• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I have been tinkering with Greninja lately. His moveset really complemented my play style once I got use to it. I love the dair spike unless I miss and SD myself haha. His substitute elevators are hype also. Listening to Naruto music while playing Greninja should be mandatory.
Greninja and Zelda/Sheik seem to complement each other really well for whatever reason. I guess it's that ninja bond that lies even in Princess Zelda.

I've been using Sheik more myself in SSB4 and she's now topped even Yoshi in usage at #4. I used to be really bad with her and SD a lot, but now I like her a lot, especially with customs (Pieses <3). As a Brawl Sheilda main, I knew things would come around eventually.
Lucario's bair makes me cry when I try Greninja's fair after. They take the same time to start and are fairly similar moves in general, but Lucario's bair kills at like half the percent and is a lot safer (if not completely safe) on shield (dear god the pushback). I'm sure it doesn't have Greninja's blind spot either, though to be f-air Greninja's has more range at least.
Fixed that for ya :seuss:

I'll never be the Hah to your Hoo!!!
I lol'd.
I have an essay that I need to get done by Friday and instead of working on it I spend my whole afternoon making a Greninja montage for youtube.

I sure have my priorities straight.

Oh well at least it's done.
Oh you'll find something else to distract yourself with don't worry :p

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I don't think being afraid of neutralB is that bad when playing Greninja lol, it's stupidly laggy and not very rewarding uncharged. I don't throw very many shurikens in a match, and I've watched other Greninjas that seem to ignore the button even more than I do.

Cross-character habits are pretty awful though. Trying to learn Palutena and Lucario together awhile back was awful because Palutena has a great jab and terrible tilts while Lucario has great tilts and a terrible jab. Kept doing ftilt/utilt on Palutena and jabs on Lucario ;_;

EDIT: Oh hey since I mentioned Lucario again

I've been playing with his customs today. Piercing Aura Sphere is actually really cool, I blew it off at first because I heard it was really weak, but it charges super fast, flies really fast, and has disgusting semispike knockback that gimps so hard. Force Palm customs I expected to be bad, and they were still somehow worse than I was expecting. Both counter customs seem awful, Paralyzing Double Team would be really good if it paralyzed for a bit longer though. UpBs I tested forever ago and my opinion hasn't changed much, though I like default Espeed more than Ride the Wind now. RtW's landing lag is much better though, and I don't think it's really outclassed, I just like Espeed's speed and hitbox more.
1111>3111>2111>1121>3121>2121>* imo

EDIT 2: Oh god I just got gust caped while force palming Mario and it ended up slinging me to the ledge before I threw him
Cross-character habits suck. Sometimes when I go from playing Game & Watch to Villager I try to use Up-B offensively. OOPS WRONG MOVE

And I personally think Palutena's UTilt is pretty cool. Not great as far as UTilts go, but it covers the whole area above her with hitboxes. Kind of like Dedede's UAir but on the ground. At the very least it doesn't stale her UAir.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And I personally think Palutena's UTilt is pretty cool. Not great as far as UTilts go, but it covers the whole area above her with hitboxes. Kind of like Dedede's UAir but on the ground. At the very least it doesn't stale her UAir.
Wow, I'm not the only one!

Ftilt and dtilt are legitimate garbage, but I always really liked that she crouched low while throwing a lingering disjointed hitbox above her, makes it pretty much impossible to challenge and it lingers long enough to catch airdodge attempts as well. I haven't tried it in training yet, but I think with Lightweight on she might be able to combo uair off of it too.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've been playing with his customs today. Piercing Aura Sphere is actually really cool, I blew it off at first because I heard it was really weak, but it charges super fast, flies really fast, and has disgusting semispike knockback that gimps so hard. Force Palm customs I expected to be bad, and they were still somehow worse than I was expecting. Both counter customs seem awful, Paralyzing Double Team would be really good if it paralyzed for a bit longer though. UpBs I tested forever ago and my opinion hasn't changed much, though I like default Espeed more than Ride the Wind now. RtW's landing lag is much better though, and I don't think it's really outclassed, I just like Espeed's speed and hitbox more.
1111>3111>2111>1121>3121>2121>* imo

EDIT 2: Oh god I just got gust caped while force palming Mario and it ended up slinging me to the ledge before I threw him
I always end up forgetting Palutena's tilts are bad and accidentally use them ;-;

I remember when I thought I'd main Lucario back in the Brawl days. Now, I'm not much of a fan of his (his really weak>strong mechanic is irritating to me), but I do use him occasionally. He's one of the characters I feel like I'll eventually pick up, since he fits a lot of my criteria (floaty, great recovery, good aerials). The best thing about him returning in Smash 4 is that he has actual palette swaps now. His Brawl palette swaps were honestly the worst thing ever. Like, did they even try?

Idk much about Lucario's customs, but I'd agree that default is his best option. The slow AS is pretty cool to set traps with, but you lose out on the punishes and general utility of default AS (similar to Samus' Dense Charge Shot). His side b customs seemed meh to me and I don't remember what they were. Glancing Counter is my favorite custom of his because it's so lol. It's a straight downgrade to Double Team. I'd like to know what they were thinking when they made it. It's just a little punch and idk if it even kills. It's really fun to troll the CPU with it, though.

edit: I like Palutena's utilt a lot, albeit only because she makes a weird pose when she does it, and it amuses me.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Y'know, I've never had that problem, even as a kid. I can bounce from character to character without getting confused.

Hmm, maybe I should experiment with U-tilt. I literally never use it, and I even use F-tilt on purpose once in a blue moon.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Wow, I'm not the only one!

Ftilt and dtilt are legitimate garbage, but I always really liked that she crouched low while throwing a lingering disjointed hitbox above her, makes it pretty much impossible to challenge and it lingers long enough to catch airdodge attempts as well. I haven't tried it in training yet, but I think with Lightweight on she might be able to combo uair off of it too.
I mean, DTilt hits about as far in front of her as her jab and it actually hits low, so I guess it has some use there (I still rarely, rarely use it though). I use FTilt more as a mistake than anything, but it's a big hitbox in front of her. Unfortunately despite the "no clanking" property it has usually what happens when it hits a hitbox is that it keeps going and the opponent clanks but gets pushed away so they don't get hit. The move would be better if its damage wasn't terrible. I mean, 6% sweetspotted? Honestly? Yeah it can hit more than once but it usually doesn't. Buffing the sweetspot to 8% and the sourspot to 5% would be decent IMO.

And while we're on the topic of Palutena's moves, I remember you discussing with Macchiato that her FAir doesn't clank. That's kind of an inherent property of all aerials, is it not? That really doesn't sound that great to me lol.

BTW where is that in the move data in MasterCore?

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Y'know, I've never had that problem, even as a kid. I can bounce from character to character without getting confused.

Hmm, maybe I should experiment with U-tilt. I literally never use it, and I even use F-tilt on purpose once in a blue moon.
Really? I use it a lot. I thought it was one of her better moves if people are dropping right above you, or if they're a tall character and they're right next to you. I don't necessarily use it a lot, just more than most people.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I always end up forgetting Palutena's tilts are bad and accidentally use them ;-;

I remember when I thought I'd main Lucario back in the Brawl days. Now, I'm not much of a fan of his (his really weak>strong mechanic is irritating to me), but I do use him occasionally. He's one of the characters I feel like I'll eventually pick up, since he fits a lot of my criteria (floaty, great recovery, good aerials). The best thing about him returning in Smash 4 is that he has actual palette swaps now. His Brawl palette swaps were honestly the worst thing ever. Like, did they even try?

Idk much about Lucario's customs, but I'd agree that default is his best option. The slow AS is pretty cool to set traps with, but you lose out on the punishes and general utility of default AS (similar to Samus' Dense Charge Shot). His side b customs seemed meh to me and I don't remember what they were. Glancing Counter is my favorite custom of his because it's so lol. It's a straight downgrade to Double Team. I'd like to know what they were thinking when they made it. It's just a little punch and idk if it even kills. It's really fun to troll the CPU with it, though.

edit: I like Palutena's utilt a lot, albeit only because she makes a weird pose when she does it, and it amuses me.
Lucario feels clunky in this game, but I still like his combos and Aura Sphere is probably my favorite move in the game. I also hate the "start weak then get stronger as you get beat up" mechanic, but eh. He has enough power to start killing at reasonable percents with uair when he's around ~30% himself, so I guess it isn't as bad as it could've been.

Snaring Aura Sphere is actually way better than Dense Charge Shot etc. imo, it has suction windboxes to pull opponents into it and has transcendent priority, and can hit multiple times, and still has good kill power. My only gripes with it are the slower charge time and disgusting end lag after throwing one. Both sideBs slow the grab down to "slower than Samus' grab" tier, that's really all you need to know. And yeah, Glancing Counter is goofy lol

The best thing about him returning in Smash 4 is that he has actual palette swaps now. His Brawl palette swaps were honestly the worst thing ever. Like, did they even try?
I...actually liked his white palette more in Brawl (I'm pretty sure it used to be white then and is gray now, anyway), and the other palette I mainly use was also one of his Brawl palettes (blue+green). I like the #8 purple palette too though.
Still...
>

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was messing around with +Attack equipment and Critical Hit equipment last night.

Doing almost 200% (or maybe it was over 200%? don't remember) with a a reverse aerial Warlock Punch is amusing. As is grabbing people and throwing them into Dense Charge Shot.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Really? I use it a lot. I thought it was one of her better moves if people are dropping right above you, or if they're a tall character and they're right next to you. I don't necessarily use it a lot, just more than most people.
If they're dropping on me I usually try to bait an airdodge and punish with U-air, B-air, or a Smash Attack depending on where they are.

It's probably her best tilt, I just forget it exists. If I'm not walking/dashing around jabbing, or trying to land a grab, I'm bouncing around the stage with empty shorthops and SHFF aerials. I almost never think to use her other moves lol.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
All stuff are in the Zeldaganda depository, it's why we have such a thread~ :^)
Thanks for hitting me up with them kickbacks gorl. Maybe it would be easier to find if it was stickied #justsaiyan

Anyway, I was playing as Samus in doubles, and it seems missiles always home in on your teammate regardless who's closest to her. It's really weird and I want to know if this has happened to anyone else so I know it's not just my imagination. If this is true, well, it's another thing to add to the list of Sakuratena's bad design choices.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Palutena's utilt is a great antiair move. It beats out a ton of stuff; iirc even moves like Bowser's and Yoshi's down b's.

Oh and @ Lavani Lavani LW utilt to nair or uair is not a combo according to training mode, however it looks hard to escape out of so it might be worth trying in an actual match

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lucario feels clunky in this game, but I still like his combos and Aura Sphere is probably my favorite move in the game. I also hate the "start weak then get stronger as you get beat up" mechanic, but eh. He has enough power to start killing at reasonable percents with uair when he's around ~30% himself, so I guess it isn't as bad as it could've been.

Snaring Aura Sphere is actually way better than Dense Charge Shot etc. imo, it has suction windboxes to pull opponents into it and has transcendent priority, and can hit multiple times, and still has good kill power. My only gripes with it are the slower charge time and disgusting end lag after throwing one. Both sideBs slow the grab down to "slower than Samus' grab" tier, that's really all you need to know. And yeah, Glancing Counter is goofy lol

I...actually liked his white palette more in Brawl (I'm pretty sure it used to be white then and is gray now, anyway), and the other palette I mainly use was also one of his Brawl palettes (blue+green). I like the #8 purple palette too though.
Still...
>
I mean, I played Sheik all through Brawl so I know first-hand what it's like to not be able to kill. Luckily, Lucario doesn't have it that bad. Bair and uair seem to kill pretty early, anyway. I hate that dair doesn't halt all momentum anymore, btw.

I had no idea that Snaring Aura Sphere had a suction windbox; that's actually really cool. I'd assume that makes it annoying for the opponent when they're offstage.

For the record, my favorite moves in all of Smash 4 are Rosalina's nair, followed by Bouncing Fish, then Robin's nair, then Greninja's bair, and then Boost Kick.

Both sideBs slow the grab down to "slower than Samus' grab" tier
lol *cue Sakuratena picture*

His white palette swap was the only one I liked in Brawl. I don't really care about it being gone, though. It is better than the black/grey palette we have now. In Smash 4, my Lucario palette usage looks something like this: teal/blue-green>dark blue (I promise you it looks better on the Wii U)>purple>light blue>everything else.

edit: Since this is my page, I have to show you all this amazing photo I found in Bio today:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Today I learned that Pikachu Thunderjolt roll spam is literally the hell of smash. Or close to it.

EDIT: It was also laggy.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Greninja's U-smash is my favorite move by far. I'm changing my profile pic back to that on my 1 year of Smashboards anniversary. THE WATER SWORDS HYPE NEVER DIES!
Greninja Water Swords.jpg

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I can get a Lucario amiibo for like $32 (which is cheap for Lucario). Idk if I should get it. I'll (most likely) start my new job next week, so the making the money back shouldn't be much of a problem. Please help me decide if I should get it, gorls. :confused:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Favorite moves.
Farores wind, Zelda's Usmash, Din's Blaze, Nayrus Passion, Shadow Sneak.

Imagine how much better zelda would be if this was allowed. Instant high tier imo.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I can get a Lucario amiibo for like $32 (which is cheap for Lucario). Idk if I should get it. I'll (most likely) start my new job next week, so the making the money back shouldn't be much of a problem. Please help me decide if I should get it, gorls. :confused:
If it's cheap for Lucario, and you have no prob making the money back, get it!

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
For Glory =/= hell. At least for me today, where I couldn't land a single move or shield a single move because of the intense lag. And my opponent was teabagging THE WHOLE TIME. Like for our goddess's sake, you're only winning because I'm unable to get used to all the lag we're playing in. Got such a headache from that... Ugh..

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
For Glory =/= hell. At least for me today, where I couldn't land a single move or shield a single move because of the intense lag. And my opponent was teabagging THE WHOLE TIME. Like for our goddess's sake, you're only winning because I'm unable to get used to all the lag we're playing in. Got such a headache from that... Ugh..
Sometimes people teabag BECAUSE it's lagging, and it's sort of like saying "just play this for fun." unless they were aggressive.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I've played someone on For Glory whose strategy was literally Thunder Jolt > Quick Attack > FSmash.
I played a Pikachu who actually knew what they were doing. They ran away constantly with Quick Attack and spammed Jolts, punishing me whenever I tried to do anything. Zelda was waaaay too slow to keep up. On the flip side, I KO'd with Din's at 50% near the corner of the screen. :bluejump:

Did I mention that that Pika match I was just complaining about a while ago had lag? Cause it did. A lot. :glare:

EDIT: Anyone wanna play some? FG is killing me.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If it's cheap for Lucario, and you have no prob making the money back, get it!
ty, i'm really indecisive.
That's the lowest I've seen Lucario in a while, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to get it.
I just wish Meta Knight was less than $45 :(

I think all that leaves for amiibos that I want is Greninja, Robin, and ZSS (and maybe Villager, Palutena, and Shulk). Amiibos are so stressful to get :/

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Inhale is the best move in the game. It's one move that carries 50 other moves -- what's not to love?

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Sometimes people teabag BECAUSE it's lagging, and it's sort of like saying "just play this for fun." unless they were aggressive.
This person actually started teabagging after winning at least 4 matches (in a very salty way) while the lag was still the same. I doubt it was that, considering I beat him the last match in the last 10 seconds and he left after that. Probably just a troll.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And while we're on the topic of Palutena's moves, I remember you discussing with Macchiato that her FAir doesn't clank. That's kind of an inherent property of all aerials, is it not? That really doesn't sound that great to me lol.

BTW where is that in the move data in MasterCore?

_____

Re: favorite moves

1. :4lucario: Aura Sphere - The charge is a large damaging disjoint that sets up (kill) combos, and can be B-reversed for shenanigans. The projectile itself is, of course, also crazy good and can also be combo'd into.
2. :rosalina: Utilt - Really underrated due to her usmash, partial intangibility + a large disjoint above her beats out anything opponents try to land on her with, and its end lag is low enough to punish airdodges afterward too. Luma's version comes out frame 3 with a ridiculously strong sweetspot that can get fraudulent KOs with rage.
3. :4palutena: Bair - Frame 3 invincibility lets it beat everything, she can dive fearlessly into every recovery to safely edgeguard it guaranteed. And it kills, and it's got a nice disjoint, and nice damage, and its landing lag isn't even half bad. Can also be used out of Jump Glide to block incoming hits (the shield starts in front of her).
4. :4metaknight: Shuttle Loop - Amazing combo ender, amazing kill move, amazing OoS option, sharks opponents standing near the ledge when recovering with it.
5. Either :4megaman: Utilt or :4pacman: Bonus Fruit - The former is a hype as hell kill move and lets me finally do wakeup DPs in a Smash game while the latter is just a crazy-versatile projectile with a ton of interesting applications.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So I'm playing All Star to get customs. I'm on the part with Sheik, Ganondorf, and Jigglypuff and we're on Kongo Jungle 64. I'm playing as Robin, so I go offstage to edgeguard Ganon with nair. He falls into the barrel, and as he shoots out, you know what he does?
HE DAIRS ROBIN TO DEATH. Like wtf cpu how do you know about this timing and stuff smh

Oh and if you guys think FG is bad now, can you imagine it with customs? Palutena Superspeed SD's would be the new Little Mac side b to death :^)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I know that feeling. Try playing people on here or nintendojo who are close to you. I have decent connections with MW and WC people.
Inhale is the best move in the game. It's one move that carries 50 other moves -- what's not to love?
Inhale sucks :p

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I played a Pikachu who actually knew what they were doing. They ran away constantly with Quick Attack and spammed Jolts, punishing me whenever I tried to do anything. Zelda was waaaay too slow to keep up. On the flip side, I KO'd with Din's at 50% near the corner of the screen. :bluejump:

Did I mention that that Pika match I was just complaining about a while ago had lag? Cause it did. A lot. :glare:

EDIT: Anyone wanna play some? FG is killing me.
I'd like to. Only got 3ds though

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
_____

Re: favorite moves

2. :rosalina: Utilt - Really underrated due to her usmash, partial intangibility + a large disjoint above her beats out anything opponents try to land on her with, and its end lag is low enough to punish airdodges afterward too. Luma's version comes out frame 3 with a ridiculously strong sweetspot that can get fraudulent KOs with rage.
Plz explain why she has invincibility intangibility on this move. Y.

She doesn't even like, bring any body part OUTWARDS.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wow @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 you lied to me, utilt>uair combos with Lightweight active :246:

It doesn't kill on 3DS though, but it works on Diddy around 60% (kills around 70%)

Plz explain why she has invincibility intangibility on this move. Y.

She doesn't even like, bring any body part OUTWARDS.
Probably because she's absurdly tall idk

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Wow @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 you lied to me, utilt>uair combos with Lightweight active :246:

It doesn't kill on 3DS though, but it works on Diddy around 60% (kills around 70%)

Probably because she's absurdly tall idk
WAIT WHAT REALLY

I tested it on Fox cuz if it worked on anyone it'd work on him cuz he falls faster. That's weird. Idk maybe it's because I tested on Wii U and you tested on 3DS? Thanks for telling me tho.

Top Bottom