• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Just realized that @ MDAVE MDAVE , @ Mocha Mocha and @ Macchiato Macchiato all co-main :4zelda:and:4greninja:together.

Not a coincidence isn't it?
My mains in the userbar may not imply it, but Zelda is actually my 2nd-most used character after Greninja and I consider her to be one of 4 mains (:4greninja::4zelda::4yoshi::4drmario:). So I kind of fit in there too :)

They really are a great combo. It's that ninja bond. :4greninja: <--> :4sheik: = :4zelda:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Somewhat related to Rosa pulling in hydrants, question: if villager pockets the hydrant before it's been turned into bouncy projectile, then puts it out, and THEN sends it off as a projectile by damaging it, will it do increased damage ala pocketed projectiles?

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION.

Where and how do you photoshop stuffs onto gifs? I wanna start making dem but I'm a noob and I don't know xD
This is how I generally do mine.
I open the gif in a video editing software (I use Sony Vegas)
I just edit it in there with stuff like cropping, text, etc.
You can't do really detailed cropping but I generally use images I already edited in photoshop.
It works since a gif is basically a short video looped over.
After I render the video I just covert it into a gif using this.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Weird question that I hope someone can answer: do the Pits' Side Specials treat Falco's Reflector as a projectile? If so, then Falco could exploit the end lag or "counter" their Side Specials. I have a replay if needed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, the Selena Quintanilla #Fabulous gif was my first gif (the original, not the Zelda version). This gif is my second one, but my first photoshopped one:

UGHHHH WHY DOESNT IT WANNA SHOW UP

Last edited by a moderator:

Latte

Smash Ace
Well, the Selena Quintanilla #Fabulous gif was my first gif (the original, not the Zelda version). This gif is my second one, but my first photoshopped one:

UGHHHH WHY DOESNT IT WANNA SHOW UP
EDIT: /snip

Never mind, you got it gurl

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Somewhat related to Rosa pulling in hydrants, question: if villager pockets the hydrant before it's been turned into bouncy projectile, then puts it out, and THEN sends it off as a projectile by damaging it, will it do increased damage ala pocketed projectiles?
Yes. It does 26% and kills at like 90%.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
GGs @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 haha that was fun. I love playing with customs. BAHAHAH that last match. So I'm pretty sure I main peach, any peach zelda doc DK or Larry advice?
GG that was fun <3 I don't have any advice but WTF IS THAT DONG CYCLONE??? Like how do you even deal with that? Oh and any advice for any of my characters?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GG that was fun <3 I don't have any advice but WTF IS THAT DONG CYCLONE??? Like how do you even deal with that? Oh and any advice for any of my characters?
Yew can't do anything against cyclone it's amazing.

One thing I saw was when yew were shulk on speed. Yew always tried to get a pivot grab which got repetitive.

Hahah thanks for playing

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur - Thanks for playing, even though it ended up only being a few matches!

I think part of the lag is due to my entire family using WiFi nonstop throughout the day. Maybe sometime we can play when it's nighttime where I live.

What's your time zone?
Sorry, I went into FG to test if it was me giving the lag and ended up playing with some decent Rosalina for a while. My time zone's Central, so it's 5:40 pm for me right now. I can play at nights too but sometimes my boyfriend will be using the internet too, so the safe time during the nights is after 12 am my time.

I hope we can play some more later :). You're much better than I thought you were over how nervous you used to be about playing people here!

Also, @ Macchiato Macchiato even though I don't agree with most of what you say about tiers, etc, I got to say you were almost entirely right about the Zelda-Rosalina MU. It's incredible how easy Luma dies!

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Just realized that @ MDAVE MDAVE , @ Mocha Mocha and @ Macchiato Macchiato all co-main :4zelda:and:4greninja:together.

Not a coincidence isn't it?
Might be! I started using Greninja more because of Mocha, but I'm just a big fan of Dark types in general. Hey, I should main Dark Pit in that case! Haha..! ...ha..ha... No one? Aww...

Too bad for @ Macchiato Macchiato and his problem with finding a main, or else we could be the Triforce of Mmm, Tasty. :snake: (Edit: I was on my phone when I wrote this message, now I can finally tag you properly Macchiato, sorry!)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't have any advice but WTF IS THAT DONG CYCLONE??? Like how do you even deal with that?
Cyclone education time!
  • There's one hit at the beginning of the move and one at the end, with 30 frames/half a second in the middle of only harmless windboxes.
  • In the air it's possible to fall out before the second hit. Unsure of how this works, I'm guessing fastfalling. Again, if the first hit didn't hit you can airdodge before the end hit even while sucked into the wind, as the wind doesn't cause hitstun.
  • DK is superarmored for most of the time between the first and second hit. You can shieldgrab before the second hit. Unlike the default cyclone, superarmor doesn't start until after the move does, so he can be hit out of the 20f startup on the grounded version.
  • There's no landing lag when landing on platforms higher than the starting point, don't try to punish in these situations.
Mostly just play patiently and respect the cyclone, and then you won't get janked by it.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Sorry, I went into FG to test if it was me giving the lag and ended up playing with some decent Rosalina for a while. My time zone's Central, so it's 5:40 pm for me right now. I can play at nights too but sometimes my boyfriend will be using the internet too, so the safe time during the nights is after 12 am my time.

I hope we can play some more later :). You're much better than I thought you were over how nervous you used to be about playing people here!

Also, @ Macchiato Macchiato even though I don't agree with most of what you say about tiers, etc, I got to say you were almost entirely right about the Zelda-Rosalina MU. It's incredible how easy Luma dies!
I'm waiting for all my predictions to come true in the future and yew all to be in shock no matter how many times I tell yew gorls.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Cyclone education time!
  • There's one hit at the beginning of the move and one at the end, with 30 frames/half a second in the middle of only harmless windboxes.
  • In the air it's possible to fall out before the second hit. Unsure of how this works, I'm guessing fastfalling. Again, if the first hit didn't hit you can airdodge before the end hit even while sucked into the wind, as the wind doesn't cause hitstun.
  • DK is superarmored for most of the time between the first and second hit. You can shieldgrab before the second hit. Unlike the default cyclone, superarmor doesn't start until after the move does, so he can be hit out of the 20f startup on the grounded version.
  • There's no landing lag when landing on platforms higher than the starting point, don't try to punish in these situations.
Mostly just play patiently and respect the cyclone, and then you won't get janked by it.
Ooooh alright thank you Lavani!
I'm waiting for all my predictions to come true in the future and yew all to be in shock no matter how many times I tell yew gorls.
The day Zelda or WFT is high tier in Sm4sh is the day I stop believing everything I once knew :^)

Latte

Smash Ace

No problem, I went on FG in order to test lag as well; it was definitely my fault that there was so much lag during our matches.
Alright, I'm usually up until around 5 AM, so after 12 won't be a problem for me! For the record, my time zone is EST; it's about 8 PM right now.

Thank you! Your Villager and Brawler are both good. I have very little experience in the Villager MU, and absolutely no experience in the Brawler MU, so I expected to do worse than I did. I actually came close to taking the first match, but I got a bit too excited and died LOL

Perhaps tonight we can play

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
No problem, I went on FG in order to test lag as well; it was definitely my fault that there was so much lag during our matches.
Alright, I'm usually up until around 5 AM, so after 12 won't be a problem for me! For the record, my time zone is EST; it's about 8 PM right now.

Thank you! Your Villager and Brawler are both good. I have very little experience in the Villager MU, and absolutely no experience in the Brawler MU, so I expected to do worse than I did. I actually came close to taking the first match, but I got a bit too excited and died LOL

Perhaps tonight we can play

Yeah I don't think anyone has got much experience against the Miis because they're either banned or people hate them :(. And yeah with Villager it's a bit like playing against Zelda. If you mess up a tiny bit when recovering your face gets ball'd or tree'd or you just get gimped by nair strings :'D.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
All right, Falco's Fast Fire Bird is really, really interesting. When used on the ground if you hold (diagonally) down, Falco ends with a roll instead of sliding. It might be a placebo, but it looks like he can act out of the roll faster than the slide. I have no idea why he rolls, but it seems like a shorter "landing" animation than the free fall slide. Falco also travels a shorter distance because he doesn't slide. If this becomes a thing, then Falco has a tech that should be called Fire Roll.

The other one is a bit trickier mostly because it seems to require a precise angle input which is annoying with the Circle Pad or something like pressing down to fast fall at low angle launch. What happens is that Falco doesn't roll or land in free fall, but lands sort of at idle and slides forward. I think he can immediately act out of that which means a Fast Fire Bird sliding Smash, tilt, Jab, or grab could be a thing. Hmm, Fire Slide?

I wonder of Fox can do this with his Jet Boots custom... I wonder why I posted this in the Zelda Social.

Oh, and Falco can stop/lessen the momentum of FFB either by holding down to fast fall it or just not holding towards where he's going.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
All right, Falco's Fast Fire Bird is really, really interesting. When used on the ground if you hold (diagonally) down, Falco ends with a roll instead of sliding. It might be a placebo, but it looks like he can act out of the roll faster than the slide. I have no idea why he rolls, but it seems like a shorter "landing" animation than the free fall slide. If this becomes a thing, then Falco has a tech that should be called Fire Roll.

The other one is a bit trickier mostly because it seems to require a precise angle input which is annoying with the Circle Pad or something like pressing down to fast fall at low angle launch. What happens is that Falco doesn't roll or land in free fall, but lands sort of at idle and slides forward. I think he can immediately act out of that which means a Fast Fire Bird sliding Smash, tilt, Jab, or grab could be a thing. Hmm, Fire Slide?

I wonder of Fox can do this with his Jet Boots custom... I wonder why I posted this in the Zelda Social.
The Zelda Social - where you learn AT's for everyone except Zelda

lol this seems pretty interesting though. I've been trying Falco on and off and he might become a secondary or something. This could be useful

Top Bottom