• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tropius' back-sprite from DPPt is gold. Like, look at this:

It's so terrible that I love it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I didn't realize until gen 6 that Tropius had bananas growing out of its chin

then my heart broke when I realized CHIQUITA DINOFORCE was too long for a nickname

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm still at shock. Someone seriously won with Swordfighter
Now someone needs to win with Falco. *Ally, Trela, ZeRo, Anti, Keitaro, or any other good player uses Falco; they lose to Jigglypuff's Sleep in pools* :p

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I faced a flowchart Greninja that did fully charged shuriken>dash attack>spam shadow sneak until it hits>jump above me and spam dair>repeat for every single stock. He was using the shiny Greninja palette swap, so you know he was a scrub.
I would be offended if it wasn't for the fact that I use default 90% of the time anyway.

That did remind me that while I was playing with Zelda for laughs I came across a guy playing Lucina that I wrecked twice and then he switched to a really bad Greninja that did pretty much all of that. I just said "no" and lightning kicked him to oblivion.

And I'm actually very fond of Greninja's D-Air, unsafe as it can be to use it. But I'm fond of most of Greninja's moves anyway except F-Tilt because when I use it, it's likely because the game didn't read my F-Smash right and so I miss a potential kill that can cost me the match.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I would be offended if it wasn't for the fact that I use default 90% of the time anyway.

That did remind me that while I was playing with Zelda for laughs I came across a guy playing Lucina that I wrecked twice and then he switched to a really bad Greninja that did pretty much all of that. I just said "no" and lightning kicked him to oblivion.

And I'm actually very fond of Greninja's D-Air, unsafe as it can be to use it. But I'm fond of most of Greninja's moves anyway except F-Tilt because when I use it, it's likely because the game didn't read my F-Smash right and so I miss a potential kill that can cost me the match.
I think almost every terrible Greninja I've faced on FG has used the shiny palette. It's probably his most popular palette, tbh. Even I use the shiny palette on the occasion when I'm not feeling like playing as the lavender, dark purple, or pink palettes.

Lucina used really popular on FG. Is she still popular? I only faced one today, but then again, I only played like 10 different people. Honestly, I have no idea why anyone uses her because she's a worse Marth is almost every single way.

Dair has a cool animation but the potential lag if whiffed is enough for me to not use it. Dair>bair is a combo I like to use, though.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think almost every terrible Greninja I've faced on FG has used the shiny palette. It's probably his most popular palette, tbh. Even I use the shiny palette on the occasion when I'm not feeling like playing as the lavender, dark purple, or pink palettes.

Lucina used really popular on FG. Is she still popular? I only faced one today, but then again, I only played like 10 different people. Honestly, I have no idea why anyone uses her because she's a worse Marth is almost every single way.

Dair has a cool animation but the potential lag if whiffed is enough for me to not use it. Dair>bair is a combo I like to use, though.
I play with Lucina because I like her character more than Marth and that's pretty much all the reason I need. I had Samus as a secondary for a long time so I'm used to playing low tiers.

Most of Greninja's moves leave you pretty open if you miss anyway, so D-Air doesn't have that much risk compared to other moves. For one thing it's safe on shield. Plus it can combo into so much stuff and leaves the opponent in such a bad position I can't help but love it.

D-Air is also really broken in Smash Run. Most grounded enemies can't do a thing as Greninja keeps bouncing on their heads.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I play with Lucina because I like her character more than Marth and that's pretty much all the reason I need. I had Samus as a secondary for a long time so I'm used to playing low tiers.

Most of Greninja's moves leave you pretty open if you miss anyway, so D-Air doesn't have that much risk compared to other moves. For one thing it's safe on shield. Plus it can combo into so much stuff and leaves the opponent in such a bad position I can't help but love it.

D-Air is also really broken in Smash Run. Most grounded enemies can't do a thing as Greninja keeps bouncing on their heads.
Lucina does have pretty cool palette swaps, so if I were to use her, it would be because of that. I really like Samus in this game and I came close to maining her. She's not great, but she's still a lot of fun to play.

You probably wouldn't believe me from looking at my signature, but I'm also a big fan of low tier characters. I played Samus almost exclusively in Smash 64, Sheilda (mostly Zelda, though) and Mewtwo in Melee, and Sheilda and Lucas and Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. Low tier characters feel more rewarding to win with, imo. Now in Smash 4, I've branched out and started playing characters that I like, regardless of tier position. That's why I now play characters such as Rosalina, Greninja, and Peach.

Smash Run is really fun and I played it for the first time in a few months today. Peach is way too good at the "climb as high as you can" challenge.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm grinding HRC since I hadn't bothered really touching it at all yet in this game.

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be to break 8k ft and a lot harder than I thought to get past that

Can I get some context for these absurd sounding Crescent Slash KOs? Cuz they sound absurd.
fthrow>tipper Crescent Slash is a true combo that kills at the ledge around 60% (on 3DS) without rage

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It killed at 10% I'm like dying

Her custom crescent slash is broken
I'm starting to believe that it's just really bad DI if crescent slash is killing that early.

I just tested fthrow to crescent slash and the red lightning didn't appear until about 63% on the edge (and that's with no DI at all).

Also, I believe that no custom moves are broken. Some are better than others, but none are broken. In the case of crescent slash, it makes Marth/Lucina's recovery a ton worse, so they can't go deep to edgeguard anymore.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm starting to believe that it's just bad DI if crescent slash is killing that early.

I just tested fthrow to crescent slash and the red lightning didn't appear until about 63% on the edge (and that's with no DI at all).

Also, I believe that no custom moves are broken. Some are better than others, but none are broken. In the case of crescent slash, it makes Marth/Lucina's recovery a ton worse, so they can't go deep to edgeguard anymore.
It does improve their horizontal recovery, yes it makes their verticle worse. Also I think getting 50% kills is worth it. With rage it's even scarier and I'm sure yew can't DI out of the fthrow that much

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
All this craze about Crescent Slash, but it's a good thing customs still don't seem to be too popular :3
I feel like throwing customs into a tournament setting adds way too many variables, I mean as it is everyone has to take into account the individual character weights/sizes/even shapes.

Also, I guess that's fair trade if it makes their recovery worse, sacrifice recovery for kill power but I guess that makes it riskier to go off ledges especially against characters that excel in edge guarding.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, you can't make a mop look good.

Soul.

Is Crescent Slash even good? Like, I know it gives Marcina a grab > KO option thing but I dunno if that's worth it.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Everyone turning up on this crescent slash early kill stuff, but then you realize it only works if their back is against the ledge. Not to mention each and every stage having different blastzones.

It fixes her poor follow ups out of throws though. If this was done in T-mode why are we getting hype? We need to take DI into consideration. I read tipper above me, if that's true this only makes Marth more stupid. Probably the 2nd best swordsman in the custom meta.

DK and Villager will be figured out soon, i already have a solution for Villager but DK is disgusting.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
hrm

I'm short like half a second to add enough damage to improve my score and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

Maybe ganon's bair autocancels with sh delayed ff? I don't think that'd save me enough frames though and is going to lose more with the hard landing...

Is Crescent Slash even good? Like, I know it gives Marcina a grab > KO option thing but I dunno if that's worth it.
The recovery drop is negligible imo since it buffs horizontal recovery while worsening vertical. Marcina have garbage reward off grabs without it so I'd say it's worth it just for that, even if it didn't KO

I read tipper above me, if that's true this only makes Marth more stupid.
Lucina's Crescent Slash tippers too, it's her one move that's identical to Marth's.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It does improve their horizontal recovery, yes it makes their vertical worse. Also I think getting 50% kills is worth it. With rage it's even scarier and I'm sure yew can't DI out of the fthrow that much
I just tested fthrow>crescent slash with max rage and while it can kill at around 40%, the throw seems to send them too far for it to be a true combo. With rage, grab release>crescent slash looks to be way more reliable than fthrow. Also, it looks like you can't DI out of grab release, but I'm not 100% about that because I'm just eyeballing it.

Again, since I'm eyeballing it, I cannot be 100% sure, but it looks like you can escape fthrow>crescent slash if you DI up. I'd need another person to help me test it, though. Maybe I can get my sister or someone to help.

Soul.

The recovery drop is negligible imo since it buffs horizontal recovery while worsening vertical. Marcina have garbage reward off grabs without it so I'd say it's worth it just for that, even if it didn't KO
Lucina's Crescent Slash tippers too, it's her one move that's identical to Marth's.
lol, I thought the norm was "CS is bad, use Dolphin Jump."
Either way it's probably worth using because they had to nerf their grabs.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Everyone turning up on this crescent slash early kill stuff, but then you realize it only works if their back is against the ledge. Not to mention each and every stage having different blastzones.

It fixes her poor follow ups out of throws though. If this was done in T-mode why are we getting hype? We need to take DI into consideration. I read tipper above me, if that's true this only makes Marth more stupid. Probably the 2nd best swordsman in the custom meta.

DK and Villager will be figured out soon, i already have a solution for Villager but DK is disgusting.
No it always works, her back doesn't need to be against the ledge. No I'm using it in real matchs, I'm using it against @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 Rn And fthrow to crescent slash isn't DIable.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
All this craze about Crescent Slash, but it's a good thing customs still don't seem to be too popular :3
Well, considering all the recent tournaments popping up that are allowing them, I say they have gotten popular myself.

I feel like throwing customs into a tournament setting adds way too many variables, I mean as it is everyone has to take into account the individual character weights/sizes/even shapes.
Eh, previous smash games made it just fine with all sorts of tech skills, I'm sure this would be too hard to research.

Well, I only really like Extreme balloon trip, I prefer the regular gyroid and timber myself. Axe kills for dayyyys.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I just tested fthrow>crescent slash with max rage and while it can kill at around 40%, the throw seems to send them too far for it to be a true combo. With rage, grab release>crescent slash looks to be way more reliable than fthrow. Also, it looks like you can't DI out of grab release, but I'm not 100% about that because I'm just eyeballing it.

Again, since I'm eyeballing it, I cannot be 100% sure, but it looks like you can escape fthrow>crescent slash if you DI up. I'd need another person to help me test it, though. Maybe I can get my sister or someone to help.
Actually, if yew dash and jump before yew crescent slash after fthrow it still a true combo. It can't be escaped unless your opponents like at 200%

GGS @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 mops are broken. Okay haha that was great, 40% kills are beautiful, any advice for Lucina, D. Pit, and Peach? Also tell them how yew can't escape no matter what.

Last edited:
Top Bottom