• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Ironically, we have a "Green" connection, Kofu.

Eh.

We'll have to try this some other time, I suppose. GGs still.

Sorry Josh, I gotta go. Matches were a little laggy but good otherwise. I'm experimenting more with his customs as you could probably see. Chef customs seem decent, I suspect he can get some impressive combos off of XXL Chef (about 8% per hit is lol). Judge customs are sidegrades, I'm less impressed with Chain Judge after learning the low numbers are punishable on hit. Up-Bs seem fun be they'll take getting used to. Default Oil Panic is best for most MUs (definitely Robin IMO). Panic Overload is way too laggy to be consistently useful though I loled at how far it reaches.

Both Thunder customs seem like they'd be better than default depending on the MU (Thunder+ is crazy strong, wow). Fire Wall seems pretty bad tbh.

I could still see the MU being even just because of how much Game & Watch has to respect the Levin Sword. Huge range, lingering hitboxes, and high power. I really like how fluid you make Robin look, it's a far cry from what I'm used t lo seeing from him.

That DAir kill first game was beautiful IMO.
Yeah, I'm surprised I was able to get the grab after getting hit by 3-Chain. It's a big gamble, but the high numbers would really rack the damage up if you're feeling lucky.

I'm very shocked that even with a powered Thoron+, Panic Overload barely sent me anywhere. That custom /really/ cuts back on the knockback for the range instead. I guess the other Oil Panic custom also has bad knockback in exchange for filling up rapidly, or is it just because it absorbed Arcfire, which barely sends Robin anywhere with default Bucket anyway?

The more I use Thunder+, the less I find it useful in singles. Robin wants consistent projectile pressure, or at least my Robin does, and Thunder+'s loooooooong charge and startup throw a wrench into that. Speed Thunder's a beauty though.

Fire Wall...eh, there's good and there's bad. Game & Watch just happens to have high priority everything to breeze right through it with an aerial or Dash Attack, I just wasn't aware of how high priority the moves were. The only other move I've seen blow through Fire Wall like a champ was Diddy's Monkey Flip Kick, and, well, it's Monkey Flip Kick. I now know not to use Fire Wall for this matchup.

Your Game and Watch is out of the norm as well! Every option picked was done so optimally to where I couldn't beat it out, get away in time, or punish, it was /really/ hard to get things going when you had stage control, compared to other GWs I've played. I'd put the matchup down as even as well, maybe 55:45 either way depending on what customs the two are running.

That Dair's what I'm talking about. I had no options and you went gun-ho for it. Yep. Solid.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Alicia makes bread

Alicia >>>>>> Edy
Edy can dance, and she breaks the fourth wall.

Gorl, Samus has more issues than killing. Charge shot is the life blood of Samus and it kills beautifully.
Customs Samus rids of all of her kill problems tbh.

Her main issue is she gets juggled for free due to her abysmal fall speed, and yeah, her approaching mostly sucks. She has shoulder ram Dash Attack though. She also can't really handle anyone in her personal space thanks to her having one of the worst jabs in the game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Those Sky Temple keys were a fricking nightmare to get. Do you know what the final boss is? I hope not, because it's pretty amazing if you're not expecting it.
Yeah I beat the Trilogy before then loaned someone my disk and they lost it (:facepalm:). It's really cool. :)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Last edited:

Soul.

God no, no connection to him. Hate his personality. Hate his playstyle.

I'm not gonna commit to someone until I main them for like a month.

I've played it, I really liked it. Other M was good too.
ok use Luigi

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
God no, no connection to him. Hate his personality. Hate his playstyle.
But Cheaters always win! :4wario:
I'm not gonna commit to someone until I main them for like 2 months.
With your rate, never? :4wario2:
I've played it, I really liked it. Other M was good too.
BRB forwarding this to GameFAQs :4wario:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Edy can dance, and she breaks the fourth wall.

Customs Samus rids of all of her kill problems tbh.

Her main issue is she gets juggled for free due to her abysmal fall speed, and yeah, her approaching mostly sucks. She has shoulder ram Dash Attack though. She also can't really handle anyone in her personal space thanks to her having one of the worst jabs in the game.
I haven't messed with custom samus nearly enough. I am a big fan of the big bomb as I find slip bomb's range to be lacking along with the small window you're able to attack before going into morph ball. Are you talking about apex screw attack?

And yeah, dash attack is good (like Zelda's) but shield>Samus's melee attacks except for spaced bair, falling UAir, and sweet spot fsmash. And with a high risk ehh reward grab... Shield all day err day.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Here are a few combos I found with Din's Blaze so far. I love this custom! Its great for defensive play since you can cover yourself in a ticking time bomb or deny opponents a part of the stage momentarily. It's also really good at setting up traps and combos if you can get the positioning right. This move is going to be awesome for mind games lol.

Din's Blaze, the Project M wannabe, but very much inferior. This is pretty sweet though, thanks for sharing. I love the idea of traps + combos.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Other M as a game was great. It had a very fun gameplay and made the transition from 2D metroid games to 3D very well.

Other M as a story is a disgrace to videogame history.

Also, I like that @ Locke 06 Locke 06 says "gorl" now XD

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
^This. I'm up to MP2 with 2 sky temple keys remaining. The MP Trilogy is a steal at $20 on nintendo E shop.
Man, I have the hard copy which comes with a sexy metal case and a storyline/artbook.

Echoes is a great game, I feel like it has some of the best and the worst stuff in the trilogy (Grenchlers and their range can go die in a fire). Amusingly I completed the logbook without a guide my first time through because I had heard that there were a lot of short-lived one-time scans so I just scanned everything. One thing to note is that for Prime and Echoes the original games didn't enable jumping without bombs in Morph Ball form. Beating the Spider Guardian without using the spring ball is a really tedious experience.

But yeah, I didn't realize it was only $20 on the eshop. If anyone here hasn't played the trilogy before, I'd recommend getting it. It's a great experience.

@ Macchiato Macchiato I think it's a little funny you're replacing WFT with Samus because they feel like two sides of the same coin to me. Sun Salutation has one major advantage over Charge Shot in that you can charge it in the air. I can't say whether Header or Missiles are better (it's probably MU dependant). Samus has decent range but most of her attacks don't feel very substantial and her multihit attacks are unreliable by Smash 4 standards. Compare that to WFT, who struggles with range but has pretty good damage per hit. Both characters have a relatively safe recovery and get good buffs from customs. Both want to control space but have troubles approaching. If you took the good stuff from each character you'd have a great fighter on your hands.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Speaking of WFT and Header

I reflected it with 0% Lucario Aura Sphere charge

so I don't think there's any damage threshold unlike gordos

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Other M had really fun gameplay and I liked that a lot. The story was just
lol
It's such a disgrace to Metroid, Samus, and video games in general that I don't even want to talk about it

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Let it be known I hate Other M so much that I pretend it doesn't exist.

I haven't messed with custom samus nearly enough. I am a big fan of the big bomb as I find slip bomb's range to be lacking along with the small window you're able to attack before going into morph ball. Are you talking about apex screw attack?

And yeah, dash attack is good (like Zelda's) but shield>Samus's melee attacks except for spaced bair, falling UAir, and sweet spot fsmash. And with a high risk ehh reward grab... Shield all day err day.
Apex Screw Attack I actually find lacking and I prefer Default Screw Attack. Mega Bomb and Relentless Missiles though are tastey. My games with @Road Death Wheel helped me see that. So easy to get kill confirms with Slow Missiles into Charged Shot. Mega Bomb does what normal bombs are supposed to do and actually give stage control, and Relentless Missiles makes zoning way more efficient.

Farorae

Smash Ace
Man, I have the hard copy which comes with a sexy metal case and a storyline/artbook.

Echoes is a great game, I feel like it has some of the best and the worst stuff in the trilogy (Grenchlers and their range can go die in a fire). Amusingly I completed the logbook without a guide my first time through because I had heard that there were a lot of short-lived one-time scans so I just scanned everything. One thing to note is that for Prime and Echoes the original games didn't enable jumping without bombs in Morph Ball form. Beating the Spider Guardian without using the spring ball is a really tedious experience.

But yeah, I didn't realize it was only $20 on the eshop. If anyone here hasn't played the trilogy before, I'd recommend getting it. It's a great experience.

@ Macchiato Macchiato I think it's a little funny you're replacing WFT with Samus because they feel like two sides of the same coin to me. Sun Salutation has one major advantage over Charge Shot in that you can charge it in the air. I can't say whether Header or Missiles are better (it's probably MU dependant). Samus has decent range but most of her attacks don't feel very substantial and her multihit attacks are unreliable by Smash 4 standards. Compare that to WFT, who struggles with range but has pretty good damage per hit. Both characters have a relatively safe recovery and get good buffs from customs. Both want to control space but have troubles approaching. If you took the good stuff from each character you'd have a great fighter on your hands.
Great so just get Male WFT and Samus to have a child by the time Smash 5 rolls around.

ends up getting worst traits from both

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
****, Kofu, we totally forgot to exchange Wii Friend Codes when you got Metroid Prime Trilogy back in the day so we could unlock the remaining dioramas and music. :(

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ugh, don't get me started on Other M, lol.

Oh man that Spider Guardian :facepalm: I had a much easier time my second play through though. I was so glad when the Trilogy came out on E-shop; I got it for $10 because it was half off the first week it was released. :grin:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

WHAT? They enabled jumping without morph bombs? BS.

I also really enjoyed Other M's gameplay. Although the dodge mechanic was BD Ninja status OP (still need to buy that).

Also, yes. Sometimes I let my sassy side come out. Rarely, but it happens.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fox doesn't have range. Neither does Mario. It's one thing that Diddy has that really gives him an edge in ease of use.
Stupid stretchy limbs. :glare:

@ Ffamran Ffamran
I'm just catching up on all sorts of things today!

I'm like 95% sure that fair just clanked with the hydrant in the falco v pac replay
That's just... weird. Can Sonic do that too?

From a recent match, a Captain Falco grabbed me, I got out, and some how, we slid off the stage... What happened? Replay will be up. There's also the lag and KO Punch windbox replay which is surreal since it's fluid, whole the match was just horrible.

Also. :p
Roy will always be my boy.

Always.
Optional: I just made a dude ragequit story.
He used Ganondorf, Sonic, Little Mac, and Captain Falcon. I used Sonic to mess around, so I beat his Ganondorf who was spam happy with Flame Choke and Wizard's Foot, but he understood the power of Ganondorf's Up Smash, Uair, and Ftilt, so that was fine until he used Sonic to ditto me. Dude basically copied me and used what he thought were effective and could land. I win that match too and switch to Dr. Mario 'cause I played Sonic for several matches already. Welp, he uses Little Mac - we can see where this is going. I gimp him twice with a Doctor Tornado at the ledge because he hung there for too long and by hitting his Slip Counter which stalled him near the ledge and made him fall to his death. He switches to Captain Falcon and y'know the frame 1 invulnerability or whatever when you get up the ledge? I was able to Jab him over and over and Side Smash him over and over which ledge to him losing a stock and getting gimped. I didn't know that you could lock someone like that. Well, once he spawned, he dripped down and SD'd. The sad parts: his Ganondorf was okay and he learned pretty fast for someone who probably rarely plays Sonic.

Before him was some dude who kept beating me with a good, but cocky Toon Link and me learning why I don't like Sonic's Spring Jump; I have a habit of drifting too far and using Spring Jump under the stage which lead to multiple SDs. I was close to beating his DK, but I messed up and let him land a Fair spike at 186%. Rage and DK is strong... I end up beating I think his Little Mac with a stage spike and a kill or gimp and ended up stage spiking his Lucina twice. He leaves after that. I get bodied all the time... I guess some people are too sensitive or sore losers.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
From a recent match, a Captain Falco grabbed me, I got out, and some how, we slid off the stage... What happened? Replay will be up.
Some characters carry so much momentum from their Dash Grab that if they slide to the edge and break out, the grabber and the grabbee both go flying off. I know Meta Knight can do it, it's not surprising Falcon can do it too.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Pretty much mfw I play a damn custom match. Especially against Shulk for some reason. Lol.
Advancing air slash edge cancels are ****ing awesome. One of these days, I'll regain the motivation to put time into Shulk, but until then I'll just admire from a distance.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Strong language up ahead but this is why Ally is awesome
Haha, story behind this one.

Ally lost in Winner's Bracket against Red X, who is the guy who lost to Holy, which is Ally's brother and the guy he's hugging.

People mocked Ally all night for that because he's the villain wrecking everyone. So he told Holy to kick Red X's ass so he can beat him in Loser's Finals.

And he did. 3-0. Wasn't even close and Ally even SD'd the last match.

Top Bottom