• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
@ Lavani Lavani I've been finding Pisces on ninja Zelda to have some comboability onstage. Needles --> Pisces works at certain distances and F-throw --> Pisces can still work in some situations. B-throw --> Pisces is an escapable, but worthwhile combo at high percents that kills well. It's not like Sheik has kill confirms anyway aside from Gravity Grenade --> U-smash / B-air, so the combo being escapable isn't really that big of a deal. I think Bouncing Fish = Pisces in terms of viability.

And I'm digging the shield damage on Penetrating Needles. I haven't broken a shield yet, but the pressure that it puts is nice. It's also nice that the speed and cooldown are pretty much the same as Needle Storm's with the only drawback being the fewer needles.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani I've been finding Pisces on ninja Zelda to have some comboability onstage. Needles --> Pisces works at certain distances and F-throw --> Pisces can still work in some situations. B-throw --> Pisces is an escapable, but worthwhile combo at high percents that kills well. It's not like Sheik has kill confirms anyway aside from Gravity Grenade --> U-smash / B-air, so the combo being escapable isn't really that big of a deal. I think Bouncing Fish = Pisces in terms of viability.

And I'm digging the shield damage on Penetrating Needles. I haven't broken a shield yet, but the pressure that it puts is nice. It's also nice that the speed and cooldown are pretty much the same as Needle Storm's with the only drawback being the fewer needles.
I guess I'll play around with it myself later (sliced my thumb, can't smash atm), I'm still quite skeptical about it due to the fact that it sends opponents behind you; even if needles>Pisces combos, it'll just throw the opponent onto the stage instead of killing them if you connect needles in an edgeguard situation, for example.

A shield break probably isn't that likely yeah, but the pressure's definitely real. When you think about it, being capped at 3 needles with stronger needles just means you don't spend as long charging the move to max!

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Gurl, I stay up until 4 sometimes and even then there are times I don't fall asleep until 5. You sleep schedule has nothing on mine.
Boi. I stay up until 4, 5, and sometimes 6am every night when I work and get up at 10am (if I work earlier than 11 I still generally get 4-5 hours of sleep). On nights before days off, I don't sleep until 6-7 and beyond depending on who's up with me on skype. Last night I was really tired it seems, and randomly passed out while drawing. \o/

Plus it's been super quiet on skype for half a week now.. and I don't like it. I miss my friends.. :(

Last edited:

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
I'm a bit curious, is there a kill % chart for farore's on every character? I know there's all kinds of tech and stuff that would make it mostly irrelevant (see Zelda's 45%-Death combo) but it'd be interesting/useful to know. If one doesn't exist I'll probably sit down and make one

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Is it weird that I listen to songs on repeat for days straight and still don't get sick of them?

Like, I've listened to the entire album One Thousand Forms of Fear over 300 times and I still love every song on it as much as I did when I first heard it. And then there was the time I listened to the song You Will Be Loved over 1000 times. It's a 5 minute long song, so that's over 83 hours of listening to only that song.

idk why I brought this up but I felt it was necessary

D

Deleted member

Is it weird that I listen to songs on repeat for days straight and still don't get sick of them?

Like, I've listened to the entire album One Thousand Forms of Fear over 300 times and I still love every song on it as much as I did when I first heard it. And then there was the time I listened to the song You Will Be Loved over 1000 times. It's a 5 minute long song, so that's over 83 hours of listening to only that song.

idk why I brought this up but I felt it was necessary
How I feel about Selena. I never get tired of her songs.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
A day off and I just want to sleep, but there are people here replacing all the windows in the house.. haahh so much noise..

Wow this happens to me like 54% of the time. Granted I stay up to ridiculous times every night.. regardless.
Last night though I fell asleep around.. 1? Woke up at 4, properly shut everything down, then went back to sleep.
I have such a healthy sleeping schedule.
I like sleep (if I could sleep until I die, I'd be happy), but when I have a week off from classes I **** up my sleep schedule like no other. think I got up at 5 today... pm...
Can any of the local frame data gorls (@ Lavani Lavani @ BJN39 BJN39 @Ffamran ) give me a quick run-down on how to read frame data? Like here's Peach's dtilt:
Code:
def game_5D():
    AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=9.000000, )
    SetBoneIntangibility_0F0(0x10, 0x2, )
    AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=13.000000, )
    Hitbox_029(ID=0x0, GID=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=7.000000, Angle=0x113, KBG=0x69, WKB=0x0, BKB=0x3C, Size=3.800000, Z=0.000000, Y=3.200000, X=7.000000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x3E99999A, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0x1, 0x1, 0x4, 0x0, 2.000000, 15.000000, )
    Hitbox_026(ID=0x1, GID=0x0, Bone=0x11, Damage=7.000000, Angle=0x50, KBG=0x69, WKB=0x0, BKB=0xF, Size=4.500000, Z=0.000000, Y=0.000000, X=0.000000, Element=0x0, Tripping=0x3E99999A, Hitlag=1.000000, SDI=1.000000, unk_=0x1, unk_=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, 0x1, 0x1, 0x2, 0x1, 0x4, )
    SynchronousTimer_20B(Frame=2.000000, )
    ResetBoneIntangibility_0EF(0x0, )
    RemoveAllHitboxes_014()
    End_196()
The first thing that says Frame=9 means the hitboxes come out on frame 9, right? Does the setboneintangibility mean her arm is intangible? The second AsynchronousTimer is really confusing me. Is that when the hitboxes end? And I don't really understand anything else except the damage=7.
you didn't say @ Furret Furret
heartbroken_furret_by_keijimatsu-d39mz53.png

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I guess I'll play around with it myself later (sliced my thumb, can't smash atm), I'm still quite skeptical about it due to the fact that it sends opponents behind you; even if needles>Pisces combos, it'll just throw the opponent onto the stage instead of killing them if you connect needles in an edgeguard situation, for example.

A shield break probably isn't that likely yeah, but the pressure's definitely real. When you think about it, being capped at 3 needles with stronger needles just means you don't spend as long charging the move to max!
While your edgeguarding game is nerfed, you gain strings that can kill onstage and an anti-edgeguard with Pisces. From my point of view, I just see it as losing one component to gain another equally important one. You have b-air, f-air, Gravity Grenade and Vanish to compensate for edguarding and U-air, Vanish, Gravity Grenade, smash attacks and B-air to compensate for the onstage kills.

Good luck with your hand btw. That sounds painful :(

whaaaaaat is that

like using nair and dair or is there something i dont know?
Sweetspot d-air --> Farore's Wind iirc

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm a bit curious, is there a kill % chart for farore's on every character? I know there's all kinds of tech and stuff that would make it mostly irrelevant (see Zelda's 45%-Death combo) but it'd be interesting/useful to know. If one doesn't exist I'll probably sit down and make one
Well, I have a WIP chart of the KO percents for FW Elevator. (Hit one to hit two combo. Unless that's what you meant. :p) that I've been trying to remember to work on more. You can find it on post #3 of the Fairy Fountain. I don't have a raw reappear hit KO percent chart though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that lol. My sister always tells me how weird it is that I play the same songs on repeat.

I honestly didn't know you could read frame data
@ Furret Furret can indeed, he works pretty hard and does well imo, definitely a "frame data gorl".

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm sad that I missed Macchi going on about Zelda being mid tier and WFT being high tier... Oh well :')
Zelda is definitely mid, mechanics this game buff her a lot. She has an ACTUAL offstage game. Recovering for her is a strong point. She has good combos. Din's fire are amazing as always duhh. She still has great range. Approaching well, **** that.

Wii fit is definitely high, she has good match ups. She kills really well, has great projectiles. Range imo isn't really a problem. She's mobile. Amazing edgeguarding game. Best taunts. Great recover

But I main doc so ohkay

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Machitoto you should be a comedian i can picture you being as blast at parties.
-------

@ JingleJangleJamil JingleJangleJamil bruh i saw that post in the marf board, if you got a problem with me get it off your chest. you said ganon is low tier but looking at the reasoning doesn't marf have the same problem? you said he's above average despite him getting decked by most of the top tiers that frequent tournaments, not even gonna talk about mk since you outright said you know nothing about him.

--------
Drk,Pch's pech is disgustingly good. A good MK player is fighting him and it looks pretty close, bring us victory random hero somewhere in the world

Last edited:

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
@ BJN39 BJN39 I'd be willing to sit down with you sometime and work on/finish that chart. Course idk how my DI is, so I'd probably be the one doing the televatoring ;B

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So Samus can kill anyone at zero percent on Battlefield.

25 hit combo. 40% damage.

Insta-kill.

Sakurai must of known this which made him thought she was top tier, alongside Ganondorf's Down-B ledge cancel into Dair insta-spike lolololol. :^)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So Samus can kill anyone at zero percent on Battlefield.

25 hit combo. 40% damage.

Insta-kill.

Sakurai must of known this which made him thought she was top tier, alongside Ganondorf's Down-B ledge cancel into Dair insta-spike lolololol. :^)
He said Zelda is top tier. There must be something we're missing

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Machitoto you should be a comedian i can picture you being as blast at parties.
-------

@ JingleJangleJamil JingleJangleJamil bruh i saw that post in the marf board, if you got a problem with me get it off your chest. you said ganon is low tier but looking at the reasoning doesn't marf have the same problem? you said he's above average despite him getting decked by most of the top tiers that frequent tournaments, not even gonna talk about mk since you outright said you know nothing about him.

--------
Drk,Pch's pech is disgustingly good. A good MK player is fighting him and it looks pretty close, bring us victory random hero somewhere in the world
I don't really want to talk about MK or Ganon, since that was not my problem and like I said, I don't want to bother arguing. My problem was when you said this: "but you lack basic knowledge on MK in the first place(no surprise)". That part really made it sound like you were trying to insult me, especially with the "(no surprise)". I still think that you give Ganon a bit too much credit and Marth not enough. Since I don't really know anything about MK, I'll just say I will agree with you about him since you know more than I do about him.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I don't really want to talk about MK or Ganon, since that was not my problem. My problem was when you said this: "but you lack basic knowledge on MK in the first place(no surprise)". That part really made it sound like you were trying to insult me, especially with the "(no surprise)".
well its no surprise that you don't know anything about a character that rarely gets spoken about(outside Mk boards). He's like Greninja and Shulk level in player rarity(probably more rare since Shulk is popular with his memes and greninja = amsa = apex) so you'll hardly play him, if you don't know much about MK to the point where you base your opinion on him through players who never played a good mk or played him at mid level,then more times than not you won't have basic knowledge on him.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
He said Zelda is top tier. There must be something we're missing
Do you have a link to when he said this because I've honestly searched for this multiple times and the only thing I can find that Sakurai ever about SSB4 Zelda is that she and Sheik feel fresher as separate characters.

Also, I doubt he'd ever say anything like this since he doesn't want to seem biased towards any particular character. There's a reason he won't tell us which character he uses the most.

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
well its no surprise that you don't know anything about a character that rarely gets spoken about(outside Mk boards). He's like Greninja and Shulk level in player rarity(probably more rare since Shulk is popular with his memes and greninja = amsa = apex) so you'll hardly play him, if you don't know much about MK to the point where you base your opinion on him through players who never played a good mk or played him at mid level,then more times than not you won't have basic knowledge on him.
Alright, thanks for clearing things up. I guess there was not really a way to make it not sound the way I thought you meant it. Sorry about all of this, please forgive me senpai! :sadeyes:

Latte

Smash Ace
I need to practice my Zelda, so if any of you gurls want to play with me, let me know. Wii U version is preferred, of course, but I can play 3DS too.
I remember feeling like this at your age, I didn't get my license until I had to at 18. The scariest part of driving is other people, honestly.
I mainly dislike driving at night or in crowded downtown areas. How2find a place2park downtown

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
MK legit af character just sayin'

I need to practice my Zelda, so if any of you gurls want to play with me, let me know. Wii U version is preferred, of course, but I can play 3DS too.

I mainly dislike driving at night or in crowded downtown areas. How2find a place2park downtown
rip thumb
oh well

I actually prefer night driving because then the scary part of driving (other drivers) is much less of a factor. As for finding a place to park I live in the middle of nowhere so lol

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Do you have a link to when he said this because I've honestly searched for this multiple times and the only thing I can find that Sakurai ever about SSB4 Zelda is that she and Sheik feel fresher as separate characters.

Also, I doubt he'd ever say anything like this since he doesn't want to seem biased towards any particular character. There's a reason he won't tell us which character he uses the most.
Idk that's what someone said in the competetive thread

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
We really should get someone with the needed talent and time on their hands to make a Zelda version of this gif.

Which is likely not going to happen, but it's just a thought.
Won't happen?

Asdfnsbjgjubg :awesome:

As soon as you said that I bet someone decided to do it.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Wii fit is definitely high, she has good match ups. She kills really well, has great projectiles. Range imo isn't really a problem. She's mobile. Amazing edgeguarding game. Best taunts. Great recover
Best taunts.
uh
Wii Fit Trainer? I mean I guess there's "Let's stretch our legs" but there's also :4falcon::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4megaman::4ness::4pacman::4shulk::4villager::4zelda:

They all have taunts that are better than WFT imo

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I need this

also has anyone noticed that zelda always has a resting b**** face?

SMILING GIVES YOU WRINKLES

RESTING B**** FACE KEEPS YOU FLAWLESS

Top Bottom