulk is good in SV

Why do I suck? The music blows
So basically what you're saying is that in order for you to do good, you gotta have that good music?
So that's why you don't like Halberd :smirk:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
In SA it's 7 mins, 3 stocks.

Stages
Neutral/Starter :
Battlefield
Final Destination (any version)
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
SkyLoft
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt

More info here

At the Sunday Weekly, it's the same, except customs are on and winner is allowed two stage bans. Our Thursday Weekly will most likely change to two bans as well.
Well, thats actually a pretty good stage list. Didn't you say Wuhu was legal though? Or is that for a different thing.

A little salty with Pokemon stadium 2 over wuhu.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Halberd's roofie kills are super stupid, but it's actually not the only stage that does that. Delfino and Lylat does the same thing.
Idk I haven't found Delfino's or Lylat's ceiling to be as exploitable as that of Halberd and Duck Hunt. Plus, I have bias for Delfino as it's legit a good counterpick for Zelda hurr durr. :^)

Now I don't know if I want to remove this gaycat or not haha it's too perf.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
My other issue is that the black background makes Mii Brawler's shotput incredibly annoying to see. Incredibly dumb complaint, but a complaint nonetheless.
Shotput sucks anyways.

On the topic of shotput, how are non-custom tournaments handling the Miis? Are they restricted to 1111? Cause I've seen a lot of tourney videos in which customs weren't legal but Brawler was allowed to use Helicopter Kick and that's just weird.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Halberd has amazing music to be sure. Talking about Kirby music just bring me down on how many glorious modern Kirby songs didn't make it into this smash game though... Seriously, I could probably name 50 tracks that should've been in from modern kirby games. >.>

Mii Brawler's kinda overrated. I managed to go against one with Shulk. It was not that hard at all to deal with him imo.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Ugh I just lost to a Wario that kept camping me with the bike and the lag was making it impossible to hit him.

Gonna take a break because the salt is real.

I've dropped all the way to 87th in Anther's Ladder, I'm pretty sure Top 75 is as far as I can go in there. Be it because of the lag or because I'm just not good enough to beat the higher ranked people.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Well, thats actually a pretty good stage list. Didn't you say Wuhu was legal though? Or is that for a different thing.

A little salty with Pokemon stadium 2 over wuhu.
Wuhu is legal in Houston. I believe we took off Wuhu because we didn't want too many moving stages when we already have Delfino and Skyloft. With two bans this might change.

We've always kept Pokemon Stadium 2 legal even during Brawl. So it carried over to Smash 4 without any issues.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Halberd has amazing music to be sure. Talking about Kirby music just bring me down on how many glorious modern Kirby songs didn't make it into this smash game though... Seriously, I could probably name 50 tracks that should've been in from modern kirby games. >.>
Sakurai made the game, it's not farfetched to think his Kirby music expertise doesn't go any farther than Kirby Air Ride.

At least we've got a remix of Amazing Mirror's Forest theme this time. That song sounded so out of place on Halberd in its original form.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Petition to include a new Kirby stage DLC, just so we can stick Rainbow Curse's Coo the Owl remix there.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mii Brawler's kinda overrated. I managed to go against one with Shulk. It was not that hard at all to deal with him imo.
Mii Brawler's frame data + mobility is the dumbest thing on the planet though.

f3 NAir, f2 jab, f8 usmash. Speed Shulk like pivot grab/ftilt/smash sliding, Marth like walking, Fox like foxtrots. I feel like Brawler's meta is somewhat stuck on dthrow>up-B outside of a few players and eventually people will start using the character's mobility to its potential.

His range and kill setups are an issue, but like... f*ck.

Top Bottom