• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
:4zelda:'s Dthrow is probably my favourite move in the game, even if it's not THAT good of a move.

It's all about the possibilities I can do next that gets me giddy. :^)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Then take them off...:happysheep:

On a serious note, my favorite move is timber.

Oh. ~ The strategic possibilities and the mind games. ~
Telling someone to take their pants off then talking about wood in the same post, classy. :secretkpop:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So I've given MM's situation some more thought after seeing that we're not really in the best position to make everyone happy right now and done a bit more looking into his various up specials, and I've come to realize that our fundamental space issue is niche moves vs Leaf Shield/Plant Barrier. Danger Wrap is uncontestedly his general best side special as Metal Blade is for neutral; different options on these are more niche. All three of his up specials are, upon a serious examination, blatantly good moves and extremely different from each other; he clearly needs to have serious set support for all three and it was probably not fair to categorize up-2 as the niche option even if as a player I can't say I would respect it much. That boils the decision making down to space for down variants versus space for more niche side and neutral options with the main one of these being Shadow Blade.

I kinda feel like in the long run one of the two of Leaf Shield or Plant Barrier is going to prove just "the best". The moves are really just too similar for it not to pan out that way. My intuition is that it will be Plant Barrier, but I don't main Mega Man so take that with a grain of salt. If we just standardized on down-1 or down-3 for non-default up-Bs, that would solve all space issues. We would have 7 "basic" sets (1311, 1312, 1313, 1322, 1332, and then 1321+1331 or 1323+1333), 1112, and then two Shadow Blade sets for 10 total sets. If we decide Shadow Blade really does just suck but that we care a lot about supporting PB and LS equally, we could drop SB sets to do that, but I'd be pretty hesitant to do that since Shadow Blade certainly seems like a more meaningful option than the distinction between shields and heck we already have this poll we could use to pick SB sets:
A.A. on Mega Man's customs.

Only 2 sets with Crash Bomb & Metal Blade if you include default. And I'd totally try arguing for IS and Crash Bomb but...
No one uses ice slasher and makes money from a tournament. no one
Crash Bomb is nothing compared to danger wrap, even against pacman and the only reason I would play it is in a match against game and watch maybe and that's a maybe, because if he fills his bucket with pellets, he can't store a danger wrap for instant kill. Also against spammers I've skull barrier who is way better than crash bomb.
welp. I guess it doesn't really matter much since I doubt I am more than happy to run default or 1112 in most matchups... and the fact that I don't tournament (and probably won't tournament a lot even when I start going due to a small Seattle scene) but merp.

#MegaStruggles

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm disappointed that you didn't make a joke about Alfredo actually being a man instead of pasta.
Gotta draw the line somewhere.

If it makes you feel better, I thought about it at least.

A.A. on Mega Man's customs.

Only 2 sets with Crash Bomb & Metal Blade if you include default. And I'd totally try arguing for IS and Crash Bomb but...

welp. I guess it doesn't really matter much since I doubt I am more than happy to run default or 1112 in most matchups... and the fact that I don't tournament (and probably won't tournament a lot even when I start going due to a small Seattle scene) but merp.

#MegaStruggles
Dang, that sucks. I guess I should be glad that I play characters with clearcut superior options, though my tournament situation is pretty similar to yours.

Though tbh if you aren't going to nationals, smaller tournaments should still allow 3DS importing no?

I'm kinda weirded out by how little Crash Bomb representation is in those sets too, it's less conventional but I've seen crazy stuff with it. I do like Danger Wrap the most myself, but not at a "this needs to be in every set" level.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Thanks for that, @ Lavani Lavani . Though I'm still not sure how that's different from most other aerials, unless their hitboxes disappear when clanking and her FAir doesn't.

Speaking of clanking, I hate when I'm riding Lloid and I clank with a move because the opponent recovera while I keep riding without a hitbox.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Dang, that sucks. I guess I should be glad that I play characters with clearcut superior options, though my tournament situation is pretty similar to yours.

Though tbh if you aren't going to nationals, smaller tournaments should still allow 3DS importing no?

I'm kinda weirded out by how little Crash Bomb representation is in those sets too, it's less conventional but I've seen crazy stuff with it. I do like Danger Wrap the most myself, but not at a "this needs to be in every set" level.
Yeah, I assume 3DS imports will still be a thing. Although I can see tournaments adopting the 10 so that people can get practice against it.

I'm a big fan of Crash Bomb and Danger Wrap is really meh in my opinion. The kill power is nice to throw out and the traps you can make with it are alright, but the horizontal range kills it for me. Also, if you use it as an anti-air, I'm pretty sure it has 0% priority like crash bombs... so sex kick>danger wrap. Also, people say it's a good juggling tool... but it just feels like a worse SHFF UAir because of its priority and initial travel speed (although the reward on hit is better). Crash Bomb shield pokes really easily (headshots or footshots in addition to doing a total of 19% shield damage), and is quick for a mid-long range pressure tool. Also combo's into BAir kills if you're in position (crash bomb cancels are super cool). It's less straightforward and the reward on hit isn't nearly as good, but it's a much better tool than I think people give it credit for. I prefer Ice Slasher over Danger Wrap because it fits as a mixup in the horizontal zoning.

Even if Danger Wrap is "preferred," I can't see it as a clear cut "superior" option. They're just too different.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Uh...I found a weird glitch with Lucario's jab1. There are frames before the IASA where you can input another jab1...and only jab1, even if you input tilts or smashes you get another jab1...and it stacks the aura graphic from the previous jab1 each time. I don't see anything in MasterCore explaining why this happens but it's really weird.

EDIT: It exists on his jab2 as well, it seems.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Away for 2 days because PAX and stuff and I come back to like 17 new pages -.- slow down people
Pulling off You Will Know our Names on piano feels amazing
Excuse me WHAT
Teach me pls
Because I like to post semi-random things, does anybody remember how good the soundtrack to the original Plants vs. Zombies was?

PvZ2 is okay (they changed how it plays a little, but I won't say that's good or bad). But they lost a lot of the original development team when EA bought PopCap (which is a shame, I had thought about wanting to work at PopCap in the future but now... probably not). This includes the original composer, Laura Shigihara, who was also the one who sang the theme song "Zombies on Your Lawn." Her tunes were just really good and fit the game perfectly.

The original version had so much charm. It didn't need no storyline, you were just protecting your brainz with some plants from the Doom & Bloom Co. and some advice from your crazy neighbor. I'm miffed that they had to change the original design for the Dancing Zombie and his Backup Dancers because Michael Jackson had to go and die the same year the game was released. The change to the Zomboni's description is less bothersome, but the new one is kind of boring.

Also, the trailer for the game came out on April 1st. That's just perfect.
PvZ had great music. I played so much of that game lol
PvZ2 didn't really cut it though. I played it for a while but I just stopped. Lost its charm I guess, kinda like Pokemon actually (the main series games that is, Pokemon spinoffs are still all golden (even Pokemon Shuffle LOL))
Also if you actually listen to it all the PvZ2 music is just the same thing on different instruments :/

Favorite moves? Let's try this out. (is this in terms of utility or trolliness) (no particular order) (I haven't played everyone)
:4shulk: Vision: hype counter that looks cool, kills early, and lasts a millenium? Sure.
:4shulk: Monado Arts: so much utility! also surviving to 150% consistently is cool
:4villager: Timber: I've killed more people by growing the tree than I can count, lol. Also it makes everyone scared
:4charizard: Rock Smash: super armor is love, plus a free 20% isn't bad
:4dedede: dtilt: semilegit move that's also a really stupid idea
:4ganondorf: everything: ganon for biggest troll 2015
and idk if this counts but
:4jigglypuff: uthrow -> Leaping Rest: this is legitimately funny and semiuseful

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Holy...

My Greninja highlights video already has 300 views and it has only been 5 hours since I posted it. It has 3 times more views than any of the other videos I uploaded.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm pretty sure we were all going to go visit Twili's social and hang out there for a while but I guess that never happened.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The Likespam... I'm pretty sure I've heard of users getting in trouble for that lol. I don't think anyone objects here though. :awesome:

I'm pretty sure we were all going to go visit Twili's social and hang out there for a while but I guess that never happened.
Not yet at least! ;)

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Favorite moves.
Farores wind, Zelda's Usmash, Din's Blaze, Nayrus Passion, Shadow Sneak.

Imagine how much better zelda would be if this was allowed. Instant high tier imo.
Amazing O_O
Good move choices too! Even U-smash lol.
Omg passions hitbox is big af
Yeah, it's pretty large. I just wish it had more vertical range and maybe some invincibility frames. It's not a bad move though; I think it has potential. Speaking of, I still need to upload that online match of me using it versus a Link, though it probably doesn't show anything spectacular.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Yes! I played online quite a bit but I kinda stopped. The Dissidia Forums community was way too mean, Idunno they're just a bunch of jerks there.
But I would play with some friends for casual fun, those were really good times ^.^

I hope to see some new Kuja schtuff as well, he was one of my top five!
(Ultimecia, Shantotto, Cloud of Darkness, Kuja and Terra)

I can't wait to see new Kefka as well.
Yeah DF was a mean place to be lol, I actually made a name for myself there and it felt good to give those rather rude top player members a good whoopin ;]

I mained Kefka, sub'd Kuja, Exdeath, Jecht, and Empy.
tho everyone liked my Exdeath far more than my Kefka since my Omni Block success was near 100% and inflicted some bad salt lol.

If you still have access to a PS3 + AHP, we could play casuals sometime ^^
No need to apologize for not being here, I think this is the.. first or second time I've mentioned my plans here. I'm so sorry things have been that tough for you, and I hope they aren't as bad now. :(
It's quite alright, family abuse was practically a " theme " for my generation and I think I made it out ok since I'm very opposed to violence / try my best to be a nice guy.

If you really plan to ever try an RPG like FF,
I'd start with FF9 or anything FF7-10 , since the VERY early SNES era games are extremely difficult in comparison and the ones after FF10 lost alot of quality. The early ones like FF5 + FF6 are amazing, but very hard especially for newcomers to an RPG.

tbh, you'll probably have the hardest time dealing with the fact that these aren't up to the same graphics as new games today.
If you can understand the era's limitations and graphics don't matter much to you.... , I guarantee you'll love the story telling.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So on nairos stream I was using 3213 and I was winning by a whole stock. Then he got an elevator kill at 50% then after he killed me at 35%. I was close. I like passion

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I always wanted to play Dissidia. Why? Jecht. Seriously, dude's a BAMF. Talk about a meteor smash, am I right? :awesome:
^ this <3
He's so satisfying to win with.

I actually made a tech demo with him that was well received and I did well in some globals with him :

If your interested in seeing that is :u

I'm an " alright Jecht player ", but some of the best Jecht players were Veysey , Muggshotter , and King Clavier ( who is pretty much the best Jecht we had ).

Top Bottom