• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Actually, if yew dash and jump before yew crescent slash after fthrow it still a true combo. It can't be escaped unless your opponents like at 200%
I was doing that in training mode (before I tested rage), but the timing seemed really strict or else it's not a true combo.

I'd really like to test this, but I can't since I can't control two characters at once. Now that you're not playing SFLR, do you mind if I try to escape fthrow>crescent slash with you? If so, I'll use Mario since he's mid weight.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I was doing that in training mode (before I tested rage), but the timing seemed really strict or else it's not a true combo.

I'd really like to test this, but I can't since I can't control two characters at once. Now that you're not playing SFLR, do you mind if I try to escape fthrow>crescent slash with you? If so, I'll use Mario since he's mid weight.
Okay make a room

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'll have to see, also I edited my GGs post into my last post.
My advice for Lucina is to stop using Crescent Slash xD

If we play again today, before we do an actual match I want you to just fthrow to CS me and I'll see if I can DI it at all. Oh wait nvm you're testing it with Nash. Praying you find a way to DI out of it ahhh

I think my only advice is for Edgy Pit. Whenever you were being comboed you tried using the damaging Guardian Orbitars and it was predictable. Anything for my Shulk?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

My advice for Lucina is to stop using Crescent Slash xD

If we play again today, before we do an actual match I want you to just fthrow to CS me and I'll see if I can DI it at all.

I think my only advice is for Edgy Pit. Whenever you were being comboed you tried using the damaging Guardian Orbitars and it was predictable. Anything for my Shulk?
No not really.

I will never stop using crescent slash

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Okay make a room
Okay, thanks a ton for helping me with that.

I can escape it if I DI up or to the upper right, but you can jump and up-b if you read my DI. DIing anywhere else doesn't seem to do much, except it looks like if I DI towards the stage, you might miss.

I wish I was better at DI so I could see how long I could live when I DI crescent slash. I did manage to live after you tipper crescent slashed me at 65%ish.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

I can escape it if I DI up or to the upper right, but you can jump and up-b if you read my DI. DIing anywhere else doesn't seem to do much, except it looks like if I DI towards the stage, you might miss.

I wish I was better at DI so I could see how long I could live when I DI crescent slash.
!!!
By DIing towards the stage, do you mean horizontally, diagonally up (above Lucina) or diagonally down (below Lucina)?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I wish I was better at DI so I could see how long I could live when I DI crescent slash. I did manage to live after you tipper crescent slashed me at 65%ish.
Also it did get stale, im pretty sure it's just inescapeable

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
!!!
By DIing towards the stage, do you mean horizontally, diagonally up (above Lucina) or diagonally down (below Lucina)?
Any form of DIing down didn't look like it did much at all, but it could be wrong. I only DIed toward the stage a few times, but when I did, it was horizontally. I think he can still get you if you DI towards him, anyway. That's something you could test out when you play him next.

Also it did get stale, im pretty sure it's just inescapeable
I did manage to escape it a few times, so...

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
fthrow>tipper Crescent Slash is a true combo that kills at the ledge around 60% (on 3DS) without rage
H-Huh... Interesting...

I guess tr4sh like ha could always use something like that. (Just like our beloved tr4sh has Elevator. :awesome:)

In other news, I was making mockups of Zelda's Usmash hit-boxes using the GIF and data on the FF as a base, and holy wow the last hit is basically just wow bye. I should try and make a sort of GIF (Or images) showing it for the jaw drops.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GGs @ Macchiato Macchiato ! Was lots of fun. Customs do make the mop scary hahaha. Like how I think I win, but lol UpB died at 40%. XD

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My favorite from her reveal trailer:

But the best part of any of the reveal trailers is:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah but it true combos from a good fair, bair, or fthrow. So yew think that dins fire is better than flare and blaze? I thought yew went default but then I saw phantom.
1113 is my set, I actually was trying to make Phantom3 work out, but it didn't seem to do me much favours. Get the air dodge or counter read but still miss anyway. Might go back to default set-up honestly. I actually love default Din's to an extent, at least I find it more usable than the other two IMO.

I was attempting to figure out the way to DI out of Fthrow -> UpB combo, and it was getting better for me as time went, but at the critical moments, I die because of that combo, hahaha.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you listen real closely in the reveal trailer, just before Robin says "it's going to be alright" you can hear her make a little "squeak".

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
1113 is my set, I actually was trying to make Phantom3 work out, but it didn't seem to do me much favours. Get the air dodge or counter read but still miss anyway. Might go back to default set-up honestly. I actually love default Din's to an extent, at least I find it more usable than the other two IMO.

I was attempting to figure out the way to DI out of Fthrow -> UpB combo, and it was getting better for me as time went, but at the critical moments, I die because of that combo, hahaha.
Also yew need great reaction time to use that custom. If someone gets thrown higher then Lucina has to shorthop before she crescent slash. It's also fun to stage spike with it lol.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Can anyone tell me why Falcon did those flips after clearly avoiding Robins attack with the first back flip?

In F-Zero he's nowhere near this hotblooded, like every move he does he shouts 'TOWA TO TO TO TOWA TEEEERAAAH!!".

Also why does Greninja sound like that blue dog from lilo and stitch?

Why is Little Mac called 'Little' when he's actually taller than Shulk?

Why does Zelda look so angry?

Why does PAC-MAN HAVE TO BE IN CAPITALS?

Why does Mega Man get the most love from Nintendo?

Answer these questions and you'll get a cookie.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
no

Can anyone tell me why Falcon did those flips after clearly avoiding Robins attack with the first back flip?

In F-Zero he's nowhere near this hotblooded, like every move he does he shouts 'TOWA TO TO TO TOWA TEEEERAAAH!!".

Also why does Greninja sound like that blue dog from lilo and stitch?

Why is Little Mac called 'Little' when he's actually taller than Shulk?

Why does Zelda look so angry?

Why does PAC-MAN HAVE TO BE IN CAPITALS?

Why does Mega Man get the most love from Nintendo?

Answer these questions and you'll get a cookie.
because

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So Little Mac's NAir has the autolink angle despite not being a multi-hit attack.

Who knew?
Everyone that did the nairlock>footstool gimps

Nair's SDI value got doubled in 1.0.4 to make those escapable though.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Everyone that did the nairlock>footstool gimps

Nair's SDI value got doubled in 1.0.4 to make those escapable though.
I just thought that it had really low knockback lol. Also that's funny, didn't know Mac's offstage game was so good it had to get nerfed. Oh wait, yes I did, aerial Jolt Haymaker was gutted.

See how far you can hit the sandbag with ZSS/Lucario Lavani, those were the two I had the most trouble left with.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
See how far you can hit the sandbag with ZSS/Lucario Lavani, those were the two I had the most trouble left with.
Nope, I refuse. I dislike playing ZSS, and trying to break 700k with Lucario in Target Blast (hint: I didn't) was a miserable experience.

Top Bottom