• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

I love hyper Monado Arts and power vision. I love customs

Diddy is still DUMB

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

Fixed for the superior color palette :awesome:. I seen this sprite earlier and I had to make a black palette for it. Hopefully the person who made the original sprite wont mind. I did some slight changes to the sprite also. Do you happen to have a link to the original artist?

@ Ffamran Ffamran
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

How does Falco fare against Fox? Is he good? I can imagine that he's alright against Fox since Fox is usually trying to approach which basically means that Falco doesn't really have to approach (and he can let Fox come at him so that Falco can unleash his combos)

Edit:

LOL WHAT THE ****

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ Ffamran Ffamran
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

How does Falco fare against Fox? Is he good? I can imagine that he's alright against Fox since Fox is usually trying to approach which basically means that Falco doesn't really have to approach (and he can let Fox come at him so that Falco can unleash his combos)

Edit:

LOL WHAT THE ****
And that's an amiibo?!

Guys. Hide. It's the robopocalypse!

Wait, I'm a robot...

Lol nvm guys false alarm lol

The day when someone teaches a Peach amiibo to do whatever the hell Dark.Pch can do is the day I'll jump out of a window in fear that some day, robots and AI will outsmart and will enslave mankind

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I really don't think Zeldas match ups are bad. Yes she has those few horrific that everyone has but most of her match ups are even.
And Kanye West is shakespear in the flesh.

Edit: I have taken the evil triple digits because i care about all of you. Don't forget to like this post, make sure you hit that follow button too.

Also my mixtape dropping in about 6 weeks, check that **** out, follow me on instagram,tumblr and yea. Love you mama!

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I think if I were to think of my favorite types, it would probably be either Dark or Fighting as they probably have most of my favorites.

For reference from Dark there's Greninja, Darkrai, Umbreon, Bisharp, Zoroark, Houndoom and to a lesser extent Sableye. From Fighting I have Gallade, Lucario, Hawlucha, Medicham, Poliwrath and Heracross. Oh, and Pangoro is among my favorites and is from both types.

Though I also like Steel, Bug and Grass mons a good deal too.

Hell, I think I like 90% of the Pokémon out there to an extent.
I want to like dark type again but they can't beat the primordial dragon type aka fairy

For the lulz, I decided to recall the early days of Smash 4. I remember the 1.0 days of Smash 3DS....

When @ BJN39 BJN39 had 3DS black/white Zelda doing lightning kick
When @Aeralfos / Aerodrome was gathering data for everyone
When tier lists were dumb at that point
When Little Mac was still godlike
When Meta Knight was called bottom tier
When @ Macchiato Macchiato was still @Wii Fit Bae and @CandyCakes
When Zelda was already discovered to be a bad character
When Rosalina was overpowered
When A2 posted everywhere as if he had the game at that time (he didn't have the game btw)
When @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 had a Russel Westbrook avatar
When we all thought the Mario bros were bottom 5
When we all thought this game was balanced
When Marth was thought to be still good in this game
When Diddy wasn't really that broken or overpowered
When Lucario's aura made him "top tier" in a disgusting way
When this thread wasn't really that active
When Bowser was top tier

A lot of things have changed from that era

Except for the opinion/fact that we all think that Zelda is still a bad character

Edit: Page 666

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
For the lulz, I decided to recall the early days of Smash 4. I remember the 1.0 days of Smash 3DS....

When @ BJN39 BJN39 had 3DS black/white Zelda doing lightning kick
When @Aeralfos / Aerodrome was gathering data for everyone
When @Aeralfos was still Aerodrome
When tier lists were dumb at that point
When Little Mac was still godlike
When Meta Knight was called bottom tier
When @ Macchiato Macchiato was still @Wii Fit Bae @CandyCakes
When Zelda was already discovered to be a decent character
When Rosalina was overpowered
When A2 posted everywhere as if he had the game at that time (he didn't have the game btw)
When @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 had a Russel Westbrook avatar
When we all thought the Mario bros were bottom 5
When we all thought this game was balanced
When Marth was thought to be still good in this game
When Diddy wasn't really that broken or overpowered
When Lucario's aura made him "top tier" in a disgusting way
When this thread wasn't really that active
When Bowser was top tier

A lot of things have changed from that era

Except for the opinion/fact that we all think that Zelda is still a good character

Edit: Page 666
I fixed stuff in that post

Last edited:
Google translate blows. Also, it means, "There's no logic in what you're saying"

But, you guessed the language right

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Morning gorls. What's good?

Edit: Pg. 666, eh? Let the memes begin!

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Fixed for the superior color palette :awesome:. I seen this sprite earlier and I had to make a black palette for it. Hopefully the person who made the original sprite wont mind. I did some slight changes to the sprite also. Do you happen to have a link to the original artist?
Yes, his name is AbyssWolf, and you can find his stuff on Deviantart: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

And this page will separate by Smash character on the description: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-510801485

He also has sprites for other games too, such as Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Whoop whoop, 666 pages. Zelda is truly the devil. Would post a celebratory pic but I don't have it on me right now. :^(

Also, we have to beat the pipsqueak who decided to leak our plans to have :4robinf: for a nice Sunday evening dinner. >=(

Robin is so slow, she went to a competition for the slowest person on Earth. She was so slow in the competition, she received a standing ovation even if 100% of the audience are crippled
Lol what the **** just came into my head?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Did you guys see Johnny Cage's new fatality in Mortal Kombat X?

It's GLORIOUS. Like, it's actually amazing. Search it up, because obvs I can't link it here or I'll get banned. :^/

Why do Falco players still use d-throw > dash attack? It's not that hard to follow up b-air from d-throw imo

U-throw > U-air > Sweetspot b-air MMmmmm~~~

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Why do Falco players still use d-throw > dash attack? It's not that hard to follow up b-air from d-throw imo

Probably because it's easy and it's doable even in the biggest of lag in matches.

Funny how I've been confirming Bairs off Dthrows at around 60% but I haven't thought of using it at 0% oops. Dthrow into Dair on opponents who miss the tech is most delicious though. :^)

I'm beginning to like u-throw a LOT with Falco

U-throw > U-air > B-air
U-throw > U-air > U-air
U-throw > U-air > D-air isn't a true combo but they fall for it sometimes

I think D-throw > U-smash works but it only works on them fatties/characters with big hurtboxes

Edit: D-throw <<< U-throw

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Getting shield breaks with Little Mac's down-angled forward smash is so fun.

We were talking about our favorite Pokémon types recently, right? Mine's Poison. Such a neat typing (and now it at least has two things to be super effective against). Unfortunately Game Freak has given it the shaft in terms of representation. Exhibit A:
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Ekans
Arbok
Nidoran f (on my phone can't do fancy symbols QQ)
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran m
Nidorino
Nidoking
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Venonant
Venomoth
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Grimer
Muk
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Koffing
Weezing

Crobat
Spinarak
Ariados
Qwilfish
Dustox
Gulpin
Swalot
Roselia
Seviper
Budew
Roserade
Stunky
Skuntank
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Skorupi
Drapion
Venipede
Whirlpede
Scolipede
Trubbish
Garbodor
Foongus
Amoonguss
Skrelp
Dragalge
Mega Venusaur
Mega Beedrill
Mega Gengar
Even including Megas, there have been more Poison types introduced in Gen 1 than there have been since. Gen 1 was a little overboard, but that's 33 to 29. You seriously haven't been able to come up with over 33 more Poison types, Game Freak?

Exhibit B: no Poison type legendaries (Arceus doesn't count). Every other type has at least 1.

Exhibit C: Acid moves don't deal double damage to Steel types a la Freeze-dry (okay, I'm grasping at straws here).

Mainly it's A and B, and a related lack of type variation (no Poison/Steel) and stat extremes outside of Megas (SA and Speed have Gengar/Crobat). But it's still a pretty awesome type (especially defensively) with some great Pokémon.

Edit: Lol it censored Skun tank's name. That's almost as bad as Cofagrigus and Archeops (???) being GTS banned.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master

Same reason why some MKs use down throw at high percents to kill despite forward throw being harder to DI.

Low skill mixed with not keeping up with the characters meta. I say low skill cause forward throw leaves your opponent in less Hitstun so you gotta go :4sonic: but in return it rewards you with an easy follow up since human players won't be able to DI that throw well, down throw is begging the opponent to DI away.

People need to lurk Smashboards more, imma lurk Shulk boards because i don't know shizzle about him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Ffamran Ffamran
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

Edit:

LOL WHAT THE ****
I'd say even by default; I'm not sure with customs, but it's probably not that skewed. If more Foxes showed up to that discussion, then we'd get a clearer idea, but for me, Falco just takes Ganondorf's spot while Fox takes Captain Falcon's or a Ken and Ryu situation. They can both punish, but Falco will punish with less hits while Fox while punish with more hits. Both of them can't approach well even though Fox is fast and ground game is silly because almost all of their ground moves come out at the same frame, so they can clank each other over and over, but Falco's range is slightly better, so Falco should space more and Fox needs to get in more without getting beat up by Falco.

Because it was at first established as Falco's bread and butter combos until people realized that some characters can get out of it like Luigi with his Nair and I bet Yoshi can too. Some people try to go for Up Smash, Fair, or Nair out of D-throw. Then there's the Ftilt out of D-throw that I guess people starting d using after seeing the Falco use it on Pon, but once again, it's probably not going to work on everyone. There was a suggestion for Dtilt and I think Utilt could be used in place of Up Smash. Oh, and D-throw or B-throw to (hopped) Blaster.

Then there's F-throw to Falco Phantasm. With Fast Fire Bird, D-throw might be able to combo more, but 2% from FFB might not be worth it. U-throw is a bit safer, but later on it requires that Falco follow his opponent. With the right reads, height, and percent, Falco will juggle and take stocks. Uair near the ledge is pretty sweet. With rage and percent, Falco can punish someone trying to ledgeguard.

Last edited:
I prefer using u-throw than d-throw. At KO percentages, you can u-throw them to the vertical blast zone. Once you do that, you wait for them to either air dodge or... actually, just wait for them to do something. Whatever option they use, you can easily jump up and u-air for the KO

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Hew says I'm joking?

I'm just spilling some tea of the truth variety.

A bit too bitter for your taste buds sis??
I just saw this post and I spat coffee everywhere.

I'm not sure why I find it so funny

I think I'm just happy that tea disses exist

Top Bottom