• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

I heard about that had Gaur Plains legal.
LMAO. I guess I'd be okay with that solely because Xenoblade music is awesome

Becoming even more convinced that Shulk vs Diddy is not that hard. Shulk vs Sheik is dumb though but not Shulk vs Fox dumb.
Could be worse. You could be in Oklahoma, where the stagelist is FD/BF/SV, and Town & City. That's it.

=/
At least Halberd isn't legal

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Oh really? I actually live very close to Houston so I should check that out.
They have the biggest monthlies in Texas called TGC. You can pretty much call them regionals. Shaky, a really strong Ness Main from Kansas, came to this. So if you want to meet a lot of people, this would be cool.

Dallas runs the EVO ruleset. They seem to be the only ones doing that. The rest (SA and Houston) go 3 stock/no customs.
In SA, we have two weeklies. One on Thursday with no customs, and one on Sunday with customs. They also both run monthlies.

Houston will never have customs because of our lord and savior.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
LMAO. I guess I'd be okay with that solely because Xenoblade music is awesome
Haha, true. Still though, it's not a stage that seems fine for competitive play. Maybe the omega form could be fine, but I'm not sure on that entirely.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm having so many conflicting feelings about Rosalina right now
@ Lavani Lavani @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL Can either of you convince me why I should play her?

Be glad you don't know lol
That depends on how much time you put her. I think I recall you saying you stopped using her because you weren't good with her?

She isn't the type of character you can pick up and #rekt despite being top tier. You have to really learn how to use her as she can become disadvantaged really easily.

But man does she feel sooo good when you do finally get her. It's awesome killing with her. Not to mention she is hot beautiful. She's just a satisfying character. Theres also the feeling of Luma getting a surprise hit on the opponent that gives a good chuckle.

With that said, it just feels right for me to play Rosalina. I just get that awesome feeling. You could easily experience that feeling with someone else.

That's about as far as I can go without getting banned.
Also this. Mostly this.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
That depends on how much time you put her. I think I recall you saying you stopped using her because you weren't good with her?

She isn't the type of character you can pick up and #rekt despite being top tier. You have to really learn how to use her as she can become disadvantaged really easily.

But man does she feel sooo good when you do finally get her. It's awesome killing with her. Not to mention she is hot beautiful. She's just a satisfying character. Theres also the feeling of Luma getting a surprise hit on the opponent that gives a good chuckle.

With that said, it just feels right for me to play Rosalina. I just get that awesome feeling. You could easily experience that feeling with someone else.
Well...I already main Shulk who requires a lot of work so I'm just wondering if putting a lot of time in to both of them is going to be too much. I used to be really good with her on a basic level but not with stuff like Lunar Landing and all of that. Rosalina is my favorite Mario character too sooo I'm definitely considering her. Ty for the advice
Not to mention she is hot beautiful.
xD

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Damnit Lavani.

Why? Why must you torture my heart!?
W-Well I was going to use that as my avatar after this one, but I guess this works too...

I'll just stay loyal to Trauare I guess :^)

EDIT: 11867.4ft
SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE I-
>You can't save any more replays.
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Halberd should be legal. I don't care if Diddy kills earlier there. The stage list becomes more balanced the more diverse stages are put in. You can just strike it.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I'll take Halberd anyday over Lylat Cruise. Getting Lylat'd is just frustrating especially with characters that are dependent on the ledge for recovery.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Wait, Halberd isn't legal? I was like 100% sure it was legal.

What are the legal stages by now anyways? Omega everything? :/

The only thing I have against Norfair is that it hurts my eyes from the glowing oranges and reds. But then again Final Destination has WHITE SCREEEENNNN

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wait, Halberd isn't legal? I was like 100% sure it was legal.

What are the legal stages by now anyways? Omega everything? :/

The only thing I have against Norfair is that it hurts my eyes from the glowing oranges and reds. But then again Final Destination has WHITE SCREEEENNNN
Bear in mind rules are different by regions. Halberd is generally legal, but there are a few regions that don't like it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The one thing that makes me not like Halberd that much is that the way the main platform is set up, the ground can block my shurikens.

Other than that it's great, though Town and City is my favorite competitive stage.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Is there any footage of a tournament match taking place on a walkoff available?

Honestly, I usually rate a stage based on what music on it is playable.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
What do you gorls think about Windy Hill Zone? It's the one stage that is often mentioned as questionably legal that I have absolutely 0 experience on and I don't really plan to unless forced to (it's just so weird and asymmetrical [aka I just don't like it, like I don't like yoshi's island]).

I'd totally gentleman's agreement to Kalos, even though it's way too janky to be tourney standard legal.

Other than that:
BF
FD (swap with omega Tena because music & background)
Skyloft
SV
TC
Lylat
KJ64
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt
Delfino
Halberd
Wuhu
MK8
PS2
Norfair
15 stages with 4 stage strikes for the winner

Walkoffs are totally fine in my book if they're temporary. Castle Siege is a problem only in 6 minute rulesets because 6 minutes ends on the 2nd transformation.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

I'm done
What do you gorls think about Windy Hill Zone? It's the one stage that is often mentioned as questionably legal that I have absolutely 0 experience on and I don't really plan to unless forced to (it's just so weird and asymmetrical [aka I just don't like it, like I don't like yoshi's island]).

I'd totally gentleman's agreement to Kalos, even though it's way too janky to be tourney standard legal.

Other than that:
BF
Skyloft
SV
TC
Lylat
KJ64
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt
Delfino
Halberd
Wuhu
MK8
PS2
Norfair

Walkoffs are totally fine in my book if they're temporary. Castle Siege is a problem only in 6 minute rulesets because 6 minutes ends on the 2nd transformation.
WIndy Hill Zone should be legal imo. Nothing wrong with it except the springs that can send you downwards if you're not careful, but Kongo Jungle 64 is often legal and the barrel can do the same

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196

Other than that:
BF
Skyloft
SV
TC
Lylat
KJ64
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt
Delfino
Halberd
Wuhu
MK8
PS2
Norfair

Ew, the music on Tuna's is trash tier. Mario Galaxy is where it's at.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lylat Cruise needs to be legal in order to screw over Diddy Kong and Rosalina's recovery. Honestly, Zelda hates that stage too, but I'd definitely consider counterpicking it against the aforementioned stupids. Can make our life slightly easier surprisingly. :/

I'm also leaning towards banning Halberd because of... again, the aforementioned stupids.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Ew, the music on Tuna's is trash tier. Mario Galaxy is where it's at.
STOP.
okay. So, Mario Galaxy music is amazing. But grass messes up dash lengths and that's pretty important for a flat stage that's usually picked by characters who utilize good ground movement. Tuna's music definitely rivals Galaxy's, but I completely respect Galaxy>Uprising in terms of soundtrack.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
WIndy Hill Zone should be legal imo. Nothing wrong with it except the springs that can send you downwards if you're not careful, but Kongo Jungle 64 is often legal and the barrel can do the same
The problem with Windy Hill is that it's way too big for it to be legal. You pretty much need to be fighting anywhere but center stage for the match to not go to time. Kongo Jungle 64 is legal because it's small and compact, Windy Hill isn't.
Granted, it's not ginormous but still.

I can live with omega anything. Shulk can't do much on Omega stages but for as long as the music is good, it will do

Top Bottom