• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh man oh jeez I hadn't actually been trying to combo into aura sphere until now

I'm getting addicted to lucario just fooling around in training

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Mocha Mocha @ FullMoon FullMoon sometime this weekend could we play? I need to work on my greninja and yew both have great ones. Well Mocha, we need to play anyways so. Also Greninjas going great, he's fun to play.

Also a few questions on customs.

Is stagnant shuriken good?

What customs of his are usable?

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
Can we talk about how much starting lag lucario's smash attacks have. becuase if he didnt have that he'd be so stupidly overpowered

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Shifting Shuriken (shuriken gains transcendent priority+piercing and pops opponents toward you; combos into kill moves..and pretty much everything else) and Exploding Attack (replaces the counter with something kind of like Sheik's vanish without recovery) are the main two useful ones. SideB and upB customs are kind of underwhelming, though I like upB 3.

Haven't actually seen anyone put Stagnant Shuriken to use yet so idk what it can do, it feels laggy and bleh to me and you lose having a ranged projectile if you take it...

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

rabbits

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Good games @ Rizen Rizen ! Those were fun and we played for hours, lol.

You have a really good Link! I haven't fought many that do all the bomb combos and stuff. And lol, you kept reading my getup option and punishing with a grab. I don't think I ever learned, haha.

What I saw of you Ganondorf was good too. Kept getting me with those Flame Choke reads. Over and over again.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Speaking of which, this is NSFW because the game's basically a visual novel with Bejeweled gameplay for "dating". In this case, the NSFW is because of swearing and I couldn't find the scene without commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=atEitQKUxe8#t=703.

It's hilarious! :laugh:
Oh my god that was the best.

@ Mocha Mocha @ FullMoon FullMoon sometime this weekend could we play? I need to work on my greninja and yew both have great ones. Well Mocha, we need to play anyways so. Also Greninjas going great, he's fun to play.

I'm free pretty much whenever.

Also I tried Stagnant Shuriken and I do not think it has much use. I mean, I suppose it can combo into things, but the drawback of losing a projectile is too much.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
OH MY GAHD LUCAHJIN

She's hillarious. I couldn't even believe this game was real when I first saw her play it lol
I heard about the game on Kotaku when Steam players complained about censorship. I won't go into anything further since, yeah...

GGs :)
I need to stop trying to play Link offstage on wifi, lol.
Have you tried using Nair for offstage? It could work as a safe gimp and you don't have to do much for it. Fair might be a bit risky since it's not like Toon Link's where he can swipe and get back on stage because Toon Link's faster and his recovery is a bit better. Bair might work as well. Just don't go for style points online. I fought a couple of people who tried to style with Dair kills/spikes like Link, Sheik, and Captain Falcon only to fall to their deaths and lose despite having a lead over me.

Hmm... I should try more Nair gimps with Falco. Yes, it works, but I think you need to hit with the last hit.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good games @ Rizen Rizen ! Those were fun and we played for hours, lol.

You have a really good Link! I haven't fought many that do all the bomb combos and stuff. And lol, you kept reading my getup option and punishing with a grab. I don't think I ever learned, haha.

What I saw of you Ganondorf was good too. Kept getting me with those Flame Choke reads. Over and over again.
GGs, great Zelda. IMO ganon gets a wifi buff but only if the opponent doesn't have a good keep away game vs him. Sorry about the SDs with Link. I kept thinking I can Dair spike this with good timing and land onstage but not on wifi. I kept facepalming myself lol.
Have you tried using Nair for offstage? It could work as a safe gimp and you don't have to do much for it. Fair might be a bit risky since it's not like Toon Link's where he can swipe and get back on stage because Toon Link's faster and his recovery is a bit better. Bair might work as well. Just don't for style points online. I fought a couple of people who tried to style with Dair kills/spikes like Link, Sheik, and Captain Falcon only to fall to their deaths and lose despite having a lead over me.
Yeah. The thing is Link has a great guaranteed Dair spike when the opponent ledge snaps but I kept messing up the timing and SDing. I just need to practice more; I messed up a lot.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
GGs, great Zelda. IMO ganon gets a wifi buff but only if the opponent doesn't have a good keep away game vs him. Sorry about the SDs with Link. I kept thinking I can Dair spike this with good timing and land onstage but not on wifi. I kept facepalming myself lol.
You got me a few times with that dair hitbox though. That lingering hitbox gives the finger to Zelda's recovery, lol.

Don't worry about those SDs, I had a few 3DS incidents with Din's, as you saw. And some mis-teleports. Farore and Din were not with me, haha.

Is there anything in particular I should work on?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is just the tip of the ice berg. I have so much to show you

*Aladdin "A Whole New World" GIF here*
:p

I don't know why, but I thought of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Hmm... I should read the book since I only saw the film.

Edit: Complete your spoilers, dammit! :glare:

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
:p

I don't know why, but I thought of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Hmm... I should read the book since I only saw the film.

Edit: Complete your spoilers, dammit! :glare:
On mobile they look fine o.O

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
As I voted before, we can raid the :4robinf:boards to continue showing the sass against the less superior waifus. :^)

I also have lots of raid material ready especially for her~

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I suck so badly online.
Just got my ass handed to me by another Yoshi on Smashladder. I need to go to an offline tourney or something to see if online is really the problem or if I just suck.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I suck so badly online.
Just got my *** handed to me by another Yoshi on Smashladder. I need to go to an offline tourney or something to see if online is really the problem or if I just suck.
I used to be a bit skeptical about the differences between offline and online play, but I have to say that recently I had the chance to compare playing really good players (Locke and Macchiato) online vs playing really good players offline and it's incredible how different the game becomes. The amount of techs, dodges, punishes and perfect shields I get offline is exponentially bigger than online, so the wifi might indeed be the problem :(

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

We can try, but you'll probably get better practice vs @ FullMoon FullMoon . Also, I'm pretty convinced I have the worst Greninja :p

I hear shifting shuriken is great, but I haven't messed around with customs much.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Lavani Lavani Do you have information on how the height and weight of the Miis affects their attacks? Cause I'm pretty sure the endlag on their attacks is bigger the heavier and taller they are. On the flipside, they seem to get much more range by being taller, so...

I'd just like to know if there's any exact estimate. I just saw a thinnest/smallest Mii Brawler do a nair offstage without dying, and if I do that with mine it's suicide.

Spirst

I play offline sometimes when I can and it is a noticeable difference. Even when the online game feels to be smooth, I can feel the difference between that and offline play. Online, I tend to mistime stuff or make input errors more often than offline (B-reverse throwing a bell to gush it/Greninja combos/etc get screwy) because of the slight frame delay. Online isn't too bad though once you get used to it and have a good connection but I would always recommend offline when possible.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I really wonder if I would play better if I could play with people offline more often.
That's for certain, and could be said for most people. Offline is ALWAYS better than online. Greninja feels like a completely different character to me in lag vs no lag. Even with the best connection online you can get, the slightest delay will hurt him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco becomes slower than molasses online. Robin and Ganondorf outspeed Falco online. Let that sink in. :glare:

Idk if I'll participate in the Robin raid, but regardless

RAID MATERIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Heheh. I guess Nightwing will have to make an appearance too. :p

You can also guess what the Meta Knight MU thread will involve for a title and a pitch.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Fighting against DH, Villager, Ike, DDD, Samus, and pretty much any character you must react to is a terrible thing to do online.

I tend to ignore the results themselves, save the replays, watch them a couple times and try to spot my own habits.

Spirst

When I'm online, I just try to play friendlies with people I know I have a good connection with or find other people who don't have a spotty connection. I stopped playing For Glory for the most part since I feel it was legitimately making me a worse player with all the bad habits that build up. Also, the players there, from my experiences, are usually either cancerous, extreme tryhards, or people who look like they just got the game.

It's...not fun.

I tried it again the other day and one of the first few games I found (after a Sonic) was a Duck Hunt player who tried rolling and spamming projectiles. Now, I PLAY Duck Hunt and even then, with the poor connection and lol playstyle, I found the character really irritating to react to. lol nope

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fighting against DH, Villager, Ike, DDD, Samus, and pretty much any character you must react to is a terrible thing to do online.

I tend to ignore the results themselves, save the replays, watch them a couple times and try to spot my own habits.
Ike? I find Ike manageable online, but that might be because I played him a lot in Brawl (online) and I just understand what Ike's range and capabilities are even though SSB4 Ike is much more different.

Characters I hate dealing with online include Villager, Samus, Link, Toon Link, Little Mac, Wario - I have no idea what to do and his Waft is pretty much guaranteed because of input lag -, ZSS - depends sometimes -, Luigi, Robin, Rosalina, Bowser Jr. at times, Charizard - input lag + Flare Blitz =/= fun -, Mr. Game & Watch, and Jigglypuff. As for Duck Hunt, they're freaking annoying. I have to tank through and bob and weave my *** only to have the stupid duo run off somewhere.

Everyone else is pretty much manageable.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I hate fighting Rosalina online (in FG) cuz a lot of the time you'll find the...less experienced ones who always keep Luma seperated, and when they use Luma Shot during lag it's like "oh, alright" UNTIL SUDDENLY LUMA TELEPORTS NEXT TO YOU AND USMASHES YOU TO OBLIVION SMH :///

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wished I had a Wii U, it'd make playing with people easier since I think most people have Wii Us and because well, the 3DS isn't exactly made for fighting games. Laziness just leads to playing on For Glory and getting annoyed.

Top Bottom