• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
For Falco:

Lower percentages - Dthrow
Mid percentages - Uthrow
High percentages - Uthrow, Bthrow

I don't see much use for Fthrow. :/

Honestly for a secondary, my Falco is pretty basic, considering that my main is a character that has very linear options in the first place :4zelda:. So it's just fundamentals but not incredibly amazing. :p

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Girls...

Do any of you have the original source of that one picture where it looks like a Smash 4 Zelda screenshot? It's the one with the white Marth palette flipping his hair, and Zelda looking shocked. Thank you~

For Falco:

Lower percentages - Dthrow
Mid percentages - Uthrow
High percentages - Uthrow, Bthrow

I don't see much use for Fthrow. :/

Honestly for a secondary, my Falco is pretty basic, considering that my main is a character that has very linear options in the first place :4zelda:. So it's just fundamentals but not incredibly amazing. :p
I'm not really sure when f-throw is used, BUT I think it's decent for off-stage gimp set ups. Idk

Rizen

Smash Legend
Girls...

Do any of you have the original source of that one picture where it looks like a Smash 4 Zelda screenshot? It's the one with the white Marth palette flipping his hair, and Zelda looking shocked. Thank you~
(When I searched for Marth the search engine suggested Martha, hee hee)
Sorry I couldn't find it. It's the background screenshot when Marth clears classic mode iirc.

Last edited:
I think I really need to make my point about utilizing Shulk's ground game more often at the Shulk boards. His d-tilt, f-tilt and u-tilt are great and all of them are underutilized compared to n-air, b-air and f-air which are great but using those aerials too much can get predictable.... and you'll get shield grabbed

I managed to jab cancel into d-throw > f-tilt in buster art. You can also follow up d-tilt from d-throw

#busteristhebest

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
To celebrate 666 pages, and that we talk more about other characters in the Zelda social than the queen herself. :^)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What's the biggest combo Falco can get off a uthrow? uthrow>uair>weak bair>strong bair is the best I know, for 39%

Uthrow definitely >>>>> dthrow, but dthrow works for low percents while uthrow is your mid-high percent throw. And yes dthrow>usmash is a thing on fatties and fastfallers.

Last edited:
What's the biggest combo Falco can get off a uthrow? uthrow>uair>weak bair>strong bair is the best I know, for 39%

Uthrow definitely >>>>> dthrow, but dthrow works for low percents while uthrow is your mid-high percent throw. And yes dthrow>usmash is a thing on fatties and fastfallers.
D-throw to b-air is best at low percentages, yes. Once you reach higher percentages, it's all up to u-throw. I haven't pulled off u-throw > u-air > sourspot b-air > sweetspot b-air yet. I only got u-air > sweetspot b-air off from u-throw.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not really sure when f-throw is used, BUT I think it's decent for off-stage gimp set ups. Idk
F-throw to Falco Phantasm early on stage. It's the only combo I know you can do with F-throw; it might work with Fast Fire Bird.

With bad DI, I could imagine Falco could infinitely juggle someone. I remember a really random, long "combo" that may or may not work.

This hasn't been updated in a while.
Hmm... needs more activity.

I work in a weird way when it comes to combos, I kind of need names like in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or where my hack 'n' slash ventures came from: Devil May Cry 3. Looking at move to move to move kind of makes me lost so, I will give them names for my sake and a compendium would be nice.

Also, since I don't know which are true combos, I will just list stuff that just follows up. Since this is a compendium, it will list pretty much everything even if it's not "useful". Information, however, is useful. Oh, and some of this might not have been tested.

As of patch 1.04. So, things may change.

Nair starts:
Thank @Jtails for this one:
Twister: Short hop Nair > U-tilt (> repeat, Utilt, Up Smash, Nair, etc.)
- Short hop a Nair and follow up with a U-tilt. You can follow up with another U-tilt, Up Smash, a Nair, perhaps a Fair and a Bair.
- It might be difficult to land on shorter characters and probably impossible on short characters like Pikachu, especially if they're crouching.

Tornado: SH Nair > Up Smash (> Bair)
- Basically a variation of the Twister where instead of a U-tilt, an Up Smash is used instead. You won't be able to repeat and combo like the Twister, but you can follow up with a Bair for a finisher.

Up Tilt starts:
Juggler: Utilt repeatedly
- There's nothing to say about this other than it's basically what Link, Mario, and more can do. Just an easy, transferable combo.

Down Tilt starts:
Thank @Opana for this monster combo:
Bread Frenzy: Dtilt > Ftilt > Dtilt > Dash Attack > Full Hop Fair > Air Falco Phantasm
- I am not trying this; I don't have the skills yet. You guys can kill yourself with this. Jaysus...
- Opana mentions it does around 53% and might only work on heavyweights.

Launcher: Dtilt (> Fair, Nair, Uair, etc.)
- For me, Falco's Dtilt reminds me of Dante's High Time. Basically it's a launcher where you can follow up with another combo or a finisher.
- @McDareth mentions using Nair as a way to punish opponents "[jumping] after the Dtilt". I don't really know what that means.

Thank @SaturnFrost for this:
Kickoff: Dtilt > Reflector
- SaturnFrost says it works until around 35%.
- It might be a good spacing combo.

Down throw starts:
@Legend Vermillion's the first one to say them on this thread, so I'll credit him.
The Kneader: D-throw > Dash Attack (> Utilt X2 > read: Uair, Nair, or Up Smash)
- Basically your bread 'n' butter combo setup. After that, Nair, Fair, Bair, etc.
- @OddCrow extends this by (> Utilt X2 > read: Uair, Nair, or Up Smash). It'll only work around under 30%.

Knead 'n' Twist: D-throw > Nair
- Same as the Kneader, but with a Nair instead... Hmm, I can see this leading to the Twister or the Tornado.

Thank @Wulfy07 for this:
Knead 'n' Roll: D-throw > (SH) Fair (> repeat, Reflector, or Dtilt)
- It won't do much at lower percents where you might have to SH other than giving you some space, but at higher percents it might mean a KO for you.
- @Zionaze says you can repeat this.
- @BltzZ extends this with Reflector or Dtilt.

Thank @WECsoul for this:
Drill Rush: D-throw > Fair > Dash Attack/Side Smash
- Side Smash only works on heavier opponents.
- Also only works around "40%-50%".

Thank @Beetle Juice for this:
Catcher: D-throw > Up Smash (> Bair, Nair, Fair, or Side Tilt)
- Basically a variation of the The Kneader.
- You can follow up and it's most likely going to be a Bair or a Ftilt since Up Smash tends to launch them behind you - for me it does.
- I wonder what this would have been like with a DACUS...

Thank @Zionaze for this variation of the Catcher:
Catcher Z: D-throw > Up Smash X2 > Utilt or Uair

Thank @Mettie7 for this:
Kicker: D-throw > (SH) Reflector
- Ooo, this one might be good for a punish. Here's why: If you hit them in the air with Reflector, you'll "reset" them. It's like baiting since you're "taunting" them and they might do something where you could punish them.
- SH may or may not be needed.

Thank @Ziem'sPit for this Heavy Beatdown and a regular Beatdown.
Heavy Beatdown: D-throw > Utilt/Up Smash > Grab > D-throw/F-throw > Dash Attack > Fair > Dash Attack/Forward Smash
- About 50% as Ziem'sPit said; I ain't trying this beast - it's beyond my skill level as of now so, maybe later.
- As the name implies, it only works on heavyweights.
- Also, start at low percentages since later on, the knockback is going to pose a problem.

Thank @Attila the Hun for this:
Cherry Bomb: D-throw > Dair
- I don't know, insult to injury?
- It'll be tricky to pull off, but apparently it forces a "get up".

Up throw starts:
Toss 'n' Launch: U-throw > Uair; Toss 'n' Shoot: U-throw > Bair
- Throw and hit; it's simple really. I don't have much to say about this.

@Roy's ouR boy is the first to mention the first, Toss 'n' Spin.
Toss 'n' Spin: U-throw > Nair; Toss 'n' Dive: U-throw > Fair
- Variations of the above that probably work. Probably... I figured they would, so I just added these variations. Don't hurt me.
- Except for first which was confirmed.

Back throw starts:
Drill Peck: B-throw > Fair
- The infamous pre-1.04 patch gimp. It's not as powerful as it was before, but it can still gimp characters with weak recoveries or act as a finisher. Use the beak.

Dive Kick: B-throw > Bair
- Basically a variant of the Drill Peck. It'll kill earlier, but you have to sweet-spot to guarantee that.

Front throw starts:
Thank @Ziem'sPit for this:
Beatdown: F-throw > Dash Attack > Fair > Dash Attack/Forward Smash
- It's just a variation of the Heavy Beatdown that works on "everyone else".

Others, these are "unique" in some way like being more of spacers or tricks rather than actual combos:
I don't remember who found this, but it makes Falco's Blaster more useful.
Three Score: B-throw/F-throw/D-throw > Blaster 3X
- For whatever reason, Falco's Blaster can lock his opponent for 3 shots only if they hit the ground, after that, they're free to go - I think it resets the "hitting the ground animation". Hey, it's free damage and time to think of your next plan. It's like, Falco's only Blaster combo that I know of.
- I guess this makes it a pseudo-true combo since the opponent can't get out during the Blaster shots, but I believe they can get out after the throw.

Thank @Bonk! for confirming this:
Dirty Dunk: F-throw/D-throw > (SH) Falco Phantasm > Recover
- So, near the edge, toss your opponent and spike them with Falco Phantasm. This is pretty much an anti-Little Mac trick.
- It is NOT a true combo; it's based on a good read.
- It's not going to be useful on characters with great recoveries or characters like Kirby and Pit.

Thank @Beetle Juice again:
Double Tap: Ftilt > Reflector
- Basically extend your space or free damage with Reflector.
- The fact that Reflector can trip means you could setup combo.

My dinky find:
The Bouncer: Sweet-spot Dair > Up Smash, Utilt, Dtilt, or Side Smash
- You need to time this and position it well.
- It only works around 60% when Dair "bounces" the opponent.
- It's NOT a true combo and the opponent can tech it.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
With customs on, Greninja probably has MK beaten in that regard, and most of those kill setups come from a very low risk projectile ;)
That's the problem, MK normals and grabs are what sets up his kills not some cheap special move. :]

low skill water shurikan has a nice ring to it.:yeahboi:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Sourspot N-Air -> F-Air

Sourspot N-Air -> Up-Smash

D-Tilt -> F-Air

D-Tilt -> Up Smash

D-Air -> F-Air

D-Air -> Shadow Sneak

Dash Attack -> F-Air

U-Tilt -> F-Air

U-Tilt -> U-Air

This was just looking at the Greninja's True Combos thread. All of these are viable combos that can be done at kill %. If you're generous you can also include Substitute -> Up Air/F-Air.

So even without Shifting Shuriken I guess Greninja still has more kill setups than MK. They're just trickier to land because this is Greninja we're talking about. Once Shifting Shuriken enters the equation it gets silly though.

I'll say that even I'm surprised that Greninja has this many kill setups. The frog keeps surprising me.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
What are they? /curious
(near ledges)
Dtilt --> Nair
Dtilt --> Bair
Jab --> Gets pushed off --> Shuttle Loop

On stage
Dtilt --> Dimensional Cape
Dtilt --> Shuttle Loop
Bair --> F-Smash
Forward throw --> Shuttle Loop
Down throw --> Shuttle Loop
Uair --> Shuttle Loop

Dair --> Shuttle Loop
Dash attack --> Shuttle Loop

Cute ones
Dash grab --> Pummel --> Slide off stage --> Second jump into nair/footstool
Nair after frame trap(or after say for example Wario tries to bike MK but gets knocked off by nair) --> Dtilt lock --> F-Smash

Bold is common, green is easy to pull off.

@ FullMoon FullMoon Without customs he has less actually, kneel before thou. If you do i promise frog won't get patched again. :)

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
@ FullMoon FullMoon Without customs he has less actually, kneel before thou. If you do i promise frog won't get patched again. :)
If we include the Substitute combos then it's tied actually. There's also Charged Water Shuriken -> F-Air that I missed. Also since Running Shadow Sneak is still in the Wii U version, Fully Charged Shuriken -> Running SS is still possible too.

But look at how cute it is that we're arguing like little kids over something as trivial as who has more kill setups.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
NO ACTIVITY FOR 40 MINUTES #zeldapocalypse

Edit: lol at :4greninja:d

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Hey, is anyone with the 3ds version up for some games? As a precaution, I have a faulty shoulder button so I can't host and I'll have to drop out and re-enter after each game.

Seriously though, let's make it so that the only way to start a match is using the buttons historically known for giving out instead of something that actually makes sense like the start button or touch screen smh.

D

Deleted member

GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION.

Where and how do you photoshop stuffs onto gifs? I wanna start making dem but I'm a noob and I don't know xD

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION.

Where and how do you photoshop stuffs onto gifs? I wanna start making dem but I'm a noob and I don't know xD
Find a photo of what you want to put into the gif, and use the lasso tool to take what you need. Save the lassoed portion as its own separate file. Now take the file you just saved and place it onto the gif. Duplicate the image you took so you have enough for all the frames and place them onto each one. Then just merge each photoshop onto each frame of the gif. This is sort of a crude explanation, but I hope this helps.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I haven't pulled off u-throw > u-air > sourspot b-air > sweetspot b-air yet. I only got u-air > sweetspot b-air off from u-throw.
Bair's hitbox is surprisingly generous, you can connect the weak hit with Falco's front to kick them behind you and then they're in perfect position for the strong hit.

Might be less practical in an actual match though, idk how much DI can affect it.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION.

I was wondering this too but I'm so bad with these kinda things, but I had a really good idea for a bit of raid material maybe I can just get someone to make my idea for me and they can have the credit -3-
I hate being horrible at making gifs I literally can't even

Top Bottom