• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I think I fight Wario's bike more than Wario himself

@ Mocha Mocha , I love your new avatar~. Because truth be told... I kinda ship Greninja and Serena, not that I'm weird or anything

Also, it's a bad idea to have too many Wario players, or we will kill commentators such as this one due to fart hype. :^)
"OOIOSOFLEFWEFUW HE'S SOOOO SMART HE PLACED HIS BIKE... JUST TO FART ON IT."
Thanks, it pretty much depicts my Smash 4 frustrations :p
Believe it or not, I've seen stranger things.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I co-mained Wario in Brawl alongside PT. Smash Wario is an abomination to Wario history. Wario Land was actually a lot of fun and it's criminal that they went so far as to make Wario Ware the default costume rather than classic Wario. Smash Wario is a bad caricature of the character and just does dumb toilet humor things because lol 10 year olds who think "fartz r so funni LOL"
Yeah I actually don't really mind Wario too much outside of Smash, they really messed him up here.

Though I think the whole waft thing came from that soccer spin-off, Mario Strikers Charged, since I remember it being his special move there so at least it came from somewhere.

I kinda ship Greninja and Serena, not that I'm weird or anything
You and a lot of people for some reason. Greninja is probably the Pokémon most often seen with Serena in fanart.

Thanks, it pretty much depicts my Smash 4 frustrations :p
Believe it or not, I've seen stranger things.
Nice avatar :3

Also, Wario's fart is dumb. I wonder what happens if I countered that **** hmmm

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
All I need is a Cherry to knock that fatso off his bike.
Speaking of which...
I need to make some bad Puns for evey fruit that Pac-Man has!

So far I have these:

Apple kill: "An apple a day keeps the opponent away!"
Replace "opponent" with "doctor" when I'm fighting doctor mario.

Orange gimp: "Welp, orange you glad it wasn't a JV two stock?"

Bell kill: "The bell tolls for thee!"

Key kill: "Here. My ride is out back."

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I've been using Wario much more lately!
He's really good in 1v1 but in 4+ player smash it just gets too chaotic and blagh.

I LOVE Wario's play style, definitely gonna invest time into him I wish the were more active Wario players.
@Macchiato you should main Wario with me :3

Once, in a smash match this PacMan kept feeding my Wario cherries, he literally must have thrown 6 froots and I just kept chomping xD
Wario is love, Wario is life

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I've been using Wario much more lately!
He's really good in 1v1 but in 4+ player smash it just gets too chaotic and blagh.

I LOVE Wario's play style, definitely gonna invest time into him I wish the were more active Wario players.
@Macchiato you should main Wario with me :3

Once, in a smash match this PacMan kept feeding my Wario cherries, he literally must have thrown 6 froots and I just kept chomping xD
Wario is love, Wario is life
Look what you people have done! :glare::facepalm:

Spirst

All I need is a Cherry to knock that fatso off his bike.
Speaking of which...
I need to make some bad Puns for evey fruit that Pac-Man has!

So far I have these:

Apple kill: "An apple a day keeps the opponent away!"
Replace "opponent" with "doctor" when I'm fighting doctor mario.

Orange gimp: "Welp, orange you glad it wasn't a JV two stock?"

Bell kill: "The bell tolls for thee!"

Key kill: "Here. My ride is out back."
These are SO bad that I actually had a chuckle. Especially that last one with the key. Now I'm never going to be able to throw it without thinking, "Here, go park this, you dirty little valet."

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Is it because of the tongue?
I wish I was a mod so I could press Edit to see what you wrote and still not do it and then complain about me being able to do it but not doing it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I wish I was a mod so I could press Edit to see what you wrote and still not do it and then complain about me being able to do it but not doing it.
You don't need to be a mod.

Just click reply!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meh, have a bishie and a dorky frog. :p

Large image in spoiler. All credit goes to Bootsii.

I just realized that I play and like all of the Star Fox characters in SSB.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Those are kinda cute from a non-shipping perspective
Before I knew about the existence of the ship I just assumed it was a super cute Trainer-Pokémon friendship image. I still prefer to see it that way and I think that one was the first major Greninja fanart I saw as well.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Star Fox characters fall too quickly. I want to play characters that jump, then worry they'll never touch the ground again.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Dorky frogs are the best.
especially the non reptiles :p

Before I knew about the existence of the ship I just assumed it was a super cute Trainer-Pokémon friendship image. I still prefer to see it that way and I think that one was the first major Greninja fanart I saw as well.
Same here. I've just never been into the trainer/pokemon thing as a ship, but to each their own I guess.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Those are kinda cute from a non-shipping perspective

BUT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, IT'S LIKE THE FROG PRINCE AND PRINCESS KINDA THING

Honestly, I don't ship them more than trainer/Pokemon, but it's still incredibly cute.

Lavani are u a magician cuz this is an amazing relevation lmao

Btw gorls new Awkward Zombie that we could've used for the Palutena raid but now it's too late smh
BUT MAN THIS MAKES ME SHIP PALUCINA EVEN MORE DYIIININGGGGGG

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My 64, Melee, and Brawl history with :jigglypuffmelee::luigimelee: would indeed support this.

I don't like Jiggs in this game though, and I don't feel worthy to play Luigi when I can't mash enough for jumpless cyclone. Rosa's a good fit though.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Wario's back crawl is a taunt in itself if you ask me.
It's like he's twerking.

But seriously, his Fair is so amazingly safe *^*
And so are his tilts :3 I feel like maybe he's one of if not the most underrated/underused character in the roster.

In other news, anyone find an awesome use for Nayru's Passion yet?
And this is kind of a random side question but are any of the Phantom customs good e,=e ?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
But seriously, his Fair is so amazingly safe *^*
And so are his tilts :3 I feel like maybe he's one of if not the most underrated/underused character in the roster.

And this is kind of a random side question but are any of the Phantom customs good e,=e ?
Huh, his tilts are safe? I know dtilt's good, I thought ftilt/utilt were bleh though.

Phantom Strike (downB 3) charges faster than the default with larger hitboxes that fix its blind spots, and it does more damage. It doesn't move as far, and it lacks kill power, but full charge is something like 28% with fixed horizontal knockback.

EDIT: I can agree that Wario is quite underrated/underused. I don't mind that because I dislike the character quite a bit, but he is a rather good character imo

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Honestly, I don't ship them more than trainer/Pokemon, but it's still incredibly cute.

OMG YAS PALUCINA IS THE BEST SHIP EVER. YOU KNOW WHERE IT'S AT ;;;

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

Assuming we imagine every frog to be a human, let alone a prince, yes :3

Also, what's crazier? Princess and the Frog, or Beauty and the Beast?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So I decided to look up fanart of Greninja and Serena to see what I would stumble upon and well.

I will say that I kinda wish now that you could give the playable characters a ninja outfit in X/Y.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Huh, his tilts are safe? I know dtilt's good, I thought ftilt/utilt were bleh though.

Phantom Strike (downB 3) charges faster than the default with larger hitboxes that fix its blind spots, and it does more damage. It doesn't move as far, and it lacks kill power, but full charge is something like 28% with fixed horizontal knockback.
Well Ftilt is a decent kill option and can stuff other attacks. Utilt is limited but I think it's good for catching overhead approaches since his hands swell up.
And yeah Dtilt is pretty good all around.
I think it's important to use his tilts every so often to keep things mixed up, but I guess it depends on the matchup really.

And ooh, thanks for that info.
Personally I find the distance traveled on Phantom not to be that big of an issue, I think it's better to have your knight close by anyways that way you can hide behind it and charge an Fsmash or something :3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Star Fox characters fall too quickly. I want to play characters that jump, then worry they'll never touch the ground again.
Eh, I got used to it. Play Devil May Cry, the characters fall fast (and I think they move through the air a bit slowly) which is why jump canceling is so good since it can extend aerials and basically spam certain powerful aerials like Beehive/Starfall/Fullhouse - same move; different names - or Vergil's Aerial Rave - imagine being able to spam a frame 1-3 aerial that has the damage output of say, Captain Falcon's completely connected Nair. I can't jump cancel well, but dealing with fast falls became normal which might explain why I'm bad at 2D Mario games since falling is a bit more floaty.

The other part is more about their move set. As a martial art enthusiast, I like their moves and then there's Wolf who goes Iori Yagami on people.

That and I like sci-fi stuff too.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
So I decided to look up fanart of Greninja and Serena to see what I would stumble upon and well.

I will say that I kinda wish now that you could give the playable characters a ninja outfit in X/Y.
That first one is one of my favs... I've used it before a few times ^^

And yeah, I can't even remember what the closest you can get to a ninja outfit. Don't the guys have any head bands?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Philoz? How do you pronounce your name? Like "Pillows"? Or "Fill-oz"?
It's pronounced "Fill-oz", I don't think I'd like to be called a pillow. :^(

"Now that PHILOZOPHY" *ba dum tsst*

Fun fact, I was a corny middle school student who loved Smash a lot at that time. Made the username then with "SB" meaning Smash Brawl, "Phil" is a part of my name, LoZ is of course referencing the Zelda series, and 4 was my favourite number at that time (I don't like it anymore though haha).

It's a really corny name, but it stuck ehehehe.

Top Bottom