• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just had someone join my wifi room named King, was that anyone here? Anyway, GGs :)

Some neighbors got in a verbal fight outside my apt, one was drunk. They stopped but I would have called the cops if it got violent.
I wish Mr.Rogers was my neighbor instead.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Okay I just woke up from a very long nap, what's the fuss about Villager?
ADHD's Villager super-camped everything and skimmed away multiple set victories against fellow greats by camping the edge with Extreme (Exploding) balloon trip, Pushing Lloid, and Timber counter. It was a salt fest. :S

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
ADHD's Villager super-camped everything and skimmed away multiple set victories against fellow greats by camping the edge with Extreme (Exploding) balloon trip, Pushing Lloid, and Timber counter. It was a salt fest. :S
Oh wow. That sounds painful.

On another note, my internet is being completely awful all of sudden.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Based Dabuz finally made a Rosalina guide. Now I know what to practice with her. jab cancels, here I come

I'm surprised people are still salty about Rosalina, though. I agree with Dabuz in that Rosalina's probably 8th or 9th on the tier list.

edit: I didn't know Rosalina has intangibility on her head/upper body during usmash. That's cool.
Oh? Guess I'll be checking this out later.

Utilt/usmash both have head intangibility.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Oh? Guess I'll be checking this out later.

Utilt/usmash both have head intangibility.
Here's a link in case you can't find it for some reason.

I've watched about half of it and I've learned some things already. Luma jab cancel shenanigans look fun as hell to pull off.

Last edited:
I do know that. At the same time, being treated like Dabuz and Zero isn't the most charming thought. >.>
Don't let the viewers affect you. People trash Dabuz but he still plays the way he wants to play because he won't let some whiny **** viewers dictate how he handles his opponents.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Which is still BS.

Oh yeah, but let's remove Zelda's Dsmash leg intangibility. Cuz...Why again?
To be fair, upper body invuln on antiair moves is quite common in fighting games, Sm4sh included. Mario usmash, Luigi usmash, Rosalina utilt/usmash, Wario utilt/usmash, Bowser/G&W usmashes have actual invuln that shields hits instead of phasing through, Yoshi utilt/usmash, Charizard utilt/usmash...the list goes on.

Zelda's just a special (read: unfortunate) exception. :secretkpop:

Here's a link in case you can't find it for some reason.

I've watched about half of it and I've learned some things already. Luma jab cancel shenanigans look fun as hell to pull off.
Already found it and bookmarked for later, but thanks.

Rosa's jab cancel options are legit, I'm kind of surprised I didn't bother looking into them until last week but she has a ton of options with Luma around (dash grab and uair being my favorites). I suppose I should wait till I watch the vid for further comment though, I'm sure anything I know is already covered and then some. :227:

Where did all this Villager stuff happen anyways?
Also can I just say **** diddy kong? Hate being the better player and even when the diddy SD's once or twice, but because they're diddy they can win by being patient and shifting to a toxic playstyle to win...
This. Like, oh my God. Getting kicked into loser's by a Diddy then losing to a Diddy? smh

The Diddy that beat me at first round used to use ZSS. I 2 stock'd him at a tourney back then. He comes back to me and says, "Using Diddy on you."

Well ****

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Uuugh. I just got some player in For Glory that played Kirby and I easily 2-stocked him, then he decided to switch to Greninja and because of all the lag I could barely control myself and even SD'd once and he ended up winning, of course he would change his profile name to "git gud" afterwards. To be fair his Greninja was actually pretty good and he was able to bait pretty well, but damn the lag was awful and being beaten like that is just demoralizing.

I'm just gonna go and write something and take a break until my internet begins to function again.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
All those characters (Including Diddy) get bodied by Diddy
I think Wii Fit does pretty well. Uncharged, Sun Salutation clanks with the banana. Her crouch avoids his grab and she easily takes advantage of his bad recovery. Her projectile game outclasses his and can kill him pretty early. She can also rack up percents faster than he can. 3 nairs is a true combo and does 45% I think it's even.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh god this video guide is literally 10x longer than I expected

Very indepth though, I like this. ~26min in and the only new thing I learned is amusingly how much damage usmash does (I seriously never knew it was that strong), but it's a very well-done and in-depth guide.

also luigi and pika do well vs diddy

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Hello Everyone! I just joined and since I play Zelda occasionally I decided to drop by!

To be honest, I've lurked this thread a while before I joined simply because everyone here seemed so awesome. You kinda inadvertently convinced me to join! so thank you!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
All those characters (Including Diddy) get bodied by Diddy

Sheik gets bodied by Diddy. Just saying
Wait, how does Diddy get bodied by Diddy? Whether that was being serious or a joke (I'll assume the former), I don't get it. :ohwell:

In theory, Pikachu can handle Diddy but I haven't seen it in practice yet.. Diddy's meta has rapidly evolved so the match ups may have changed.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Imo Lucina and marth don't do that bad against Diddy. Marth is probably 45-55 while Lucina is 40-60. Think back, neither of them have any really bad match ups. Most of them are near even.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Soul.

"In theory" yes. Pikachu seems to do well vs. top tiers.
Then again, Diddy has FAir (that reach), Banana, and Hoo Hah (this **** can be DI'd so). Diddy mains are starting to use uthrow uair more often now.

Wait, how does Diddy get bodied by Diddy? Whether that was being serious or a joke (I'll assume the former), I don't get it. :ohwell:
Diddy is Diddy. That is all (Just kidding btw, haha)
Imo Lucina and marth don't do that bad against Diddy. Marth is probably 45-55 while Lucina is 40-60. Think back, neither of them have any really bad match ups. Most of them are near even.
Eh. I don't think both of them can handle Diddy. I do agree that most of their match ups are even

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Eh. I don't think both of them can handle Diddy. I do agree that most of their match ups are even
I think Lucina would be mid, if Marth wasn't there. She's a good character but marth existing make Lucina outclassed. This is why she's low imo. I'm just waiting for her meta to blow up.

Soul.

Doesn't Falcon go even vs. Diddy or something? I know he loses to Sheik, but I'm talking about Diddy.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Honestly I can't see Marcina doing too well against Diddy. He can get in their faces really well and from what I understand they can't handle that.

But I'm no competitive player so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Honestly I can't see Marcina doing too well against Diddy. He can get in their faces really well and from what I understand they can't handle that.

But I'm no competitive player so take that with a grain of salt.
No your right. Once he's in their space, all of their options are limited. This MU it's extra crucual to precisely space.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
How would one approach a Marcina Vs Diddy matchup then? The Bananas seem to be a major obstacle for them.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Good to know you were joking, haha. Also, I might not have much experience against Diddy with G&W, but I have a strong feeling G&W loses that MU hard. Don't know the ratio, but it probably ain't pretty.

Soul.

How would one approach a Marcina Vs Diddy matchup then? The Bananas seem to be a major obstacle for them.
Diddy has FAir and the Banana. That alone gives him a good approach. All Marcina can do is space FAir and punish with Side B.
maybe i'm just wrong. Most Marcina mains tend to space, walk and then punish

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I think fair cancels the banana and clanks with diddys own fair. Approaching would just be fairing.
Diddy has FAir and the Banana. That alone gives him a good approach. All Marcina can do is space FAir and punish with Side B.
maybe i'm just wrong. Most Marcina mains tend to space, walk and then punish
depends, if it's customs. We'll punish with a grab because crescent slash. Though usually dancing blade is our go to punish. Marcina main goal is not to let Diddy get close.

Top Bottom