• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
High lights so far:

I timed out a Sonic and won with a 12% lead lmfao

And I just got beat by a good Mario, so I'm now in Loser's Bracket Round 7

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Nope, I refuse. I dislike playing ZSS, and trying to break 700k with Lucario in Target Blast (hint: I didn't) was a miserable experience.
Lol, fair enough. ZSS just takes a LOT of precision, and you probably know that 0% Luke's damage output is garbage.

Target Blast is hard Lavani-sama, I've never blown up all the big targets with one bomb. there are three stages in the Wii U version, so if you ever get it, have fun with that!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
As cool as Greninja is, at the same time it's kinda hard to take a ninja frog wearing its tongue as a scarf seriously. I'm pretty sure Nintendo is aware of that considering unlike the "cool" mons like Lucario and Charizard, Greninja acts a lot like that dorky guy who tries his hardest to be cool.

I mean, look at this dork

And then look at what it does when upset

I think Sm4sh did really well with Greninja's presentation because he has a lot of cool moves and his victory animations are all pretty nice looking, but there's a good deal of silly things as well such as defending himself with a fluffy plushie, his screen KO pose and just his voice in general, especially his Star KO scream and his Final Smash. I think Greninja's voice gives him a lot of personality and makes him sound less generic compared to Charizard doing generic roars and Lucario having a typical badass sounding voice.

It's part of why I like Greninja so much, he's cool but also pretty silly to the point of being cute. I dislike his Japanese voice though because it doesn't really fit with the character, at least in my opinion.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Target Blast is hard Lavani-sama, I've never blown up all the big targets with one bomb. there are three stages in the Wii U version, so if you ever get it, have fun with that!
My strategy is to aim to get the bomb right next to the upper explosive, usually it falls just right to take out everything.

And then there was the first time I did Target Blast with Zelda:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can anyone tell me why Falcon did those flips after clearly avoiding Robins attack with the first back flip?

In F-Zero he's nowhere near this hotblooded, like every move he does he shouts 'TOWA TO TO TO TOWA TEEEERAAAH!!".
Rule of cool, bro. Even Raiden does it in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Anyway, Cyro found out you can reflect Falco's Reflector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIVa2g8zB9U. That confirms that Falco's Reflector is a projectile and what the Pits' Upperdash and Electroshock Arm were doing, but now I'm wondering if Pally's Reflect Barrier, Mario's Cape, Dr. Mario's Sheet, Zelda's Nayru's Love, and Fox's Reflector can do this. Also, Mega Man's Skull Barrier reflects, right? The thing is that since Falco's Reflector travels and the Arms have a unique property regarding projectiles, then maybe only Pally can reflect Reflector since it's outside and not close to or a part of them like Mario, Dr. Mario, Zelda, and Fox's reflect moves. It's also going to be a frame time thing since by default, it's out at frame 5 and traveling and common sense would say you can't reflect a Reflector.

Oh, and can anyone explain what happens here (the bolded part):
More grab reset combos by @I Am Normal (IAN): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wvvkGtrHTY.

And I'm not sure what IAN's doing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzQ8p2kBbkM. To quote:
"What I'm doing here is canceling the ending lag of Falco's short hop air dodge. I'm doing this by buffering an aerial right after the air dodge but right before Falco hits the ground, thus canceling end lag for whatever reason. You can do the cancel with all of Falco's aerials, and this technique is also possible with Captain Falcon."

Isn't this the short hop before doing an aerial to eliminate landing lag that people were talking about?

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur

1. Beirut sounds pretty neat, I'll have to listen to more of their stuff.

2. I love showing people this band, since the lead singer/songwriter grew up 10 minutes from where I live in a town with about 3,000 people.

He is a huge inspiration to me and it keeps me writing knowing that is possible that if you work for it you can get out of the middle of nowhere and reach hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.
Oh, that's pretty neat!! I promise I'll get their album today then :). What you say is very true, though. Hard work does pay off if you really commit yourself to it.

Kill the Miis. They're pretty easy to kill too

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur never listened to Goldfrapp but will check them out. What would be a good place to start
Ehh... that's a tough call, since each one of their albums is 100% from the last. The only album I really really like from them is the first, Felt Mountain, which is reminiscent of Portishead crossed with some opera. Black Cherry is also very good, and a mix of industrial and brit pop. And Seventh Tree, which is a bit like a hippie western 60's pop thing, is nice too. Then there are the really poppy and really gay ones called Supernature and Head First. And then there's Tales of Us, which is good, more accoustic and ghastly, but it never hooked me.

So I guess you can give them a try with whatever you like :'D

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
My strategy is to aim to get the bomb right next to the upper explosive, usually it falls just right to take out everything.

And then there was the first time I did Target Blast with Zelda:

the bomb didn't fall out? so that's not a feature...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, and can anyone explain what happens here (the bolded part):
Airdodge's IASA is earlier than the autocancel by something like 5 frames. You can airdodge>aerial autocancel earlier than just airdodge autocancelling.

Example: Right Greninja airdodges 2 frames later, but autocancels using nair while the left Greninja suffers airdodge landing lag.

Soul.

wow guys greninja is so cool am i right
the frog is so cool that smogon sent it to ubers
#
masterrace

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I'm out gorls. Got to loser's quarters.

Got beaten by another Mario. God damn that match-up is bad. And I think our match-up discussion thread has it at 45:55 smh

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Okay so I'm about to play with my 11 year old nephew.

Should I play normally or go easy on him and let him win? :'D I hate going easy on people but I worry about my diplomatic relationships with his parents.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm out gorls. Got to loser's quarters.

Got beaten by another Mario. God damn that match-up is bad. And I think our match-up discussion thread has it at 45:55 smh
I remember thinking that this MU was horrid for us too at first, then I found out that Mario's tricks are usually all the same, which does make it more manageable.

Don't press too many buttons on that guy, he'll punish you like crazy if you do. Keep calm, stay active but DON'T throw out random attacks, or it's free smash attacks for him. Dodge the expected grab (it gets obvious after a while when he wants to go for it), maintain stage control and eat those Dthrow ->Utilt combos. Mario can't kill all too reliably so it's your chance to fight back and get the early kill and momentum.

Going to do the roll call for Operation :4robinf:in maybe 2 hours or so. :^)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It sucks when you're the last post on a page doesn't it xC ?
ALRIGHT TIME TO PHOTOSHOP ZELDA'S FACE ONTO THIS.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I remember thinking that this MU was horrid for us too at first, then I found out that Mario's tricks are usually all the same, which does make it more manageable.

Don't press too many buttons on that guy, he'll punish you like crazy if you do. Keep calm, stay active but DON'T throw out random attacks, or it's free smash attacks for him. Dodge the expected grab (it gets obvious after a while when he wants to go for it), maintain stage control and eat those Dthrow ->Utilt combos. Mario can't kill all too reliably so it's your chance to fight back and get the early kill and momentum.

Going to do the roll call for Operation :4robinf:in maybe 2 hours or so. :^)
It's do-able for sure, but his attacks have too little lag (which is probably made worse by wifi -- Mario on wifi is really difficult).

And even if they throw out the same tricks, Zelda just has trouble keeping up. Worse his fireballs shut down a lot of follow-up opportunities, and can cover him while he recovers if he comes in high.

He also doesn't have THAT much trouble killing. His Upsmash is fast, invincible and KOes us around 100%.His fsmash can KO us early too. Sure his fsmash isn't that fast and it's punishable, but it's not really any different than us landing our fsmash on him when we get a read or he makes a mistake.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from her worst match-up, but it's still difficult and frustrating.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
:4greninja: Smelly frog,Lick ur hand and take a big sniff. Thats how greninja smells ALL THE TIME
:4pikachu: A mouse
:4charizard: Super cool dragon.
:4lucario: Super cool hadoken, shoryuken goku guy.
:4jigglypuff: Big time ghetto rapper.

end of the day they are monsters, so basically they are satanic demonic creatures that can breath fire and all that devil crap. So that furret guy that loves posting cute furret pics, that thing is a demonic soul eating monster.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Okay so I'm about to play with my 11 year old nephew.

Should I play normally or go easy on him and let him win? :'D I hate going easy on people but I worry about my diplomatic relationships with his parents.
Pick diddy Kong like berserker does

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh is the raid starting? I need to put up to speed on how these things work.
Raid will start in a few hours, we need to get our ammo ready. :^)

It's do-able for sure, but his attacks have too little lag (which is probably made worse by wifi -- Mario on wifi is really difficult).

And even if they throw out the same tricks, Zelda just has trouble keeping up. Worse his fireballs shut down a lot of follow-up opportunities, and can cover him while he recovers if he comes in high.

He also doesn't have THAT much trouble killing. His Upsmash is fast, invincible and KOes us around 100%.His fsmash can KO us early too. Sure his fsmash isn't that fast and it's punishable, but it's not really any different than us landing our fsmash on him when we get a read or he makes a mistake.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from her worst match-up, but it's still difficult and frustrating.
I've definitely struggled in this MU at first, but I was lucky to have a whole buncha my friends play him, so I got to learn about the MU a bit better. I've noticed that Mario players go for grabs midstage at low percentages, but start to use it less at higher percentages unless they want a Bthrow kill near the edge. Again, staying midscreen is key and keeping your shield up is a good defense. He can catch your rolls and spot dodges with his smashes, but can be punished if you shielded it instead. Most Mario players tend to have the same psychological mindset, so exposing one can really help you go far. c:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Wait I'm on mobile, how will I ever get my Lucina gifs.
I'll do a roll call and see how many people are here in say 2 hours from now. If there's not enough people I'll wait a little longer, and hopefully more gorls are available. :^)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'll pay someone $1,000,000 if they could photoshop Nicolas Cage's face onto this picture so I can use as my avatar for the raid.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
OMG! This Greninja comboed off of the lava... magma... thing on Norfair, slowly pushed a helpless Rosalina off with Hydro Pump, and used the air vents to sent Robin into the air! Also, the Shadow Sneak off the stage is sick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-EyEB_zXeE.
Oh, I've played that guy before. I barely managed to win all the times we played.

It makes me feel kinda inappropriate though. The stuff he did is way better than what I did in my own montage =P

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
thanks @ Kofu Kofu now I'm trying to break 700k in target blast with Lucario again

this is all your fault

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll pay someone $1,000,000 if they could photoshop Nicolas Cage's face onto this picture so I can use as my avatar for the raid.
EASY PEASY (wat have I dun)

... Maybe we all should just use this avatar for kicks during the raid. :p

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Poor thing could never take a stock from me :'D I'm the worst uncle.

Whcih automatically makes me the coolest uncle.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh, I've played that guy before. I barely managed to win all the times we played.

It makes me feel kinda inappropriate though. The stuff he did is way better than what I did in my own montage =P
He also has a Falco montage that is just sick; there's vertical reflects, Reflector through the stage like Ike's Aether through the stage, and Fire Bird gimps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX4RjgmntPw.

Oh, and Muramishi has another combo video out and this one's entirely on customs move combos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGs7lgxAtXo.

Top Bottom