• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Is it bad that I sorta wish Greninja doesn't become top tier or at least doesn't rise too much in use just because that means more people won't know the MU? Seriously right now Greninja is so rare to see that I don't think most people know how to fight him and I think that's part of the reason I'm doing so well on the ladder.

Not that I think the character is bad when the opponent knows how to deal with him, but hey, any sort of advantage is welcome.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh hey, I just faced the @Fuujin guy on anthers ladder. His default Palutena is really good wow.

I also found the horrors of facing default Palutena as Villager. My god Reflect and Autoreticle...

I'm proud of my boards. They've come a long way with the MU discussions ;-;

I'm also glad that the characters we discuss are relevant (mostly)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I fell out of Luigi's tornado a few times so it's definitely not as abusable as Diddy's hoo hah. Plus Luigi's terribad air speed means his disadvantage state is pretty bad. He takes a lot more effort to use well than Diddy.
At least Luigi's aer- make that all of his moves come out fast or reasonable fast. Luigi could Nair to counter and cover, but someone could bait that out and his Fair and Bair... Luigi is the only character I know who can Nair out of Falco's D-throw to Dash Attack which means Falco has to mix up with U-throw and even then, I bet Luigi could Nair or Luigi Tornado to counter.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh hey, I just faced the @Fuujin guy on anthers ladder. His default Palutena is really good wow.

I also found the horrors of facing default Palutena as Villager. My god Reflect and Autoreticle...
I assume he sassT yew relentlessly.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm proud of my boards. They've come a long way with the MU discussions ;-;

I'm also glad that the characters we discuss are relevant (mostly)
I'm proud too. Yeah, me and about 3 other active users. :p

As for MUs, I think ZSS, Fox, Rosalina, Mario, and Captain Falcon (and Palutena) are the only relevant ones and even then, few people from their boards post while Zelda's the only MU discussion with 2 pages. Let me repeat that: 2 PAGES. I think Link had the most outside input while Fox had nobody since one dude was already a user on the Falco boards, but I think he mains Fox. Really? There are tons of Fox vs. Falco gameplay... Lazy Foxes hibernating for the winter - it was winter when I made the thread.

Edit: It was Rosalina's; Macchiato doesn't count. :p

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Weren't you all supposed to raid the Robin boards or something?
...Were we? I remember the Zelda forums wanting to and I say let me know when. But I don't think the entirety of Rosalina boards ever saying they wanted to.

Edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Soon.
We will take over :4robinf:.

In the meantime there's still no fun allowed in the Rosa forums, I see.

*insert that GIF here*

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm down for visiting the Robins.
When should we do it?

The Fire Emblem characters seem like optimal raid targets for us (except for Marf since they seem kind of serious).
There's likely to be plenty of people because of the fanbase so we'll get some nice healthy discussions :^)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Do it after tommorow since I have a track meet which will eat up time. The day after tommorow is the beginning of spring break so I'll be good then. : )

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How horrid... What chaos have I sown upon such a graceful land filled with innumerably gifted strategists and love-weavers. Oh hark! How the flames shall burn comparably to the hellfires of the grand inferno. The birds will cease to sing, the winds cease to whistle their fine tunes and in place they shall cry songs even the sirens of hell cannot utter! Alas, what foolishness have I done. For I have caused a great disturbance in a fine land...

Welp. Time to watch the Robin boards burn. Woo-hoo, hoo-hoo! :p

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Ooh I like this, I like this very much muehehe [>*0*]>
if I'm not busy, count me in on this raid of yours I'll see if I can bring some Wario spirit to the party, or maybe some Peach sass

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Does Sunday evening work for everyone? This raid is long overdue. :^)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Can't do Friday or Saturday QQ

Need a day to maximize possible attendance.

Preferably--

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
A tree fell down in my neighbourhood today and left me without internet access until now. Hoo joy.

@ Fernosaur Fernosaur And before you go crazy about @ Ffamran Ffamran and I, I want you to see this sign I found at work.
?????????????

Whenever I see someone using this gif for something Macchi says about tiers I'm like "where have you been the last 400 pages?"

Also, what's this "Pranked" thing anyway?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So after beating this one guy's Toon Link twice with my Palutena (who is pretty average IMO) he changed his name to the following in sequence:
FUC [sic]
YOURGOOD (might have been URGOOD)
GG
LOL
After that we played a few more matches; he beat my Tuna once and then I beat him a few times with Dedede. He sent me a friend request, too. He was pretty decent; he actually used and followed up with bombs (which is basically the sign of a good (Toon) Link. Also not chasing me to the top of the screen with Spin Attack. Sure, it's wider than UAir and it goes higher, but it's less powerful and leaves you a lot more prone).

I also discovered that fully charged Jet Hammer has a weak hitbox behind Dedede. Also on the topic of Dedede, why do deflected Gordos magically seem to target him? It sure sea like more often than not they go right back to him rather than being sent at the launching hitbox's trajectory. His FTilt also has some pretty janky coding. It's transcendent but can clank (having the clankable flag checked my be standard, IDK). For some reason I just realized that projectiles passing though his hammer meant that the attack was transcendent. It kind of sucks. Imagine if those were switched; not transcendent but can't clank? Man, S-tier move right there. Kills weak projectiles and weak hitboxes for free.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
As long as the raid is after 8:30pm or so, maybe 9pm, I won't have an issue. I get off work at 8 tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday, and I'm off Saturday. I'd like to be able to watch, at the very least. :3

Also @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL Rosie mini-raid? Hmmm?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also on the topic of Dedede, why do deflected Gordos magically seem to target him? It sure sea like more often than not they go right back to him rather than being sent at the launching hitbox's trajectory.
It doesn't use the knockback angle of the reflecting attack, it just increases velocity and reverses horizontal direction.

Transcendent ftilt/bair is kinda funky, yeah. Unsure how I feel about those, transcendent bair in particular annoys me because it would be able to break through fully charged Charge Shots if it could clank. Not that you'd really be aiming to do that with a frame 17(?) move, but eh.

Top Bottom