• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Haha, story behind this one.

Ally lost in Winner's Bracket against Red X, who is the guy who lost to Holy, which is Ally's brother and the guy he's hugging.

People mocked Ally all night for that because he's the villain wrecking everyone. So he told Holy to kick Red X's *** so he can beat him in Loser's Finals.

And he did. 3-0. Wasn't even close and Ally even SD'd the last match.
LMAO. Ally being a **** but that's why everyone loves/hates him.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Oh, in other news and on topic of Metroid: Norfair is a ****ing awesome competitive stage. Hazards are all completely telegraphed/super slow/random and easily avoided, but can be combo'd into. I'd legalize that in an instant along with MK8.

Super Mario U can go die though. GIANT ICICLE OUT OF NOWHERE. What, you missed the water droplet off screen?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
The other day I was playing on Norfair and I realized for the first time that the background is a 2D Norfair level
HOW DID I NEVER NOTICE THAT??? There's amazing attention to detail put into that stage.
Oh, in other news and on topic of Metroid: Norfair is a ****ing awesome competitive stage. Hazards are all completely telegraphed/super slow/random and easily avoided, but can be combo'd into. I'd legalize that in an instant along with MK8.

Super Mario U can go die though. GIANT ICICLE OUT OF NOWHERE. What, you missed the water droplet off screen?
#norfairisfair
this should become the new legalize Mario Circuit

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Okay so after the massacre that was customs Sonic I ended up fighting AlmostLegendary in the Smash Ladder and I won both sets and even 2-stocked him.

Feels kinda good. I doubt that will change his opinion on Greninja anyway.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

Norfair used to be legal during Brawl, but then it was snuffed out.

Reason? "It's gay."

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Shame too, because it was Link's best stage by far and could have really shot his viability up a few notches had it remained on the up and up.

Maybe with 5P Smash negating the hazards, it could see more use?

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Norfair used to be legal during Brawl, but then it was snuffed out.

Reason? "It's gay."
Considering I play Megay Man, I endorse and embrace its gayness.

But in Brawl you couldn't shield the lava jets/wave... right? Also, the amount of ledges + ledge invincibility = dumb. Both of those things were fixed making it a far better stage. It's not even that "gay," if we want to reuse that word again.

Edit: Wait, I just realized SFLR just acknowledge #LegalizeMarioCircuit as a thing even though I swear I'm the only one who's ever used that. I feel trendy.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wuhu island before Norfair though. Granted, proving Norfair's legality could help with other stages, but it seems like a waste of time when few people are willing to give Wuhu, a completely fair stage, a shot.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Grinding HRC again

I beat my previous record of 11710.9ft
with 11713.9ft
progress!

I want to break 12k but I don't know what to do differently ;_;

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Is there anywhere i could go that explains tourney rules more deeply... im still confused about all the rules, like i still dont know the difference between neutral stages and counter-pick stages
Neutral stages are the only stages available on the first match of a set. Counter pick stages are available from then on + the neutral stages. Just think of neutral stages as a starting point.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
For the first time ever, I'm just skipping to the current page. You guys just overwhelm me.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
omg @Fernosaur I'm crying :'D

Also I had this idea for a cartoon/drawing of Sonic getting comically impaled by the Phantom's sword (he seems to have a bad rep here).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Considering I play Megay Man, I endorse and embrace its gayness.

But in Brawl you couldn't shield the lava jets/wave... right? Also, the amount of ledges + ledge invincibility = dumb. Both of those things were fixed making it a far better stage. It's not even that "gay," if we want to reuse that word again.
Honestly people just didn't like the hazards. Planking was just an excuse necessary to ban it.

Wuhu island before Norfair though. Granted, proving Norfair's legality could help with other stages, but it seems like a waste of time when few people are willing to give Wuhu, a completely fair stage, a shot.
In Houston, they have Wuhu legal, along with Coliseum(wat) and Wii Fit Studio(WAT).

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
WHAT? They enabled jumping without morph bombs? BS.
Yeah, they did. It's standard in Corruption so I guess they just carried it over. When I first played Echoes I was like "Spider Guardian isn't hard lol" but one of my friends pointed out that you had to bomb jump originally, so I tried it when I played it again. I lost at least once (might have been twice?). It just takes a lot of precision and patience. If I'm going to be honest, Corruption feels like the weakest of the three as far as the games go, but that could easily he because the amazing controls, which were originally exclusive to it, were given to the others as well.

@ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan I did a bit of research on the Oil Panic variants because someone wanted to know how Panic Overload differed from the default. Here's the summary:

Oil Panic: 2.8x with a 60% cap
Efficient Panic: 2x with a 10% lower limit and a 24% cap
Panic Overload: 2.5x with a 45% cap

I could still see Efficient Panic being handy as a damage racker in a handful of MUs (like Mega Man/Fox) but it's not worth sacrificing damage, recovery time (default Oil Panic is already pretty slow), and absorption area for a larger attack, not when Oil Panic is already one of the biggest hitboxes in the game. I wish one of his customs was usable against characters without projectiles like Villager's Garden.

And yeah, we should have exchanged Friend Vouchers. Now I'll never get those bobbleheads.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm gonna go way off topic here.
So, do you gorls have any manga series you would recommend to me?
Any genre is fine, including older ones.

Also, I got my smash soundtrack (finally).
I swear they want me to snap the cd in half to get it out of the case.
All of the songs are also named in Japanese on my computer for some reason so I can't really tell which song it is.

Rizen

Smash Legend
IIRC Norfair was made illegal in Brawl because MK was untouchable with all those ledges. Like Brinstar but even worse :sadeyes:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly people just didn't like the hazards. Planking was just an excuse necessary to ban it.

In Houston, they have Wuhu legal, along with Coliseum(wat) and Wii Fit Studio(WAT).
Oh really? I actually live very close to Houston so I should check that out.

Also, Wii fit studio is better then Coliseum due to the mirrors. It's not much better since it is still a walkoff. But it is something.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Neutral stages are the only stages available on the first match of a set. Counter pick stages are available from then on + the neutral stages. Just think of neutral stages as a starting point.
I'd also encourage people to call the "neutral" stages "starter" stages, as they're not really "neutral." Relative to some of the other stages? Yeah, they're probably more neutral, but they are not neutral per se. Just a pet peeve of the community.

@ Berserker. Berserker. - But the hashtags...
@ HeroMystic HeroMystic - Everything's bigger in Texas. Even the main platform. Duh.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Okay so after the massacre that was customs Sonic I ended up fighting AlmostLegendary in the Smash Ladder and I won both sets and even 2-stocked him.

Feels kinda good. I doubt that will change his opinion on Greninja anyway.
Ok im a noob, who's AlmostLegendary? : 3

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Wait, enlighten me. What is the Wii Fit Studio stage like? Also, Coliseum legal? The hell? Well, better than the one 3DS tourney I heard about that had Gaur Plains legal.
Let that sink in for a bit...

Last edited:

Soul.

Wait, enlighten me. What is the Wii Fit Studio stage like? Also, Coliseum legal? The hell? Well, better than the one 3DS tourney I heard about that had Gaur Plains legal.
Let that sink in for a bit...
A walkoff.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Could be worse. You could be in Oklahoma, where the stagelist is FD/BF/SV, and Town & City. That's it.

=/

Top Bottom