• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Hi gurls !
I'm having trouble sleeping due to severe insomnia, so I decided to say hello again <3

Update : health is improving slightly ( I can actually eat small portions of food again ) so maybe I'm finally kicking off this " sick " I have. Maybe I'll be able to play games again o:

@ UkeNicky UkeNicky @Nairo :
Dissidia fans OOO:

You two ever play online / have interest in playing ? Who did you like playing ? ^^
It's prob my fav game due to how addicting it is with friends and I can probably help you setup playing + teach you the basics as an old Backroom member. I've successfully helped beginners in the past, so don't be shy <3

Anyhow,
I suddenly felt like sharing some music after thinking bout FF :

I feel old for knowing this piece, but as a kid, hearing this on my SNES blew my mind for how complicated the 4 different tiers of the fight had 4 different musical tiers that were able to convert themselves so smoothly as the fight went on without loading or suddenly cutting the pieces off( on a SNES even *O* ).

Srry if I'm fangasm'n or posting non-related content, I just felt like sharing things I like with you all <3
Is okay you can talk about almost anything in this thread lol.
I used to play Dissidia ALL DA TIME before someone stole my PSP and pawned it .-.
I was definitely into the online scene, I mained Ultimecia in the original, and continued to main her in the sequel in which she was megaaa OP lol
oh and Cloud of Darkness!

But I also mained Terra and Shantotto, two characters considered to be low tier.
Terra was more like a glass cannon though, holy sheet, Fire was SO STRONK, hngh. Plus it linked into Firaga in Duodecim so yeah, insanely strong BRV attack -> HP link combo was a very nasty thing to troll people with online.

I mained Kuja in the first game but kinda gave him up in the sequel, he just felt different..

Ughh this is such an easy topic for me to just go crazy on, like you don't even know TwT
That game was my life XD too bad the community sucked

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Welcome back, @ Mericus Mericus

I hope you're recovering swiftly. It sounds rough from the little bits of info you're giving out :(
Ty and glad to see you all again too ^^
It's something I've been dealing with my whole life, sooo.. you kinda " accept it " as you get older yet never am happy about it ><

Tbh what I've been dealing with hardly compares to how sick I've actually gotten, so I'm pretty good @ coping with it.

I mained Kuja in the first game but kinda gave him up in the sequel, he just felt different..
HEY ! I mained him in the first one too !! <3
I was also severely bummed with his changes. He was MEGA-overhauled into practically a Melee fighter rather than a glorious Mage ;-;
I still use him in 012 though despite his mountain of nerfs

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I never owned a PSP... I wanted to play as Jecht or Squall. Maybe Gabranth, Lightning, Cloud, and Tifa. But this BAMF that I never got to play as. :sadeyes:

Fun fact: Vaan does a similar victory pose if he's equipped with a sword after a boss battle in Final Fantasy XII if I remember correctly.

And speaking of Lightning... @kaazers. :p

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I never owned a PSP... I wanted to play as Jecht or Squall. Maybe Gabranth, Lightning, Cloud, and Tifa. But this BAMF that I never got to play as. :sadeyes:

Fun fact: Vaan does a similar victory pose if he's equipped with a sword after a boss battle in Final Fantasy XII if I remember correctly.

And speaking of Lightning... @kaazers. :p
I wonder how many Lightning gifs it takes to break a @kaazers ....
psst keep up the good work

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Jecht is hands down the most fun to play BAMF in the game.
I never expected to enjoy him as much as I did, but ended up being one of my most used characters cuz hes just THAT fun.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Anyways, always a pleasure to watch your tourney play by the way!It would be awesome to see you in Dissidia competitive scene too :p
I pick up a lot of good strategies from you and just like watching you represent some of the more intriguing characters.
Just noticed this :u
Wasn't aware I actually had people who liked me playing ^^;
I loved who I played and am glad you were able to pick up some things :]

I had to actually retire due to health issues getting in the way too much, so that's why I'm no longer a tourny goer.
I'll do my best to get into the new one though.
I'm playing one of my great friends Cherub tomorrow, dunno if you know him but hes got an amazing Ultimecia and Shanty + he helped me with my Kuja when I struggled with him.

If you still have AHP access, feel free to add my PSN " Mericus " n maybe we can do group o:
( and yes... the community kinda sucked / still sucks, but there are a few human gems out there )

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>not just keeping an avatar the past 3 years
Tho I can never contest Hylian who kept his for like a decade or so.

Also Ffam, you play and mod a sad character board. Got Falco when going random a few days ago and it was the most dreadful experience since I bought this game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
>not just keeping an avatar the past 3 years
Tho I can never contest Hylian who kept his for like a decade or so.

Also Ffam, you play and mod a sad character board. Got Falco when going random a few days ago and it was the most dreadful experience since I bought this game.
Meanwhile, the Mii Sword- *remembers Trela won a tournament with MSF*

Anyway, I'm getting hungry looking at this food.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well at least Samus or Zelda hasn't won anything....
Unless Nairo using Zelda here or there counts? Or Chozox getting 7th I think at paragon and a few other placings?

Soul.

The Pikachu boards are more sadder than the Falco boards.
Barely active, Skype is the norm and the current Pikachu Skype group is inactive and full of arguments when it is.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well at least Samus or Zelda hasn't won anything....
Unless Nairo using Zelda here or there counts? Or Chozox getting 7th I think at paragon and a few other placings?
Falco doesn't even have a (notable) main and the closest and best I've seen is GimR who mains Mr. Game & Watch followed by Keitaro who mains Diddy as far as I know and FOW who doesn't main Falco, while Pawclaw, random Japanese player, Cyro, and Manny Manito aren't well-known or known at all. The best Falco secondaries him. Zelda and Samus at least have (notable) mains; Ven something or other mains Zelda while Nairo plays a damned good Zelda.

Then there's Blaster being cruddy where Luigi's Fireball, Rosalina's Shooting Star Bit, Mario and Dr. Mario's Fast Fireball and Fast Pill, Link's Quickfire Bow, and Fox's Impact/64 Blaster are better by doing more damage, covering more range, having faster rates of fire, less end lag, or doing more knockback. We could have Melee Falco's Blaster which wasn't absurd like Brawl's Blaster, but no, we have a projectile that's worst than Triple D's Gordo which I will remind people isn't just a projectile, but a trap as well. Hell, Din's Fire is probably more useful since it kills while Falco's Blaster sort of gimps, but you need to be a deadeye to do it. Freaking Ganondorf's Warlock Thrust is probably a better projectile. Sonic's Homing Attack is a better projectile. :glare:

Every time I hit someone with Blaster instead of following up and hitting them with a real move, I feel like it's one of the trolliest things you can do like running up as Fox only to fire Blaster or running up and firing one of Sheik's Needles. :p

Abs of a god

:p

Last edited:

Soul.

So I was playing against a good Greninja on FG. That's something.
There was also this Villager who kept using stuff on the edge. wtf

Soul.

Yeah I've ran into those sort of *******s on FG.

A shame I wasn't using Falco at the time, I would've had a hella more easier time >_>
If FG had 3 stock 8 mins as the main thing they wouldn't do that.
I was using Falcon vs. the Villager. Lloid is so dumb. Like, wtf. Pushy Lloid is even more dumb

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I actually fought FOWs Falco a couple days ago on his stream. He's really good. If not the best Falco I've seen.

He can easily be considered one of the best Falcos at this point. If only he actually uses Falco in tournament.

I guess he wants to stick with his true main. :4ness:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I went to a doubles tourney yesterday, here's how it went.

My friend and I went as a team, he's a Yoshi main and I was playing Zelda. Our strategy was for him to rack up the damage and then for me to elevator the opponents in the confusion. So the first game comes around.

Good News: I got 4 kills!
Bad News: 2 were on my friend and 1 was on myself.

And basically that's how every game went. We would have the advantage, then we would kill ourselves. So we were out after 2 sets. But a positive thing is that in the one match we won I got 4 LK kills on the other team and 1 elevator.

I think we were both just a little tense during the tourney, bevause in the friendlies afterwards we were just unstoppable. Oh well.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
My problem with anti-custom people is that they usually have the same idea in mind. That smash 4 is going to die with customs legal. The issue is that people were already saying smash 4 was going to die.

I mean, I rather smash 4 die experimenting by the love of the community.
I don't think people think smash 4 is going to die with customs being legal. I think people just won't want to attend tourneys with them on. The casuals and people who place below 17th will never care, but the ones who place top placings will get bored of developing avoidance strategies for specific moves.

M2k, Zero, Nairo, Bloodcross, myself, etc...have already denoted the absurdity of customs. If they outright provided balance it would be fine, but they just make things jank. I watched 6wx use hammer spindash and kill people at 70% by ground pounding them into a free Usmash. It also provided him free combo setups from 0-80% LOL. I watched him use fire spindash and every hit did like 30%. If you guys really want me to out damage and jank yall then be prepared for the consequences. I don't want to have to put people through more laming...

:018:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't think people think smash 4 is going to die with customs being legal. I think people just won't want to attend tourneys with them on. The casuals and people who place below 17th will never care, but the ones who place top placings will get bored of developing avoidance strategies for specific moves.

M2k, Zero, Nairo, Bloodcross, myself, etc...have already denoted the absurdity of customs. If they outright provided balance it would be fine, but they just make things jank. I watched 6wx use hammer spindash and kill people at 70% by ground pounding them into a free Usmash. It also provided him free combo setups from 0-80% LOL. I watched him use fire spindash and every hit did like 30%. If you guys really want me to out damage and jank yall then be prepared for the consequences. I don't want to have to put people through more laming...

:018:
But again, some low tiers do get better and more viable like Lucina, wii fit, kirby, and charizard. Also we can't we ban specific moves?

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
How many specific moves will we have to ban though? Also what happens when no low tiers move up because their only amazing options get smogon banned? ALSO won't low tiers moving up will make no difference when customs make high tiers get better too?

just food for thought. I'm in full support of customs.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
How many specific moves will we have to ban though? Also what happens when no low tiers move up because their only amazing options get smogon banned? ALSO won't low tiers moving up will make no difference when customs make high tiers get better too?

just food for thought. I'm in full support of customs.
I think only moves that are broken should be banned. There's a difference from really good and broken. Kong Cyclone is realy good, but Hammer Spin Dash is broken.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
We will end banning some moves maybe.
But let's think about this: currently quick attack, bouncing fish, monkey flip, banana, and few other are considered the best default moves.
What are the best custom moves? Are they better than moves up there? If yes, how much better? Slightly, strictly, far better? Which characters have them: zelda bowser and link, or falcon, ZSS pit and yoshi?
About villager for exemple, his strategy can only be applied if he has the lead. It's strong but there is a simple way to handle it he doesn't have the lead: wait.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
@ Macchiato Macchiato @ PUK PUK

True, but if moves start getting banned then there will be lots of calls for other moves to be banned as well. Even just the "Really good" ones. I will eat my metaphorical hat if some places don't have different custom banlists than others. And that is detrimental to the scene as a whole since some people won't have experience against certain custom moves. Wifi can only do so much after all.

Honestly I'm finding it difficult to see anything but an all or nothing approach to customs since if we ban individually, than banlists will be different across areas and that puts some places at an advantage/disadvantage.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The fact Meta Knight wasn't banned from Brawl but several rules were made specifically to keep him in (MK 20 ledge grabs vs 40 for other characters, Brinstar/RC/Norfair stages banned) says a lot for how much of a Pandora's box custom moves will be in SSB4. I can see the endless rule set changes around "__________ won by spamming _________ custom move ban it", "no just because _________ is a good player it doesn't mean ________ custom move is OP", "But these characters can't deal with ________ custom", "but __________ custom makes it so this character can deal with Diddy", "**** Diddy", "Why all the Diddy hate? Play better characters", "_____________ could deal with Diddy with __________ custom allowed", "but _________ custom makes it so this character can't deal with that one", "there's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, dear Liza..." "quiet you"...

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I don't like customs. it'd make the games more complex and all, but it'd just get confusing after a while. I prefer the original characters, and working with what I got.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I don't think it's complexity people want so much as variety and entertainment.. Characters with Customs rocket up and down the tier lists and it is legitimately entertaining to watch characters bust out amazing moves and 50% kill comboes, and it's probably fun to do so as well.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
When I play with customs on I just play normally and see what specials my opponent is running and keep them in mind for the rest of the fight. How is that confusing? Especially since there are some customs that are always going to be used (good luck seeing a Kirby not using Upper Cutter or WFT with Jumbo Hoop). It's not that hard to adapt on the spot even if you don't know much about the custom in question.

Top Bottom