• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Zelda seems like your kind of character if you're prepared for the self-inflicted psychological harm that comes with maining her.
But what I don't like about Zelda is how linear she is. I love the versatility that Pac-Man has, and you can be extremely creative with his tools. I'm always learning something new with this character. So many possibilities.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Err...kinda.
I was trying him out, considering that he was my secondary in brawl, but he doesn't seem to fit my playstyle that well. I'm not a "bait and punish" type of player. More of a creative "trick, trap, and troll" type of guy lol. I like to have fun with my opponent strangely enough.

Oh, and that mega man match I had with you was an embarrassment lol. No johns, but I played much worse than normal with him. Maybe it's because I've been trying to focus on Pac more.

I have this weird thing with mega man in that I want to use him, but I also don't. He's fun, but at the same time I don't want to have fun with him lol.
It's...weird to say the least.
I've had some experience with Megaman the day before I played you with him so I was more prepared to dealing with him that time. In fact I should probably upload the matches I had with that Megaman in my channel soon =P

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I've had some experience with Megaman the day before I played you with him so I was more prepared to dealing with him that time. In fact I should probably upload the matches I had with that Megaman in my channel soon =P
Mega Man is a character that I feel will end up just outside of high tier.

When the meta evolves into a more patience based game, it will be much easier to break through mega man's wall of projectiles. He actually has very clear holes in his defensive game that certain characters can already take advanage of (meta knight, Shiek, Pac-Man)
Pac-Man won't suffer the same fate because of his amazing trap game and versatility. His projectiles can't be spammed to victory because he can't throw them out fast enough (one reason why I stress that Pac-Man shouldn't camp)
Instead, he has a fruit for every possible situation. A toolbox if you will.

He has an amazing nuetral, but has a severe lack of CQC and he struggles from very unreliable kill moves and lack of kill set ups.
Unlike Pac-Man though, he doesn't get the customs to fix this flaw.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So, I made this to put @Macchiato's mains in perspective.
Blue is the ones he mained and red is the ones he hasn't.
Funny how he hasn't mained falcondorf yet.

I also learned the hard way that chappagetti is supposed to be prepared differently than ramen.
I'm dead certain that he did you :4luigi:and :4tlink:in some point of his career here. :^)

Inb4 in two months time we ask him who he mains and he replies:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
But what I don't like about Zelda is how linear she is. I love the versatility that Pac-Man has, and you can be extremely creative with his tools. I'm always learning something new with this character. So many possibilities.
This so much. I'm a stubborn person when it comes to trying to be creative with even the most simple characters, but I'm a bit at loss this time around with Zelda. Course, sometimes we spend too much time trying to be creative, when simple would have been more effective.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Spirst linked it here once already, but it's still good the second time.

Pac is legitimately the most interesting man in the world, and needs an edit into the Dos Equis commercial asap

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Spirst linked it here once already, but it's still good the second time.
Pac is legitimately the most interesting man in the world, and needs an edit into the Dos Equis commercial asap
Oops, I'm late.
I actually didn't know this place existed before today Lol

Edit: Damn, wish I didn't suck at photoshop (or any detail oriented work for that matter)
Because I REALLY want to make that commercial happen

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
did battle spot again for giggles and fought someone with a blatantly hacked party of all shiny dialga/palkia/zekrom

somehow palkia didn't outspeed gardevoir and I just hyper voice swept lol

I see a lot of passersby begging for shiny legendaries nowadays, I wonder if people are QR coding terribly statted shiny legendaries for them.

Soul.

who plays pokémon wifi nowadays
noobs? Pokémon Wi-Fi was gdlk in Gen 4 and maybe 5, 6 is starting to be a noob fest.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh god I have so many replays that I don't remember why I saved them. I'm gonna have to look around a lot to find the clips I need for my Greninja highlights video.

This will take longer than I expected.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh yeah, how's that coming along btw?
Since Movie Maker broke my first attempt, I'm redoing it and I have about 30 clips done right now. I'm digging through my replays to find anything else of note that I could include in it. A lot of the clips I have right now I've posted as gifs in the Greninja social at some point as well.

Lots of Substitute and Shadow Sneak shenanigans in this montage too.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I honestly have so much trouble doing anything with PacMan @_@
Every time I play a match with him I just kind of wing it and play random it's like there are too many options to even consider doing just one.
Anytime I try to set up trampoline and hydrant to try and force people into traps I just don't get anywhere Idk I wanna main him but I feel lost.
Also his grab is dreadful, and I need good grabs to function because I grab a lot.

In recent news I've been playing Peach, Wario and Killager much more, I love them :D
Zelda can be pretty fun sometimes, I occasionally play with my good friend and we have very tense matches but they're so fun! We read the heck out of each other's actions every single second it's actually enjoyable unlike random matches online. Zelda is fun when you read like a mofo I guess

Spirst

Oh damn, even @ Nu~ Nu~ is here now? This really is all of the Smash 4 part of Smashboards in one social.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This so much. I'm a stubborn person when it comes to trying to be creative with even the most simple characters, but I'm a bit at loss this time around with Zelda. Course, sometimes we spend too much time trying to be creative, when simple would have been more effective.
Play like an idiot. That's how I figure out weird, niche, and wacky things to do with characters. For one, I love to dunk-kill with Ike and Ganondorf's Dair, I like using Link and Toon Link's pivot Ftilts which are effective and funny because people just don't know what just happened, and just throwing people only to not follow them or using attacks to space and stand there (menacingly) are stuff that come out while I play.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Lots of Substitute and Shadow Sneak shenanigans in this montage too.
Hehe...
I remember all the times you tried to usmash my hydrant just to miss and get smashed. I'm surprised that you didn't just start using substitute.
And that aerial shadow sneak trick will never work on me after the first time :p

Oh damn, even @ Nu~ Nu~ is here now? This really is all of the Smash 4 part of Smashboards in one social.
I have been missing out on so much...
I find it hilarious that the Zelda social is really just the smash 4 social.
Guess the Zelda thread was just the old abandoned ballroom that someone came across on a lonely night...
Now everyone parties here :denzel:

Brilliant. We have a Pacman main. All we need now is the obligatory Wario main~

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Play like an idiot. That's how I figure out weird, niche, and wacky things to do with characters. For one, I love to dunk-kill with Ike and Ganondorf's Dair, I like using Link and Toon Link's pivot Ftilts which are effective and funny because people just don't know what just happened, and just throwing people only to not follow them or using attacks to space and stand there (menacingly) are stuff that come out while I play.
Omg lol I love what you're talking about with Link's pivot ftilt. I do that with Palutena's ftilt (aka her worst move) to stop approaches and it always works cuz no one knows what's happening. It's hillarious. If it's multihitting, long lasting, stuffs approaches, confuses people, and does decent shield damage I guess it actually isn't that bad :^)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Hehe...
I remember all the times you tried to usmash my hydrant just to miss and get smashed. I'm surprised that you didn't just start using substitute.
And that aerial shadow sneak trick will never work on me after the first time :p
Yeah I noticed that you just started seeing coming all the time. It's not something you'd want to do often otherwise it gets really predictable, I still tried anyway.

It's the kind of thing that take the opponent by surprise the first time but doesn't work after they catch up to it. Thankfully Greninja still has plenty of tricks to rely on to help the opponent double guess themselves so it can still be a good thing to do as long as you don't get predictable with it.

I need to learn to stop sitting on the ledge spamming shurikens when someone is recovering and just go B-Air them =V

Though the shurikens did make you leave yourself very vulnerable to those stage spikes as well.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Yeah I noticed that you just started seeing coming all the time. It's not something you'd want to do often otherwise it gets really predictable, I still tried anyway.

It's the kind of thing that take the opponent by surprise the first time but doesn't work after they catch up to it. Thankfully Greninja still has plenty of tricks to rely on to help the opponent double guess themselves so it can still be a good thing to do as long as you don't get predictable with it.

I need to learn to stop sitting on the ledge spamming shurikens when someone is recovering and just go B-Air them =V

Though the shurikens did make you leave yourself very vulnerable to those stage spikes as well.
My teching skillz suck lol. It kills a man's soul when you have a huge percent advantage and stock advantage over someone, just to lose it due to a tandem Bair :crying:

#****ingOffstageYoshiBair

I actually don't know. Those things are a rare commodity
There's always @Vengeance_NS

From what I can tell, he repps wario hardcore

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
One of my friends used to main wario but now he's just a tertiary to kirby and G&W

he's pretty much the only wario I know of though

There are legit less Wario players than Zelda players. Think about that for a moment.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Omg lol I love what you're talking about with Link's pivot ftilt. I do that with Palutena's ftilt (aka her worst move) to stop approaches and it always works cuz no one knows what's happening. It's hillarious. If it's multihitting, long lasting, stuffs approaches, confuses people, and does decent shield damage I guess it actually isn't that bad :^)
Link can just shuffle around which is funny and then he'll slam his Master Sword onto someone or, if you let Link dash out of a pivot, he can Dash Attack. Yeah. Think about it. The mind games are insane with that since Link can just quickly hit you or he can bait a Jump Attack to kill you. It's freaking awesome.

Toon Link can't Jump Attack, sadly, but he's fast, so against the average player, abusing pivot Ftilts might not be a bad idea. It's mean, but it works. Still, the range he has for a little guy makes it worthwhile. Toon Link's foxtrots are cool too since he moves fast, but doesn't stop slowly. Meanwhile, Sonic... Sonic's turn around is kind of bad to say the least if you screw up and don't pivot.

Those exist?
@Spinosaurus popped up once in the SSB4 Social thread. I think it was because I mentioned to someone about him having a Yosuke avatar at the time. He's the mod for the Wario boards.

No one likes farting anyway. His character design (not gameplay, I meant character) is disgusting. Biting people? Farting? Butt shaking? I mean.... gross man. That's GROSS.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
At least Wario has one of the funniest star KO screams.

Nyaaaah~

I find it hilarious that the Zelda social is really just the smash 4 social.
Guess the Zelda thread was just the old abandoned ballroom that someone came across on a lonely night...
Now everyone parties here :denzel:
This thread is so much classier than the Smash 4 social, though.

Like, infinitely classier.

I'd use more comparative adjectives but I might end up offending someone.

Spirst

I co-mained Wario in Brawl alongside PT. Smash Wario is an abomination to Wario history. Wario Land was actually a lot of fun and it's criminal that they went so far as to make Wario Ware the default costume rather than classic Wario. Smash Wario is a bad caricature of the character and just does dumb toilet humor things because lol 10 year olds who think "fartz r so funni LOL"

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
and it's criminal that they went so far as to make Wario Ware the default costume rather than classic Wario.
As someone who had only played the Wario Land games I was infinitely confused as to what Wario was wearing in Brawl the first time I saw him.

EDIT: I should probably expand on that by saying that I only beat 1 and played a little of 4

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Mocha Mocha , I love your new avatar~. Because truth be told... I kinda ship Greninja and Serena, not that I'm weird or anything

Also, it's a bad idea to have too many Wario players, or we will kill commentators such as this one due to fart hype. :^)
"OOIOSOFLEFWEFUW SOOOO SMART. HE PUT HIS BIKE ON THE EDGE... JUST TO FART ON IT."

Last edited:
Top Bottom