• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
@ Twili Twili

Really late comment but nice avatar :D
Thanks! :3
My group did a Kagerou Project thing when we opened our social, but now most of them moved on. Marry is too cute, though.~

Also as for PokéPairs, even though they aren't compatible, I've shipped Gardevoir with Blaziken since RSE.
Yes I know Gardevoir is shipped with everything.

Also Leavanny/Lilligant is amazingly cute.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wow. I miss playing Mega Man on 3ds. When you land a really hard hit, the red lightning is gigantic and it fills the screen.

This is how I fell in love with utilt.
How could you not love Mega Upper, Shoryuken, and whatever uppercut?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh hey it's that girl that I always see either with Paras or turned into a paras. Forgot where she was from.

Pokepairings, eh

The two best ones:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
0dc0796c2621185e14c49116a2c7fedc.png

No one likes farting anyway. His character design (not gameplay, I meant character) is disgusting. Biting people? Farting? Butt shaking? I mean.... gross man. That's GROSS.
I co-mained Wario in Brawl alongside PT. Smash Wario is an abomination to Wario history. Wario Land was actually a lot of fun and it's criminal that they went so far as to make Wario Ware the default costume rather than classic Wario. Smash Wario is a bad caricature of the character and just does dumb toilet humor things because lol 10 year olds who think "fartz r so funni LOL"
Going back to this, as a person who is a lover of all things cute, Wario disgusts me greatly. ;_;

I will say basing him off WarioWares is probably a better idea on paper then WarioLand. I have only played that Wario World game on the gamecube. While that was incredibly fun, it was just a platformer. If Sakurai was to choose between Platformer and original ip, it should be obvious. Though, the best option is to of course combine the two.

Admittedly there is a slight bias of me wanting to be a game maker having a character based on a series of games about game makers. (DIY was awesome btw).

But the ultimate problem is that Wario isn't even based on WarioWare. I mean, I guess his choppy and wacky movements are suppose to represent it, but it's not really enough. Where DOES biting and farting come from?

The even worse problem is how it affected his character after brawl. He started to unfortunately include farts a lot more. It really is a shame sometimes how influential smash can be in the wrong areas.

I mean, Warioware Wario sounds like an awesome concept but this...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Did Wario ever actually fart in his games? The jabs, Brawl Fsmash and bite sort of comes from sucking up coins in Wario World. I guess some animations come from the wario ware games.
In the wario games he was bulky and required outside propulsion to move his bulk at high speeds (like the canons in Wario Land shake It); his smash incarnation is very different from this.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I've been using Wario much more lately!
He's really good in 1v1 but in 4+ player smash it just gets too chaotic and blagh.

I LOVE Wario's play style, definitely gonna invest time into him I wish the were more active Wario players.
@ Macchiato Macchiato you should main Wario with me :3

Once, in a smash match this PacMan kept feeding my Wario cherries, he literally must have thrown 6 froots and I just kept chomping xD
Wario is love, Wario is life
No
Wario is hate, Wario is death
Thats better

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I accidentally went ham on a random Pit in for glory. I felt really bad because I'm pretty sure they were semi-new to the game. Was a pretty nifty kill though lol.

We should make a video of all the Zeldas on smashboards. It would be fabulous! Also, Sakurai why can't we share Wii-U replays yet? I would love the option to not have my videos look like they were recorded with a potato.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
We finished the sets

We put 4 sets with love for rushdowns
We put 4 sets with rejection for every other match up
We evenly decided it between squall and wind for obvious reasons.
We also evenly split it for the Dins and phantom

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've been doing All-Star mode on hard to get specific character customs
Playing with Ganon and Kirby on hard netted me all of their customs within an hour
Then I tried Crazy Orders for a couple of rounds with Ike and landed 4 random character customs
I found myself an efficient way to get customs, even though All Star mode is a pain
:216:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Going back to this, as a person who is a lover of all things cute, Wario disgusts me greatly. ;_;

I will say basing him off WarioWares is probably a better idea on paper then WarioLand. I have only played that Wario World game on the gamecube. While that was incredibly fun, it was just a platformer. If Sakurai was to choose between Platformer and original ip, it should be obvious. Though, the best option is to of course combine the two.

Admittedly there is a slight bias of me wanting to be a game maker having a character based on a series of games about game makers. (DIY was awesome btw).

But the ultimate problem is that Wario isn't even based on WarioWare. I mean, I guess his choppy and wacky movements are suppose to represent it, but it's not really enough. Where DOES biting and farting come from?

The even worse problem is how it affected his character after brawl. He started to unfortunately include farts a lot more. It really is a shame sometimes how influential smash can be in the wrong areas.

I mean, Warioware Wario sounds like an awesome concept but this...
Hey that bite is amazing, I won't argue with one of the best command grabs in the game.

And hey this is kinda related to the whole waft thing (Imma call it Waft cuz fart feels icky) but I had a theory on how waft kills people.
So, I was telling my bestest friend, Loveless Kun, I personally think that when Wario hits you with the waft you fly away from him not because of the force of it but because it so stank that your character does everything in their power to run as far away from the scent as humanly possible.
What if people hit by the waft are really secretly self destructing?
But hey, that's just a theory.
A game theory~

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I accidentally went ham on a random Pit in for glory. I felt really bad because I'm pretty sure they were semi-new to the game. Was a pretty nifty kill though lol.

We should make a video of all the Zeldas on smashboards. It would be fabulous! Also, Sakurai why can't we share Wii-U replays yet? I would love the option to not have my videos look like they were recorded with a potato.
Reported for abuse. :4wario2:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh hey it's that girl that I always see either with Paras or turned into a paras. Forgot where she was from
Sakura Chiyo from Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun. Have I mentioned that it is amazing and everyone here should watch it? :^)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Would a video like this be able to contain 3DS replay clips? Because I'm like, that Zelda player whose still stuck playing 3DS. ;3;

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If you want you can send me your 3ds replays and I can record them with a capture card.
Really? :D *Happy jumps*

We're talking FC replay sending right? Lemme go get my code...

Edit : Here :p
0576 - 6720 - 8922

Later, (When I'm actually not busy but on SB :smirk:) I'll comb through my replays.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Derusted against CPUs after a week of Pokemon

I think I forgot how to Greninja...seems like I kinda forgot how to everyone but Meta Knight, who I suddenly started to do things off dtilt/dair with even though I never did before. I know it's old news to the MK boards but dtilt>Shuttle Loop around 110% is something I'd taken for granted until I started doing it randomly against the CPU and it really helps a lot in keeping kill percents down.

Non-custom Palutena still bores me. I don't care if I think she's better than most give her credit for, I just don't find her moveset fun.

I am still unsure if there is any hope for me and Lucario, I think if I get into the mindset that I need to play the character more safely and patiently and use Aura Sphere more I could make him work for me though. For some reason I know to use nair against the CPU but I always try to land with fair against human opponents.

Sheik still feels weird and I don't really know why, but needles>Bouncing Fish is amazing.

So, I guess this is where I'm at with characters right now:

Playable: :rosalina::4metaknight:
Rusty: :4greninja:
Learning?: :4lucario:
Probably won't play: :4palutena::4ganondorf::4dedede:
Probably can't play: Everyone else

/dearsmashdiary

Latte

Smash Ace
Sheiks who spam rolls and needles even when I'm at 200%+ as Zelda need to just stop playing Smash.

Palutena's fun but I'm probably going to only use her for friendlies

The fight for the mainstream air slash continues

The Mario MU discussion is rly disappointing :^(
I was told to come here by some crazy moderator. Is this the circlejerk of Zelda players? ;3
Oh hell yes. We are the circle jerk sis

And we're all crazy. Welcome to the party

Last edited:

Soul.

Pika boards scream "wasteland"
there's literally nothing
inb4 you need skype but who uses skype it destroys board activity???

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
Thanks Latte ;3 So I realize I'm late to the party, but any tips for hitting sweetspots more reliably? I've practiced them and know the hitbox for them, but I can never hit them when it counts ;-;

Latte

Smash Ace
Thanks Latte ;3 So I realize I'm late to the party, but any tips for hitting sweetspots more reliably? I've practiced them and know the hitbox for them, but I can never hit them when it counts ;-;
Use dthrow (or dtilt at mid-high %) to knock your opponents into the air, then go for a fair or bair. If you still can't get it right, try changing the timing of your jumps a bit. This is one of those things that you just need to practice.

Another thing you can do is run off the ledge and lightning kick when your opponent is recovering low. It's easier than it sounds, and I've gotten a lot of KOs this way.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wow, another midwest Zelda?

Why are there so many people from the midwest here?

In other fightan communities I'd get asked "east coast or west coast?" before every online match and I'd always reply "middle coast", such a rare breed they didn't even know we existed :drsad:

The Mario MU discussion is rly disappointing :^(
:4mario:45:55:4shulk: imo

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Would a video like this be able to contain 3DS replay clips? Because I'm like, that Zelda player whose still stuck playing 3DS. ;3;
Of course, the more the better! @ Fernosaur Fernosaur and I can doodle up some art or something for player transitions also. I am usually lazy when making my videos so idk if I want to be in charge of that lol.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Playing with Farore's Windfall for the first time since October. Up throw → Windfall is honestly the most enjoyable thing I have ever done in smash 4 (true combos also!). Actually, anything that involves this move is fun. I love bouncing people off the stage like a bouncing ball haha.

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
@ Lavani Lavani Midwest sucks tbh, there are like no good players around here and all of them play mediocre characters. The best player I know isn't even that good and he plays Marth

Top Bottom